• Published 11th Nov 2015
  • 2,118 Views, 31 Comments

Vessel of Harmony - Ranoa- Walker of Worlds



A mysterious intruder in the vault, and a child chosen by destiny in another world. Now the fate of two worlds are tied together by a gutsy ninja.

  • ...
5
 31
 2,118

What Might Be

It was the day after Naruto’s magical outburst and Twilight was doing the only thing that she could think of doing, staying by the boy’s bedside. She had begged the Hokage to stay by Naruto’s side. Apparently she could still muster the cutie eyes and made the man crack against his better judgement.

There was just something about this boy. It was more than just the presence of the Harmonic forces that drew her to the colt, boy. Despite all the hardships that he had gone through in his short life he still had a warm glow like Celestia’s sun and radiated a peaceful aura like Luna’s moon.

Hiruzen was currently meeting with the village’s council to discuss what would happen now. Twilight didn’t understand why the entire village leadership had to meet to discuss the fate of one child. Perhaps the village laws required a meeting when it came to orphans? Twilight had explained about magic to the Hokage and the event that had happened. She even made a case to become Naruto’s magical mentor.

She knew that she couldn’t just leave Naruto. He had too much untrained power within him. She gathered that the warriors of this world were able to muster a power of their own and they could probably figure out how to teach him; but this was a power that came from Equestria. There was no way in good conscience that she could leave him to stumble through when she could readily teach him how to be as powerful as Starswirl the Bearded.

‘But what about home?’ Came the reoccurring thought.

She didn’t know how to get home, even if she could. She should make some attempt to make it home. Again the thought came,

‘What about Naruto?’

“Oh, I don’t know what to do.”

“Maerd fo sgniht taht thgim eb.” An unknown voice came from behind Twilight. Before she could gather her wits to turn around her eye lids felt very heavy. She laid down on the hospital floor and shut her eyes. Behind her the stranger in the mask stood there. Nodding in satisfaction he approached the sleeping pony and touched the tip of her horn,

“Remember this word, Transverse!”

With a small blink of light the man was gone.

Twilight walked the halls of her castle outside Ponyville. She was on her way to see how her most prized student was fairing. She opened the doors to the practice room to a sight that made her beam with pride. The boy had his hands extended out in front of him, concentrating on a weighted block and had successfully levitated three feet above the ground.

“Well done Naruto.” Twilight praised. At hearing her voice the boy dropped the weight and ran to embrace her in an enthusiastic hug.

“I did it mama! I did it! Did you see how high it was?” Twilight chuckled at her boy’s happy demeanor.

“Of course I saw it Naruto. I would say that you are ready for the next set of spells. But what do you say we go grab a treat at Sugercube Corner to celebrate?”

“Ya!”

It was the middle of the night when a gentle knocking sound came from Twilight’s chamber door.

“Come in,” The door open to reveal a pajama clad Naruto holding onto his little toy alicorn.

“Mama, I… I had a bad dream again.” Maternal sympathy swept through Twilight and she gestured to the spot on the bed beside her,

“Don’t worry my little ninja. I’ll protect you.” Naruto smiled a little and climbed into the bed next to his pony mother. She held him close to her and kissed his head.

“Good night Naruto.”

“Good night mama.”

The scene changed to be in front of a building that must have been in the Hidden Leaf Village. There were many young children listening to the Hokage welcome them to the Ninja Academy. Twilight couldn’t take her eyes off the head of blond hair in the throng of potential genin. A sense of concern and excitement filled her heart. Concern that she wouldn’t be able to keep an eye on her foal at all hours of the day but excited that Naruto was starting a new chapter in his life.

After the Hokage ended his address the new students returned to their parents to say their last goodbyes before entering the academy. Naruto embraced Twilight firmly around her neck and Twilight retuned the hug.

“Be good Naruto and be sure to make plenty of friends.”

“Yes mom.”

“I will be by to pick you up after class.”

“See you later mom.” The two broke their hug and Naruto rejoined his peers as they moved inside the school. Naruto spared a minute to look back at his adopted mother and gave her a thumbs-up,

“Don’t worry mom! I’ll make everypony proud! That’s a promise!”

