• Published 1st Dec 2017
  • 2,673 Views, 26 Comments

MLP And The Legendary Assassin - DryvernX



The infallible Hit was on the hunt for the criminal Frost. But then a cosmic explosion happened, and sent both of them to a land inhabited by ponies

  • ...
2
 26
 2,673

Equestria's Disturbance

Author's Note:

This chapter takes place around the same time of the first chapter. Enjoy.

Equestria, Ponyville, Golden Oak Library, one hour ago

In the peaceful beautiful world, that's well known for it's name; Equestria. In said world lived various of majestic races, and with most of them knowing their power of friendship. The most well known race around was the ponies. They were separated in four various kinds; Earth Ponies, Pegasi, Unicorns, and finally the most rarest and powerful subspecies; Alicorns. The latter were also the leading members of the entire race, due to inhabiting the powers of all three subspecies's. They even had control over day and night itself.

In one of the more peaceful towns known as Ponyville, inside a large tree like house called the Golden Oak Library, a lavender Alicorn princess with dark purple mane who was once an ordinary unicorn studying friendship, even if she knew little about it at first, named Twilight Sparkle was sitting in her room reading one of her big books like she usually does.

"And then the brave dragon called Spike used the Crystal Heart to vanquish the evil King Sombra and save the Crystal Empire from another enslavement," She read. "Wow. The authors must have gotten a real hit on Spike since he saved the kingdom. He's becoming a real star on the Crystal Empire."

"I know right?" A young purple dragon walked up the stairs behind her. That was Spike, yes the exact same Spike from the book Twilight was reading. "I'm a true star there. They've even made crystal sculptures of yours truly." Spike revealed a couple of photos involving sculptures resembling himself.

Twilight shook her head, Spike would never let her forget that day since then. "Spike I would never forget your brave action. I've even received a story about you."

Spike smiled in response. "That was the day of my life. Just if only Rarity could just kis-" The young dragon quickly pulled his hands to his mouth. "I mean compliment me of course. Then that would've been a plus to my success."

"Yeah sure, anything you say Spike." She said, before she returned to reading the book. But before she could even finish her current page, a few knocks came from the door.

"I'll open." Said Spike. He headed down the stairs, and reached the door.

Once opened, a quick rainbow blur went through, sending a shockwave strong enough to knock Spike off his feet and knock him into one of the book shelves, while getting hit by a few books from said shelf as well. The lightning fast rainbow blur flew straight up the stairs, and directly into Twilight's room. Her hair got really messy from the wind created by the speed. Twilight glared up to see a blue pegasus with rainbow mane, she was known as Rainbow Dash, one of her best friends.

"Oh? Hi Rainbow Dash. I see you decided to crash my reading time right from the doorstep."

"I at least took the door this time, didn't i?" Laughed Rainbow Dash. "So what're you doing egghead? Reading another boring book as always?"

"Not exactly. I'm reading the story about Spike restoring the Crystal Empire, and freeing the inhabitants from King Sombra's tyranny."

"You do? Great times. I really kicked flank back then." Said Rainbow Dash while at the same time pretending to punch and kick invisible enemies. "Speaking of Spike, where is he?"

"Downstairs," Spike's voice called out. "With a few books on my head."

Both ponies ran down the stairs. They saw Spike with fallen books around him, struggling to get up while touching his head in pain.

"A little warning next time Rainbow Dash?" Spike said.

"What? You know i usually never back down my awesome introductions." Said Rainbow Dash who stroke a pose.

Twilight on the other hoof was helping Spike back on his feet. "Are you alright Spike?"

"All good Twilight. But i think i got a headache from this one."

The Alicorn princess turned her head toward Rainbow to give her a glare. "Rainbow Dash."

"Alright. Alright. I'm sorry that i rushed inside too quickly." Rainbow apologized. "Old habits just don't disappear out of thin air."

"Well then maybe you oughta consider gettin a new habit Rainbow Dash." A voice with a western accent said. Out from the door an orange pony mare with blond colored mane and tail walked inside. That was Applejack, who at this moment was not too proud of Rainbow Dash's actions.

