• Published 19th Oct 2020
  • 2,311 Views, 6 Comments

Hum Drum vs Power Ponies. -Operation D.R.A.G.O.N - CaioCoia



What would you do if you have to save your team from danger? And your only option in doing that it's actually defeating them? Humdrum has a big challenge ahead and the only things he can count on are his own prototypes and his new computer assistant.

  • ...
1
 6
 2,311

Chapter 2

Few hours passed in a blink. But it was what Humdrum needed for the day. Opening his eyes, Humdrum could feel the difference between being awake all night, and having a good time to sleep. He felt he could finish the project and even had the training with Zapp on that moment, but his face showed a bit of a bit of regret for not listening his captain at the night.

“Well, later I should give an apology gift to Masked.” Humdrum thought after taking a look on his own table, looking detailed as his own prototypes. All of them seemed to be completely, just waiting to make a test. Sharpen boomerangs, balls with chains, smoking bombs, grapple gauntlets, an eye glass visor, and a mechanic ball which showed many fissures covering itself.

Humdrum smiled at the little metal ball and took with him while he went straight to the Hall Monitor of Power Ponies, where all the computers of the heroes is connected with the government system.

Checking the computer clock, he noticed it passed pass 4 p.m.

"It seems the girls are in a mission, usually when they go lately at a mission, after they get done they will just go to their houses.” Humdrum look at the book near the floor and inside of a fissure near the computer he took a little book from it. He checked a few pages and after connecting the little ball with a cable he then pressed a few codes on the computer hall. “Let’s test it to see if is working."

Hum Drum after pressing the center of sphere with his hoof made the piece of metal shine. Looking at the piece of metal shining, he gave a satisfied smile while he decided to login.

"D.R.A.G.O.N activate, Hum Drum online." Hum Drum used the voice command over the metal sphere near him, and watched closely on what kind of results it would make this little project.

The machine started to transform in what would be a combination of a scaled animal with wings, after looking a few minutes the metal combined themselves to make an even more realistic version of what would be a dragon while his eyes shined in a bright green color on it´s eyes while it wings started to grow twice of size. And by using his winds he open flight over the room, making it a success of a true Dragon made by metal and circuits.

"Digital Reactor Automatic General Organized Network activated. Hello Sir, how can I help you?" The voice of the machine didn’t sounded robotic, but it was like a tender butler voice who came near to his master to follow his orders.

The dragon machine it landed over the little’s colt head while Humdrum happily jumped on his place.

"It works!!!” Humdrum was really happy with the first try of this little project, he has been working on this prototype during 4 months, collecting the material from failed robots from villains like Mane-ac, he did his best to make the circuits wouldn’t be discovered by his team mates, while he prepared the project while staying many nights sleeping late. Finally all his work has being paying for. “I can’t wait to see the girls reaction tomorrow after knowing him. I name you D.R.A.G.O.N, DRAGON for short.”

“Aye Sir. Waiting for your first command.” Dragon raised it’s head waiting for the first order from the little Humdrum.

“You are still incomplete DRAGON, you lack official records over Maretropolis. I need you to download and check all the criminal records during past 3 years." Hum Drum gives his orders to the metal dragon.

"Downloading of criminal records. 20%,40%,80% downloading concluded." DRAGON landed in his head and said after downloading the archives.

"Recent Criminal case." Hum Drum tested the knowledge of his creation.

"Power Ponies and Mania-c robbed the central bank of Maretropolis." The answer made Hum Drum confuse.

"What? Maybe it’s a programming error. Can you repeat again DRAGON, what happened?" Humdrum checked the central computer of the room which was reading the codes from the robot sidekick, but strangely all the codes seemed right, that was because of the book Humdrum was reading.

Humdrum decided to give a check on the main cameras of the central bank and what surprised him was the videos of his friends and his arch nemesis Mane-iac working together… no… it was more like she was commanding the Power Ponies from, her place.

“DRAGON, check the crime scene, and scan possibility circumstances. I hope the code I gave to you would be enough for that.” Humdrum commanded while he waited the little dragon over his head, made a connection of the Computers over the Computer Hall, and after a minute, DRAGON finally gave a reply.

"From my analysis Sir, Mane-iac from secure cams over the city, she seemed have trapped the Power Ponies while making them fall in a bait, and used some kind of mechanical device to control each of them. They are being controlled by her, and from the records of testimonies over the Police Report it seems the Power Ponies are trying to fight against it but it’s ineffective.” DRAGON it only responding what he was programmed to do. Hum Drum was speechless all his friends will be like toys and will be used by Mane-iac to steal something, they will be arrested if the mayor know about that. “From the same records it seems Mane-iac is planning to use them as main force to steal an important artifact at the museum of Maretropollis."

"I need to do something… DRAGON download of the plans of the Museum of Maretropollis, all security cameras from Maretropollis. Download all the systems of security and protocols of battle and defense. I need this right now." Hum Drum commanded while he moved fast to his room.

"Downloading plans, and defensive protocols Sir. Do you want to active the Cloud to synchronize with your account Sir?” DRAGON question made Humdrum stop his tracks while he walking over the corridor.

"Do you have a Cloud App? Sure why not?” Humdrum shrugged while he was ta

“Synchronizing account Humdrum.PowerPonies.net. Downloading the archives, passwords, music, images, videos. 10%...30%...60%..95%... Download concluded.” After Dragon finished the download, he opened his wings and went directly at Humdrum’s door.

“Open Door.” Humdrum said aloud while the door of his bedroom opened only for him and dragon who got inside.

“Sir, do you want to listen to music while I’m downloading the rest of the archives of the Maretropollis Museum’s plans?” After suggesting this, Humdrum who was almost on his table to take some of his prototypes, stopped and looked at his creating with his mouth dropped.

“You can do that too? Awesome! Wait, this isn’t the time for that. DRAGON while you are still downloading the archives and systems, you need an upgrade. Go to the codes inside of my download file and open the t.k archive DRAGON2.0, you need some apps on yourself. Code 100011001010001010." Hum Drum after taking a belt which was his size he commanded a new task for his creation with an code he created as well. He just hopped the codes he wrote on the file was good enough to make the circuits work in a new level.

After a few seconds of silence, DRAGON laid over Humdrum’s mane and his eyes shined in 3 differences sequences of colors, blue, red and green.

"Upgrading." The lights around the machine eyes changed in a sequence nopony would understand in the moment, but Humdrum smiled because the works and tests are running flawlessly.

“Wow, it seems is my day of Luck.” Humdrum smiled while he took all the prototypes.

"Even if all this is in phase of tests, I don’t have time for that, I just hope my luck would make all these prototypes work flawlessly. I hope all this works." Hum Drum put his utility belt around his belly, wore two rotating gauntlets in each of his front hoofs, and the third one installed on his back.

After steeping out of his bedroom, he listened the machines over his mane.

"Downloading concluded sir." DRAGON Finished his upgrading and went straight to the floor, while his body exoskeleton expanded while the metallic part remained the same size, creating what would be an aerodynamic version of himself. He was half size of the height of humdrum which as the size of a fool.

Humdrum’s eyes sparkled, while he shook his head, and focused on his mission. The sidekick and his creation went straight of the Command Hall and After pressing the button the same floor which Power Ponies group jumped. Humdrum, alone with his creation DRAGON, sighed and took a deep breath, not thinking about the possibilities of mistakes, or he alone couldn’t save them. But just one thing passed on his mind.

"I must save them, let’s go DRAGON. Let’s save my friends." Hum Drum jumped while his draconian machine flight inside of the fissure where it was the door.