• Published 20th Apr 2012
  • 3,708 Views, 104 Comments

Pony Split - Ark125



When a teen is transported to Equestria, he will discover that he is altered when ever he feels extreme emotions. Can he and Luna figure out

  • ...
14
 104
 3,708

The Game

Pony Split

Chapter 30 - The Game

We came out on some kind of deserted plane. It was all flat and dusty, no signs of life at all. I wonder if I'm back home?

"Where are we?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Wait is that Princess Luna and Pure Heart?" Twilight shaded her eyes and looked in our direction.

"Yes, and I see Princess Celestia as well." Said Fluttershy looking in the opposite direction.

"Girls! It's great to see you and all, but I don't think this is the best time for a reunion." Tia said as she began to walk toward them. We also began walking in their direction. But before we got close to even greet them properly, walls shot out of the ground, followed by a ceiling covering the top, effectively separating us.

"Luna!"

"I'm fine. What about everypony else?"

"Good."

"Fine."

"Couldn't be better."

"Ah, filth!" I rolled my eyes at Rarity's reaction.

"Present."

"Presents! Where!"

"Eeep!"

"Great. So what happened?" I asked.

"Hmm. It appears to be something like Discord's maze." Luna said. "Though with stone walls instead of hedges."

"I believe you are right Princess Luna. Though this one feels a little different than last time." Twilight speculated.

"Ah, good observation my dear." Discord's voice seemed to permeate from the walls.

"Yes, though the difference you sense is quite simple to explain." Nightmare Moon's came from the ceiling.

Then Ark's voice sounded from the ground. "The difference you feel is the sense of your impending doom!"

The halls echoed with their combined evil laughter.

"Now then, let's explain what is happening. You are all in my nether realm for a game."

"Oooo! I just love, love, LOVE games! Oh, what is it? Pin the tail on the pony? Twister? Oh, I hope it's Duck, Duck, Michael Jackson!"

The other elements gave her a strange look.

"What?"

"No, you ridiculous pink puff! It's called 'You Lose'!" Ark said.

"Well, that doesn't sound nearly as much fun. I was ready to go all: uh, uh, uh, Tee-Hee!"

"Will somepony please shut her up?" Nightmare said.

"Mgphfudh trghrf!" Pinkie muffled through the zipper that was now in place of her mouth.

"Thank you Discord. Now, onto what happens in this game."

"I JUST LOST THE GAME!" Celestia screamed.

I facehoofed.

"Frickin' frickity frick! Tia, you troll! I had almost gone 6 months without losing it!" I screamed.

"Sorry!"

"...Anyways, so each group will end up facing a counterpart or other force. You will all proceed down your respective hallways. Once entering, all magic and flying will be negated, so don't even try. You will be forced to fight or wander aimlessly through a uncomprehendingly difficult maze, depending on who you are. When you face your challenges, your abilities will be given back for it. The rest is pretty much self explanatory. On that note, let the game begin."

"Man this feels a lot like Saw." I mused as I began.


Celestia's POV

I began walking down the corridor. The architecture kind of just screamed 'mineshaft'. There was moss on the walls, not fresh moss, but old, shriveled, gray-green moss.

"Note to self: NEVER hire Discord as interior designer." I mused out loud.

"Shut up! I wanted it to feel like an ancient temple!" Said the ceiling. "Just for that snide comment, you will be the first to feel pain!"

I heard him snap his fingers, then there was growling coming from behind me. "Unleash the hounds!" A trumpet sounded, and my eyes widened as I saw a rather large group of timber wolves coming up behind me.

As they came closer, I tried to use my magic, only to find that Ark was not bluffing about negating our powers. So I used my long, sexy legs to run.

When I looked back, I realized what was different between these and normal timber wolves. They were much faster! They were actually starting to catch up to me.

In fear, I ran faster down that hallway. That is when I saw a light!

"Great! A way out!" I ran full speed towards the light. "Hooray!" I began my victory dance, only to discover that it wasn't sunlight. I was just inside a large cavern. No, the light came from below this mysterious platform from which I stood on.

I looked over the edge to see what was giving off the orange, warm light. What I saw was a vast lake of molten lava illuminating the room from below. "Yep, that is definitely lava." I said as I watched the magma slowly bubble and pop.

I looked back at where I had come from and saw the timber wolves just coming through the entrance.

"Ladies and gentlecolts! Welcome to the Magma Bowl! The home team, the T.O.M. Mutants versus the challenger. Weighing in at... Holy crab cakes! The super pudgy. Princess Celestia!" All of this reverberated from a giant crystal that was embedded in the ceiling of the cav... Wait a minute!

"You jerk! How dare you mock my figure!"

"Hey, I'm just reading what Nightmare gave me... Fatty."

"I will freakin' kill you!"

"Oh. Vain pony is vain. Not if they dispatch you first!"

I sneered, "You just pissed off the wrong princess!" As the timber wolves closed in, I immediately began to whisk them off the platform. Each one howling as they fell, then whimpering as they hit the lava, finally hissing as the wood of which they were made of burned and sizzled in the magma.

"Burn, BURN! Heh, heh!"


Discord's POV

"Holy cow! She has gone mad with power! What do we do?"

Ark paused and said, "Let Skellet out. He needs the exercise."

"Oh, duh!" Discord facepalmed and pressed a button.


Celestia's POV

I was just finishing off the last of the timber wolves when I felt something staring at me.

I turned and looked over the edge of the pit. I saw a pair of red eyes staring at me. I blinked, and they blinked back. I blinked again and two more pairs of eyes joined the first pair and began to rise out of the lava.

"Ah, crap."