• Published 11th Apr 2020
  • 2,265 Views, 10 Comments

Attack on Titan - Gojizilla54



When humanity is pushed to the brink of extinction, they live behind walls, protecting them. A group of friends join the military and go on adventures to take back on what was theirs.

  • ...
10
 10
 2,265

PreviousChapters Next
First Battle: The Struggle for Trost, Part 1

In the year 845, two terrifying new breeds of Titan appeared, the Colossal and the Armored barreling through the outer wall as if wholesale destruction was child's play. The territory couched within the circle of Wall Maria was abandoned. Twenty percent of the human race perished and one-third of our territory was lost. As the Titan onslaught advanced, our only choice was to withdraw behind Wall Rose. Five years later, in the year 850...

"Mankind didn't start this fight. But we are going to finish it!"



Eren started running on the top of the wall towards the Colossal Titan. The Colossal Titan spotted Eren running and lifted it's right arm and swipe at Eren. Eren jumped up into the air dodging it. The Colossal Titan dragged it's arm across the top taking out all the cannons. Eren wrapped around the Colossal Titan from behind.

"Son of a bitch! He took out the cannons! The gate was no accident, then," he thought and then realized something. "He has intelligence!"

The Colossal used the smoke and attempted to grab Eren. Eren saw the hand coming and latched on to the arm of the Colossal.

All the more reason not to waste this moment!" he thought wrapping around. "Without him, the other Titans have nothing!"

Eren landed on the Colossal Titan's arm and started to run towards.

"I have to take that down!" he thought.

The Colossal Titan spotted Eren running and took back its arm, causing Eren to wrap around the Colossal from its back. Eren got to it's nape, but was to far.

"Dammit!" he shouted.

Eren then latched on to the Colossal nape and started reeling towards the nape.

"Take this!" he shouted, connecting his blade to the nape.

Before, Eren could slash the nape, the Colossal Titan released a huge amount of steam. Eren was blindsided by this and was forced to reeled back. Eren's wire started to loosen by the steam. Eren pushed the top trigger was getting reeled in. Eren let a loud scream and was about to slash the Colossal Titan, but to his surprise Eren got nothing as the Colossal Titan had disappeared.

"How did I miss?" he wondered.

Eren then latched on to the side of the wall and looked down to see two giant footprints left behind.

"Did he just vanished into thin air?" he wondered.

"Eren! Where'd he go? Did you take him out?" Thomas asked.

"He's gone!" Eren replied. "Exactly like five years ago. HE's here one moment and gone the next... just like that."

Eren got back on top of the wall.

"I'm sorry," Eren apologized.

"Don't apologize. Look at us. We were too scared to move," Thomas explained.

"Hey! Wallow on your own time!" Conny shouted. "In case you hadn't noticed, there's a breach. We have to act now! If they started pouring in, that's it!

Then a male Garrison with short black hair came in.

"Look alive!" he ordered. "Operation Colossal Titan Response is in effect, I expect you to take part! Report to HQ! If you got close the Colossal new need details!

"Sir! We pray the Advance Team will be victorious!" assured Conny.

The bell rang loudly as all the civilians in Trost were getting evacuated into the inner gate. Many children and families were running as fast as they could to avoid the Titans.

"Pare down! Take only what you need to survive!" yelled a male Garrison with short brown hair. "File through as calmly as possible!"

On the wall, several Garrison made makeshift defenses with a net.

"You understand what we are face?!" asked a male Garrison. "If they get through, we'll have a repeat of five years ago. Consider this the last line of defense."

Then, several Titans appeared walking towards the gate. Several Garrison were rotating the cannons and loading them.

"Prepare to intercept!" he yelled.

A Garrison with blond hair gave a signal.

"FIRE!!!" he yelled.

A Garrison then pulled the trigger, firing the cannon, so after all the cannons were fired. All of the cannons hit the Titan in the face, leg, and arms blowing it up.

"Soldiers, charge!" a male Garrison yelled.

All of the Garrison charged, screaming and jumping off the wall and fighting the Titans ahead.


Back in Trost, everyone in the HQ was scrambling around, filling up on blades and gas for their ODM gear.

"Out of the frying pan and into the fire, cadets!" yelled a male Garrison with blond hair and beard.

