• Published 11th Jan 2018
  • 6,587 Views, 294 Comments

The 4000 Year Old Virgin - Harmlesskitten13



4000 years isn't too old to still be a virgin...right?

  • ...
27
 294
 6,587

Chapter 2

Changeling Queen courtship rituals are considerably different when compared to nearly every other known sapient species. While many cultures use warfare as a means of showing one's prowess and desirability, the royalty of Changelings see open combat as the only way of proving one's worth. Special liturgical armor is made up for each Queen, and she wears it both during the fray and the later mating process, although exceptions do occur. The armor is usually inscribed with both symbols important to the Queen, and represent the new dynasty she intends to create. -The Rise of the Changeling Queendom, Vol. I by Works Cited


Here she was: rock bottom. The lowest of the low. A place in her life that she wouldn't wish upon her worst enemy. A place where only the most miserable and pitiful beings must go, a place which leaves an indelible mark of shame upon all who experience it. The kind of stain that inevitably invades the rest of one's life, blotting out any and all rays of happiness. It was...moving back in with one's mother.

Chrysalis glowered at the door to her old bedroom, as one would at a mortal enemy. This couldn't be happening, could it? She was Chrysalis! Future Queen of Queens! She deserved an ornate throne, surrounded by the finest stolen luxuries, not this. The young Queen hung her head in shame as the door slowly opened. Yup. Just like she had left it.

A modest room spread out before her. In the corner, a twin-sized bed. Just big enough for one, which was fine. Really. She didn't need a bigger bed, because reasons. Next to it was a little worn night stand, with an ugly teal lamp on top. Sitting underneath was an old phonograph, the needle still embedded in a record, and the headphones plugged in. Wait, if that was still there, was her-yup, it sure was. Above the bed, affixed to the ceiling with tape and pushpins, was a poster of one of her favorite bands from back in the day. Sure, most philistines would say that "The Crimson Ants" weren't that good, or that they just screamed obscenities in the hopes of sounding 'punk,' but Chrysalis knew better. That was real music. It spoke to her. It didn't judge her, or make fun of her when she had braces for five non-consecutive years. No, it understood the real her. Of course, it didn't hurt that the lead singer was cute, and got her through some lonely nights during her younger years. And older years.

On the opposite side of the room sat a dusty desk, and a creaky stool next to it. She grimaced. That stupid stool and that stupid desk had stupidly supported her while she had to do her stupid homework for stupid high school because her stupid mom had made her go to a stupid Equestrian school to gather stupid intelligence. And now? Now she had homework again. To the left of the desk was a bookcase, filled with records and old por-books. Definitely books. Not disguised smut. Books.

She closed the door behind her with a sigh. Who knows? Maybe Twilight will reject her stupid love letter, and she'll have her new hive in no time! Or...

Or maybe Twilight accepts it. What if she does? What if she's one of those ponies that's normal in the streets and a freak in the sheets?! You know the kind! Hey, wasn't she a librarian or something?! Oh jeez, librarians are ALWAYS into the bizarre stuff! It's scientific fact! Oh jeez, oh jeez. What if she not only likes the letter, but straight-up falls in love with her over it?! It'd make the decapitation awkward, that's for sure. And that's the best part! Or so she's been told. Or what if she meets up for the battle, but goes overboard, and annihilates the future Queen of Queens?! The whole bloodline stops, then the species dies out! No. This can't happen. There's only one way to make sure that not only does she NOT have to go on some awkward first date, but also gets her hive!


Dominatus sighed. Her day was already going to be stressful enough in dealing with her daughter, but this was too much. She'd give up her position, her wealth, her power, and all the love in the universe if she could get away with avoiding ONE status meeting. Just one! But no. There were fourteen departments, and all fourteen were required to give an hour-long status report every week. These reports were required to keep the Queen of Queens in the know, as it were. Without them, the hive would suffer immensely, or so she'd been taught. It was something her mother had taught her, and her mother before her. As the head of cartography gave his report, ostensibly about nothing even remotely important, the Queen of Queens gently leaned over to her assistant.

