• Member Since 12th Apr, 2014
  • offline last seen Apr 12th, 2018

Pen Mightier


I proved my namesake in a duel of honour. The crayon never stood a chance.

T
Source

"Ponykind must have run out of colours when they finally got to this pony. Everything from his mane to his ass was all seven colours of gloom and doom. He was so dark and brooding he probably ate glittery emos and shat vampire bats.” - Quote of the Week

1000 years the ponies have prayed for a saviour to deliver them, whether it was their long lost sun goddess Celestia, or even Nightmare Moon, maybe even the chaos lord Discord, anypony! After suffering under the yoke of a tyrant god for so long, they decided any saviour will do, even a dark demonic overlord. One unicorn sorceress finally decides to take matters into her own hooves. She sets out to the frozen ruins of a long lost Empire in the Crystal Mountains bearing a grand sacrifice of 1000 ponies in an attempt to summon the dark demonic overlord of the Crystal Empire.

When the dark ritual turned up a blank, the universe decides to shuffle in the next best thing. Will he rise up to the expectations of his newfound flock? He'd better, and quickly, for the tyrant god's inquisition is out to get him and the 1000 'blasphemers' involved in his summoning. With a nation to build and an evil tyrant god to fight, never has there been a taller order to fill. But it's alright, he's a dark demonic overlord, right? He quickly finds that with some smokes and mirrors and the help of 1000 very magical ponies, anyone can look the part, even an entirely magic-inert pizza delivery dude.


Now a long-haul fic! Many thanks to everyone who convinced me to make this a reality!

Many many thanks to the Editing team, Dumbgamer99, Not A Hat, and Brad The Brony. Be sure to thank them by checking out their pages!

Our lovable number one overdude assistant, Crystal Heart, now has a musical theme, aptly titled 'Dual Core A.I.', kindly provided by AdmiralTigerclaw! Epic now comes in an entirely new flavour! Many thanks!

Somebody kindly messaged me and told me I should announce here that the story was featured from 27 - 30th of April. I completely missed that but many thanks for making that possible, everyone!

Cover Art: Placeholder drawn by me. Will be a background for a full cover at some point.

Chapters (12)
Comments ( 938 )

Hmm, your writer name seems to be Pen Mighter, may I recommend:Mighty Pen, Magnificiant Quil, Hexed Pen?

Also; Alt title: A Thousand Virgin Mares Scream His Name.

You need to write another chapter of this you nerd.

Wait, what? Its complete? This looked like the beginning to a great story.... please don't tell me its a one shot....

Oh gosh, this was one lotastic story!
It really do deserves continuation, so, write a sequel!
I'm curious about how Overdude could handle the repopulating problem, all by himself! xD

-Zeph

this can't be complete this has the potential to be one of the most awesome stories ever written you seriously need to continue this

This setup reminds me a lot of the manga Shina Dark, actually. An evil overlord who's actually a nice guy, gets a whole bunch of women as "sacrifices" and turns them into a nation, the so-called good guys are almost all pricks, his subjects are way more competent than him... as far as the external plot goes, the resemblance is pretty strong. Which is a good thing, since I really liked Shina Dark and I definitely like this story. Though I'd like it even more if it wasn't a one-shot...

4299049

Son of a bitch, that actually sounds very interesting. I guess the biggest problem will be getting more Stallions. Although I suppose if they can do genderswap spells, It could work long enough for some actual stallions to straggle in. Although I'm interested in seeing what Sunset Shimmer becomes now that she has the biggest crisis of faith.

Well, I'm sold. I vote for a continuation. Looking forward to more.
Keep up the good work. Deus tecum.

this was bad@ss and i loved every moment of it. i think it needs a sequel!

4299466

In Shina Dark they brought over the families and loved ones of the "sacrifices" to round out the population and then (because the Demon King is a lazy sod who avoids responsibility like the plague) set up a diarchy with two princesses (this sounds familiar for some reason) who were sacrificed by their home countries for political reasons. Guess that could work here. It would take some doing, of course, what with them being slaves, but that just adds to the fun.

4299049
oh you beat me too it, I really liked that manga too. So sad it's gone

That most certainly got my attention.

Giggity. :moustache:

It looks like I found a dream worth rolling with.

Agreed, certainly a dream worth continuing. :raritywink:

"Omigoshomigoshomigosh tt's a humaaaan!"

