• Published 2nd Jul 2017
  • 1,740 Views, 20 Comments

After Rain Comes Sunlight - Himewhite



A love story of two different creatures of two different kingdoms

  • ...
5
 20
 1,740

An Heavenly Mission

In the library of the castle Discord was wearing a blue royal attire with a big red bow on the front. Discord was posing for the painter to paint him on the canvas.

" That's our king Discord. Picture perfect " Foto finish said. " As usual, no retouching necessary " Discord was starting to get annoyed by the mare. " E-Excuse me.....could you turn up the corners of your mouth a bit more ? " Foto finish said. Discord tied to smile but as he did it, it more looked like he was going to kill something or somepony. Fancy pants saw the smile and thought the same thing as the painter and Foto Finish looked scared so he took matters in his own hooves.

" Smile, sir. For the good of the country " Fancy pants said whispering to Discord.

" In what way is this " For the good of the country " Discord said getting more annoyed by the second.

" The royal family bulletin only comes once a year. Many of the citizens look forward to it. Consider your bond with your kind and smile "

" But where is the princess " Discord said after hearing a sudden scream that was familiar to him.

" Fluttershy was in her room trying to fit in a corset with the help of her three maids, but it turned out to be a death sentence for Fluttershy. While Sweetie belle and Scootaloo were fighting the princess while tying up the corset really tight around Fluttershy's middle, Fluttershy screamed as she wasn't breathing through the tight corset.

" Just a bit more, princess Fluttershy " Sweetie belle said a she pulled harder on the string making it tighter for Fluttershy.

" Call on your womanly spirit " Scootaloo said pulling just as hard on the strings as Sweetie belle.

" Princess Fluttershy, endure it " Babs seed said Watching from the sidelines.

" I can't... It's choking....Me.... To death " Fluttershy said trying to breath though the pain.

" Silence ! " A stallion said hitting the floor with his hooves to make the others stop in their actions. " Those who call themselves the royal family must at all times practice superior dress and decorum. I am The Rain kingdom's top designer Hoity Toity, and if you are going to wear my designs, you must conduct yourself in a manner befitting a queen. " Hoity Toity said tying up the corset of Fluttershy, he hit her back with his hoof as he was finished and said. " Posture " Flutetrshy was standing still as Hoity Toity looked at her body making Fluttershy nervous. " Kindly lose five more kilograms before the engagement ceremony " Fluttershy was surprised by the amount and said.

" Five kilograms ? " Not sure if she could do that, she was already thin as she was. Going on a diet to lose more weight, she can't possibly do that.

" Tell the chef that starting today, he must remove all carbohydrates from Princess Fluttershy's meals " Hoity Toity Commanded to the maids.

" W-Whait a minute " Fluttershy tried to protest to this idea. " What's this " engagement ceremony " Stuff ? " Fluttershy said No idea what they were talking about. " I know about the wedding ceremony, but..... " Fluttershy couldn't even finish her line as Sweetie belle and Scootaloo pushed her to the dressing room.

" It is a traditional sacred rite that is held before the wedding ceremony " Hoity toity explains to Fluttershy as she watched herself in the mirror. Scootaloo and Sweetie belle were drawing the curtains closing the view from Haiti Toity as they dressed Fluttershy in her dress. " It's also know as " The Exchanging of the Rains. " The stallion and mare each bring a ring and exchange them to formalize their engagement. "

" Wow, Fashionable " Fluttershy said as she looked at her dress. On the door of Fluttershy's room was a knocking sound heard and opening the door was Foto finish standing saying.

" Pardon me " As she walked in with Discord behind her. " How are Princess Fluttershy's preparations coming ? " Fluttershy walked thoughts Foto Finish to show her the dress she's was wearing. The dress was a old greek like white dress with golden linings in it. " Lovely " Foto finish said as she looked at the dress. Discord moved his head to looked at Fluttershy from behind Foto finish who was in the way of his view.

" I guess you can dress up anything " Discord said thinking she was beautiful in any dress, but this one looked like she was a angel in white. Fluttershy was getting embarrassed by all the eyes watching her.

" That was unnecessary " Fluttershy thought.


In the meeting room of the castle, The three counsel members were looking at the royal family bulletin that the painter just finished making.

