• Published 6th May 2014
  • 485 Views, 18 Comments

That Crushed Feeling - MittenPatty



Honey Dill falls for the stallion of her dreams, but things get complicated when her best friend crushes on him too.

  • ...
2
 18
 485

Till next time...

December 20

I held Babs Seed as she wept in my shoulder, her body shuddering each time she let out a sob. I clutched her in my arms, assuring her it would be okay, that it could still work out. She would always shake her head violently and cry harder.

"Babs, listen to me." I cooed softly, stroking her mane. "I'm sure Silver thought it would do good for your relationship with him." Babs choked and wiped her tear-stained cheeks. She looked up at me and whimpered, before collapsing onto my shoulder sobbing loudly again. I groaned. It's kinda hard to calm someone from the Apple family down. I know from experience during an incident with Applebloom.

I continued to comfort my friend, watching the seconds tick by on the bathroom clock. I'm going to be late for Language Arts. I sighed and started to rub her back. Oh, well. hopefully Mrs. Cheerilee won't mind.

Finally, she had calmed down enough so we could talk. Babs sniffed and wiped the tears from her eyes. I took a deep breath. I have to take things slow...

"Okay. Explain to me what she did, exactly." I wanted to get some background on the situation before jumping in head-on. Babs brushed her mane out of her face and raised her eyes to mine. She inhaled and exhaled before speaking.

"W-well, I was looking for him in the locker bay so I could ask him to go buy a cookie with me." I tensed up a bit at that. I'm not trying to be over-protective over Pop Rock, but it's kinda hard considering he could be manipulated into liking somepony else. That is, if he likes me back. I nodded and motioned for her to continue.

"I couldn't find him, so I asked Silver Spoon for help." Babs shuffled her hooves. I figured she felt guilty for trusting her former friend. I couldn't blame her.

"She agreed and said she would look for him too," she hung her head. "Apparently she found him, and told him I had a crush on him." I cocked my head in confusion.

"Um,why is that so bad?" I asked with concern. Babs whipped her head back up and stared me in the eyes.

"Because he said he didn't like me!" she wailed and buried her face in her hooves. "Now he probably hates me!" I just sat there and watched her cry, unsure whether to feel excited I still had a chance with him, or angry he turned my best friend down. I guess I felt a little bit of both. I scooted closer and put my arm around her, pulling her close. She returned the embrace and wept softly into my fur. I was already fifteen minutes past the bell, but I knew something like this was serious. To a girl, at least. We sat together on the tiled floor of the girl's bathroom, a million thoughts buzzing through my head. And one of them, became a plan...

*********************************************************************************

I sat by the lunchroom doors, waiting for them to arrive. Not my friends, no they were already inside. I was expecting a purple unicorn, and a brown Earth-pony. I was going to get them to make up. I hated seeing my buddies let-down and upset, partly because I was the one who had to comfort them. But I still felt a bit guilty for this whole ideal.

I spotted Babs sulking slowly down the hall, making her way towards the cafeteria. I waved my arms frantically, trying to get her attention. It worked. She walked over and plopped next to me with a sigh.

"Why are we sitting here?" she asked glumly. I smiled.

"You'll see." I turned my attention back to the hallway, and heard a groan behind me.

"Come on, I'm hungry!" Babs complained, shaking her lunch-bag. I held a hoof to her mouth.

"Shh." I had to pin-point the stallion I was looking for, which meant I couldn't be interrupted. Babs got up grumbling.

"Fine, I'm just going to go to the bathroom." She trotted down the hall to the girls', leaving me alone. I shrugged and kept my eyes on the approaching crowd.

I located him chatting with Feather Weight, walking towards the lunch room.

"Pop Rock!" I called him over, waving my arms frantically. I saw him say something to Feather, before trotting up to me. He sat down, looking at me in confusion.

"Yeah?" I blushed. Oh my gosh, I'm talking to him outside of class! With a squee, I smiled sheepishly.

"Um, just wait here for a second." We sat in silence, watching as other students passed through the doors to the cafeteria. Finally, after what seemed like hours, Babs emerged from the bathroom. She hadn't noticed Pop Rock was sitting next me until she brushed her mane from her eyes. When she caught sight of him she froze, pupils dilating. Babs was petrified from embarrassment and shock, her face glowing red. Pop Rock was staring at her too, but had a slightly lighter tint of pink on his cheeks. I sat there, feeling completely awkward.

"W-well, I'd better go.." He got up and turned to leave. I grabbed his ankle without thinking, causing him to jump.

"No! Wait!" I gently let go of him, and he sat back down without a word. I nodded in satisfaction, and let out a sigh. I clicked my tongue and signaled for Babs to join us with a flick of my wrist. She didn't move, her legs trembling. I turned to her.

"Babs, come and sit down." I ordered softly. She hesitantly shuffled closer and plopped next to me. Great, they're both here. Now what do I do?

"Um, I know-" I gulped. What do I say? "I know this must be super awkward for both of you, but-" I grabbed each of their arms.

"You guys can still be friends, right?" They looked at one another, both blushing profusely. I continued.

"I mean, it's not like you have to pretend you don't know each other." My heart raced in anxiety an hope.

"Just because it doesn't work now, doesn't mean it won't later." I smiled. "So maybe we can just put this behind us, and start over?" I waited for a response, focusing at each of their expressions. Pop Rock grinned, and got up. My eyes widened, less so than Babs.

"Yeah," He held out a hoof to me. "We can totally be friends." He helped me up, then did the same with Babs. She stared at him, dumbfounded.

"R-really?" She stammered. Pop Rock chuckled.

"Of course!" I let out a sigh of relief. Friends. I don't care about dating, or even the fact I like him. We're friends, and that's all that matters.

We walked as a group into the lunchroom, chatting as if we had known each other for a lifetime. That was fine with me. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Author's Note:

That's the end! I hope you enjoyed my fic.
I said in one of my blog posts my new story Revolution would be released after this, but it's still under construction.
Sneak peaks will be coming out for it though, so don't worry.
I'm super excited for it!!!

Comments ( 3 )

Did you draw the cover art?
If so, your amazing!
If you didnt,
Your still amazing!

4463390
I did draw the cover art, and THANK YOU!! :rainbowkiss:
I drew it on Paint, but I'm using Photoshop now. If you want, check out my user page. It has a bunch of other art I did. :yay:

I love this story...but...the ending....the ending feels a bit....rushed... :applejackunsure:

Login or register to comment