"Alpha-6820, how much longer does Gamma-1104 have on his report?" she whispered. The drone leafed through a few papers on his clipboard.

"Sixteen more pages, so by my estimate...approximately forty-eight minutes." Dominatus sneered. Forget protocol and tradition; she needed a break! The Queen politely cleared her throat, stopping the reporting drone mid-sentence.

"Yes, my Queen of Queens? Is there something wrong?" The royal took on a grateful expression.

"No, Gamma-1104, there is nothing wrong. With that said, while I do appreciate the effort you have taken in order to be as...thorough as you are in your reports, unfortunately I may have to cut your time short today." The drone's ears drooped.

"Ah. Y-yes, your Majesty of Majesties. Would you prefer I return at a later time to finish my report?" the head cartographer asked. Dominatus blanched.

"No, no. That won't be necessary. Perhaps you could summarize your report in a few sentences?" she offered, gesturing with her hoof. Gamma-1104's ears perked up.

"Of course, your Highness of Highnesses! Um. Alright. In a few sentences?" he asked. The Queen nodded once. "After re-mapping the borders of the Crystal Empire, as well as what remains of the Griffon Empire, we have discovered that nothing has changed. This is despite my initial beliefs that the politically-based nautical borders had shifted by zero-point-zero-zero-zero-nineteen percent within the last quarter. Is that informing enough, my Queen of Queens?" Dominatus smiled.

"Oh, it was most informative, Gamma-1104. Thank you for your succinctness. I look forward to your next report." The drone bowed deeply, gathered his many maps and papers, and left the throne room. As soon as the door was closed, the Queen sighed and looked to her faithful assistant.

"Alpha-6820, who is next to give a report?" she asked.

"Head Cartographer Gamma-1104 was the last for today, my Queen of Queens." the drone responded, crossing a name off the list on his clipboard. "Would you like to know the status of Queen Chrysalis of the Badlands Hive?" Dominatus opened her mouth in shock.

"Yes, please." she responded with a knowing smile. Alpha-6820 seemed to know what she wanted before she even wanted it. A Queen couldn't ask for a better assistant.

"According to all reports, she has remained in her bed chambers since after you met with her for tea at oh-nine-hundred this morning, my Queen of Queens. Shall I fetch her for you?" the drone replied. The royal shook her head in response.

"No, thank you. And I think that should be all for today, Alpha-6820. Enjoy the rest of the night." Dominatus said, rising from her throne. The drone bowed, before flying off through a hidden door.

"She's been hiding out in her room all day, hmm? I hope she's actually been writing those love letters, and not just listening to that noise she calls music...or worse." The elder Queen thought with a frown. "Well, I suppose there's only one way to find out."


It had taken hours upon hours, but she had done it: Chrysalis had written five love letters that were off-putting enough to make the Princess of Friendship reject her immediately, but also sneakily good enough to convince her mother that she wasn't just trying to weasel out of this whole 'dating' thing. It was almost a shame, really. After all that effort, only one of her works of art would be chosen to fulfill her master plan. Suddenly she was startled by a knocking on her door.

"Hello, Chryssi, how have you been? Your letters are done, I hope?" sang the Queens of Queens as she entered. Chrysalis swiveled around with a scowl.

"Mom! I thought we agreed that you would ask before coming in!" she said, trying to project an air of authority. After all, this room was Chrysalis' sovereign territory, and intruders could not be tolerated.

"I agreed to no such thing. As I recall, you demanded that after I caught you in a compromising position, oh, 1800 years ago or so? And I told you that it was my hive, and I would go where I please, when I please, how I please." Her mother tittered in response. "Anyway, did you finish your letters like I asked?"

The younger Queen straightened on her stool. "I did. And I think you'll be most pleased with them." she replied, flashing a toothy grin. Dominatus smirked.

"Oh, I'm sure. Let's see them." she said, telekinetically retrieving them from the desk. Her smirk quickly turned to a frown as she read the first letter. Her eyes darted back and forth, reading each letter quickly. Finishing the final sheet, she lowered the papers, revealing a piercing glare. Her nostrils flared as she took short, ragged breaths, and her horn glowed red.

