• Published 12th Oct 2020
  • 2,280 Views, 82 Comments

Vampirism - Someguy458



After an incident on Nightmare Night, Rarity starts turning into a Changeling.

  • ...
3
 82
 2,280

Chapter 6: The Story

Rarity was frozen in place. Between the frenzy that was Nightmare Night and the worries of her transformation, she'd completely forgotten that her parents were scheduled to come over and pick Sweetie Belle up. Now, they were standing outside waiting for Rarity to answer the door, and she didn't know what to do.

"Hello? Anypony home?" Her father's voice continued after a moment of silence.

"What do we do?" Sweetie whispered nervously to her big sister.

"I-I-I don't know..." Rarity stammered under her breath.

"Should we just open the door?" their mother's voice asked their father. "It's technically a shop, after all..."

That spurred Rarity to action. "S-sorry, just a moment!" she called out as she got up and hid in the hall. Waving a hoof, she whispered to Sweetie, "Say I got, uh, ill or something, I dunno; just go!"

Sweetie frowned. "Isn't that lying?"

The fashionista faltered. "I-I-I mean, kind of? It's more like, uhm... o-omitting some of the truth, that's it!"

The little filly's frown grew deeper. "Rarity, you know what Applejack would say..."

Rarity stammered incoherently for a while, trying to think of something — anything — that could delay what was now an inevitability. Seeing no way out of it, however, she finally relented. "Oh, alright, fine. But if anything goes wrong, it's on you for not reminding me sooner."

"What!?" Sweetie squeaked. "That's not—!"

"Sweetie, are you okay?!" their father's voice piped up at her exclamation. "That's it, we're coming in!"

Before either of them could react, Cookie Crumbles used her magic to unlock and open the door. Even so, Hondo Flanks still charged through it as though he were busting it down, followed closely by Cookie.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" Hondo asked.

"Where's Rarity?" Cookie added.

"Are you hurt?"

"Is she hurt?"

"What—"

"STOP!!"

The whole room went silent at Sweetie's bold demand. She had to catch her breath before continuing: "Mom, Dad, Rarity needs to show you something really important, but only if you let her explain first, okay?"

It took them a moment to process that. Then Hondo asked, "Sweetie, what's going on?"

"Just promise to hear her out, okay?"

The two parents gave each other a confused look, before nodding slowly. "Alright, we promise."

Sweetie sighed in relief. "Thank you. Now, Rarity, if you would?"

This was it; the moment of no turning back. Rarity took a deep breath to steady her nerves, then, still hidden in the hall, began:

"It all starts eight months ago, at the wedding of Princess Cadance and Shining Armor. The Changeling Queen Chrysalis had successfully infiltrated into Canterlot, and her drones were running amok.

"But one of those drones was not like the others. He witnessed the camaraderie of my friends and me as we fought to defend ourselves, and realized that he wanted to share in that bond instead of stealing from it.

"And so, armed with nothing but his instincts, he left the Hive to try and make a life here in Equestria."

Hondo raised an eyebrow. "That's a very nice story and all, but what does this have to do with right now?"

Rarity sighed. "Because, on this past Nightmare Night, I met him. He had spent the last eight months just barely getting enough to scrape by, and he had become desperate. So when I found him in an alleyway and tried to approach, he mistook me for a threat and defended himself. In his blind panic, he...

"He bit me."

Cookie and Hondo both gasped. "Are you alright?" he asked, taking a step forward.

But Rarity stuck her good hoof around the corner and said, "I'm not finished." When they didn't move for a moment, she continued: "After he realized that I was not a threat, he became very repentant for what he'd done, and he is doing everything in his power to make amends. I-I can assure you that I've already f-f-forgiven him, e-even if... i-if..."

She couldn't go on any further; her voice devolved into hiccups and light sobs. Unable to wait any longer, Hondo and Cookie (along with Sweetie) dashed towards the hallway entrance, and gasped at the sight.

Rarity, already a quarter-way Changeling, was weeping softly, barely able to look them in the eye.

What felt like forever passed with neither side daring to make a move.

Finally, Hondo broke the silence. "R-Rarity?"

"Yes, father?" She visibly braced herself as if to say 'go ahead; just say what we all know you're thinking.'

They both stood there for a moment, taking it all in.

Then they rushed forward and grabbed her in a huge hug.

Rarity, for one, was shocked. Unable to form her thoughts into words, she simply sat there as they continued to try and comfort her.


Unbeknownst to her, Thorax had overheard Rarity tell the story.

And the fact that Rarity was genuine the whole way through touched his heart.