• Published 2nd Jun 2015
  • 5,148 Views, 193 Comments

The great Laharl - The tale of a displaced Overlord - Hoppa_21



I am Laharl and I am stuck in a museum in Canterlot…as a statue. Fully conscious to endure the mockery of these pony abominations. But I’m not imprisoned anymore. I managed to break out and the two sisters will soon pay for their foolishness!

  • ...
35
 193
 5,148

Sleepover With A Demon - Part 1

Author's Note:

Here it is. I divided the chapter, since I didn't want to make you wait more than needed. But let's say it slowly starts. Laharl will get stronger in the next chapters and there will be a turning point in his relationship with Sweetie Belle.

Like always is critic welcome! :twilightsmile:

Special Thanks goes to Texus for reading this chapter beforehand. :pinkiesmile:

Marshmallow and her friends were ecstatic. I myself not that much. While they wanted to run straight out, Rarity had to remind them of my predicament. I needed a disguise.

My so called fiancé (not going to happen) was showing me some clothes of her. Going on about how THIS would FIT my scarf.

It was pink.

And frilly.

My scarf wasn’t pink.

Nor frilly.

It was a color between red and violet, but not pink. Pink is just a brighter version of red. You wouldn’t believe how long I took to teach her that! And the bowgirl didn’t make it any easier, since she was backing up the marshmallow. But at least they ceased their nonsense and complied, even if they probably only did it to end the discussion. Chicken almost begged them to stop it. She was an impatient one. Unfortunately this left the cloth question unanswered and we were back to square one.

Rarity was meanwhile giving advice to the featherbrain. Talking about things like, separating me from Sweetie during the night. Of course I didn’t object to that. I was inferior to her. You wouldn’t believe how much it hurts to actually say that. I needed to gain levels fast to get the upper hand in this predicament AND to get my title back. Don’t get me wrong, many would love to possess the title ‘Demon Prince’, but Overlord held a lot more power. It was the undisputed sovereignty over all demons in the Netherworld! Sure, this wasn’t the Netherworld, but this world has still demons in it, so there goes that.

After a while we at least found some ‘colt clothes’. Don’t ask me why it took so long. She somehow seems more prone to create girly clothes. Heck, you would think they don’t have any males around here! But back to the clothes. It was a simple combination of a jacket with the predominant color blue and some other white lines. The same for the trousers, only reversed colors when it came to the predominant one. Rarity wanted to give me a fitting scarf, but I refused. I would only take one scarf. I couldn’t care less, if it didn’t fit as well as another one. I was more one for practical things, so I naturally concentrated on that, instead of fashion, much to Rarity’s dismay.

I wrapped the scarf around my head and the only thing that was left to cover were my hands. White gloves were found pretty fast and so the attire was completed.

Despite my bad situation I could maybe start to review my situation. Or more like my position. I needed to know where I was and where my enemies were. I had to avoid them in this point of time. Couldn’t really fight them with a pot and a kitchen knife now, could I? I had to level up first, but this would take time without the right equipment. That left only another option that would be faster.

Finding my ally.

Problem was, that they would probably keep him well protected. Or at least I thought of it like that. Ponies can be pretty stupid sometimes. I was kept in a museum. Yet another problem. They are stupid, but not THAT stupid. I give them a week until they notice I’m missing.

So what to do now?

Chances of being captured were quite high at the moment and I had at the moment two options. Problem was that I couldn’t do much for my ally without information, but what I could do was level up. So that one was a priority. I needed to defend myself, at least against guards. I could still search for information as a sideline. But in any case, I need to keep a low profile. The royal butts will search for me, and I can’t let them find me just now.

Slowly things seemed to be settled around the boutique. Can’t believe I didn’t recognize it was one earlier. However, it could come in handy for disguises. It already did with the few clothes they provided for me. Featherbrain said her goodbyes to Rarity and we went out of the boutique.

I looked around, soaking in everything I saw. Thatch rooftops everywhere! If I didn’t know any better I would think that they really want their houses burnt down! Also they looked quite boring. Rarity’s strange boutique at least looked unique, even if it also looked quite ridiculous, like a circus tent. But hey, I probably wouldn’t find my way back to it, if it was like all the other buildings. I could only see a few buildings that weren’t looking like the rest. I really want to kill the architect who designed most of the houses at this point.

One of the unique buildings I could see in the middle of the city seemed like it was made out of sweets, which spiked my curiosity, but I had to keep a low profile, so scouting was something I wanted to avoid at every cost.

I had to follow these ponies around for now.