"Oh hi Applejack. Glad you saw my new introduction."

"I noticed your introduction alright. But i ain't glad for it." Said Applejack in clear annoyance.

She looked at Spike who was still a bit dazed. "Ya could've done more than just hurt Spike. Ya could've send him a trip to a hospital bed. And that ain't pretty."

"Hey! I at least apologized." Argued Rainbow. The two mares butted heads with each other. That was their usual routine when something between them happens.

Twilight then appeared between them. She used her magic to break them up. "Stop it! Both of you!"

The two restrained mares were floating in the air by Twilight's magic. "Sorry."

Accepting their apology, Twilight used her magic to put them down gently. She looked to Applejack. "I understand your concern Applejack, but you shouldn't overreact over Rainbow's actions."

"I know Twilight. But we all know, Spike is still just a little baby dragon."

Spike took slight offense to that. "Hello! I'm standing right next to you."

The ponies ignored him much to Spike's annoyance. The baby dragon looked out from the door, where he noticed somepony familiar.

"Uhh... girls?" Said Spike.

That stopped the 3 ponies small discussion. "What is it Spike?" Twilight asked.

Spike pointed out of the door. A yellow pegasus mare with pink mane and tail running towards the library. None other than Fluttershy. Once close to the door, she was panting from exhaustion.

"Fluttershy!" Exclaimed everypony specially Rainbow Dash.

They ran up to her, to see if she was alright. "Are you okay Fluttershy? You seem to be in such a hurry." Rainbow Dash asked, whom was really concerned of her best friend's condition.

"I'm okay girls. It's just-"

"Did a Timberwolf attack ya?" Asked Applejack.

"No. I've just se-"

"Seen a Cockatrice? But they turn you to stone with a single glare." Spike interrupted.

Fluttershy had no chance to speak up. They weren't getting anywhere through this, so she finally raised her voice. "GIRLS!"

Her shouting stunned her friends. They knew if Fluttershy raised her voice about something, it's really important. "Sorry if i raised my voice. I just needed your attention, instead of being interrupted so much."

"Sorry Fluttershy." They all apologized with a sweat drop.

Now onto business. Twilight walked up to her. "What's the problem."

"It's not exactly a problem... i think."

"Then what is it?" Asked Rainbow Dash. "If it's a problem, then Rainbow Dash will solve it with her bare hoofs!"

"Don't push it to Trixie's ego." Snarked Applejack.

Fluttershy shook her head. "I don't know. I'm not sure if there's any trouble through the glowing light."

"Through the glowing light?!" They all but Fluttershy exclaimed.

Fluttershy nodded to them. "Yes. A light. It came from the Everfree Forest all of a sudden while i was feeding the hen in the yard."

"Maybe it's just a unicorn testing a few magic spells." Twilight assumed. "Whomever that was may not have known your address, and field tested a spell in a safe corner of the Everfree Forest."

"I don't know Twilight. I've seen many kinds of magic around Ponyville. The light i saw seemed nowhere close to ordinary magic. And the light seemed too bright to be a teleportation spell."

"Well whenever it was a magic test or a sudden incident, i say we all go there, and find out what the hay's going on there." Suggested Applejack. Rainbow Dash flew next to her, showing her agreement.

"Applejack is right. We should go there and see for ourselves. We might not know whatever that is, but we have to be certain." Rainbow Dash said. Soon everypony agreed. "Fluttershy? Show us the way.

Fluttershy gave them a nod. "I will. Please follow me."

They all ran out of the front door. Spike tried to follow, but was stopped by Rarity whom was the last one to leave the door. "Spike darling. Maybe one of us could be a dear and stay here to watch the library while we're off for a short while."

Spike barely hesitated to disobey her, and saluted. "I would love to Rarity."

"Very good Spike." Rarity said. She would then head out of the door to follow her friends. Once Spike closed the door, he looked back to the remaining mess still laying around.

"Wait. Does that mean i have to clean the mess up myself?" Spike realized. He could not resist himself from slapping his forehead. Spike sighed. He takes a broom, and prepared himself from doing a very boring chore known as; cleaning.