All of a sudden, Chrysalis didn't feel so confident anymore.

"THIS. WHAT. IS. THIS." the elder royal demanded, shaking the papers in her magic. Her daughter shrunk away, refusing to look her in the face.

"Um...it's the...the letters you wanted me to write...to...Twilight Sparkle?" the Queen choked out. Dominatus scowled at her progeny.

"Did you actually write 'YO BB LEMME SMASH' as the opener to one of your letters?! What does that even mean?! It sounds like absolute gibberish! And this! THIS! When did I EVER teach you that saying something as grotesque as 'Let me shoot my eggs into your mouth.' would help you do anything except repulse those around you?! I...I can't believe you! All day, ALL DAY you spent on this! And this is the best you can come up with?! This kind of failure genuinely makes me wonder if I actually hatched you, or if some lesser Queen replaced my real heir with a fake!" the elder Queen exploded. She sat on Chrysalis' bed, trying to slow her breathing. She rubbed the sides of her head and closed her eyes. In an instant, the five sheets were ash. Soon, all that could be heard was the labored, heavy gasping as the Queen of Queens attempted to understand the insanity that the future leader of all Changelings had written. She stayed like this for several minutes, before looking back up at her terrified daughter, and took one final deep breath.

"Okay, Chryssi. I um, I lost my temper there. For some reason, I believed you were capable enough to write a simple love letter, when, clearly, you are not. And that's my fault. I accept the blame for it. You obviously require a more...guided approach to this. So, tomorrow I'm going to leave the minutiae to Alpha-6820, and you and I are going to spend the day together. We'll...we'll hammer this thing out-"

"N-" Chrysalis interjected.

Her mother magically snapped her mouth shut. "WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS TOGETHER." Dominatus continued through gritted teeth. "I will help you write the love letter, we will decide on a proper gift, and we will pick out proper attire for you. TOGETHER. And you will thank me at the end of it all. Do you understand?" Chrysalis, her mouth still magically sealed, simply nodded her head.

"Good. Good." the elder stated. "Now. You're going to go to bed, and we are going to be up nice and early tomorrow. I can't afford to take more than one day off, lest the hive suffer for it, so we must make tomorrow count." And with that, Dominatus stood from the bed, and silently left the room. The door closed with a slam, and Chrysalis was again alone.

"Well." the young Queen sniffled. "That could have gone better."


Despite the less-than-ideal happenings prior to bed, Chrysalis actually slept rather well, all things considered. Sure, the bed was smaller than she remembered, and her pillow not as comfy as the one in her last hive, but it was a good, solid sleep. She even had that one dream she liked, where she conquered Equestria, and even had her own personal seraglio! Too bad it all came to a screeching halt. More screech than halt, though.

"RISE AND SHINE, LOVE BUG! WE'RE GETTING YOU A DATE TODAY!" came an ear-splitting voice. Was that...her mother? It sounded almost...happy? Admittedly, it had been far too long since Chrysalis had heard her mother's 'happy' voice, so it was entirely possible that it was all just a feint to lull her into a false sense of security, but still. Happy.

"Ugh, what year is it?" she whined, rubbing her eyes. Whatever time it was, it was way too early to be this cheerful. Sure enough, her mother was standing over her, with a mad grin plastered on her face. Giving a sneer, Chrysalis grunted as she turned away from her mother, covering her head with a blanket. Dominatus' smile grew even larger as she raised a wooden spoon and metal bucket. Hovering it just above her daughter's head, she violently thrashed the spoon back and forth on the inside of the bucket, releasing a horrific clanging noise. The young Queen crashed to the floor, clutching her ears.

"JEEZ-O-PETE, MOM! ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME DEAF?!" she screamed.

Her mother simply stood over her, put the makeshift alarm clock away, and kept smiling. "I'm just so excited for you! You get to cross into motherhood soon, as well as become a true Queen! Last night I was thinking about how I could help you, and it made me think of my dating days! I know exactly what we're going to do! You are going to LOVE today!" Chrysalis didn't respond; using her nightstand, she pulled herself to a wobbly standing position. Her mother passed a mug of black coffee. As she took a sip, she cringed; it was ice-cold.