" My, my, my. I thought I was looking at a goddess. Is this really our Princess Fluttershy ? " Star Swirl said as he looked at the book.

" beautifully drawn, aren't they ? Absolutely gorgeous " Kibitz said.

" Only bored housewives read the royal family bulletin. " Discord said from his misshaped chair.

" Your presentation to the citizens is coming up. But there are many things to be done before then.... " Randolph said turning his head to the king. Discord rose from his chair and walked thoughts the three counsel member saying.

" I've finished all the complicated behind-the-scenes nonsense. If nothing comes up, things should go just as I planned them " Discord said not even realizing that in a church a stallion was reading the royal family bulletin until there was a knock on the door. The stallion swapped the book for an in broidery.

" Come in. " The stallion said. The door was being opened and a stallion came in saying.

" Pardon me, sir Double Diamond " He bowed his head. " There is something I must inform you of right away. It is.... " Whispering the rest in Double Diamon's ear making the news pin his hoof with the needle making the broidery dirty with a stain of blood coming from his hoof.


Back in the royal castle Fluttershy was looking for a delicious diner but instead found a plate with only some beans on it and the rest of the table was lying with delicious salads and cakes but she couldn't eat any of it. Fluttershy looked at her plate and said with a sigh. " That's all ? " Almost crying her eyes out Pinkie pie was hiding behind a big vase with flowers in it and said.

" Princess Fluttershy " Waving her hooves at her. " Princess Fluttersy " Fluttershy leaved her chair and went to Pinkie pie. Pinkie pie showed her a basket full with cupcakes and said " Just don't tell that mean old pompous dude " Fluttershy could kiss Pinkie but didn't. She said with smile.

" Your the best Pinkie " Fluttershy gave the mare a huge and soon went for the cupcakes but was stopped as a sound of a hoof coming down on the floor, Fluttershy recognized that sound anywhere, she turned around to see Hoity Toity standing there.

" The public engagement ceremony comes only once in a lifetime. do you intend to abandon my masterpiece and wear off the rack ? " Fluttershy gave up and gave the basket with cupcakes back to Pinkie pie and went back to her chair eating the beans with disappointment. Pinkie pie was just as heartbroken as Fluttershy and said.

" It's heartbreaking..... " Crying out for Fluttershy's sake. Diner was interrupted when Fancy pants came in smashing the door open and said in a rush.

" Princess Fluttershy ! come to the office at once ! It's an emergency ! " Fluttershy didn't know what was happening but by the reaction from Fancy pants it couldn't be good.


In Discord's office Fluttershy and Fancy pants just arrived to see Discord in a frustrating situation, Discord was holding a piece of paper smashing it in frustration. His eyes were sunken awn to the size of little beans and his teeth rubbed against each other just from reading the paper that was send to him, Discord said with a shocked voice. " The engagement's been canceled " Shocking Fluttershy from the news.

" What in Celestia's name ? "

" The Ministery of the Priesthood did it " Discord said with a angry voice.

" Ministert of the Priesthood ? " Fluttershy never heard of those names.

" They are the state's highest organization for managing the rites for various gods, including our county's patron deity, the Rain God. Weddings in the royal family must have the approval of the Ministry of the Priesthood. But they have made the decision not to approve of his marriage to you " Fancy pants explains.

" But why ? "

" The reason they gave is because you are of a foreign ethnic group. " Fancy pants said. Fluttershy couldn't believe it and Discord wasn't happy about it either Clenching his fist Discord said.

" It's ridiculous. That means nothing in this country. It's just a pretext. Historically, there have been other lawful wives from foreign ethnic groups. I'm the one they don't like ! "He looked so scary that Fluttershy did a step back out of fear and asked him.

" Why don't they like you ? "

" They may bear a grudge for how he took an ax to the degradations of the Ministry go the Priesthood when he first ascended the throne. They said that if we insist on their accepting you, you must undergo the Rite of Illumination " Fancy pants said.

" Illumination ? "

" It is a special ritual. You must retrieve a special ring to be used in the exchanging of Rains which is consecrated in a underground temple. The underground temple is one of the most perilous parts of our county, located in the depths of a miasmic valley. Countless princesses have lost their lives there. because of that, the custom fell into decline two moons ago, but....." Fancy pants couldn't even finish as Fluttershy said with her hooves on the desk were Discord was sitting at.

