• Published 3rd Jun 2020
  • 215 Views, 0 Comments

A magic symphony - Naroe_Clan



Worlds don't always clash because they are entirely different. But sometimes, the things that drive us apart are the things we need from each other.

  • ...
 0
 215

Chapter 3: An attempted escape

*...beep...* *...beep...* *...beep...*

'Well, that's a weird noise.' was my first thought. My brain tried to have more thoughts after that, but none came for quite a while. Eventually I managed to reach something like consciousness, dragging my brain with me.

*...beep...* *...beep...* *...beep...*

'What is that weird noise?” was my next thought, one which took long enough to form that I forgot to follow though on it before another thought started to take form.

*...beep...* *...beep...* *...beep...*

'Why can't I see?' came to me quicker, but still very slowly. I spent a while contemplating the question, no answers coming to me.

*..beep..* *..beep..* *..beep..*

'Oh right. My eyes are closed.' took far too long to occur to me. Shortly afterward I tried opening my eyelids. They were far too heavy, iron weights and glue keeping them shut.

*..beep..* *..beep..* *..beep..*

Blearily, with the entirety of my concentration focused on the one action, my eyelids ground open. A thin sliver of blurry white was all I could see for several minutes before my lids opened further. A little bit of definition came to me, but so very slowly.

*..beep..* *..beep..* *..beep..*

I thought for a while before deducing that I was looking at a wall painted some shade of white. A little bit of feeling came soon after, letting me feel gravity pulling me to the side. I guessed that I was laying down on my side.

'Where am I?'

*.beep.* *.beep.* *.beep.*

I had no answers. I remembered seeing places like this only a few times. None of those times were good, though my memory failed me as to why. My vision still wasn't getting any better, and I could still only hear that one sound.

*.beep.* *.beep.* *.beep.*

Why was it getting faster? What did it mean? I had no answers, though a few ideas came to me. Maybe it's keeping count of something? Maybe keeping a rhythm?

*beep* *beep* *beep*

Maybe counting down? I didn't know, how could I? All I can see is this one wall, all I can feel is the pressure of the surface I'm laying upon. Wait, no. I could feel other things now too. I could feel something wrapping around my torso, trapping me. Something around one of my legs too, immobilizing it.

*beep* *beep* *beep*

I tried to move my other leg. It barely shifted, dragging across the surface I lay upon, pulling some kind of fabric with it. My neck twitched with my attempt to look around, changing my view only enough to look at a different angle at the wall.

*beep beep* *beep beep*

I gathered my energy, slowly shifting my arms. Only one responds, the one against the ground. It slowly moved underneath me, shifting me onto my chest. My legs responded in kind, the immobilized one trying to kick about until I lay entirely on my belly.

*beep beep* *beep beep*

My view shifted along with my body, dragging over the wall and onto another, over indistinct grey-black blobs and flashing lights. Eventually my sight came to rest on a much closer wall, along with what may be the head of a bed.

*beep beep beep beep beep*

'I need to move.' I thought. I'm not sure why, but I knew that staying still would be bad. It took a long time to shift my limbs underneath me, pulling one at a time closer and closer. My breath began to quicken with the effort, short puffs of air in and out.

*beep beep beep beep beep*

I pushed with my more responsive arm, trying to slowly get up. An inch. Two inches. Three inches. My spine slowly twisted along with my slow rise, until...

Agony.

My back felt a searing heat, the nerve endings dying fiery deaths as my muscles received far too many instructions, all spasming as one to force my body into an unnatural shape.

*BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP*

I could hear a scream almost drowning out the strange noise at the same time as it became a rapidly repeated cry. Other noises joined in. Many footsteps rushed closer, along with a wailing alarm filling the air.

*BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP*

A door slammed open, the footsteps surrounded me along with limbs trying to hold me down. My limbs flailed around, not letting these strangers keep hold of me. Adrenaline surged through my entire body, sharpening my mind and activating dangerous instincts.

*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*

I vaguely noticed the noise changing to a single long tone as my body twisted and legs kicked out into one attacker's shoulder, my arms slamming into another's elbow with a crack. The pain spread from my back throughout my lower body as the constraints around my leg shattered. Even more adrenaline flooded my system, allowing me to ignore the agony.

I felt a sharp stabbing come from the direction of another attacker as the greyish blur that I thought was them jabbed something into my shoulder. Before they could do anything more, my legs kicked out towards them, propelling me away. There was a momentary weightlessness as I shoved myself off of the bed. Soon afterwards my arm hit the floor, already moving to get under me, my shoulders twisting around to let me run away.

I identified the doorway immediately, already seeing more assailants moving outside. All four of my limbs began propelling me towards the opening. The leg that was immobilized earlier didn't hold any weight, needing me to hop my other leg forward to keep upright as I identified that the lower bone was badly broken. The feeling of the lower half of the bone sliding up through my flesh to outside my body blinded me for a moment.

My other limbs kept moving rapidly as I moved my broken leg into a position to do something unpleasant when I reached the door. As I rounded the corner and darted to the side I avoided an attacker trying to grab me. Before I fully left the room I had been in, my broken leg slammed hard into the doorframe, shoving the halves of the bone back inside my leg. I blacked out for a moment, my limbs moving on their own pushing me down the hallway.

