• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 2,195 Views, 19 Comments

A World Without Justice - efug25g



After Starlight Glimmer learned of Twilight's Assassination, she vows to help go back in time to reverse this tragic event, in which also led to a lot of injustice in Equestria.

  • ...
4
 19
 2,195

Chapter 5 - Aftermath of the Fallen Star

Immediately after, hearing the murder of Princess Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia ordered her guards to hunt down the traitors behind Twilight's death. As soon as they rounded up all the culprits from their hideouts in three days later, that's when my deepest horrors have finally been realized. It was Prince Blueblood all along. I should've known, back in Canterlot, when he threatened me at the restaurant that I ate lunch with Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry, that he was behind this horrible incident. I never thought that he would make us regret standing in their way by killing an alicorn princess before my very eyes. To make matters worse, I heard that Gallant Heart was the second suspect behind Twilight's death. That was very unbelievable, isn't it? He was the very same royal guard that helped Flash Sentry escort Twilight back to Canterlot. Many ponies, including Twilight's family and Gallant Heart's family were completely outraged after learning of Gallant Heart's betrayal. Before Gallant Heart and Blueblood went to their prison awaiting their trial, an angry mob of Twilight's supporters came storming through the castle grounds, attempting to personally get revenge on both of them. Of course, I was part of the angry mob too because I wanted to strangle the bucking life out of Prince Blueblood for his impudence, in which was directly aimed towards my dead teacher. Unfortunately, Prince Shining Armour, who was Princess Twilight's brother, ordered his men to disperse the crowd immediately. It took like 30 minutes before the angry mob finally stand down and eventually, I too have given up.

On the next day, Princess Celestia had put ten suspects on trial to face their criminal charges. The suspects happened to be five corrupted guards and five corrupted nobles. They were all being convicted for murdering Twilight Sparkle. Before their trial, the crooks were all beaten, battered, and bloodied by the other royal guards. The damage they done on those traitors was so devastating, that they barely look like ponies anymore. As a matter of fact, they were all nothing but demons hiding behind sheep's clothing. You already know that Gallant Heart and Prince Blueblood are part of the group that were conspired to kill Twilight but I never knew the names of the other guards and nobles that turned their back on her. Every pony that was supporting Twilight's decisions, including her friends and her family, were glaring at the suspects during the trial, with an intent to kill. I was sitting right next to the Mane 5. In fact, I'm really shaking up because I wanted to kill those traitors too but I felt a hoof belonging to Sunburst touch my shoulder. When I turned my face to look at him, Sunburst whispered in my ear, ordering me not to come up with any crazy ideas in this trial. I guess there is nothing I can do at this point, since I'll just be making an idiotic scene. After Celestia made her announcement to testify the traitors, Prince Blueblood stepped in. After he made his speech, about being an alicorn and not Twilight, about Twilight being Princess Celestia's mess cleaner, and about Twilight's intent of overthrowing Princess Celestia, it makes me even more angrier hearing all of this blasphemy of his. I just want to blast him into a million pieces with my magic; in fact, most of the other ponies wanted to do the same thing too. Despite Prince Blueblood's defense at the trial, Celestia started crying from the inside, claiming that Twilight was no tyrant or usurper and that she was just trying to protect you all. Unable to take it anymore with Blueblood's venomous lies, Princess Celestia had sentenced him and all of the traitors to be executed by being burned on a stake.

After every pony left Princess Celestia's throne room, I noticed that Flash Sentry stormed out and immediately headed down to the dungeons. Shinning Armour was following Flash from behind. I excused myself from Sunburst's embrace before heading down to the dungeons as well. As soon as I got there, I heard a lot of Flash's screaming echoing throughout the hallways; his ranting was so intense and so loud that every guard pony and prisoner in the dungeon was hearing that racket from a mile away. Just when I was about see what was going on in the dungeons, my eyes widen with horror as I witness Flash Sentry constantly beating down on Blueblood inside the jail cell that he was thrown into, without any hesitation or any remorse. Prince Shinning Armour and 4 of his royal guards stood outside of the cell watching, unaffected by Flash's rage. I saw blood and teeth coming out of Blueblood's mouth, which splattered all over the floor, while a small portion of the traitor's blood sprayed on Flash's face. Flash's brutal beat downs were so intense and so bloody, that he acted like he was some sort of raging chimpanzee mutilating a helpless monkey that trespassed into its turf. Of course, I can't blame him for his aggressive behavior. He always cared about Twilight Sparkle, not because he was just her personal guard, but also because of how much he loved her. In my own theory, Flash Sentry wanted to deliver his own personal vendetta and justice by giving Blueblood his just desserts. I watched Flash continue to beat up Blueblood for like 15 minutes before he left the dungeons to take a break. Sunburst came up behind me and told me that I shouldn't see this anymore. As I left the dungeons, along with Sunburst, my blood started to boil because I was thinking about pulverizing Blueblood too. Well, I would give those dirt bags a taste of my own justice if anything happens to my colt friend Sunburst. As me, Sunburst, Flash Sentry, and the rest of Twilight's friends went to the execution, we all watched as Blueblood started screaming like a banshee before the fire consumed him completely. The last thing I saw from him is nothing more than a burnt, shriveled up carcass, lying on the ground unattended and unrecognizable. I left the execution grounds before any of the Mane 5, Sunburst, and Flash Sentry did but not before muttering to myself, "I hope you burn in Tartarus for all eternity, Blueblood!!!"