"Come on, come on! Drink faster! We have a whole day ahead of us!" the excited elder Queen declared, tipping the mug up. Chrysalis choked as she drank as much as she could.

"There! You've had your coffee! I want to show you something!" Dominatus giggled. It made her daughter nervous. She hadn't seen her mother this giddy in, well, ever. Anyone that chipper this early should not be trusted; it was scientific fact. Nevertheless, she followed her mother into the Royal Bedchambers, or as the ancient script above the door read, "The Room With the Leech-Free Bed". Technically true, but somebody really needed to change the script on those one of these days to something a little more regal.

The Royal Bedchambers was not nearly as ornate and incredible as the atrium. This is not to say that it did not have its grandeur, however: to the left, priceless crystal orbs containing information only available to a Queen's eyes sat on beautifully adorned shelves. To the right, a large closet, filled with various ceremonial garbs, passed down from generation to generation. Next to the door was a vanity, with different bits and bobs of jewelry that its owner had collected over the centuries. And in the center, an enormous canopy bed. The bed posts alone were easily twice the height of Chrysalis. Each post was made of ivory, with thousands of intricate designs carved into each one. Sitting on the bed were three boxes, all different sizes and shapes. The smallest was a cube made of South Zebrican Bloodwood, with timeworn runes carved into the sides. The largest was flat and long, and made of dyed flyder silk, stretched and formed by master artists into a rigid shape. The final container was a simple, small cardboard box. Rectangular in shape, and bearing the faded symbol of some company long gone. It was bound shut with twine.

Dominatus giggled like a child as she closed and locked the door behind her. She took a calming breath, and sat down on the bed. "Okay! So! Last night I was thinking about the awful job you did writing those letters. Just awful. But then I thought 'How could I help her? What could I give her to help?' And it hit me! My old courtship gear!" the Queen exclaimed, gesturing towards the boxes next to her. "You have no idea how much tail this stuff used to get me when I was your age!" she stated with a lecherous smile. Her daughter leaned away from the bed.

"Mom, how many times have I begged you to not tell me about your love life?" Chryaslis asked, giving the boxes a sideways glance. Her mother chuckled.

"As many times as I've told you that I don't care." she responded with a smirk. Turning to the silken box, she removed the lid, revealing a suit of battle armor. The armor itself was a collection of thin plates, connected by metal rings. Many of the plates had embedded sharpened studs, and the ends of some were honed to a fine degree. Her daughter snickered.

"Seriously, Mom? You wore THAT?" she said, making no attempt to hide her laughter. Dominatus frowned.

"What's wrong with my courtship armor?" She said, the indignity obvious in her voice.

Her daughter chuckled some more. "Oh, I don't know, maybe it's the shoulder pads that haven't been in fashion for thousands of years, or the color, or the fact that if it looks this bad in the light here, I shudder to think what it would look like in natural sunlight."

Her mother gave her an unamused stare. "Yes. Well. I happen to know that your father thought it looked good in 'natural sunlight!' Come to think of it, he enjoyed it in the moonlight, as well." she replied wistfully. Chrysalis made a gagging sound. "Anyway, whether the style is in vogue at the moment is irrelevant. The reason I brought it out is to show you what you should be going for. You can't just slap on some armor and think it will attract a mate! You want something that's light, yet strong. Dark, yet shimmering. Sharp and angled, yet soft and curvy. Menacing, yet flowy!" Her daughter scrunched her nose.

"'Menacing, yet flowy?' What does that even mean? And why can't I just wear my crown?" she whined.

Her mother tsk-ed. "Because I said so, dear. Besides, you always look so good in armor!"

"Mom, the last time I wore any sort of 'decorative' armor was for prom!" Chrysalis exclaimed. Her mother magically pinched her cheek.

"I know, and you looked absolutely darling in it!" she said with a smile. Her daughter looked off into the distance.