" I'll do it "

" Didn't you hear what he said ? " Discord said not believing what she just said. " Does she want to die ? " discord thought.

" If I do this Illumination whatever, he'll accept me, right ? So, I'll do it "

" It's not that simple " Discord said trying to chance her mind.

" Accepting the trial would be acknowledging that the Ministry of the Priesthood was correct in refusing to permit the wedding " Fancy pants said.

" In other words, accepting that I'm not like the pony's of this country " Fluttershy thought.

" They are not the only forces in this county who think ill of his majesty. Are you prepared to face all of them ? " Fancy pants said making Fluttershy unsure of her capability that she should help them but she was wrong.

" This underhanded way of doing things must be the work of Double Diamond, but don't worry. Even if he sends every one of his retainers at me " Discord rose from his chair and said with a imitating voice. " I will not allow the slightest harm to come to you. So shut up and let me protect you ! " Discord said making Fluttershy cower before him.

" I can't say a word back to him, But I don't like just being protected " Fluttershy thought as she was send away to her room, laying on her bed looking at the celling she thought. " I don't want to a burden all the time. That's the one thing I won't be " Fluttershy jumped out of bed and went to her widow balcony seeing the room a crossed hers was the light still on. " He's still not asleep ? " Fluttershy took a night rope and said. " Jeez..... always taking everything on his shoulders.... " Walking thoughts the exit of her room.


In a field of roses Young Discord was taking to a unicorn mare who looked like an angel herself dresses in white and a white mane and a purple coat " Discord. take this " The mare said giving young Discord a box, Discord opened the box revealing a A silver ring inside of it with little blue gems in it.

" A ring ? "

" It is a ring of protection that was given to me when I left my hometown. When you find someone you love, give it to her " The mare said.

" But why give it to a stranger you don't even know ? Why not keep it for yourself ? " Discord said handing it back. " A pretty mare like you should keep a precious item like this " The mare smiled at the little creature before her and said.

" So passionate. But please, take it. You never know what the future might bring " Discord heard a door open and closing again starting to wake up from dream he was having he saw a night rope covering him and heard hoof steps outside his office walking away.

" A rare slip, even for me. " Discord said feeling the warmth of the rope.


The next morning Fluttershy was getting ready for the day and asked Sweetie belle who was doing her hair a strange question. " Where to find the Priesthood ? " Sweetie belle said brushing Fluttershy's hair with her magic holding the hairbrush. " They're usually in the eastern temple. Do you have business with them ? " Sweetie belle asked.

" I guess " Fluttershy said not liking it to lie to her friends, but she has to do this. " He told me to just sit tight, but I really want to get a look at these guys " Fluttershy thought.

" But even the royal family can't enter the temple without permission " Sweetie belle said just remembering that part. " It would be one thing for a servant like me, but...." Looking at Fluttershy through the mirror. Fluttershy was completely staring at Sweetie belle like a hawk making Sweetie belle nervous. Fluttershy had a idea in her mind that was going to be risky, but could work nicely, she needed a maid outfit just like Sweetie belle's so she asked one. Sweetie belle arranged a maid outfit that was Fluttershy's size and with that Fluttershy went to the Priesthood to negotiate with the ministry of the the Priesthood.

" Okay ! Now, if I cover my face with the shawl...." Fluttershy thought as a good idea to not be recognized by the guard's in front of the building and the pony's in the Priesthood. Fluttershy walked the stairs to the Priesthood building where a guard was standing, Fluttershy bowed before the guard saying. " I'm the big sister of Mary, Lady in waiting to the priesthood.I came to bring her a change of clothes and a letter " With that Fluttershy stood up and walked by the guard before he stopped her he said.

" Wait "

Fluttershy immediately panicked and thought to herself " He found me out ? " The guard turned around to face her and said surprising Fluttershy.

" you really developed an hourglass figure since the last time I saw you " Not noticing Fluttershy wasn't really the big sister of Mary.

" Ah, thank you now please go back to work " Fluttershy said with a smile while thinking. " Okay, time to get inside " Flutetrshy walked inside the building when a sound of broken glasses got her attention, she looked at the direction where the sound was and seeing three stallions in sacred vestment clothes with the middle stallion a stain of whine on his sacred vestment and a cane in his hooves and with a mare dressed as a maid and with crossed-eyes on the ground picking up shards from the broken glasses. The stallion who got the stain from the whine scolded the mare.

" Fool ! Look what you've done to my sacred vestment ! "

" I'm terribly sorry ! Please, forgive me " Derpy said apologizing to the stallion who had a cane in his hooves.

" I'll strike you down for your insolence ! " The stallion said about to hit the mare with the cane in his hooves, just as it was about to hit Derpy the cane broke in half with a clean cut from the wind knocking the stallion back with the wind. Before he could speak he saw a mare with pink mane blowing in the wind standing before the mare who was about to get hit. " You're..... " The stallion said as he know who that mare was standing before him. Fluttershy rises her head reveling her face to the stallion before her. " Princess Fluttershy ! " The stallions of the Priesthood and guard's were all staring at the sighed of Princess Fluttershy and her power.

" This power ! Princess Fluttershy ! It's really her ! " Stallions allover the place said.

" How dare you raise your hooves to a woman ! " Fluttershy said as she saw everything what was going on. " Isn't this a house of god ? " Fluttershy was really angry with the stallion, she couldn't just standby and watch.

" I don't want to hear that from some foreign Princess ! " The stallion said who had the broken cane in his hooves ready to hit Fluttershy with it but was stopped by a hoof from a another stallion who had white mane and a white coat saying to the stallion.

" Don't do it, minor Star Gazer. Forbearance is one of the teachings of god " Fluttershy was surprised, she didn't even see him coming. Double Diamond was staring directly at Fluttershy as he let go of Star Gazer.

" Y-You're.... Double Diamond ! " The stallion said not knowing he was the one who stopped him.

" This is him ? " Fluttershy thought as she looked at him smiling at her. Double Diamond bowed his head while saying.

" Forgive me for not coming to welcome you, your highness. Forgive the rudeness of my subordinate, as well " Double Diamond said apologizing to Fluttershy.

" You should be apologizing to her, not me ! " Fluttershy said still angry at Double Diamond's subordinate. Double Diamond looked at the mare hiding behind Fluttershy and then looked at his subordinate.

" But you power is truly shocking ! " Double Diamond said changing the subject at hoof. " I hear you can call the sun and the wind, as well. Incredible " Double Diamond said still smiling at Fluttershy, making Fluttershy confused.

" Is this really the guy ? Not quite what I imagined..... " Fluttershy thought as she looked at Double Diamond.

" Sun and wind are ill-omened things which disappears the rain. We do not need them in this country " Fluttershy was shocked by the words Double Diamond said. " Yes. You are an ill omen " Double Diamond said not smiling anymore revealing his true self to Fluttershy.

" Yeah, this is definitely him ! " Fluttershy thought not trying to show him and fear. " You're pretty up front about all this "

" If his majesty were to find out, i'd be sent straight to prison, right ? " Double Diamond said with as smile on his face. It was like he had two personalities. " There's no making amends with a king like that, either. He made it clear when he chose a princess like you.... Just how much he takes after that lonely life of his "

" I've experienced a lot of hostility since I came to this country, but this is different. This is sheer malice " Fluttershy thought. " He must have felt it all this time. All by himself... In that body of his....."

" Discord never should have been born. " With that Fluttershy was so in rage with the stallion before her, she was ready to kick him when Derpy who Fluttershy protected stopped her.

" Don't do it, Princess Fluttershy " Derpy tried to held Fluttershy back, " You'll lose your position if you raise a hoof against a priest ! " Double Diamond grinned in amusement seeing the little pegasus mare that couldn't do anything to harm him.

" Let me go ! " Fluttershy really wanted to get that smug look off his face. " I can't stand it. I can't stand it ! " Fluttershy thought.

" You should be grateful to us. We're giving you a chance to do this aboveboard, so that you don't end up the way he did. It's up to you whether you take it or not " Double Diamond said smiling at Fluttershy before he left. Fluttershy fell to the floor with Derpy beside her.

" He's been hurt to many times, and this time it's my fault "

" Your highness. Let's go outside for now " Derpy said not noticing Fluttershy trying to hold back from crying but it couldn't be stopped. " I might..... Not be able to stay with him...... " Fluttershy said crying.

" R-Regardless, I'll take you back to the palace " Derpy said helping Fluttershy to stand up on her hooves. " Actually, um....Would you mind making a stop on the way ? " Fluttershy whipped her tears away with her hooves and looked puzzled at Derpy.


Fluttershy and Derpy were in the countryside of The capital city : Ginitari. Fluttershy looked around seeing beautiful landscape and fields with crops and pony's harvesting plants.

" Amazing ! " Flutetrshy said cheering up a bit from everything.

" This is the best time to see them " Derpy said looking at the pony's working hard to harvest everything in time. " But that's not what I wanted to show you. " Derpy walked towards a little building and showed it to Fluttershy. " That is " Fluttershy looked at the building seeing little filly's at one of the widows glaring at Fluttershy and Derpy. Fluttershy finally understood what kind of place this was. " Those filly's are all refugees or orphans . Until recently, they were part of what were called " the lower classes. " The king quickly abolished the class system, but he never actively concerned himself with this establishment. But lately..... " Fluttershy felt a pull on her maid outfit and looked at who or what was doing that, she say a little earth filly with a light golden coat, a light orange mane, and purple eyes her name was Noi. Noi pulled on Fluttershy's outfit again and said.

" Hey ! You're the queen, right ? You are, aren't you ? " Fluttershy bowed down to the little filly and said.

" You know me ? "

" You know, This ! " Noi held a piece of paper what looked like a magazine and showed it to Fluttershy. " I love reading it. Is the king not here today ? "

" Yeah, it's just me. Has he come here before ? "

" Yeah ! He looked at the flowers for the longest time " Noi pointed her hooves at a flower bed full of different flowers. " See ? There ! I asked him " do you like flowers ? " and he said " I don't know. Flowers really are just flowers. " Fluttershy smiled at the thought that he said that to her to.

" Sounds like him " Fluttershy thought.

" But he says that looking at the flowers reminds him of you ! "

" Oh " Fluttershy's cheek slightly turned a little red.

" Not just flowers. wind, trees, the rain.....everything in the world that never moved him before. When he think of you, he can see their beauty for the first time, he said " Fluttershy was happy that Discord was seeing the world in a whole different way.

" They all say it " Derpy said holding three red roses in her hooves. " King Discord has changed. Thanks to Princess Fluttershy. As far as we're concerned, you have more than proved your worthiness to be queen. " Derpy gave Fluttershy the roses, she couldn't be more happier then this knowing their are pony's cheering for her.

" Thanks you " Fluttershy said excepting the flowers and thought. " I want to repay those feeling. I want to become worthy of them. " Looking at the flowers seeing their beauty and scent Fluttershy said. " It's true. They really are beautiful. "


Back at the palace Discord as sleeping soundly until he felt a soft hoof stroking his head. Discord slowly opens his eyes seeing a pony in front of the lamp looking like a angel in the light of the lamp and said. " An angel ? " Discord looked closer and say Fluttershy sitting on the bedside.

" Sorry. Did I wake you ? "

" No. I was just lying down for a bit. " Discord rubbed his eyes and sat right up in bed saying. " But what's that sweet smell....." Discord looked at his bed and it was covered with roses. " What's all this ? " Fluttershy laughed at seeing Discord's Surprised face and said.

" Isn't it nice ? "

" Majesty ! what has happened ? " Fancy pants said as he opened the door with a bang. Apparently he heard Discord's voice and came in a rush, but when he saw the roses on Discord's bed he was also surprised.

" The kids at the orphanage sent them for you " Discord and Fancy pants who walked to the bedside of Discord looked both at Fluttershy as she walked thoughts the window balcony. " I learned a lot about you today. " Fluttershy turned around with a serious look on her face. " Hey. I want to take that trial " Fancy pants was shocked at the statement, trying to stop the Princess from going.

" Weren't you listening ? To undertake the Rite of Illumination....."

" I'm going to face up against it all " Fluttershy said interrupting Fancy pants. " I'm going to make them accept me. I won't give anyone cause of complaint. "

" But....." Fancy pants said worried for Flutetrshy's safety. Discord went out of bed saying to Fluttershy.

