• Published 31st Aug 2019
  • 417 Views, 2 Comments

Marked as Boring - annamaetion



Not everypony gets exciting cutie marks, like in magic or alchemy, what of those marked for life as ‘boring’?

  • ...
 2
 417

Chapter 2

Turns out that just about everypony thought that either they or someone they know was on to ‘the next big thing, no really’ which provided a lot of false leads.

One of the more memorable ponies had been a gray stallion with a yellow mane. Incidentally, his mane, snout, and a large portion of torso were absolutely covered in a sticky purple jam. His idea involved a solution by which one could more easily remove jam from their mane.

Which begged the question of why he’d not liberally applied said solution to himself.

So that didn’t end up panning out.

There was also a memorable run in with the rather notorious ‘Berry Punch’ who wanted his help patenting a beverage which Sans estimated to be about 75% alcoholic in nature.

Sans had simply pointed her to the nearest patent office and made himself scarce before she somehow roped him into an enterprise running a bar or some such similar boondoggle.

Research at the Ponyville library proved interesting, as the librarian was also the newly appointed Princess of Friendship.

Princess Sparkle was most hospitable, though her suggestion that he ‘can call me Twilight’ went roundly ignored. Imagine, addressing royalty by their first name, why the very idea! She was of course more than welcome to address him in whatever manner she saw fit, so it only briefly distressed him to be called by his first name.

Honestly, the youth of today were so informal, but he wasn’t going to turn the tide of progress—in fact Sans had long since given up on being addressed as Mr. Smirk. Really not worth the effort correcting everypony after all, not an optimal use of his time when all was said and done anyhow.

Regardless, Princess Sparkle gave him an extensive list of potential leads, and another list detailing ponies that weren’t interested in the optimization of their ideas. Sans noticed the name ‘Rarity’ circled and underlined on that list.

Princess Sparkle made a very good impression on Sans as being exactly the sort of organized and detail oriented individual that he’d want in a position of power.

However Sans didn’t end up finding anything he thought promising for him in Ponyville. Not to say that there weren't any ideas, perish the thought! Just nothing that struck Sans as something that needed his particular set of skills applied.

He was actually beginning to wonder if he’d ever find exactly what he was looking for, or if he might have set the bar too high.

That’s when he saw it.

Right as he was sure he’d exhausted every avenue, turned every stone, just to come up empty. He stumbled across a party, and saw an absolutely genius gag implemented. Honestly, who ever thought of putting the candy inside of the bat instead of the piñata?

Genius, plain and simple.

He watched as the party pony received multiple requests for a copy of the gag for themselves, and the pony in question hope out loud that he’d somehow manage to make one for everypony who wanted one.

‘Somehow manage’ eh? Well, if Sans had his way and the party pony acquiesced to his plans, they would manage.

Author's Note:

I feel I should clarify that this story is centered around Sans and Cheese. Maybe if I get similarly motivated I’ll do an introspective on the Pie family.