• Published 5th Mar 2020
  • 373 Views, 2 Comments

The Second Chance - L23 amcom



Our blue protagonist (who works as a royal guard) takes a few days off and meets a sincere seapony. What does he say to her? What does he decide to do in the end? And most importantly:How does he get to know her?

  • ...
 2
 373

Chapter 2: Fall from grace

Now I am coming back home by taking the train to Canterlot, I am relieved and it´s a pity that I didn´t know about these things before. It has changed my mood and I think that it will be difficult to ruin my day in the job. Let´s see if they complain about me again!

I am getting closer to the city and…well, to my surprise, it feels somewhat cold. I thought that it would look more presentable than this for simply celebrating a big party but from what I am noticing from the distance, it doesn´t look the same as before.

As if that wasn´t enough, why are those species flying to the south? I have never seen them before. They look like griffons even though I am certain that they aren´t from Griffonstone, they would fly to the East and their tails don´t seem to match at all. These weird birds must inhabit in the South because they are going to the opposite direction that I am leading at. I have always been clueless about the South. I have never known about those places except for Appleloosa. The last time I went there, it was just to secure the construction sites of a new stadium that is going to unveiled soon and keep an eye on the possible conflicts between some a few ponies and buffaloes.

I exited the train station and despite seeing ponies wandering in the streets as always, I am noticing a few buildings shattered. Even though they are fixing the damages for a few houses and shops, how did this manage to happen? Were there problems at throwing the fireworks? Maybe a spell that was too powerful to handle it? Was Canterlot so crowded that it couldn´t endure a party of this level, destroying what surrounded it? If the last question happens to be true, then I will have nailed it in my decision of leaving this place for a few days.

I am getting closer to my house and the damages haven´t stopped at all. Nonetheless, ponies don´t seem moody at all so the party must have been a success but it doesn´t make any sense that no one is mad by these destructions, someone must have been responsible for all of this. Despite living in a world that consists in shining lots of rainbows and smiles at times, there have always been conflicts and very tense ones.

Well, someone should explain this to me but maybe later, I am about to come into my house, I need a little bit of time before resuming my routine and...

WHAAAAAAT?! What is this?! What am I looking at? How is it possible that the door locked? Why does it have a note saying that they are looking for a replacement? They offered this house to me in exchange of doing my job properly and now after all these years, they are turning me out of this place.

This must be a bad joke because they cannot point at me for carrying guilt for these damages. I have to ask Cloud Zapper about this immediately; there is no way that this is truly happening because if it is, I will be totally lost.