In the Memorial Gardens, Princess Celestia did her part to bid farewell to her beloved student and daughter figure, Princess Twilight Sparkle. I was sitting next to my friends from Ponyville as Shinning Armour gave the order to perform a ceremonial salute. As I hear the magic firing into the sky, I was thinking that if I hadn't abandoned Twilight when she was on her way to Canterlot maybe things would've been different. Maybe she would've survived the assassination attempt if I was there before it happened. After the ceremonial salute, every single pony that supported Twilight during her reign left various types of flowers by her glass coffin before paying her respects. When it was my turn to pay her respects, I cannot help but sob silently as I saw Twilight inside her coffin. When I stared at her, she had the most peaceful smile on her face with her eyes closed. Twilight was wearing her princess crown and coronation gown. She was so beautiful, that I can't stop staring at her in tears. Sunburst was there with me at the Memorial Gardens. Before I can say anything to him, he embraced me in his hooves telling me that it's alright and that Twilight is in a better place now. My friend, Trixie Lulamoon, was there too paying her respects for Princess Twilight. She vowed to let every pony know story of the Great and Legendary Princess Twilight; it was the last thing she said to me before she took off, leaving behind a smoke bomb. After the rest of the Twilight's friends paid their respects to her, her parents came up next. Before I saw what was going on, my eyes widen in shock after seeing Twilight Velvet, who was Twilight's mother, smack Princess Celestia across the face knocking her to the ground. It turns out that she was mad at the Princess for not being able to protect her daughter from those rotten, low-life monsters and blames her for making Twilight a princess. In my opinion, Velvet assumed that this was one of the most biggest mistakes Celestia has ever made in her life. Unable to bear the blame any longer, Celestia screamed as she used her magic to teleport herself away from the Memorial Gardens. As for Flash Sentry, after he paid his respects to his lost love, he immediately resigned from the Equestrian Royal Guard. The last thing I ever heard from him was this: Since he could no longer bear living the rest of his life without Twilight's love for him, he committed suicide. Then again, I can't blame him for his actions since he was one of the few guards that never betrayed Twilight Sparkle. I never saw Flash Sentry again after hearing all of this.

After the funeral, it took like about 4 months for Celestia to be ready to pay her respects to Princess Twilight, as well as resuming her reign in Equestria. If it hadn't been for her sister Princess Luna, Celestia would never live it down. As for Twilight Velvet, she finally forgave Princess Celestia for all the misfortune that she has caused for Twilight Sparkle. However, before Velvet was about to give birth to her second daughter, she tells Princess Celestia not to raise their 3rd child like what she did to Twilight. Not a moment too soon, Princess Celestia accepts this before Velvet left the gardens. After Princess Celestia went back on the throne, I decided to help her by carrying out her wish in enforcing all of Twilight's reforms. Hopefully by doing so, I'm sure Equestria will heal in due time, as well as restoring justice in Equestria. What I didn't know is that most of Twilight's reforms did not come without a price.

Five years after Blueblood's trial and execution, and after Twilight's funeral, things did not get any better at all. In fact, without Princess Twilight by my side, I have lost all sense of justice in Equestria. There were still some rotten nobles out there who had deliberately opposed against Princess Celestia's wish to carry out Twilight's reforms for her. As days turned to weeks, and when weeks turned to months, I heard on the latest news headlines that more innocent ponies have been killed by those dirtbag nobles by instigating various tragic events, such as the terrorist bombing of Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. Similar tragic incidents have also occurred in the cities of Manehattan, Appleloosa, Dodge Junction, Cloudsdale, Baltimare, and even in the Crystal Empire. I could not stand facing all the injustice that Equestria is suffering from. I know what I had to do but before that, I decided to visit Twilight Sparkle's grave one last time.

When I got there, it was already nightfall. Before I can make my vow to Twilight at her grave, I'm starting sense something sinister coming from behind me. I could feel the wind blowing ominously across my face, the cold chill crawling up in my skin, the creepy sound of leaves crunching, and a dark figure coming out from the shadows behind the trees. I could hear him cackling in a dark, sinister tone.

"Who's there?! Show yourself." I glared as I saw the dark figure come closer to where I was standing.

"Hello, Starlight Glimmer. Ever since you came to Canterlot with Twilight Sparkle, I've been watching you for a very long time." The sinister voice of the dark figure answered.

Before I could say anything, the dark figure revealed himself to be an elderly male unicorn . He was staring at me with those creepy-looking eyes of his. He was a few feet taller than Twilight and he was displaying a small smirk on his face. He approached me with an evil glare before I could say anything.

"My name is Amadeus Blueblood." The elderly unicorn said to me. "And I've come to make an offer for you."

Author's Note:

This is when things get creepy. In fact, Starlight Glimmer will come face to face with Twilight's worst nightmare in the next chapter. What is Amadeus planning for her, now that Twilight is gone? We'll see very soon.