"Time to put your training to work!" he yelled.

"I promise we'll get through this," said Franz. "You're safe as long as I'm beside you."

"Franz," moaned Hannah as they embrace.

Mikasa stopped and looked at them and went off to find Eren. Mikasa turned to her left to find both Eren and Armin, who was having trouble connecting the container to his gas cylinder.

"Armin, what's wrong," Eren asked.

"Don't worry, I'm fine," Armin replied. "Just give me a second for my nerves to settle. This is bad isn't it? There's a hole in the wall eight meters high and we don't even remotely have the engineering on how to plug it. The big boulder near the front gate was our best but we couldn't figure out how to hoist it in place. Unless we seal the breach, the entire city is good as dead!"


On the other side of Trost, multiple Titans started to appear, overwhelming the Garrison on top. The cannons fired hitting all of the Titans the got close to the gate. Many Garrison soldiers have died in battle. Many of them had arms and legs severed and were bitten in half. Blood covered their bodies as their corpses.

"How long do you thing before they take Wall Rose," Armin questioned. "Seriously, how long? Thing about it. Anytime the mood strikes them, they can wipe out the human race in an afternoon!"

Eren grabbed a hold of Armin's hand.

"Armin! Listen to me!" yelled Eren. "You're focused on the past. Look ahead. We're not going to be the victims anymore!"

"Sorry," Armin apologized. "I... I'm okay."


Then, a hand appeared at the gate. A Titan ripped through the net. Then, Trost was then swarming with Titans.


One the other side, no disturbance was present. The sun was shining on some colorful flowers and an estate.

"Come, now. Take this seriously," said an overweight man with a balding head and gray eyes.

The man takes out a pawn and places a rook on the chess board.

"Very well, another victory for me," said the man. "Oh dear, one would think our monthly rows would see at least some modest improvement in your approach to the game, Pyxis."

A bald man with golden eyes and a gray mustache got up and grabbed his head.

"One would think so, yes. Clearly my brain is interior to your, Lord Wald," said Pyxis.

Lord Wald burst into laughter and grabbing a handful of cookies.

"Such obsequiousness from the single highest-ranking officer in the southern land," said Lord Wald as he took a bite from his handful of cookies. "Tell me. Seriously. How can you hope to thwart the Titans when you can't even win..."

Then a male Garrison with short blond comes running.

"Commander Pyxis, sir! I bring news!" he yelled.

"I beg your pardon, young man this is a private..." said Lord Wald.

Then, the male Garrison broke in.

"The Colossal Titan has laid siege to the city of Trost!" he yelled. "Reports say that the gate has been destroyed."

The news shocked everyone in the room, even Lord Wald who dropped his glass of wine. The glass shattered as it hit the ground. The room was filled with silence. Pyxis got up and started to drink Lord Wald's wine from the bottle.

"Ah. This vintage is worthy of your good taste," said Pyxis. 'One man of action to another. I obsequiously accept it as a gift."

Pyxis started to walk away from Lord Wald.

"Where are you going?" he asked. "Pyxis, wait!"

Lord Wald started to run after Pyxis, who was leaving.

"You can't just march off! I command you to stay!" he yelled. "Preparations must be made! Assemble your troops and establish a garrison around my estate this instant! Dam it all, kit;s your sworn duty to defend us!"

Pyxis then stopped and turned around to Lord Wald.

"Lord Wald, sir. Untold numbers of out brave soldiers are lying down their lives in defense of Trost as we speak," said Pyxis.

Then, a female Garrison with brown hair and light brown eyes came up to Pyxis.

"I'll ready up the horses," she said.

"Go, Anka," said Pyxis.

Anka started to walk away from Pyxis to the stables.

"When the dust has settled, there may well be more graves than people to dig them," said Pyxis. "An astronomical number of lives snuffed out in a twinkling."

"Ye, well, no help for it, is there?" Lord Wald asked. "If it's their time. Besides, what earthly good can the presence of a man who persistently loses to me in chess do for them now? Why not remain where I can assist you?"

"Your Lordship," called a male Garrison with brown hair and dark brown hair. "Should the Commander actually face a Titan in battle, he won't feel compelled to play down his skills as he does with you.