I was brought out of my thoughts by the call of my alias. You know, the obnoxious one that marshmallow gave me?

“What is it?” I asked slightly annoyed.

“Why don’t you walk with us, instead of behind us?” asked the marshmallow.

She was the only pony in the group who didn’t want to keep me at a distance. The others were content to stay out of my way. Especially the featherbrain seemed still cautious of me. Not a bad thing. I could let her cower with a simple glare and a few harsh words. That was a lot better than Rarity with her freaky magic. It was a plus. But let’s get back to answering the marshmallows question.

“Safety distance.” Yep. I was still cautious of her. Not really a surprise. Of course I want to investigate her, but I want to do that from a safe distance. She is way too clingy for my taste.

However, my answer didn’t seem to sooth her, and she decided curtly to drag me along so that I walked beside them.

I decided to play along for now. There were other things that I was worried about.

The path we walked on was at the outskirts of town, so that we didn’t get much attention, but I still had the feeling I was being watched. Demon hearing can come in handy. As long as I’m not completely distracted not a single pony would get near m-

And suddenly my world was engulfed in pink. I didn’t know how it happened. I didn’t see or hear it coming. It was like a nightmare creature out of my worst nightmares. (The worst nightmares of a demon consist out of cutesy and tacky things. And what could be tackier than…this.)

“Hello! My name is Pinkie Pie and I know everypony in Ponyville! I haven’t seen you here before! Duh! That’s kind of given! I mean my Pinkie Sense was tingling! Not tingling like a lemonade would! That would just be silly! It is more like a tingling sensation through my whole body! Then it tingles like that it means that there is an interesting new non-pony in Ponyville! The new pony tingling is more like a tingling in my tummy. But I sometimes misjudge my growling stomach for a tingle that usually ends up with me wanting to throw a party for a pony that doesn’t even exist! But my friends like to party and since everypony is my friend whole Ponyville usually parties with me regardless! You look funny! Your head is wrapped up like a mummy! Are you preparing your costume for nightmare night? I love nightmare night! All the sweets are so yummy! But you will get a lot of sweets too, if I throw a party just for you! Right now you must feel sooo lonely, since you are new in town! But don’t you worry your mummylike little head! Aunty Pinkie is going to help you make frie-“

Her flow of speech was thankfully interrupted by an orange hand. I, by the end of that sentence, had my head trapped in a pink embrace, completely pressed against her generous assets. She just shamefully used my weakness against me, and my face turned slightly red. She used my immobility to playfully rub my head with her free hand.

How dare she!

Personally I couldn’t get much of her obnoxious blabbering. She was speaking fast and didn’t seem to think about things like breathing at all or at least I didn’t see her breathe. But this was not what disturbed me. The chest hugging didn’t…ok it did, but that was the normal kind of disturbing. The one I mean is the strange kind. It was how she got so close to me. I had jumped as she suddenly appeared out of thin air, and who could blame me. Not the greatest assassins could get near me!

An image of a girl flashed before my mind.

Better not think about it…

I was freed by the marshmallow, since the other two didn’t deem it necessary to help me. Xenophobic jerks.

First thing I did after I was free was bringing some distance between me and the pink demon, who was trying to defeat me with my secret weakness. No, not a demon, even though you could think her unnatural abilities could have something to do with it. But I will better keep an eye on her. Maybe she has demon ancestors?

I then turned my attention back to the pink pony. The three foals are currently trying to persuade the pink pony to postpone any party ideas. Saying things like I’m shy and that I wouldn’t want to meet a huge crowd.

“Duh! How can he make friends, if he doesn’t meet anypony!” was her simple, as well as cheery response. Cheery enough that I wanted to throw up, but I showed enough self-control to relent from such a notion.

It took them some convincing, but in the end they could postpone the…party. I still have no ideas why this thing would want to throw a party anyway. And since they think I’m a foal, there will be no booze anyway. The lord knows, booze would be the only reason I would agree to such a thing. It probably was also the only thing that could help me endure her preposterous chatter.

And hugs.

Or not. I’m not sure at this moment if I can drink enough booze to endure the latter.

They soon said their goodbyes with promises of making plans for a customized party for me.

As we were walking along the road, I could only form one response to this.

“What’s up with her?”

The chicken was quick to respond. “That’s just Pinkie being Pinkie. She throws a party for every new pony here in Ponyville.”

“But we managed to take care of it. So no need to worry!” blurted marshmallow. Ever the enthusiast.

