• Published 2nd Mar 2016
  • 312 Views, 2 Comments

Hopeless - Cherry Teal



An old Journal from before the two sisters

  • ...
 2
 312

Journal

The Alicorn's will save us.....

........Stay Strong

…..No hope

There gone....... …...Forever?



....Help …..Please

We need to act..........

......It's suicide ...It's pointless



.help … "please, a bit for my family"



"no"

The streets are aligned with pointless chatter, empty voices, ….foolish beggars. Can't they see that we are already begging ourselves? Fighting ourselves....Starving ourselves..... for what? This land died long ago, we were left for our selves, unworthy, unlucky, abandoned. There are no Alicorn's, at least not for us. Maybe not for anypony now a days...they vanished long ago.

Some ponies say they left for their home land, others say they where defeated. Fools still believe that they will come back and save us all. It doesn't matter what other believe, the fact is the Alicorn's are dead. At least that's what most of us believe. Why else would they abandon us. I think they just got bored, figured it was time to get some new toys. That's what we all where anyways, toys. We were never their children. We were nothing...... and we still are.

So why do we struggle to maintain our pointless existence, hope? That died a long time ago. Spite? Only gets us so far. Fear? That's what I believe. I believe we struggle on because we are too scared to face what happens after this. Surly nothing good for me, knowing my luck I would just wake up back in this hell whole.

~ x xx xxxx xx x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Work is pointless, endless. Cutie marks only serve as reminders of what we should be doing, what we could have been. Hell, half the time you see blank flanks more than colored ones. There's not a lot of opportunity's left in this world, most jobs are done with the currency of food. A piece of bread, half an apple. Anything that managed to grow in this dirt path we call a village.

Another pony was added to the pit today. A foal. You' think I'd get used to this, it's nothing new. Probably abandoned, happens a lot now a days. Parents don't even have to decency to starve themselves first, give the kid some food, a fighting chance at lest. Found the little tike myself. Earth pony, no cutie mark, no name, just another toy that broke I guess. Kid's should not be born in this world, not anymore.

~ x xx xxxx xx x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another pony was knock off his soap box today. Was spewing nonsense about how this will all end. Yeah, we know it will all end, that's what death's for. ..Idiot. .. sure as hell know it's not gonna' end by the "Merciful Alicorn's that will save us all." They found his body by a bottle of whiskey, that bottle probably gave him more hope than the princesses. It gave me hope. Still half full, gotta' take what you can get in this world. Escape is a luxury.

~ x xx xxxx xx x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not alone tonight. It's weird having another pony over, hadn't in .. The dang kid was just trotting threw town, smiling in fact. Figure she had to be pretty stupid or pretty drunk for that matter. She's young, but nopony really makes it to be old any more. You can't work, you don't eat, simple as that.

Said she came from down east, not a nice place to be if you know what I mean. She was looking for a place to stay. I have my shack I call home, she had some food. We came to an agreement. Keepin' my eye's on her though, can't trust anypony. If your smart, that's the first rule you should learn and heed to. Heck, even I have taken a piece of bread from time to time, what can you do? Don't eat, don't live, and for some reason, I'm just not ready to die yet. I'll check again tomorrow.

~ x xx xxxx xx x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



She was still smiling the next day, I don't like it. There's nothing worth smiling about now a days. Later that day I saw her when I was coming home from work. She was going around telling ponies to "keep hope, the princess will return and restore order." Told her to knock it off, ponies around these parts don't like being fed false hope. "It's not false, they will return, I know it! We just got to stay strong!" I told her "the last guy who said that ended up dead in a pit". Stupid kid wont listen though.

~ x xx xxxx xx x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Kid asked me about my limp today. Told her I had it ever sense I could remember. "I'm sorry", was her response. "Don't be", I told her. Apologies like that are pointless.

~ x xx xxxx xx x

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The kid keeps trying to get me to smile, told her I'd smile when her precious Alicorn's come back. She said she'd hold me too it. Kid's going to be waiting till the day one of us dies, I'll tell you that.

~ x xx xxxx xx x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



She told me to stop calling her kid, pointing out that she's only a few years younger than me. I told her "I will if she stops believing in delusional fantasies that are passed around by the deranged and helpless". That was the first time I saw her lose her smile, instead I was greeted with tears... I was just being honest with her, sompony had to be. . . Why do I feel like crap then?

.................

Apparently, that's what her father used to say. Keep hope, and all that...."sorry" was all I could say. It was the first apology I gave in a long time. ..She should still knock it off though, ponies are getting perturbed.

~ x xx xxxx xx x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



It finally happened. Some ponies got fed up with her nonsense, told her to leave or she'd regret it. So I helped her pack up her things and sent her on her way. Stupid girl thanked me. For what? I asked her. She just smiled and gave me a hug. I don't remember my last one, if I've ever gotten one even. Something I probably could have gotten used to, if times where different.



..........Good Luck, kid

~ x xx xxxx xx x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



It's been quiet sense the kid left. I can't help but wonder how she's doing..

~ x xx xxxx xx x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Haven't wrote in this thing for a while. Work's been getting harder. Don't feel much like writing anymore. . . I'm so tired. Got this persistent cough that's been keepin' me up. Hope it's nothing big. Medicine is harder to get than food, and I sure as hell don't get enough of that. No pony does. Hope that kid's hanging on.

~ x xx xxxx xx x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Commotion in town today. Somepony is running around shouting lies about the Alicorn's return. Apparently some pony got mad and shut them up. Only too late, did I find out who it was.

...Stupid kid...

~ x xx xxxx xx x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The kid was freakin' right! I still can't believe it. Two Alicorn's, children, yes. But Alicorn's none the less. Never seen so many ponies smiling before, heck, I was one of them. I had to keep a promise after all. I just hope we don't regret these smiles. I'm a bit hesitant to be honest. Who knows what lies ahead. All I can say is how fitting this is. New hope, last page. This journal never was very big. To what lies ahead! right? kid.. . . ~ x xx xxxx xx x

Author's Note:

Sorry about the grammar, I had no editor.

My Little Pony belongs to Hasbro and DHX (I think), Please support the official product.

Comments ( 2 )

I love this.
The little snips of life depressed me at first but I felt my mood rise with it

If you are going to dislike my story, could you please tell me why. That way I can improve in the future. thx.

Login or register to comment