"Yeah, but everybody laughed at me...like, more than usual. And then there was that whole bucket of blood thing, which only made them laugh more..." she said in a far-away voice.

"Well, nobody will laugh at you in your new armor, so don't worry!" Dominatus said, as she held her old ensemble up in the light.

"...I mean, I'm not complaining about the blood; it was pigs' blood, and that stuff is pretty tasty! But...I don't think they meant to give me a snack..." Chrysalis said, with a worried look on her face. "And are janitors allowed to lock you in a storage closet for days? I don't think so, but I never really paid attention in law class..." Her monologue was cut short by her mother clopping her hooves in front of her face.

"Hey! Pay attention! Do you want this to happen or not?" her mother demanded. She looked away.

"Not really, no." the young Queen replied dismissively. "To be honest, I'd rather just take the drones and leave."

"Well, too bad. You're going to get some beautiful armor before the end of the day, like it or not." The Queen of Queens stated matter-of-factly.

"Oh, come on, Mom! Can't I just get some armor off the rack? It's all the same anyway!" she said, waving a leg in the air. Her mother placed a hoof to her barrel, looking hurt.

"Nononono, young lady! You are NOT going to look like some common grunt! Especially not for your first date! If you're not interested in mine, then we'll get your armor from somewhere a bit more...special. At least more special than the Quartermaster's office." Dominatus said with a devious smile. Her daughter gave a quizzical look before it dawned on her.

"Oh no, you don't mean-"


The room that held the Royal Clothier was, in a word, colorful. Some would say that it bordered on gaudy, or that trying to fit every known color into one enclosed space didn't leave a good impression, but it did leave an impression. One could say that's the point of art, and if that was the case, then the room certainly succeeded.

"Blech. It's like someone threw up a box of crayons in here." Chrysalis said, wincing as she entered the room. Her mother followed behind her, calling out for the owner of the multi-hued chamber.

"Mu! Mu! Are you here?" A little black head poked out from a storage space in the back.

"Of course, my Queen of Queens! To what do I owe the pl-oh! And my Queen! Goodness, I'm just being graced by all sorts of nobility today, aren't I?" the little changeling said, bowing before the two royals.

"Ah, my favorite royal fitter! How have you been, Mu?" the elder Queen asked. The changeling pulled out a bottle of bitterroot wine, poured three glasses, and passed two of them to his visitors. Chrysalis took a polite sip, and gagged. She was expecting it to be bitter, of course, but the astringency was so extreme she had to steal a glance at the bottle it came from to make sure it wasn't actually acid.

"Oh, I have been wonderful, your majesty! I've been working on a way to magically infuse your elite guards' armor to become resistant to all forms of offensive arcane spells!" He said, gesturing for the three of them sit down on a nearby couch. Dominatus gave an approving nod.

"That is excellent to hear, Mu! I look forward to seeing the final product!" she said with a smile. "So there is a special reason that we're visiting you today. You may want to mark this day on your calendar, because it's a day we never believed would happen. It's practically a miracle!"

Mu took a drink from his glass. "You finally convinced Occultatum that velour track suits are not Queenly attire?" Dominatus snorted.

"I said miracle, not impossibility." She took another sip from her glass. "No, little Chryssi is going on a date! Finally!"

The little clothier gasped and looked at an extremely bored Chrysalis. "Congratulations, dear! So, who's the lucky creature? When's the battle?"

She opened her mouth to answer, but her mother cleared her throat, stopping her. "Ahem. Well. We haven't gotten to that point yet, which is why we're here. Chryssi needs some armor."

"Is that right? Well, I'd be honored to do it!" Mu set his glass down, and began walking around the younger Queen, 'hmm-ing' as he went. Chrysalis arched an eyebrow.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

Without answering her, he looked up at the Queen of Queens. "What species is she going after?"

"Pony. A recently-crowned Princess." she replied, before taking another sip of the acidic wine.

"Ah. That would make sense, wouldn't it? She always did prefer the equine form." The tailor took another lap around the callow Queen, before tsk-ing. "Well, there's really not much to work with here."