...Lyra? Shit dude, this just became a nightmare! :twilightoops:

"O'lord, you have chosen a form most unsightly, hideous and repulsive!"

Ouch. :fluttershyouch:

"I am Starswirl the Bearded the 12.5th, your most humble and loyal servant, o'lord."

...What?

"Where are the 1000 virgins?" I asked, shamelessly.

Giggity giggity goo.

I must be moving from the ice cream phase to the nacho phase of my dream cycle.

:rainbowlaugh:

Now that you are here and I have awoken proper I shall initiate the Empire's post-disaster revitalization protocol.

What is she? An Vault-Tec AI? :duck:

"Alright, throw her into the....corner."

The humiliation is great with this one. :rainbowwild:

"Primary shields online, Master"

No really, is the Crystal Empire a giant Vault-Tec facility? :rainbowhuh:

Pretty enjoyable, though there's the pony wank, but as a non-serious story wank is irrelevant. :rainbowwild:

Also where's my Octavia? This needs more Octavia. :trixieshiftleft:

And Witch Doctors. :pinkiecrazy:

I was laughing myself silly while Reading this, THANK YOU!!!
Oh, and i can't wait for the next chapter!!

You should make this a legitimate saga. I'd definitely read it.

what?

What?

No, really, what? xD

I really liked this, it was really funny! What else can I say?

Man, this is a tough one. On one hand, this actually works quite well as a oneshot. On the other...the fact that it's a oneshot is so frustrating because this very well could be turned into a four or five chapter story (if each chapter was 10k to 15k words long), and turned into one quite easily.

More of this. Do it!
Well written and different than most.

Make more of this I implore you!

Dear Gods, PLEASE continue this glorious thing!

YOU PLEASE ME WITH YOUR AWESOMENESS!!!

to keep the inquisition at bay

I can't help but think of these guys whenever I see that word...
stream1.gifsoup.com/view/476854/spanish-inquisition-o.gif

This, was fun. Seriously, I had a great time reading it, and would be very happy if you wrote more. Is making the featured box 'enough interest' for you to continue it?

Wait, what at happened to sunset?:rainbowhuh: rrrrmm I really want this to continue but it's so good as it is as well, we have so many HiE stories but so few with such differing and high potential settings. I feel so conflicted!:raritydespair:

Oh to heck with it, PLEASE MAKE THIS A SAGA!:yay:

By the gods . . . .
Moar . . . MOAR!

lord of the dance

Do I detect a Buffy reference? Also really hope you continue this.

More... MORE!... MORE!!! we MUST HAVE MORE!!!!! *Lightning flashes in background.*

The people have spoken. If you think you can add more chapters, do so.

More, more, more, more, MORE! This has SO much potential!!!

dude, this totally needs to be continued!

Well, you got featured and you seem to be steadily getting Favorites and Likes. I think you should continue this. :pinkiecrazy:

Please continue it!:raritydespair:
This is just as addicting as Hail to the King.

Please continue this for great justice your great dudeship so that your bodaciousness might light our path once more.:applecry:

This is awesome. Keep going.

I know you said one-shot, but moar? Please? Pretty please?

I have yet to read the story, but i just gotta say, that when i read the title i almost immediately Noped. then i decided to read the summary out of morbid curiosity, and i don't think I've ever clicked a title faster. I am intrigued, and i hope the story doesn't disappoint.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, i must admit that was pretty enjoyable, thank you for the smile ^^

This was nothing short of beautiful. Please give us MOAR! :flutterrage:

After a good night's sleep I Actually started considering continuing this if there's enough interest.

...I think you should start writing.

?........WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS COMPLETE! This is the prologue weres the rest of the story! This cant be just it.

To quote the shapeshifting master of darkness: EPIC!

I tend to ignore HiE, but I actually find myself hoping you do continue this.

Please keep writing!

I read this guy's lines in Alucard's voice. The one from the abridged version of Hellsing. Quite fitting ain't it.:pinkiecrazy:

This reminded me of the Manga, Shina Dark, where the Dark Lord just wants to sleep and have peace, but all the nations believe he is evil, and thus give him a thousand sacrificial women because of a joke book someone wrote years ago.
Here's a link to the manga, it's pretty good.

Login or register to comment