• Published 24th Feb 2014
  • 833 Views, 11 Comments

The Price of Cider - StormLuna



Some old foes of Applejack get aid from a wealthy pony who trades in the commodities market to manipulate cider prices to drive Sweet Apple Acres out of business. Applejack must get help if she is to save the farm.

  • ...
9
 11
 833

Preparing for Justice

Luna had just finished her breakfast and Celestia continued to pester her. Celestia asked, "Little sister, when are you going to go and get the Apple Family and when are you going to send that letter to Manehattan?"

Luna growled, "I am heading to Ponyville now. I will send a letter to Manehattan express from the post office down there so it will get there tomorrow. I will be staying with the Apples until Juice Bottle gets to Ponyville and then we will all come up here together. Now if you will excuse me I have to get going."

Before Luna could get out of the throne room Celestia asked, "So Luna, who will be raising and lowering the moon while you are down there?"

Luna gave her sister a scowl and replied, "I will do it from down there. I know what time it needs to be raised and when it needs to be lowered."

Luna stormed out the door and headed to the Ponyville Post Office with a letter to be sent to Juice Bottle regarding the current situation. Luna walked in and said, "Hey, I need to send this letter express to Manehattan."

Postman Yellow Mane asked, "Princess Luna? Is that you your Majesty?"

Luna replied, "Yes, I am Princess Luna."

Yellow Mane replied, "I will make sure that this gets there extra quick because anything you would be sending is obviously extremely important."

Yellow Mane placed the letter in the express box and it was carried to Juice Bottle directly via Pegasus mail. Luna headed over to Sweet Apple Acres. She saw a devastated Applejack sitting over by the barn. She approached her and said, "Hello dear Applejack, I have some good news. We have tracked down the culprits who crashed the cider prices and we will get things set straight."

Applejack's ears perked up as she ran to Luna and said, "Your Majesty, I'm so glad to hear that!"

Luna said, "I will be staying here until Juice Bottle gets here from Manehattan and then we will all head up to Canterlot for the court proceedings."

Applejack asked, "Who is going to be the judge? Is it going to be Celestia?"

Luna replied, "No, I am the one who has authority over all court proceedings."

This made Applejack breathe a sigh of relief. She then asked, "Who are the culprits and where are they right now?"

Luna replied, "The culprits are Flim and Flam, which doesn't surprise me and the other two are Filthy Rich and his daughter, Diamond Tiara."

Apple Bloom heard this and she ran over and asked, "Your Majesty, did you say that Diamond Tiara was one of the ponies involved in this mess? Are you going to throw her in the dungeon forever?"

Luna replied, "I think she is one of the culprits and once Juice Bottle gets here we will all go up to Canterlot and the hearing will be held. I can't guarantee that they will be convicted but I will make the best decision regarding what happened."

Applejack asked, "So they have already been convicted?"

Luna replied, "Well no they haven't and there is no guarantee that they will be. It is just a matter of me thinking that they are guilty. I will have to go over the evidence and hear everypony's testimony."

Applejack asked, "Well Your Majesty, since you are going to be staying here until Juice Bottle gets here, where do you plan on staying?"

Luna asked, "I was wondering if you had anywhere I could stay? I just feel so at home here at Sweet Apple Acres."

Applejack replied, "Well we really don't have a guest room but we could make room for you."

Luna said, "Thank you dear Applejack. I greatly appreciate it."

Two days later Juice Bottle arrived in Ponyville and headed over to Sweet Apple Acres in the morning. He arrived right as Luna and the Apple family were finishing breakfast. He knocked on the door and was greeted by Applejack.

Applejack asked, "Howdy Juice Bottle, so how was your trip here?"

Juice Bottle replied, "Well it was good. It seemed like it took forever. I'm sure you are just as ready as I am to confront those who have wronged not just us, but the whole nation."

Applejack replied, "Yep, I am."

Luna interrupted, "Alright everypony, let's get going. The train should be leaving here within ten minutes."

Applejack asked, "Now do you just want me to go up with you or do you want all four of us?"

Luna replied, "I want all of you to come up there with me. Let's get going."

Applejack said, "You hear that Apples, let's get going!"

Princess Luna, Juice Bottle and the whole Apple family arrived at the train station right as the train was leaving. The trip took around 35 minutes. Once they arrived they headed to the throne room. Celestia asked, "Luna, don't you think it is a bit unfair for the judge to also be good friends with the plaintiffs?"

Luna asked, "First off, no I don't. Second, if I don't preside over this trial, who the hay is going to?"

Celestia replied, "I could do it. Yes I am a friend of Applejack's as well but I'm not as close of a friend as you are to her."

Luna slammed her hoof on the floor and shouted, "Look big sister, you are not a judge. How much do you know about Equestrian law regarding fraud in the commodities market?"

Celestia replied, "Well I don't know anything about it." Celestia sneered as she continued, "Oh but wait, I forgot that all I do is sit on my throne and look pretty while you handle all the legal issues here in Equestria."

Celestia stormed out of the throne room into the dining hall to have a snack. Celestia was fuming mad because she felt that Luna was simply using her legal power, which she could not challenge, to run a kangaroo court in which the defendants would be found guilty no matter what.