• Published 4th May 2017
  • 392 Views, 3 Comments

The Moon In The Dark: Alt-Endings and Doomed Detours - WorldWalker128



Alt-paths and endings for The Moon In The Dark

  • ...
 3
 392

(A Talk Over Dinner) Judge, Jury, and Vengeful Vigilante

"no matter what you decide to do, no matter what happens in the core and beyond..." Stepping up from the table, Sans walked around so he could stroke Woona's mane. "promise me...you won't die."

Woona smiled widely. "Promise!" she proclaimed, filled with DETERMINATION to keep her word.

Asgore sighed in sorrow at yet more innocent blood splashed upon his clothing. The un-moving body of the young equine child lay before him, the memory of her having called him 'father' as well as what he could have sworn was an outline of his adopted child standing over her, weeping, tore at him like the others' demise had, just as it had when the others died by his hands, his will. But as he stared, the outline faded and vanished. Perhaps it had merely been a product of his guilty conscience?

"At least....at least" He took a shuddering breath to steady himself. "at least this will never need happen again after today." Tears fell from his eyes as he grasped Woona's odd soul in hand and carried it over to the waiting six human souls, which were trying in vain to break free from their holding containers. They knew what was coming, and even in death, fought the inevitable, final demise of Absorption. Asgore looked to them with regret, but steeled himself. Was this not, after all, what needed to be done? If I falter now, my people will surely be trapped down here for the rest of eternity.

Reaching down with his empty hand, Asgore reached for the last empty Soul Canister and opened it- only to watch it shatter to hundreds of pieces as if it were mere glass. Looking over his shoulder, the king's moist eyes blinked in confusion at the sight of a lone, short skeleton wearing a blue jacket, shorts and slippers with one outstretched arm aimed at the destroyed canister. He knew this skeleton by reputation through the captain of his guard, though not in person. This was Sans, younger sibling of Papyrus, whom Undyne was currently training.

From what she'd told Asgore, Sans was generally lazy, loved telling jokes, and had what were probably the lowest combat stats in the entire underground. But as a shiver ran down his spine Asgore noticed something, and recalled an old memory from during the old war: one of Sans' eyes was brightly glowing. Ordinary skeleton monsters' eyes didn't glow. A Revenant? I thought they all died in the war! No, only one of his eyes are glowing. So a half-breed, then? Sensing Asgore was distracted, Woona's soul slipped out of Asgore's grip, and seemed to vanish into the air as she Reloaded to the last place she'd slept. The current timeline however, continued onward, and would until she awoke.
Click me! I'm nescesary!

Despite his grinning face, the narrowed eye ridges spoke quite clearly that Sans wasn't happy.

"Normally, your majesty I'd be polite and give a bow to ya'. But for some reason..." He tilted his head and looked at Woona's corpse lying in a still-expanding pool of blood. "I'm just not feeling it today." Sans closed his eyes, lowered his arm and stuck his skeletal hands in his pockets and started walking nonchalantly towards Asgore. "It's a shame this all happened, really; it's a such a beautiful day outside." Asgore swallowed and fought the urge to take a step back with every step forward Sans took. "Birds are singing, flowers are blooming...on days like this, ruthless bastards like you..." Sans stopped and opened his eyes again, then jerked his left arm from its pocket. Sans' entire body was engulfed in blue magic, and with three small pops of light, three draconic skulls appeared.

"Should be burning in HELL!!"

Author's Note:

A few of you may recall this from the comment section of the original story. I tried to think of a way to flesh it out more, but who among you ACTUALLY want to read about the process of Asgore murdering Woona? I know that I don't, and I'd strongly dislike writing it.
Also, I'm sure some of you are wondering why Asgore would not have known Chara was still around beforehand. The idea for this came about before the chapter with the Mettaton performance was written, and as such at the time I didn't know that he would manifest to where others could see him.