“No, Sweetie. This is a problem. It’s just postponed, not cancelled. And that is not the only problem. Ponies might question his clothing, and didn’t you say that Rarity wants ta press him ta reveal himself sooner or later. The shy excuse, as well as the ‘He doesn’t want to get stared at and judged by his looks, like he has before’ excuse won’t always work on her or everypony else fer that matter. What do ya plan then?”

“We will cross that bridge ones we get to it.”

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo blinked in response, clearly not satisfied with the answer. But any argument came to a halt, as our, dare I say it, caretaker spoke up.

“Um, girls…and Charming. We are here,” said the timid pegasus as she opened the door to her cottage. There were quite some animals and birdhouses and the cottage seemed to be rather distanced from the little town, as well as near to a forest. This would definitely be an advantage. I could start my training tonight and level up in no time!

We just made our way inside, as the three fillies run left and right, inspecting the home with excitement and bombarding seemingly nobody with questions. I just shook my head.

Brats.

Featherbrain seemed to be a little nervous. Muttering something about everything is going to be fine. I doubt that she could even convince herself with that weak act. Not that I cared. I just shrugged at her behaviour. It was her problem after all, not mine.

“So, girls. What should we do?”

“I’m gonna get my mark first!” replies the chicken.

“No, I!” replied marshmallow before walking my way and nuzzling my shoulder affectionately. “Isn’t that right, sweetheart?”

I could only shudder in response.

“Eww!” I heard the other two say in unison and I could only agree with them.

“Take a room, you two!”

If looks could kill... Let’s just say, that I glared at the chicken with all my might, which resulted in a slight red glow of my eyes.

“You got a problem, chicken?”

“Do you, demon spawn?”

“You really got some guts. Either that or you are even more stupid, than I thought you are.” I slowly mulled this over. “Probably the latter.”

She just scoffed. “I wiped the floor with you the last time. Don’t forget that!”

We looked into each other’s eyes defiantly, as sparks slowly flew between us. That was probably a magical effect of my SP (special points, which I use for magic and combat moves), combined with her inherent pegasus magic. I was never a magic scholar, so that’s the best guess I have. Heck, for all I know this could be just a stupid cartoon effect and we are nothing more than mere pawns of a higher being, getting played to amuse an audience. Kind of a ridiculous thought to be honest. I think I will take the first explanation.

The tension slowly dissipated as soon as marshmallow got between us. She advised her friend to go through the plans for the evening, and that she did, albeit grudgingly.

With our gazes averted, so was the crisis.

I then calmed myself slightly. There wouldn’t be anything to gain from losing control now. I had her on my list and will have my revenge just the next day. All I need to do is gather some Mana tonight.

My gaze then went to the marshmallow, who had a hopeful look on her face.

“Just do what you came here for,” I said slightly annoyed, hoping that they would go to bed soon, so that I could start my training.

“Oh, we will for the night! But more importantly now, aren’t you going to join us?”

“I don’t even know what you are doing.”

“We are finding our cutie marks, of course! And maybe you can get one too, so you should join us!”

“What the he-

I felt a sudden sting in my head, as I clutched it in my hands.

What the hell is a cutie mark?

*GASP* You don’t know what a cutie mark is? said a small green colt shocked.

Do I look like a pony to you? I answered sarcastically, as I crossed my arms.

Good point. So to explain it short, a cutie mark is a mark, which you get, when you find your special talent! The mark will then appear on your flank!

I snorted. A rather strange spot for a mark, since the flank is always covered. Don’t you think?

The colt rubbed the back of his head slightly embarrassed. Well, that is the reason we stitch our cutie marks on our clothes. Would be really embarrassing to run around completely nude.

I snorted. Sounds stupid to me. Is this mark really worth getting turned to stone?

Hey! I was perfectly fine back there!

So you call your back to a rock face, while cornered by a cockatrice fine then? If it was not for me the cockatrice would have stoned your sorry hide.

The colt just glared at me, before changing the topic. Where is it anyway? You just said something about a pocket dimension and then it vanished…

This is my concern, not yours.

Fine! Be that way then! the colt pouted as he turned his back to me. I’m sure she would find it adorably cute and let out an earth-splitting squee, if she were here. I kind of miss her. I sighed. She probably would reprimand me right now, the moralizer. I could already hear her start the lecturing me about how I should behave and be friendly…

Whatever. Might at least try it. If not for the ponies, then for her.

Hey, colt. What’s your name anyway?

The colt turned around seeming slightly surprised by my response, but started smiling nonetheless.

My name i-

“Charming? Are you feeling alright?” asked the concerned voice of the marshmallow, which brought me out of my reverie.

“I’m fine! Just a headache. Go and do your thing. I will sit down for a bit.”

