• Published 18th Jan 2014
  • 346 Views, 4 Comments

Night of Night Shade - HexGirl



Night Shade has always been attracted to the night but now something else is contributing. A mysterious force. Will she be able to control this darkness or will it consume her and others?

  • ...
 4
 346

Odd Meetings

"Good morning Spike." greeted Twilight as she awoke.

"Good morning Twilight." replied Spike.

"I hope I didn't wake you last night. Night Shade stopped by."

"Its been a few weeks since I have seen her."

"She was acting a little strange last night. I think I may pay her a visit and make sure everything is fine. You stay here and put away the books in the return box. I shouldn't be gone too long.".

"Okay. I guess I will see you when you get back then."

"Bye Spike." Twilight exited the library and headed west.

It didn't take her long to reach Night Shade's home. She could tell the lights in the house were off which provoked her curiousity. She eagerly trotted up to the door and gave a freindly knock on the wood.

"Who comes to my corner?" a voice asked from inside.

"Its me, Twilight."

"Just a sec." Shade answered. In a few seconds the door opened to reveal the same sight Twilight had seen last night. A pony draped in a dark green cloak.

"Night Shade? Are you sure you are okay? Most ponies don't wear cloaks inside their houses."

"Of course I'm fine. I just... got a little cold."

"Well it might help if you opened the curtains and let the warmth of the sun in." Twilight moved to the curtains.

"No! Don't open them! Um... I ... uh don't like brightness of the sun when I first wake up."

"Okay. So did you find what you were looking for last night?" Twilight changed the topic hoping to get information through another approach.

"Yeah. Thanks for letting me in so late."

"No problem, so what was it you were looking for?"

"Um..." Night Shade quickly moved to her desk. "Sorry for the mess, I don't normally have guests." she began clearing off her desk and slipped the book into a filing cabinet. "What was I looking for? Just a new book on... art. You know how I like to draw and such."

"Okay then." Twilight had given up. "Remember your welcome anytime in my library. I think Rarity has something for you. She said you had dropped off a request yesterday and she had some questions."

"Oh yes. I went by her boutique before coming to the library last night. Thank you for reminding me." Night Shade thanked Twilight and proceeded to usher her out shutting the door behind her and taking a deep breath.

Later that day, Night Shade stopped by Rarity's.

"Yes, Night Shade my darling I had a question about the note you dropped off. You said you needed a costume. What kind of costume? Oh and you can hang your cloak over there on the raack if you would like."

"I would prefer to keep it on actually but thanks for the gesture. Concerning the costume, I would like it to completely mask my ears and face. You can leave a space for me to see through but no more please. Also I need it to cover my sides and preferably not clingy or tight."

"Okay..." Rarity processed. "What color pattern would you like?"

"Something that will blend in. Just choose something you think would be fashionable."

"Alright my dear. When do you need it by?" Rarity restrained from commenting on the request or present appearance of the pony before her.

"As soon as possible. Please excuse me but I must leave now." Night Shade was afraid Rarity would discover her secret and bolted for the door and left for home sneaking past everypony. She just knew if she got stopped by somepony, her secret would be revealed. Why was she even out at this time of day anyways? Before long home was in sight.

"Hey Night Shade!" a young voice called.

She stopped dead in her tracks. Oh no! I'm almost home. A sensation flowed through her body. One she was getting accustomed to. 'Not now' she thought but it was too late.