Fluttershy's cottage. Close to Everfree Forest

Fluttershy had as quickly as possible led her friends back to her cottage. She paused the running when they reached her backyard, which where the hen house was located. Fluttershy stepped up close to the .

"I was feeding my hen near the fence during my usual feeding routine," She started. Next she pointed to the entrance for the forest nearby. "And next a sudden light just shined from this part of the forest."

"So now we know where it's located." Said Twilight. "It might not be so big. We can just have two or maybe three of us go check-"

"I call dibs on checking it out first!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "It might be something cool."

"Or something that might get a certain loudmouth in trouble if she charges in without reason." Applejack smirked. Everypony but Rainbow Dash couldn't snicker a little.

Pinkie Pie jumped up in excitement. "Oh. I wanna go check! I wanna go check! It might be somepony who wanna party!"

"Pinkie. Are you even certain that it's somepony?" Rarity pointed out.

"Nope. But i have a hunch that whomever was from that light from earlier is somepony who can think."

Twilight sighed. "Look. If we can't decide who goes in, then why don't we just all?"

Everypony nodded, as they've come to an agreement. Rainbow Dash flew up, and prepared herself for a big charge. "Okay then slowpokes, i'll be the first who gets there."

Rainbow charged into the forest. Applejack sighed, and followed on pursuit. Everypony else followed Applejack's example and followed.

They were now inside the forest, charging through vines, branches, mud on the ground, and anything else that got in their way during their run.

"Twilight? We may be close to where the light originated from." Said Fluttershy, who turned to Twilight on her left side. "The light wasn't that strong when i first saw it, so it shouldn't be far."

Twilight nodded to her. "Come on girls. We're almost there."

They now all reached an empty area in the forest. There were a lot of sunlight as there were no tall trees to block the sun. The ponies looked all around the place. There were no twigs on the ground, no black markings of magic attempts anywhere, nor any sign of life around this area.

"That's weird. This place is all empty." Said Twilight.

"Aw come on! Was all this coming over here all for nothing?" Rainbow Dash complained. She was pretty excited to see if there was any excitement in checking this area.

"Or maybe whichever made the light just walked away. They might've had something else on their plans."

"I'm not actually certain. There's no sign of magic around here. And if there were any magic testing, there should probably be a few burning marks surrounding this place." Said Rarity.

"Awww. I was gonna plan a party for this pony, or zebra perhaps. But either way, i was gonna plan out a party."

"I just don't understand. A light from the forest just disappearing? That's quite a mystery." Wondered Twilight.

While everypony was confused, Fluttershy took a look around the surroundings. She wanted to cool off her curiosity over the weird light that happened to her this day. She looked to the edge of the forest. There she started to notice something really strange behind the shadows from the trees.

She noticed something tall and dark. It seemed to be an unknown two legged bipedal being. She couldn't get a clear look of it due to the shadows surrounding it, but she did notice a long dark leather running down it's two legs, that seemed similar to a jacket. Before she could get more descriptions of the unknown individual, it started to disappear through the forest at a fast pace. It was soon out of sight. Fluttershy was both confused and uncertain of what she just saw.

"What was that? Is it a mysterious unknown species? Or is it-?"

She was soon interrupted by Twilight. "Fluttershy? We've decided to go back to your cottage. It might not be safe here anytime soon."

Fluttershy looked back to Twilight. "Oh? Okay Twilight."

Twilight noticed Fluttershy being a little insecure. "Are you okay Fluttershy? Did you see something?"

"Well... i'm not certain, but i think i noticed something from right over there." Fluttershy explained. She pointed to the edge of the forest, where she previously noticed the unknown individual.

"Really? You can tell me more when we're out of here." Said Twilight. Now they all started to head out, following the same path they got in with. Fluttershy walked the slowest of the 6, while she were looking to the same direction where she last saw what she didn't really know what it was.

"What was that thing? Is it a creature from the Everfree Forest?" She thought. "Or was that thing... connected to the mysterious light?"