The concern in her eyes didn’t falter, but in the end she relented. “If you say so. I guess we will start our crusading without you...” She seemed pretty downcast at that, as she sighed disappointedly. “Just rest for now, ok?”

I nodded and she then joined her other two friends, who were already waving her over. After that I slumped down on the couch in the living room and started to unwrap the scarf from my head.

Featherbrain then approached me. “I could give you medicine against your headache, um, if that is ok with you.”

I just shook my head at her and gazed over at the three troublemakers. “Don’t you think you should have your eyes on them instead?”

The pegasus quickly left me, after sparing a glance at them and seeing that they were indeed up to nothing good. She tried to calm the minds of these three hyperactive ponies, but failed miserably. They talked about what they could do for the night, but I didn’t pay any attention to them. I was thinking back to the memory flash I just had.

I sighed. These memories. My memories. I had to realize something. They are a mess, since I was an eternity in stone. I knew a few things about my past, but miss most details and probably even some major points. It all seemed like there was a huge jumble in my head. A salad out of information, twirled together, not sorted, like it was supposed to be. Just as if sunbutt thought it might be funny to use a mixer on my brain. I could only hope that it would get sorted out over time. And even though I don’t want to admit it… Even though I want to brush it off as a small nuisance, it is still more. It feels like my identity lies in shatters and it bothers me greatly. Of course I try to keep it to myself. I can’t show any weakness to the ponies. I have to pull through with this.

Alone.

Who needs friends anyways? There are only allies and enemies in this world. Nothing more. No one can be trusted and that is why I have to level up fast.

Suddenly I felt a tap against my leg. I looked down to see the culprit, who dared to tear me out of my thoughts. It was a white little bunny, looking quite displeased.

I just snorted and ignored it. Best thing was to ignore such weird animals. It is kind of creepy, that some of them seem to be as smart as a pony. Really can ruin my appetite and besides I’m not going to have a talk or discussion with my food! Freaked me out when I found out cows could talk! Point twelve on my hate list by the way. Cows don’t freaking talk. They are meant to be grinded into burgers! I mean, how can you eat food, if it whines and begs for his life? You can’t is the simple answer. I’m glad that bunnies and chickens couldn’t talk (with the exception of the orange one). That would have totally ruined my diet.

I felt another tap and looked down. The bunny seemed quite persistent and motioned for me to get off the couch.

Creepy.

But in the end I scoffed at him. I mean, as an Overlord I’m of course not giving up this couch to a bunny. Neither is it necessary for me to form an oral response to a bunny. You know, because bunny. You can’t really have a conversation with it. At least not if you want to keep your dignity. Just picture it, treating a small fluffy bunny as an equal? That is unheard of! Or at least where I came from.

Tap, tap, tap. This was slowly getting annoying. Tap, tap, tap. Ok, VERY annoying. Tap, tap, tap.

I clenched my scarf into a fist with my will power, that’s how annoyed I was. Tap, tap, tap.

And then I leaned over to the bunny and used my hand to tip him on the chest. “Fuck.” Tip. “Off!” Tip.

…and bite.

That’s what the little bugger did as retort. I clenched my teeth and quickly pulled my finger back. He didn't drew any blood, but that didn't matter to me at that point.

“You little piece of…You know what? You want to do this the hard way, fine, let’s do this the hard way!” I said, as I grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and took him to an adjourned room. If he wants a fight, when he shall get one!

Once far enough away from the others, I activated my magic and the battlefield was readied. The little bugger looked a little nervous as I approached him. I just grinned at him. He wanted a fight, so he got one. Winner gets the couch. Simple as that.

I used a simple ‘Hurricane Slash’. Suffice to say that I won against the level 1 bunny.

Seriously though, I wouldn’t have survived another critical hit against my pride. It was already near the bottom. EXP were meager by the way and therefore weren’t enough for me to level up. But I at least was close to a level up because of it. So I certainly won’t complain.

As I gazed down at the unconscious form of the bunny I felt invigorated and quite a lot stronger, even though I was not. Winning a fight did seem to do me some good. It lifted my spirit from the events of the past day, or how long it was since I freed myself. And tonight I would definitely gain some levels in the forest. It wouldn’t be long until I subdued the marshmallow, claim back my title and then kick some more flank!

*Grumble*

But first things first. I needed some dinner, but no salad or other rabbit food. I needed something more…appropriate to my diet. Something more…

My gaze then fell back to the bunny.

There are so many animals in here. Featherbrain probably won’t miss one single bunny. I know I wouldn’t.