• Published 13th Jan 2018
  • 1,093 Views, 46 Comments

Stars and Scripts - mr lovecolt



Star Bright discovers a new star formation and is thrown into the world of fame, bringing Silver Script along for the ride.

  • ...
4
 46
 1,093

Mare Castrot

Star Bright felt the morning light that creeped through the opened blinds on his muzzle, but he refused to open his eyes. The only thing he could think about was the look on Silver Script’s face when he had finished his tirade last night. Please forgive me, he thought.

Suddenly, he felt a pressing sensation on the sole of one of his hind hooves. He bit his lip as the pressure continued to massage him. It was only when he felt a set of lips kissing his fetlock that he opened his eyes and was shocked to see Silver Script nuzzling his leg.

“Silvy, I—”

“Hush,” Silver Script interrupted. “Today’s your big day.”

Star Bright winced a little, but cooed the moment Silver Script’s hooves continued the massage. He saw Silver Script look away for a moment and stare out the window, as though distracted.

“I’m sorry,” the pegasus said as he continued to massage up to the stallion’s fetlock.

Star Bright’s horn glowed, and Silver Script’s hooves stopped their motions. “What are you sorry for?” he asked. “I’m the one who said those things to you.”

Silver Script chuckled. “I promised you that I would be there for you. I know I haven’t.” He leaned in closer to Star Bright. “Let me at least make this day what you deserve.”

“But I—”

“Please?”

Star Bright gasped at how quickly Silver Script leapt forward to press their lips together.

“Just forget about it.” The pegasus kissed his lips again. “Forget about it.” He kissed again, this time on Star Bright’s neck. “Forget it.” Star Burst shivered when he felt his partner’s lips on his shoulder.

“Silvy?” he said. “It’s not that I’m ungrateful or anything—” He groaned as he felt the stallion’s hooves return to massaging his leg due to his distraction. “This is just so… unexpected.”

“Oh, there’s more.”

Star Bright cocked his head, and when Silver Script gestured towards the bed, his eyebrows shot up. Slowly, he lifted himself off of the couch and made his way towards the bed, where he hesitantly placed a hoof on the covers. Silver Script leapt onto the bed and patted the pillow with his hoof, and so he obediently laid down and closed his eyes, sighing as he felt the stallion press his body against his back.

“We need to make sure today goes perfect,” Silver Script whispered into his ear. “I’m going to give you a massage, and—”

“You haven’t given me a massage in forever,” Star Bright interrupted, only to coo once again as he felt the stallion lift himself up and return to his caresses.

“I spoke to Raven.” He heard Silver Script pause for a moment. “And I managed to get room service for breakfast. I gave her my chocolate chip recipe—”

“But that’s your secret recipe!” Star Bright gasped, only to melt into the pillow as he felt hooves rubbing his flanks.

“Raven is sworn to secrecy,” Silver Script whispered before nibbling Star Bright’s ear. “I made sure of that.”

Star Bright’s lips quivered as he felt the stallion’s confident hooves knead and mold against his back, his loin, then his croup. What felt like eons of tension drained from his body as he fought to contain a moan. Luna, if this is a dream, then don’t let me wake up, he thought as Silver Script’s hooves moved down to his stifle.

“S-Silvy—”

Silver Script ignored the stuttering and shushed him as he continued his ministrations.

“We’re going to have breakfast,” he whispered. “Then we’re going to go out to get you a new tie and coat that matches that pale blue mane of yours.” He paused. “Something like Luna’s mane. You are a star, after all. You need to shine just as bright.” He chuckled. “My Star Bright.”

Star Bright lifted his head to speak but groaned when he felt Silver Script’s hooves press against his barrel. He bit his lip, fearing that his dream would come to an end. He gasped when he felt Silver Script’s feathers brush against his muzzle.

“And guess what?” he asked as he tickled the stallion’s muzzle with his wing. “I found a place that serves curried oat cake.”

Star Bright stared at Silver Script in disbelief. “No.”

“Yes!” Silver Script said with a giggle. “The Tasty Treat. But before that, I got us tickets to Silver Frames.”

“The art gallery?” he asked as he bit his hoof to stop himself from moaning due to the way Silver Script pressed against his body.

“They have a featured artist this month,” The pegasus continued as he massaged his body. “Akhal Aalto.”

“How did you—” Star Bright began, but was cut off as Silver Script turned the stallion onto his side and began to press his hooves against the unicorn’s flanks.

“What matters is that we make this an unforgettable day for you, Starry,” the pegasus said, his wings starting to rise. “I’m going to make sure it’s perfect in every way.”

Star Bright turned towards the stallion, only to see that he had a wicked grin on his muzzle. As Silver Script began to wiggle his eyebrows, the unicorn’s eyes widened.

“Silvy, no!” he gasped and struggled playfully. “We can’t do that in the castle!”

“What are they gonna do?” Silver Script asked as he leaned in for a kiss. “Throw us in the dungeon?”

Star Bright felt a shiver run down his spine. What has gotten into you, he wondered as his partner’s hooves began to move towards dangerous uncharted territory. Still, he felt the adrenaline rush through his body as he felt the stallion kiss his neck.

“I can’t wait to—”

There was a sudden knock at the door. Star Bright groaned and tossed his head back, and he felt the weight of Silver Script’s head land on his barrel.

Horsefeathers,” the pegasus whispered through the stallion’s fur.

The voice called from the other side of the door. “Room service!”

“Coming!” Star Bright replied.

“If only…” the pegasus grumbled.

“Silvy,” he laughed as his partner lifted his head off of his body and pouted. “It’s okay. I’ll get the door, while you…” He gestured towards the stallion’s displayed wings. “Get your… wings… under control.”

The stallions jumped off the bed. Star Bright brushed a hoof through his mane as Silver Script stumbled around the room. He turned to the door, only to be stopped by Silver Script’s hoof on his shoulder.

“What is it?” Star Bright asked as he nudged his head towards the door.

“They won’t go to sleep until you kiss them goodnight,” Silver Script replied, blinking quickly as he pouted.

Star Bright rolled his eyes as he bit his lip. “We don’t have time.”

The knocking at the door continued. Star Bright returned his attention to Silver Script, who was now seated on his haunches, his wings flared out so far they touched the wall near the bathroom and brushed against the window shades. The pegasus simply stared up at him with puppy dog eyes.

“Ugh, fine,” Star Bright said. “Good night, Stud.” He kissed one wing. “Good night, Muffin.” He kissed the other.

Silver Script smiled and galloped into the bathroom as quickly as he could and slammed the door shut, leaving Star Bright to deal with room service. He shrugged his shoulders and ran his hoof through his mane again before his horn glowed and the door opened.

“Good morning,” Raven announced as she and Caliper entered the room, pushing a large cart with a tray. “Thank you for finally opening the door.”

Star Bright could tell that Raven was frazzled by the way she held the clipboard in her telekinetic grasp. He shook his head and smiled in her direction, but was confused when she brought out two index cards.

“As per the agreement,” She began while holding the two index cards separately. “The muffins have been made according to Silver Script’s specifications.”

“Specifications?” Star Bright asked, wincing as the tiny mare glared at him.

“We had two chefs work on Silver Script’s special chocolate chip muffin recipe, each given only half of it so neither would know how to make it themselves.”

Star Bright chuckled, ignoring how the mare rolled her eyes. He watched as Raven concentrated her magic on the index cards until they burst into flames.

“And now the recipe is gone,” Raven continued monotonously. “Now nopony will ever know the secret.”

“That sounds about right for him.”

Caliper pushed the cart towards Star Bright and lifted the tray, revealing a steaming batch of muffins alongside a pitcher of milk. He closed his eyes and took in a whiff of the aroma. He heard his stomach rumble, and so decided to grab a muffin. Just as his horn lit up, however, Raven cleared her throat.

“We need to go over your itinerary for today,” she said, pointing to the clipboard now levitating by her side.

“Oh, most of the day Silver and I will be in town taking in some sites.” He turned back to the muffin and sniffed it again before opening his mouth.

“Oh no,” Raven replied. “This won’t do at all.”

The muffin fell back onto the tray. “I’m sorry?” he asked.

“Don’t you remember your interviews?” she asked, adjusting her glasses. “Since you were so nervous about them, I made sure to spread them throughout the day so that you could recover from each one.”

Star Bright turned to face the bathroom door. “I cannot do that,” he said. “I have something much more important to do.” He turned back to Raven, unsure of the way she had raised her eyebrow at him. “Can’t you just push them to the end of the day?”

“Three back to back interviews just before the ceremony?” she said with a gasp.

“Are you okay with that?” he asked.

“Are you?”

Star Bright glanced over at the bathroom door again.

“I am.”

*****

The outside facade of the Silver Frames Art Museum didn’t look particularly inviting. In fact, when compared to the surrounding establishments, it looked downright intimidating: the way the smooth surface at the bottom of the foundation gave way to a series of small bricks piled one on top of the other, and with each pile of bricks separated by elongated pillars. Most of the ponies who passed them by didn’t even give the museum a second glance, but a few wandered in as Silver Script and Star Bright stood outside.

“It reminds me of the 69th Regiment Royal Guard Repository,” Star Bright said.

“The place where they hold the Maretoria’s Secret Fashion Show?” Silver Script asked, though when his husband looked at him with an odd stare, he chuckled. “What? The outfits are fabulous. Sometimes, they give earth ponies false wings.” He leaned in and tickled the stallion’s muzzle with his wing. “Maybe I could buy a pair and one night you could be my alicorn prince?”

“Shh,” Star Bright whispered as he covered the pegasus’ muzzle with his hoof and motioned to a nearby guard.

“Oh right,” Silver Script replied, gently pushing the stallion’s hoof down. “I forgot about your chaperone.”

“He’s not my chaperone,” Star Bright replied with an annoyed sigh. “Raven simply wanted to make sure that nothing stopped me from arriving back at Canterlot castle on time for the interviews.”

“You would think she would have found a way to spread the interviews out through the day,” Silver Script said as he turned towards the doors of the museum.

“Yes, it’s really sad.”

Silver Script paused for a moment before slowly turning his head back to Star Bright, whose head was now turned up to the sky, as though admiring the clouds.

“Starry?” he asked. “Are you okay?”

Star Bright’s gaze turned to face him, but immediately turned away again. “No, it’s fine. I’m…” He concentrated “I’m simply nervous about the interviews.”

A cart horn beeped, and Star Bright leapt at the sound. Silver Script immediately galloped towards him and wrapped his wings around the unicorn’s head.

“Forget about it,” he said as he kissed the stallion’s cheek. “Today is going to be perfect.” He kissed his other cheek and then pressed his muzzle against his. “Okay?”

The two locked eyes for a moment.

“Okay.”

Silver Script let his wings retract. The two stood at the bottom step of the museum, staring into each other’s eyes. For a moment, it seemed as though they were the only two stallions in the world, until Star Bright’s eyes narrowed, and his grin widened.

“Oh my stars,” he said as he began to wave. “I don’t believe it.”

Silver Script turned just in time to see two mares galloping towards them, grinning once he recognized them.

“I can’t believe we managed to run into you two!” Roseluck shouted as she leaned in to give Star Bright a crushing hug.

“I can’t wait for the ceremony!” Derpy cooed as she wrapped a leg around Silver Script’s neck. “What are you guys up to?”

“We’re about to go to see the works of Akhal Aalto,” Star Bright replied as he began to climb the steps to the museum.

“Oh, we want to go!“ Roseluck shouted.

“You need a ticket,“ Silver Script replied.

Roseluck lifted an eyebrow towards Star Bright. “You're our free ticket, aren't you?“

Star Bright sighed. “Ever the businessmare, aren't you?“

Roseluck began to follow him, the guard by her side. Silver Script and Derpy took to flight, flapping their wings slowly so as to stay behind the group.

“So what’s with the guard?” Derpy asked.

“Star has some interviews later on this evening, and he’s here to make sure we return on time.”

“I see.” Derpy stared at the guard for a few moments before she grinned. “I wonder if I could get a replica of their armor.”

“What would you need a Royal Guard uniform for?” Silver Script asked.

“It would be for Time Turner.”

“Okay,” he replied, still confused. “Why would he need it?”

Derpy said nothing in return, but instead chose to begin giggling maniacally. Silver Script blushed when he noticed the guard stop in his tracks for only a moment, but it was enough for the pegasus to see. Fortunately, none of the other ponies caught it.

As they reached the top of the steps, Silver Script began to fly faster to hold the door open, but the guard galloped ahead and used his magic to open the door.

“Oh, you don’t have to do that,” Star Bright said as he blushed and rubbed his leg.

“Nonsense,” the stallion replied. “It is my duty to ensure that your trip through town goes smoothly.

Silver Script’s feathers rustled. No, he thought, it’s mine.

“I thought that was your duty,” Derpy whispered loudly.

Silver Script pinched the bridge of his muzzle. “I swear, Derpy, you’re going to get us thrown in the dungeon.

Star Bright and Roseluck entered the museum, the pegasi followed right after, but Silver Script swore he saw the guard gaze narrow as they passed him by. He stopped for a moment to let the group go ahead a few steps before turning to the guard.

“You have to forgive my friend,” he said. “She’s… eccentric.”

The guard snorted in reply. Silver Script blushed and backed away from the guard to catch up with Star Bright and the others, who were already standing at the front desk next to a banner. As he was flying, however, he heard the sound of somepony coughing to him. When he turned to see who was trying to get his attention, he saw an old mare standing nearby, pointing to a sign that read NO FLYING. Silver Script blushed and returned to the floor before walking sheepishly to the group.

“To build an earthly paradise for ponies—Akhal Aalto, a retrospective.”

The gathered ponies turned to Roseluck as she read the banner out loud.

“They also have an exhibit featuring mare Impressionists of the modern age,” Derpy noted.

Everypony nodded their heads and began making their way through the museum, the sound of their hooves echoing on the checkerboard tile, the group stopping at every few paintings whenever something aroused their interest.

They arrived in a room surrounded by self portraits—a dozen pairs of eyes stared out at them, all with a similar indifferent expression, the only difference being the attire and background color. Silver Script trotted ahead, his focus on one painting in the corner of the room. The painting was of a mare in a white hat, wearing a green dress, but what caught his attention was that her lips were curved upwards in a faint smile.

“What’s this one?” Star Bright asked, placing a hoof on Silver Script’s shoulder.

“She went by the name Mare Castrot.”

“Did she die before finishing it?”

Silver Script shook his head. “No.” He pointed towards the bottom right corner. “This blue line is the canvas she’s painting on.” He pointed to either side of the top half of the painting. “See how these yellow streaks are meant to be light, and the gray on the right side is meant to be shadow? She’s turned away from the light.” He observed the painting further. “Look how energetic her brushstrokes are. She’s drawing herself towards the darkness, and still has such confidence.”

The pegasus stared at the picture for what seemed like hours, his mind trying to connect the painting with what he had been through. When he turned around, however, he saw that all of the ponies were simply tilting their heads in confusion at the painting. They look just like Starry’s coworkers in the cage.

Suddenly, Derpy began to chuckle, and Silver Script began to narrow his gaze.

“Silver,” she said as she trotted up to him. “I don’t think that’s right.”

“Oh?” he replied with a quirk of his eyebrow.

“Yeah, Mare Castrot’s brushwork was clearly more advanced than this.” She pointed at the painting. “None of her other works look this rushed. This was more likely just an exercise for her. These lines aren’t energetic, they’re just… inexperienced in the impressionist style.”

Silver Script smiled at the mare, surprised that anypony in the group would have known anything about the artist.

“When did you become an art critic?” he asked.

Derpy’s eyes slowly regained control so that she could see him with both eyes. “I’ve always loved to study ponies who are able to view the world differently.” She winced slightly. “I like knowing that other ponies can view the world… abnormally.”

Silver Script ignored the ponies who were attempting to approach them, and instead placed both of his hooves on her shoulders.

“You are not an abnormal pony in a world of normal ones.” He waited until she looked up at him. “You are an extraordinary pony in a world of ordinary ones.”

He pulled her into his embrace, but a moment later felt the hooves of both Star Bright and Roseluck around them. Slowly, they pulled apart, and Derpy smiled to each of them.

“Thanks,” she said, using a wing to wipe her eye. “I really needed that.”

“That’s what we’re here for, Derpy,” Star Bright replied. “Anytime you feel bad, just come to us.”

Roseluck nodded in agreement, though none of them noticed the way Silver Script bit his lip. At least, he thought nopony had seen him, until he turned to the guard whose gaze immediately went to the stallion’s muzzle. The moment the guard raised an eyebrow, Silver Script turned back to avoid his glare.

“Why don’t we head to the Akhal Aalto exhibit?” he asked, turning to Star Bright.

The group nodded in unison and made their way to the next wing over, though now Silver Script found himself walking next to the guard. He kept casting sideways glances to him, trying not to be too conspicuous.

“It’s funny how one painting can evoke so many emotions,” the guard whispered.

“Yeah, that’s what art does,” he replied. “A painting can make you feel happiness, sadness—”

“Guilt.”

Silver Script felt his chest grow ice cold. The guard, however, didn’t stop, but continued on with the group. The stallion’s wings instinctively opened as he prepared to fly, but instead, closed his eyes, shook his head, and continued walking behind, his head bent towards the floor.