With the muscles in my broken leg tensing up and holding the broken bone in place with all their adrenaline-granted strength, I put all four of my limbs into my escape. There was another doorway at the end of the hall. I could only hope that that way led to an escape, and to friends.


The nurse led the six friends out of the reception area, saying “We're only just starting to look into who the filly is, but since it's only been a day since you brought her in to us we've not had any progress so far.”

Twilight furrowed her brow and asked “So she's not from Ponyville?”

“Nah, I ain't seen her around anywhere and ah've met dern near every pony in this town.” came from Applejack.

The nurse nodded and said “Yes, while Ponyville isn't a very small town it doesn't have so many ponies living here that it'd be hard at all to keep track of them. She's not anypony from here's child, and the only tourists in the area when Discord attacked were a few families with no children.”

The nurse pushed open a door, holding it for the friends. When they all got through she continued with “But anyway, we hope to find her family soon. She's thankfully in stable condition, but we don't expect her to wake up for quite a while yet. Her condition was...bad. Falling from any height shouldn't do that much damage to even a young pegasus, unless they propel themselves into the ground.”

Rainbow Dash cringed a little at that before asking “So, what happened? How bad was it?”

“We don't know what happened, but it looked like she'd been crushed on all sides by something, and sliced by some large creature's claws. Several cuts and abrasions along her flank, and multiple broken bones not consistent with a fall.” Was the nurse's response.

Most of the friends reacted with various levels of shock. Twilight's eyes widened as she began muttering about what creatures could have been nearby, Fluttershy wondering the same as she shrank down. Rarity gasped with a hoof to her snout. Pinkie's persistent pronking stopped as she settled down next to Fluttershy.

Applejack and Rainbow both shared a look, having seen the filly's injuries before and expecting something along those lines. Both of them began having thoughts of tracking down whatever creature had hurt the filly and giving it a piece of their mind.

The nurse just continued on, leading them towards the filly's room. “But anyway, visiting hours will last until dusk so take however long you want. Just remember to stay out of our way when we come to check on her later. Just around the corn...” She was interrupted by a wailing screach, accompanied by an incessant beeping.

The nurse immediately held a hoof out to the six friends, commanding “Stay here!” as she sprinted down the rest of the hall and around the corner she had been leading them towards.

They all shared various looks of worry, most wanting to follow and see if they could provide any help. Before they could decide what to do, a deeper scream rang out followed by a yell of “Catch her!”

Applejack and Rainbow, followed close behind by the other four, were most of the way to the corner when a green and silver ball of fluff and bandages rocketed out of the side corridor, slid clumsily along the floor and slammed into the wall with a small grunt of pain. All six stopped and stared, confusedly wondering what was going on.

The sound of galloping hooves came from the side corridor as the filly's head snapped up, looking unfocused at the six friends. Slightly glowing lime-colored eyes with pinpricks of black for pupils tried to focus on any one of them, seeming to fail entirely.

Rainbow and applejack both thought quickly, realizing that the filly was trying to run away for some reason. Applejack lowered herself down to jump in her way if need be, while Rainbow quickly flew closer, spreading her hooves to grab.

The filly's muscles tensed faster than either could react to, exploding into motion underneath Rainbow's outstretched hooves. Applejack tried to get in front of the running filly, but another sudden motion had her overshoot as the little one's direction changed in an instant. They both turned around to see the filly zigzagging towards the others faster than either of them could have ran at such a young age.

Rarity began rapidly backpedaling as Twilight's horn began to glow. Fluttershy tried to make herself as small as possible, and Pinkie stared open mouthed at the rapidly approaching filly.

The filly darted underneath Pinkie, barely missing her legs. One of the filly's hind legs pulled up close as the other one pushed downward powerfully, propelling her up on top of Fluttershy, who was then used as a springboard to leap at Rarity's face. With a yelp Rarity fell backwards as the rocketing filly landed on top of her head and sprang even further down the corridor behind the group.

The filly landed awkwardly on her front legs, stumbling onto all fours and screaming out as her broken hind leg took too much weight and collapsed. The only sounds in the corridor for a few seconds were the filly's heavy breathing and the nurses starting to catch up.

The filly tried to lurch back into motion after only that short rest, but could only push herself back onto her front hooves before Twilight's magic finally caught up, lifting her off the ground. She continued to try to pull herself forward for a while more, before being gently floated back to the group.

She blearily looked around, obviously confused. Everpony else there, including the just arrived nurses, took the same time to look around as well at the spots of blood all around the corridor. Rarity especially was staring cross-eyed at a large patch of red just above her nose.

Before long the filly turned slowly to look at Twilight's frowning, wide-eyed face. She stared until they were closer to each other before breathily speaking “Svabol wer uoinota.” and passing out.

Author's Note:

Betchya nobody knows the language i'm using. Well, admittedly i don't either, i'm just using an online 'translater' for the fictional language.

But anyway, hope people at least find this interesting. I'm trying to update at least once a month.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment