• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 3,752 Views, 472 Comments

"Just Kiss Already!" And Other Rumbaloo Tales - Candy-Sweets_12



A few misadventures between Rumble and Scoots before the married life.

  • ...
8
 472
 3,752

Chapter 9; Girl Talk

Scootaloo jumped when she saw the time, quickly catching herself in the air as she hovered over a defeated Rumble.

"Something wrong?" He asked.

"No, well, yeah, I have to meet up with my friends." Scootaloo said.

"I won't stop you."

"Don't think I'm going to let you get out of practice that easily, 50 wing-ups. Now!" Scootaloo commanded.

"What?!" Rumble asked in disbelief.

"Another word out of you and I'll make it 75! Now drop and give me 50!" Rumble sighed and started doing his wing-ups muttering to himself about being pushed too hard.

"Okay, you keep doing that, I'll meet up with my friends. If I find out that you skipped your wing-ups," She bent down to eye level with him and gave a cold glare. "I will make sure you regret it." She replied. Rumble swallowed and started to move faster as he broke into a sweat, despite the cold weather.

Scootaloo flew off to Sweet Apple Acres, where the trio agreed to meet up that afternoon. After a few minutes, she landed on the first step of the clubhouse, hearing an unusual creek on the floor boards. She looked to the shutters of the club house and concluded that the place has seen much kinder years.

'We should really fix that soon.' She thought. Eventually, as she sat inside, the rest of her friends showed up.

"There you are." She said, turning to the two.

"Sorry ah'm late, I had a few chores to finish." Apple Bloom explained.

"I had to do something else." Sweetie Belle admitted.

"Ah' never thought we would've let this place fall apart."

"It's still in somewhat good condition." Scootaloo said, trying to brighten the mood.

"We hadn't been in here for months. I feels so bad." Sweetie Belle said.

"We could always fix it again. It's still holding up pretty well." Scootaloo said, knocking on a floor board.

"Sure, so what do you girls feel like doin'?" Apple Bloom asked.

"We could go to the spa." Sweetie Belle suggested.

"Yes, we could do exactly what every group of mares does to hang out. Boring." Scootaloo said before faking a yawn.

"How about the park?" Apple Bloom mentioned.

"There's a lot of other ponies there, and it feels a bit crowded." Sweetie Belle said.

"Sugar Cube Corner?" Scootaloo asked.

"Ah'm not in the mood for anything sweet." Apple Bloom said.

"Yeah, plus, I'm sure that Pinkie and Cheese will be having their 'snuggle sessions' Scootaloo shuttered.

"Then what do we do?" Sweetie Belle asked. Everyone fell silent.

"We could go to Fluttershy's." Scootaloo offered.

"Why would we do that?"

"I don't know, maybe Discord'll be there. He's always a promising case for a fun night." Scootaloo said.

"What about the Castle?" Sweetie Belle suggested.

"I'm not sure I want to go there." Scootaloo said.

"Why?"

"What exactly would we do there? Besides, it's more like a place for our sisters and their friends than us. Since they are the ones who own the place."

"What do we do?" Apple Bloom asked. Out of habit, Scootaloo flopped down onto her back.

"Maybe we could just stay here."

"Do you maybe want to fix the things here?" Sweetie Belles asked.

"We can't. We don't have any tools, and neither of us have the supplies for it." Apple Bloom reminded her. "Can't you use some type of spell to do it?"

"Sure, magic can fix everything, just ask the unicorn to do it." Sweetie Belle said sarcastically.

"Gee Sweetie, I didn't mean it like that."

"I know, but I don't know how to use my magic to fix the whole clubhouse automatically. That's more for ponies with more experience fixing things." She explained.

"You three want to stay here, and just talk then?" Scootaloo asked.

"We don't have any better options." Sweetie Belle replied.

"Okay, but here's a suggestion, we'll make a pact."

"About?" Sweetie asked Scootaloo.

"As long as we step hoof into this clubhouse, we won't be talking about any other relationships but our own." Scootaloo said.

"But-"

"Nope."

"Wha-"

"No."

"Fine." The two gave in. Scootaloo stuck her hood out and the other three reached their own hooves in.

"Deal." The three said. And to seal it off, they each did the Pinkie Promise; just in case.

"So how's that practice you're doing?" Apple Bloom asked.

"It's going fantastic. I've already upgraded my speed and Rumble's becoming more agile." Scootaloo explained.

"Well, I sure do hope you two get into the Academy." Sweetie Belle said.

"Same here." Scootaloo agreed.

"How's your career going as a future pop star?" Apple Bloom asked with a smug grin.

"It's going splendid. As long as I keep at it, I may even book a big gig!" Sweetie Belle squealed, her eyes seeming to light up.

"Any new songs you're singing?" Scootaloo asked.

"I wrote down a few, but I need to make sense of the music that will go with it. I won't rest until it sounds just right." She said.

"Okay, Miss Inspiration." Apple Bloom teased.

"Oh whatever. Anything new with you Apple Bloom?"

"Well, since it's apart of my talent to help out on the farm, and a side talent of mine is crafting and design, I'm going to improve the farm's structure, maybe then it'd stop needing to be raised up all of the time." She said.

"What else?"

"I plan on getting Apple Jack to help me and Big Mac build a house for him and Cheerilee."

"I still can't believe those two tied the knot." Sweetie said.

"You'd best believe it, because something tells me we could end up with a new Apple soon."

"And what's that something?" Scootaloo asked.

"Well, with the way Big Mac has been going on about how he should get his own house instead of staying in the barn with AJ and I, Ah'm sure that sooner or later, I'll become an aunt."

"Good for those two." Sweetie said. There was a short silence before Scootaloo broke it.

"We came pretty far didn't we?"

"We sure did." Apple Bloom agreed.

"Was it really all those years ago that we first became friends?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Sure doesn't feel like it." Scootaloo said.

"It feels just like yesterday that we formed the Cutie Mark Crusaders." Apple Bloom said.

"And built this Clubhouse and embarrassed ourselves at the school talent show." Sweetie Belle smiled, chuckling to herself.

"Or the adventures we had trying to get these cutiemarks of ours. Along with making new friends." Scootaloo said.

"Remember carrying the flag for the Equestria Games?" Sweetie said.

"How could I forget? That was probably the best day of my life." Scootaloo said.

"Remember when Babs first came to town?" Apple Bloom asked.

"One does not simply forget such a bad seed." Sweetie Belle said.

"You remember when we became friends with Diamond Tiara and Silver before they moved away to Canterlot?" Scootaloo asked.

"How could we forget? It was the day we earned these." Sweetie Belle said, pointing to her Cutiemark.

"We really came far, huh girls? We went from three cutiemarkless fillies," Apple Bloom stated.

"To a trio of friends with a lifetime of friendship." Scootaloo finished.

"Look who's being cheesy now." Sweetie Belle teased.

"Whatever, you guys know what I mean." Scootaloo said.

"Ya know, I really feel that you've developed a bit of a soft spot." Apple Bloom said, propping herself onto one elbow.

"Why do you say that?"

"Well, ever since you first started hanging out with Rumble-" Sweetie began.

She was cut off by a flash of pink coming from the shutters. Finding Pinkie there yelling out.

"Don't break you Pinkie Promise!!" She yelled out.

"I'll allow it." Scootaloo quickly added.

"Oh, okie-dokie-lokie then. Carry on!" The mare sang, hopping away into the distance.

"How'd-" Apple Bloom stopped herself before she could finish, knowing there was no point in asking.

"You were saying?" Scootaloo asked.

"Well, ever since you started hanging out with your friend all of the time, I think that you might've let your guard down a bit." Sweetie Belle finished.

"I have not." Scootaloo insisted.

"You kind of have, when was the last time you yelled at anypony in say, the last two weeks, besides us?" Sweetie replied. Scootaloo paused, thinking a moment. She hadn't really gotten mad or rough with anypony for a while. Come to think of it, she hardly got mad unless someone was teasing her about Rumble.

"There was that time I punched that Oracle guy in the face for teasing Rumble and I." She suggested.

"Let me guess, 'K-I-S-S-I-N-G'?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Yep, and he was punched in the face for it." Scootaloo added.

"That doesn't count." Sweetie Belle teased.

"It totally does!"

"Nah, it's gotta be somepony we know personally." Apple Bloom said.

"You see him hanging around all of the time!"

"Yeah we may know about him, but that still doesn't count. Try again."

"Fine, I give up, I'm going soft." Scootaloo said in a defeated tone.

"So you do admit it." Apple Bloom said.

"Yes, I admit it." Scootaloo said flatly.

"If you don't mind, may I ask why?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Nope, that's going over the line."

"Aw, come on, please?" She replied.

"No means no Sweetie." Scootaloo said. Folding her arms.

"Please tell us. We promise we won't make fun of ya for it." Apple Bloom said.

"You also promised that we wouldn't talk about it in here, and I say that no means no."

"Fine." The two sighed.

"Just to change the subject, how are you girls feeling since this is our last year in school?" Apple Bloom asked.

"I'm excited." Sweetie Belle smiled. "Sure we'll be expected to pursue a bunch of boring stuff and adult responsibilities, but we won't have any more homework to worry about, or any test to get gray hairs over." She said.

"I'm all ears." Scootaloo agreed.

"Wait a second, hold on, you've gotten gray from stress?" Apple Bloom asked.

"No, but I nearly did. Keeping good grades isn't easy." Sweetie Belle said.

"Agreed." The two replied.

"What do you two want to do once you graduate?"

"We've talked about this a thousand times AB." Scootaloo replied.

"That's not an answer."

"I want to be a world renowned Wonderbolt, and fly with Rainbow Dash and my friend Rumble by my side." Scootaloo said.

"You two know well enough about how seriously I take my music career." Sweetie Belle said.

"You guys know what I'm doing." Apple Bloom asked.

"Are you going to stay here in Ponyville?" Scootaloo asked Sweetie.

"I might have a few tours here and there if I make it to my goal, but Ponyville will always be my home, and I could never leave it. Not even for the fanciest cities out there that don't get three monster attacks a week." Sweetie Belle said.

"Same." The other two agreed.

Just then the three noticed how quickly the sun was setting, and decided to head home.

"It was great to talk with you girls again." Scootaloo told her friends.

"Yeah, that was actually pretty fun." Sweetie Belle said.

"Same time next week?" Apple Bloom suggested. The trio all nodded their heads in agreement and parted ways, each of them getting home with a warm smile on their face, and just before dark.

Author's Note:

Two days in a row, I'm on a roll with double updates! Hope you enjoyed! I felt bad for posting such a chapter a few hours ago, because I know it's not my best. So have this chapter, with a lot of dialogue (Sorry for the time skip.:twilightblush::applejackunsure:) Let me know any future ideas for future chapters and how you felt about this one in particular.

Anyway,

Peace, Love, Tolerate,

-Candy