" Fluttershy, if you throw yourself in the face of criticism, you won't escape unharmed. " Discord said also worried for Fluttershy. " If you stay behind me, I'll protect you. "

" I know. I haven't forgotten what you said about not letting any harm come to me, but I don't mind getting hurt " Surpising Discord with what she said. Fluttershy grabbed Discord's paw and claw and said holding them close to her. " Any ham that comes to me because of you is harm that I need " Fluttershy looked in his eyes, all that discord saw was sad eyes shimmering in the light. " I want to share your pain. So I want you to let me fight. With you " Discord began to shake and stopped looking in her eyes facing away from her making Fluttershy worry about him. " Hey ! what's wrong ? "

" I can't stand it. Knock it off ! " Discord finally snapped surprising Fluttershy, she did not imagine this to happen. " You hear me ? I thought you'd be really anxious about this, so I was going to take this chance to act all chivalrous ! " Making Fluttershy cower at his outburst. " what am I supposed to do if you do it instead ? Idiot ! " Fluttershy didn't know what to do, getting nervous more by the minute, sweating like crazy. " You really are completely lacking in charm ! " Getting so confused by all of it, Fluttershy felt so dizzy thinking what she did wrong.

" Huh ? Why's he mad at me ? " Fluttershy thought as Discord walked away from her saying.

" But if you insist, I'll just have to do what you say. " Discord opened a drawer taking out something and walked back to Flutershy. " Hey, Fluttershy. hold out you hoof. " Fluttershy did as Discord said giving him her right hoof, Discord said then. " No, this one " Discord grabbed Fluttershy's left hoof and placed the object in her hoof. Fluttershy looked at the object in her hoof, it was a silver ring attached to a silver chain. " It was a gift from someone. I'm sure it will protect you. Wear it around your neck. It won't be official until the ceremony. " Discord place a kiss on the hoof he was holding making Fluttershy blush, he looked at her in her eyes with concern. " Come back safely "

" Sure. I'll be back soon " Fluttershy said smiling at Discord.


In the middle of the night in front of the underground temple in the depths of a miasmic valley Double Diamond said as he opened the gates.

" Fourth daughter of the Sunlight kingdom, Princess Fluttershy. We shall now conduct your rite of Illumination " Fluttershy was wearing a white hood nodding at Double Diamond saying she was ready. " The entrance here will be sealed. None can enter after you do " Fluttershy was looking around seeing Discord and Fancy pants supporting her though it all, but something didn't sit right with her as she looked at the four cloaked pony's completely covered in the cloaks not revealing their faces at all. " You must find another exit from the temple by yourself. The time limit is the morning of the state ceremony. You know what you must do, correct ? " Double Diamond asked.

" Yeah. I go into the Rain God's temple and take his ring, right ? " Fluttershy said a little nervous about this all but she has to do this, for herself and to the pony's supporting her.

" The ring should be consecrated within the Rain God statue in the deepest part. " Fluttershy was given a torch that she held with her wing and was placed in front of the opening of the temple. " Now go, and may God protect you. " Double Diamond said at last. Fluttershy looked at the dark cave and gulped at the sight of it.

" Okay, here I go...." Fluttershy thought about to leave until Discord said.

" It's a maze in there. Keep your wits about you. "

" No need to worry ! Just trust in me and wait here. " Flutetrshy said not sure if she was lying or just being stupid, she is scared as what now seeing that dark cave.

" I know you'll laugh in the face of any danger. Just don't come back feral. " Fluttershy laughed a little nervously at Discord's joke not sure if she is that kind of pony.

" That's what you're worried about ? "

" I trust you " Discord said tying not to look worried as he saw Fluttershy leave in the cave saying to him.

" I'll be back soon " Heading in the cave shutting the gates behind her. Discord saw a few of the cloaked pony's leave and looked Double Diamond in the eyes seeing a smug on his face as he was about to leave as well. Discord wasn't feeling good about this not after seeing Double Diamond smiling about the situation.