Lord Wald looked at the Garrison with an angry glare

"That's enough, Gustav," said Pyxis bowing down to Lord Wald. "Good day, sir. I wish you opulently appointed day of sloth and tranquility."

Pyxis turned around and started to walk away.

"Please don't go," begged Lord Wald. "Don't do this to me!"

Gustav started to follow Pyxis leaving Lord Wald behind.

"Pyxis, please!" shouted Lord Wald. "I'm begging you! PYXIS!"


Back at Trost, all the cadets lined up as they were given order and news from a man with brown hair, a brown mustache, and golden eyes.

"My name is Kitz Woermann! I will be your captain!" yelled Woermann. "I want everyone split into four squadrons, as practiced. All squadrons are responsible for supply-running, message relay, and enemy combat under the command of the Garrison Regiment! The Intercept Squadron will take the vanguard. Cadets will take the middle guard led by the support squad. Rear guards will go to the elites. I expect you all to man your post knowing the Advanced Team was been wiped out!

Everyone was shocked to the sight of the news of the Advanced Team.

"That's right, the outer gate is history. The Titans are in!" he shouted. "This means the Armored Titan is likely to reappear. If and when he does, the inner gate will also be history.

"Is this real?" questioned Daz.

“Please be a dream," Thomas prayed.

"God, what if the bastards manage to bust through Wall Rose?" questioned Nack.

"QUIET!!!" Woermann yelled. "Those in the vanguard, get set. The whole are is saturated. Your mission is very simple: Defend the wall till the evacuation is done!

He then continued to a punishment

Now, be aware, all of you that desertion is punishable by execution," he warned. "If it comes to it, lay down your lives! Dismissed!"

"SIR," all of them yelled saluting.

Everyone scrambled around to their position, many cadets were curled up and were praying quietly.

"Why did this have to happen now?" Jean questioned. "Just one more day and I would have been heading for the Interior!

Jean and Bertholdt looked at Daz, who was throwing up on the ground.

"You going to be alright?" asked Christa tending to him.

Daz looked at Christa and continued to throw up on the ground. Jean got up and started to walk away passing by two scared cadets.

"Please, no. Please, no. Please, no," prayed a female cadet.

Jean continued to walk bumped into Eren.

"Move it!" Jean yelled pushing Eren.

"What the hell, man! What's wrong with you?!" asked Eren.

"What kind of question is that? We're all about to be Titan chow," said Jean. "You want me to sing you a goddamn song?"

Mikasa tuned around to see Jean arguing with Eren.

"You're loving this, aren't you, you little psycho?" asked Jean. "Course you are!"

Mikasa started to walk towards them.

"Your life's aim is to be eaten! I was just one day away from going to the MP!" he yelled.

"Jean! Get a hold of yourself!" yelled Eren.

"No! Not all of us are suicidal!" yelled Jean.

"Dammit, shut the fuck up for a second!" Eren yelled pushing Jean into a pillar. "We're trained for this! What do you think the last three years were for?"

Jean looked at Eren in shock at the comment.

"We survived. We started at death in the face and we lived," said Eren angrily. "Not everyone can say that, can they? Some people couldn't take it and either ran or thrown out. Hell, some people actually died, but not us! Am I right? We powered through for three years! What's one more day?"

The two scared cadets looked at Eren.

"You can do this Jean," encouraged Eren. "The MP will still be waiting for you tomorrow."

Eren backed away from Jean. Jean took his word in for consideration.

"Shit," said Jean walking away from Eren. "On your feet, Daz. Stop bawling."

"Ok," he muttered

"Eren," called Mikasa. "If things take a turn for the worse, I want you to come find me, alright?

"What? We're in different squads," said Eren.

"Look, this is going to get ugly and when it does, the plane goes out the window," she explained. "Come find me so I can protect you."

'Who the hell do you think you are?" asked Eren.

"Ackerman, you're with me," said a tall man with gold eyes and dark blond hair. "You've been assigned to the rear guard on special orders. Let's get moving."

"But Ian, sir! I'm a cadet I'll slow everyone down!" Mikasa warned.

Eren looked at Mikasa with a sense of confusion.