Chrysalis whipped her head around. "EXCUSE ME?! Just what is that supposed to mean?!" Her mother shushed her.

"Quiet, dear. He's working!" she said with a mischievous grin.

Mu took a final lap before sitting down back down on the couch. "Hmph. Between the flat flank, the droopy thorax, and altogether unimpressive face, I'd say I have my work cut out for me." he said, finishing his glass.

Chrysalis could feel the heat rising in her face, more out of anger than embarrassment, for once. "WHAT?!" she yelled. Her mother chuckled.

"He's right, you know. You do have a droopy thorax. Maybe if you spent more time fighting than feeding, you would be a bit more toned." she said after filling her glass with more wine.

The young Queen sat a little higher on the couch, the indignity showing in her posture. "I look perfectly normal for a Queen, thank you! My image projects fear and respect! It says that none should even think about crossing me, lest they be destroyed!"

Mu refilled his glass. "No, it says 'I've spent the last five thousand Friday nights alone with a tub of ice cream and a trashy romance novel."

Chrysalis threw her glass to floor, shattering it. She angrily stood from the couch and charged her horn. "YOU DARE SPEAK TO A CHANGELING QUEEN THAT WAY?! YOU FORGET YOUR STATION, YOU LITTLE WHELP! I SHOULD FEAST ON YOUR FLESH AND LEAVE THE HEAD ON A PIKE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS!"

"CHRYSALIS J. SUCCEDANEUM! You will NOT speak to Mu that way!" Dominatus shouted, tugging at her daughter's ear to bring her back down to the couch.

"But Mooooom!" she whined.

"Don't you 'but mom' me! Mu is a trusted family friend! And more importantly, he's right." Chrysalis began to protest again, but a stern look from her mother prevented it. Mu raised from the couch.

"I mean no offense, your Highness. I'm merely stating what I see." he said, bringing over another glass of wine.

Giving a look as unamused as she could muster, Chrysalis took the beverage. "And what you see is a fat loser?" The little clothier took a sip.

"Well, those aren't the words I would use, but...yes." he replied, looking away. The young Queen ground her teeth in frustration, as her mother put her foreleg around her.

"Oh, buck up! Mu will make you an incredible set of armor, and after you send your letter and picture to-"

Mu turned back to face the two royals. "Picture? What picture?" he asked. Dominatus gave a sheepish look.

"Oh, right. I almost forgot. Mu, we're going to need something else in addition to the courting armor." the Queen of Queens said. "Mu, we're...and by 'we' I mean 'her'...going to need some lingerie." The tailor raised his brow in surprise.

"Lingerie? What would you need lingerie for?" he asked, cocking his head in confusion.

The elder Queen cleared her throat. "Well...since the object of Chryssi's affection is a pony, she needs to attract her in a way that ponies do now. And, apparently, that way is through the sending of a picture that involves oneself...in a compromising position." Mu dropped his wine glass in shock. "So for that picture, I was thinking something like a form-fitting torsolette made of magicaeferro, with a chain-mail negligee to cover it. Ideally her ovi would be visible, as a means of enticing her target."

Chrysalis was trying to sink into the couch, hoping against hope that somehow the fabric would begin to swallow her whole, leaving nothing but a wine glass. And with any luck, she would end up literally anywhere else in the universe right now. Come to think of it, it didn't even have to be this universe. Any universe. Any universe that didn't require her to sit next to her mother while she talked about her private parts to a drone she hadn't seen in decades.

Mu stood stationary. "M-my Queen of Queens? I'm...I'm not sure I would be comfortable doing this. To be completely honest, the idea of creating a piece of lingerie so your daughter can send some Equestrian royal a lewd picture is upsetting to me. Is...is that how ponies attract each other?" Dominatus nodded. "I...I don't know how to feel about that. I-wait. Who is the royal that she desires? It's not that Prince Charming fellow, is it?"

The elder Queen shook her head. "No, fortunately. And to my knowledge, he's barely royalty. And I highly doubt he'd be worthy of her; he seems to be a bit of a dandy." Chrysalis, out of her daze, spoke up.