In the cave Fluttershy was walking through the tunnels of the cave hearing a constant water dripping from the tunnel. " It's darker than I expected. He said to just follow the path down, but......" Fluttershy thought as she keeps walking the same path. " It's getting complicated, and I'm losing my sense of direction " At the end of the path Fluttershy saw a big open space with pillar holding the ground up. " Which way ? " Fluttershy looked at the big open space not sure which way to go. " I guess I should look at the map he gave me " Fluttershy took out a map under her wing that Discord gave her but as she looked at it, the map was like a little filly's drawing she couldn't even read it. " He can't even draw a map ? " Fluttershy thought as she looked at it, she putted it away thinking it won't help her so she should do it herself. " Normally, I could get a feel for it by how the air was moving, but the air here is so stagnant and heavy...." Fluttershy looked around thinking which way to go. " I won't be able to call the wind if something happens. " Fluttershy choice a effective way to decide on a way by using a little game. " Now. Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...... " Pointing her hooves at every direction until it stopped by moe, walking in that direction Fluttershy said. " Well, let's have a look " The path fluttershy choice was a small path with a cliff on her left and a stone wall on her right. Fluttershy place her hoof on the wrong side of the path and almost fell down if not for her wings her torches was now in her hooves. " That was close ! " Fluttershy looked at the little stones of the path fell down in the cliff. " I guess I can't take this lightly....." Fluttershy thought of what Fancy pants said to her.

" Countless princesses have lost their lives there. " Thinking about it made Fluttershy agree with that statement.

" Yeah, this place would be impossible for a born-and-bred princess. " Fluttershy looked at the ring hanging on her neck with the chain Discord gave to her.

" I'm sure it will protect you " Holding to ring in her hoof made her strong thinking back on that memory

" Yeah, I'm okay, I'll come back, for sure. " Putting the ring back in her hood getting back at her mission. " Okay ! " Getting through small tunnels and cliffs, seeing a big bug on the wall what would scare any princess but Fluttershy was actually impressed by the rare creatures living in the cave. Fluttershy was walking and walking until the path was ending by a cliff almost fallen as she didn't see the end of the path. " Whoops ! " Downing a few steppes back from the cliff. " I won't fall for that once twice ! " Moving the torches a little closer to the open space Fluttershy saw a building in it. " that's....the Rain God's Temple ? " Fluttershy flow down to the temple and looked around the place. " Wow.....look at all the stuff down here. That's the Rain Dukedom for you " Fluttershy stumbled on a old statue of a mare with a sword and a staff in her hooves. " This is it ? " Thinking that the ring is here somewhere, Fluttershy saw a hole where the torch could be place as she did it the space was surrounded by fire, lighting up the hole space. Looking around the space trying to find the ring but there was nothing until Fluttershy remembered something that Double Diamond said.

" The ring should be consecrated within the Rain God statue " Fluttershy looked at the statue of the Rain God.

" Consecrated inside ? " Fluttershy looked under the statue, feeling that one of the stone tiles moved as her hoof went by it. Fluttershy pushed the stone tile and it went in the ground revealing a little box Fluttershy thought it might be the ring she was suppose to find. " It's here ! This is it ! " Taking the little box in her hooves. " Now, finally......" Fluttershy opened the little box seeing with shock that the ring wasn't in there. " It's empty ? why ? " Thinking about Double Diamond Fluttershy know what was going on. " He never intended to accept me from the start ! " Fluttershy heard a strange sound, when she looked around her the same four cloaked pony's from before were surrounding her. " And this is way beyond not accepting......." Fluttershy was out numbered she tried to be brave. " Sacred rite, huh ? What a joke ! " Trying hard to keep track of everypony what there doing, one wrong move and she could be dead.

" I know how you feel, highness. Ever since Discord ascended the throne. He has done nothing but joking around with us and the traditional retainers. " One of the cloaked unicorn's said. " All he does is pointless cater to the common pony's, abolishing the lower classes and otherwise threatening the structure of society. " Lighting up his horn to attack and the others followed. " This is bad. At this rate...." Fluttershy had a huge disadvantage for she wasn't a unicorn. " His tyrannical abuses of power have only escalated since you arrived. Not only are you a princess of a foreign country, you are a direct threat to us. So I will end you here " Fluttershy didn't know what to do everypony was closing in on her lighting up their horns to fire at her.

Author's Note:

What will happen to Princess Fluttershy ?
Only the sun knows the answer.....

Sorry for the huge cliffhanger, but héy that makes it exiting for the next chapter.