Twilight was once again standing outside the Ninja Academy waiting for Naruto, but today was a different kind of anticipation than just seeing her son again. The alicorn didn’t have long to wait before the children came out of the building. Naruto was running with the world’s biggest smile on his face. The most prominent feature was the headband engraved with the Hidden Leaf icon.

“I did it mom! I did it!”

Naruto’s back was all that Twilight could see. He was older now, a teenager. Twilight couldn’t see past the shadow beyond him; or was it that he was protecting her from the encroaching darkness?

“Don’t worry mom. I promised that I would protect Equestria and that is what I am going to do!”

Twilight stood on the dais in the castle of Canterlot with the other princesses in full regalia. That feeling of pride and joy was threating to make her burst into tears. Celestia was giving an address but her last words caught her attention,

“Fillies and gentlecolts, may I present for the very first time, Prince Stormdawn.” The two large doors on the far side of the chamber opened wide and music filled the air. Then all at once the vision ended.

“Transverse!”


Hiruzen Sarutobi was having an interesting time. He had just told the entirety that a pony princess from another world had shown up in the Hidden Leaf and now Naruto was blessed with the power of the strongest magical force from Equestria. Yah, that made everyone really believe he had gone senile. If it were not for the testimonies of the ANBU that brought Twilight in earlier and the witnesses of Naruto’s power outburst they may have called the Hokage’s sanity into question. Although, presenting Twilight’s request of mentoring Naruto had more than a few people upset.

“Hiruzen, surely you don’t mean to turn over the village’s most powerful asset to a creature whose loyalties are untested?” The question came from the old war hawk Danzo. He was of course worried that he might lose his chance at educating the jinchuriki himself.

“Danzo, not every new factor in life is going to be a threat to the village. Princess Twilight Sparkle does not have any ill intent to the village.” Hiruzen, “However that might not be the case if she finds out how some of the village has been treating Naruto.” That comment got more than a few people squirming in their chairs. Mostly from those who belonged to the civilian sector.

“We’ve seen just how powerful this new ability is. Just an accidental release under duress shattered every window in the village and took the life of the assaulter.” Came the cool impute of the Aburame clan head.

“Indeed,” Came the response from Fugaku Uchiha, “The police force has had its hands full maintaining the peace.”

“The destruction could have been much worse if the Princess had not been there to stop it.” Hiruzen added, “Which is why I am inclined to take her up on her offer to teach Naruto how to use this new power of his.”

This got a reaction from a good deal of the assembled. Mostly it was surprise,

“How can you be so fast to trust her?”

“You are turning over the vessel to another power?”

This was the general consensus of those in the council room. Hiruzen waited for them to tire themselves out before he took control of the room.

“I of course mean to negotiate with the Princess. This is a chance to open up new possibilities for revenue and perhaps a summons contract if they are capable of such a thing. By doing this exchange we will gain both the promise of a more secure and a more wealthy Konohagakure. “

Most parties could see where the Hokage was coming from, and although there were still a few prejudiced voices of dissent the Hokage’s idea was accepted by the village council. The council was about to disperse when a very out of breath clerk burst through the door holding a bunch of loose papers.

“Sorry my lord, it took a bit longer to find them than what I thought.” Everyone present looked at the disheveled clerk in confusion. When he saw the look of confusion on everyone he pulled one of the loose papers off the top,

“The Clan Establishment Act? The clan that protects children with new bloodline limits and interested adults joining the village? The one that was established in the days of the First?” He ventured not getting any positive response. Letting out a sigh the clerk explained,

“In the days when there were mass influxes of clans with bloodline abilities the First Hokage initiated the Clan Establishment Act. The act gave rights to protect the knowledge pertaining to their abilities from the general public and the right to establish themselves as noble houses in the Hidden Leaf Village. There was one other part of the law that never really came up.” The clerk crossed the room and handed the paper to the Hokage.

Hiruzen read the paper, and then he read it again, and again. Each time the shock on his face grew wider until his shock was replaced with a smile.

“Well then, this makes things more interesting.” The Hokage got up and headed for the door, “If you will excuse me the need to establish our relationship with Princess Twilight has just grown dramatically.”

His smile prevailed on his way out the door,

‘Looks like you will be getting something that you always needed Naruto.’