• Member Since 1st Mar, 2012
  • offline last seen Apr 19th, 2022

Gregory the Mighty


I'm an independent Writer

E

When the mane 6, Doctor Whooves, Vinyl Scratch, Big Mac, Bon Bon, Lyra and Cheerilee are chosen to be jurors, they must decide the case of the century.

Chapters (3)
Comments ( 13 )

Heh heh... This is one of my favorite films. I don't have the time to read this at the moment, but I sure hope you do it justice! :rainbowkiss:

Kinda quick, I've never seen Twelve Angry men and I won't say it's bad. Though I'd like to see what exactly befell Trixie.

And where's Bon-Bon?

I'm pretty sure that white is actually the allowance of every color, not the absence. That's black.

you win. at life. i love this story.

Eh, not my cup of tea but it could'a been much worse. I'll stick to the John Travolta version. :derpytongue2:

“Look, this pony was... diferent. Lots of ponies wanted her to change or stay in the background. It caused a lot of fuss everytime she opened her mouth.”

That line stuck with me for some reason. :derpytongue2:

It would be better to say that the colours are in balance to one another. With white, all colours are fully there. With black, all colours are equally absent. And with greys all colours equal each other out.

369504

The color thing: I know how colors and light work. The thing is, the line is going Rarity, who comes from a fashion background. In printing and textiles, they go by rules of pigment, not light. We live in a digital age when all images are made by computer. It was not always the case. If you're making an oil painting with physical paint and paintbrush, white represents the absence of color on the canvas.

When dealing with light, TV and projection, the white light is all, and it's frequency is slowed down to different degrees to make different hues. This is a positive light. It happens when the art is Made of light.

Painting and textiles are negative. They are not made of light and therefore work in the opposite. These media only exist when white light is present. Try visiting an art museum at midnight during a blackout. It won't be much fun. Same with a fashion show.
:raritydespair:

369696

Well, well...yeah, you're right. You've obviously thought this through far more than I did. :twilightsheepish:

(Puts on smart glasses) Not that I don't know what subtractive colour is, thank you...with especial thanks to Mr. Littlefinger, my grade 9 substitute science teacher who formally introduced the topic, and to all my art teachers, who kept on pounding it into my head until I got away from them by graduating high school, not to mention that one time in grade 1 (during my experimental period) when I learned that a poppy is not more beautiful the more colours you add to it, just a really ugly brown!

:pinkiehappy:

"But for a sofa to fit in that box, it would have to be bigger on the inside"

Ooh, I see what you did there. Subtle.

This story sounds amazing and I love 12 Angry Men. I hope to see good things in this story.

Login or register to comment