"For once, I agree with my mother. I wouldn't touch that fop if he was the last royalty left on the planet. And I do NOT 'desire' Twilight! She's literally the only Equestrian royal that isn't a freak or a weirdo!" she exclaimed.

Her mother rolled her eyes. "Oh, drop the act, dear. Nobody believes you." She took a final sip, finishing her glass. "Mu, trust me, I'm no more comfortable with this sort of thing than you are. In my personal opinion, if you're going to do something as crass as send a picture like that, without even being in a relationship, you may as well just assume the position and beg to be rutted." The tailor nodded his head in agreement.

"Yes, it is most certainly a trampy thing to do."

Chrysalis whipped her head back and forth between the two changelings flanking her. "Wait. If it's such a 'trampy' thing to do, why are you making me do it?!" The elder Queen looked away from her daughter.

"Because, dear, it's how Equestrian society works these days! Keep with the times! And besides, we need to show this Princess that you're hip and with-it!" she said with a grin.

"Hip?' 'With-it?'" Chrysalis scrunched her nose. "You're so old, you know that?" Dominatus shushed her daughter.

"Hush. Mu, I wish I didn't have to put you through this, but if anyone can turn my fat loser of a daughter into a shining beacon of power and authority, it's you. What do you say?" The little clothier looked thoughtful.

"Well...it certainly won't be easy, that's for sure. But why not? I do so love a challenge." he said, bringing out his tape measure. "My Queen, if you'll step over to that platform, I'll take your measurements."

Chrysalis groaned in response. "Aw, c'mon, do I have to?" she said, rising from the couch. As she walked over to a small stage bordered by mirrors, Mu gave a smirk.

"Yes, you have to. That is, unless you want your armor to sag and droop like your-" Suddenly his mouth was snapped shut by magic.

"Finish that sentence and I'll throw you through a window. Got it?" Chrysalis threatened, glaring daggers at the small drone. The tailor nodded, and got to work. For all his faults, she had to admit that he was definitely a master at his craft. Before she realized, he was done measuring, and already sketching out ideas on a nearby pad of paper. Dominatus stood from the couch, and finished her glass. Again.

"Well, Mu, thank you very much for your hospitality, and for dealing with my daughter. We will be back tomorrow to see what you've come up with." she said, steadying herself with the arm of the couch. The clothier bowed.

"As always, it was my pleasure. I look forward to seeing you again." She smiled in agreement.

"And I, you. Until tomorrow. Come, Chryssi! We still have much to do!" The young Queen walked over in a huff.

"Mom, please stop calling me that! I'm not a child." she muttered. Her mother just laughed as the two left the drone to his work. As they entered the hallway, Chrysalis began walking away from her mother.

"Excuse me, but where do you think you're going?" the elder asked her daughter. Without turning around, the young Queen kept walking as she answered.

"To my room, to sleep for the rest of the day and hope that I forget everything that just happened."

Dominatus harumphed. "I. Don't. Think. So!" she said as she teleported in front of her daughter. "We still need to write a love letter, and this time it's going to be a good one. And to do that, we must discover your crush's preferences." Chrysalis gave a smarmy look.

"Oh, sure. Why don't I just pass her a note that says 'Do you like me? y/n'" she sneered. "And also? She's not my crush! Stop saying that!" Her mother waved a dismissive hoof.

"Don't be stupid; it's unbecoming of a Queen. If we're going to do this, we're going to do it right. So next stop: Intelligence!" Dominatus announced, dragging her daughter behind her.

"Ugh, fine. But could you promise me that you'll show a little more discretion than you did with that clothing drone? It was SO embarrassing!"

Author's Note:



Chapter 2!

So, I wrote the beginning of this chapter with the intention of just following the thoughts in Chrysalis' mind. Like mine Like many peoples' her mind jumps from thought to thought, and when under stress, conclusions are usually half-baked and poorly-thought out. I hope that's the impression you had when you read it. If not, please let me know how I could improve it!

As before, if you love it, are indifferent, or just plain hate it, let me know and thanks for reading!