"You're not being asked for a self-evaluation here," replied Ian. "The mass exodus is falling apart. We need as many elits as possible to get things back on track."

Ian then started to walk away.

"Sir. With all do re..." said Mikasa.

Then, Eren headbutted Mikasa's head, she grabbed her head in pain.

"You've been given a direct order!" he yelled. "Pull it together goddammit! This is bigger than the two of us and you know it! We're on the verge of extinction here. Get some damn perspective!

Mikasa looked down.

"You're right. I'm sorry," she apologized. "This whole situation just has me out of my head."

Eren started to walk away from Mikasa. She grabbed on Eren's sleeve, causing Eren to turn back.

"Just promise me one thing," she said. "Whatever happens don't get yourself killed."

Eren looked at Mikasa and took his arm back and started to walk away from Mikasa. Mikasa stood there looking at Eren as he walked away.

"I didn't planned on it. Thanks," he thought. "No. I won't allow myself to get killed. Not until I taste what is like outside of these walls."

Eren meet up with his squad and started to go to head out. Mikasa could only watch him as he headed out.

"Hey, Mikasa!" called Rainbow Dash. "Are you coming or what?"

"Coming!" she shouted running towards Rainbow Dash.

"There you are," said Applejack.

"Applejack, you're in the rear guard?" Mikasa asked.

'Yep, so is Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, and Twilight," Applejack replied.

"Where are they?" she asked.

"Waiting for you with Ian," Rainbow Dash replied. "Hey, where's Eren?"

"He's in the middle guard," Mikasa replied.

"Should you be protecting him?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"He said that he would be fine," replied Mikasa.

"Didn't you made a promise to Eren's mother that you would protect?" asked Rainbow Dash.

“Yeah, I did," she replied.

"You know, what Granny Smith would say about promises?" Applejack asked.

"What?" she replied.

"A promise makes everything. But once it is broken, sorry means nothing," Applejack replied.

Mikasa looked down at the ground and remembered the promise Eren's mother made for Mikasa.

"There you three are!" yelled Indigo Zap. "Where have you three been?"

"Just waiting for Mikasa," replied Rainbow Dash.

"Well, we're all here now, let's get a move on," said Twilight Sparkle.

"Let's go all of you!" yelled Ian.

Mikasa, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Indigo Zap, and Sugarcoat followed Ian to their position.


On the other side, Eren and his squad were on top of a roof looking at their battle and their orders for action.


"What surviving historical documents we have access to tell us nothing of the Titans' origin. Almost everything about them is obscure," said the teacher reading a book. "Now, that isn't to suggest we're ignorant. Thanks to the efforts of the Scout Regiment, we do know something of their ecology."

Everyone in the classroom were paying attention closely and were taking notes in their notebooks as the teacher talked about the subject.

"Whether Titans possess human-like intelligence is unknown, of course. And to date there have no reports of high-level communication between them," he explained. "We do know about Titan physiology is they have fundamentally different to most organic life. They lack reproductive organs, it's unclear how they reproduce. Beyond that, in appearance, their physique resembles the average human male. We also know their body temperatures run quite high. Their appetite seems geared towards human beings. In fact, a Titan's driving principle seems to be this appetite."

"Given that they've subsisted for over a century," he added. "Without access to their only source of nourishment, however, we assumed that the Titans do not, in fact, consume us to live. Let that sink in. Titans aren't motivated by hunger as such. They're simply in it for the kill.

The teacher looked at students, who were all still paying attention. He looked back at the book. and continued to read.

"The terrifying vitality of these creatures is beyond science," he continued. "We only have to consider events of the recent past to see this. Mankind has long possessed cannon technology, as you're aware. But alone they're proved insufficient. Even blowing their heads off to bits, the Titans persist. Though there is some variability on this score, a Titan's head usually regenerates within two minutes."

Everyone was shocked about hearing the Titan's abilities.

"Is that true?" whispered Thomas

"As if their size wasn't frightening enough," said Franz

Marco then raised his hand up.

"Excuse me, sir. Are saying that Titans are immortal?" he asked.

The teacher went to the chalkboard and sketched out a Titan's back.

'No, I'm not," he replied. "There is, in fact, one way to ensure death.

He then drew a circle around the nape area.

"Strike there," he said. "If the nape takes adequate damage, a Titan will not regenerate."

He turned around to and showed them two swords on a desk.

"That, as you may have surmised, is where the flesh-paring blades you see here some in," he explained. "A good, deep strike with one of these to the nape and the monster is left not time to regenerate, They die and stay dead


Eren looked at Armin, who by now have calmed himself.

"Look at it this way, Armin. It's a golden opportunity," assured Eren.

Armin looked at Eren, who was looking what is ahead of them.

"If we prove our worth as soldiers right here, we'll rise up right through the ranks," he said. "Before we could even be leading our own regiment. We can bypass rookie status altogether!"

He looked at Armin was a smile in his face. Armin smiled back at Eren.

"Sound good, I'm with you all the way," said Armin.

"Now, now boys," called Mina. "You're not the only ones! Save some for the rest of the glory for the rest of us!"

"Good luck beating us to the punch a second time," said Thomas. "No head start for you this round!"

"Is that a challenge?" Eren asked.

"Listen up. Whoever kills the most Titans gets bragging rights," Thomas declared.

'Better not fudge up your scores," Eren warned.

Next to them, a pair of male Garrisons gave them a hand signal.

"Squadron 34, move out! The vanguard needs support!" yelled a male Garrison.

"Right! Give 'em hell!" Eren shouted.

Eren lifted his sword and the rest of his squad let out a scream as they jumped and started to swing across. Eren lead the charge as his squad started to follow him. Eren landed and ran across a roof and latched on to another building swinging across. Mina started to glide across the air, while Thomas landed and ran across a roof and latched on to a building and swinging across. Nack glided through the air and latched on to a tower. Eren ran on top of a roof and spotted the many Titans ahead.

"There so many of them!" Mina yelled.

"The vanguard's been completely overwhelmed!" Thomas shouted.

"What are our glory-hound senior doing?!" asked Nack.

"I thought things would be hairy but no this," Eren thought. "This is insane!"

Eren spotted something in the distinct.

"WE'VE GOT AN ABNORMAL!!!" Eren yelled.

The Titan got on the roof and leaped.

"HOLD UP!!!" he yelled.

The Titan leaped onto a tower. Armin, Nack, Mina, and Milieus landed on top of a nearby roof. Eren on the other hand, was hanging on to the side of the roof. All of them looked back at the Titan, who was hugging onto the tower. The Titan peered its head, showing Thomas being held in the Titan's mouth.

"Uh.. uh... please, help me," Thomas muttered.

Everyone looked in horror at the sight and didn't move or talked. The Titan lifted its head and swallowed Thomas whole. Everyone had the look of horror as they all witnessed a death of their comrade and friend. The Titan got down from the tower and started to walk away. Eren witnessed Thomas's death and was filled with anger.

"YOU BASTARD!!!" Eren shouted at the top of his lungs as he took off swinging.

"EREN!!!" Armin called.

"WAIT! STAY WITH THE GROUP!!!" Milieus shouted.

Armin started to follow Eren, and so did the others. Eren was running across a roof fast to catch up to the Titan.

"GET BACK HERE!!!" he shouted.

Eren then jumped and latched on to a nearby building swinging across, the air, dodging incoming buildings.

"YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR KILLING THOMAS!!!" he shouted swinging and dodging a tree

"Your not getting away! YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY!!!" he shouted catching up to the Titan.

Eren then caught up to the Titan. Eren let out a scream and was prepared to slice the Titan's nape. Then, a smaller Titan jumped and bit Eren's leg off, causing him to roll violently across the roof, hitting every dormer, and finally sliding and stopping and making him unconscious, blood started to pour out of Eren's missing leg and his massive injuries.

"EREN!!!" Armin called as he landed on a roof.

"EREN!!!" Mina called gliding.

Then out of nowhere, a Titan swatted Nack, killing him instantly as blood splattered on the Titan's hand. A smaller Titan yanked Mina's string causing her to fall back and hit a nearby building making her unconscious. The Titan peered over at the unconscious Mina on the ground. A Titan grabbed Milieus by his legs and looked at him. Milieus can only let out a blood-curdling scream.

"DON'T! PLEASE STOP! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!!" Milieus yelled as he was devoured.

Armin dropped onto his knees and in front of him, a bloody Eren laid their unconscious on the roof.

"Why? Why? he questioned in horror. "My friends are being devoured and all I can do is watch."

Armin heard footsteps coming toward his direction. A Titan with a gray beard appeared next to Armin. The Titan grabbed Armin's uniform and opened his mouth.

"What's wrong with me? he questioned. "Why can't I move?"

Armin snapped from his sight and realizing too late. The Titan dropped Armin into its mouth. Armin started to slide down his tongue and letting out a blood-curdling scream.

"No... Armin," muttered Eren quietly.


"Eren! Eren! Eren!" called a young Armin carrying a book in his hands.

"Why are you shouting Armin?" Eren asked.

"Sorry, I found this book my grandpa keeps hidden away," said Armin with excitement. 'Believe it or not, it's about life on the outside!"

"I really hope this idea is a joke. Stuff about the outside world is illegal," Eren warned. "You could go to jail for that."

"Trust me, you'd change your mind if you knew what was actually out there!" Armin shouted. "For example, according to this book, most of the world is covered with salty water so deep you can't reach the bottom! They call it "the sea"!

"Like, salty for real?!" Eren asked. "Come on, you're making this stuff up. If something valuable like salt was just floating around underwater, merchants would've taken it by now!"

"That the thing!" he replied. "The sea never runs out! It's that big!"

"Yeah, whatever," replied Eren.

"Just bear with me," Armin begged. "There's a lot more than salt. Water that glows like fire, fields of ice, giant rocks that take days to climb. Imagine how huge the outside world must be!"

At this point, Eren was fascinated at Armin's book.

"It does sound really neat," he replied.

"Okay, you've got to promise never to tell a soul," said Armin. "My parents are going to sneak outside the walls to see for themselves."

"They'll know what it's like first-hand," said Eren.

"Look at me," said Armin.

Eren looked at Armin, who had a smile.

"We should do it ourselves one day," said Armin. "We can have adventures like the author of this book."


The memory made Eren regain his conscious. He used his strength and got up. As Armin was sliding further and further into the Titan's mouth. Eren entered the Titan's mouth and grabbed Armin's hand. Eren used the last amount of strength and tossed Armin out of the Titan's mouth. Armin landed on the roof.

"EREN!!!" he called.

Eren used the sword to pry the Titan's mouth open.

"I refuse to die like this, understand?" declared Eren. "Armin, listen. We're still going to the outside world. The things you told me about. I have to see the. I have to!"

Eren reached his hand out of the Titan's mouth.

"EREN! NO!!!" Armin shouted.

Then, the Titan shuts its mouth close, biting Eren's left hand off. The Titan swallowed Eren, and Armin could let out a blood-curdling scream in horror as he witnessed his best friend getting eaten right in front of his face.

The scream was loud enough for Mikasa to turn around to Eren's direction sensing something wrong.

"Mikasa, what's wrong," asked Applejack.

"Something's off," she replied.

"Really? I don't feel something off," said Sugarcoat.

"Come on, guys we have to go," said Indigo Zap.


On the other side, Sunset Shimmer, Sour Sweet, Starlight Glimmer, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Sunny Flare, Rarity, Lemon Zest, were swinging across each building. Starlight Glimmer swung across and sliced a Titan's nape killing it.

"Nice, kill," Sunset complimented.

"Thanks," she said.

"Man, I wanted that kill," groaned Sour Sweet.

Starlight ignored her knowing what was about of come.

"It's okay, this is not competition," she said in a nice way.

As they continued to swing all of them heard a loud scream.

"What was that scream?" asked Rarity.

"I don't know, but it doesn't sound good," said Lemon Zest.

"Where are we going," Pinkie Pie asked.

"You didn't hear the scream?" asked Starlight Glimmer.

"What scream?" she asked.

"Never mind, we're heading to the others and Armin," said Sunset Shimmer.

"But, Woermann if we're not allowed to desert," said Fluttershy.

"We're not deserting we're just going to group up, darling," assured Rarity.

"Oh, I hope so," said Fluttershy swinging towards them.

PreviousChapters Next