• Published 14th Dec 2020
  • 1,063 Views, 3 Comments

Splatoon: Main Six - Robert Emerald Fountain



The Main Six become inklings and must help Callie

  • ...
 3
 1,063

Captain Cuttlefish

In the fourth area, there was more water than there was in the previous area. Only two of the kettles were above the water. To reach the other four, the six friends would have to swim. At this point, they had upgraded their weapons to increase firing rate and damage. They had a field day taking out some of every enemy they had faced so far in the first kettle. They found the Hero Blaster and Hero Brella in the second and third kettles. Octarians were in higher quantities here and they also encountered numerous splat switches. As they were preparing to uncover the sixth kettle, Applejack noticed something floating on the water's surface. She swam up to grab it and found it was a T-shaped cane. Wondering who it belonged to, she asked Agent 3.

"HOLY CARP!! THAT'S CAPTAIN CUTTLEFISH'S CANE!!", Agent 3 yelped.

After conquering the sixth kettle, the agents and the Main Six entered the boss kettle to save Captain Cuttlefish. When they entered the chamber, they did not see the Captain. They jumped to the center platform and the boss was awakened. It was a small tower of rings with a face and a nose-like tube on one side.

"It has been a while since I saw the Octo-nozzle.", said Agent 3.

Agent Three explained that in order to defeat the Octo-nozzle, the suction cups that popped out had to be shot, one had to climb on top of the Octo-nozzle's head, and the tentacle had to be shot. The battle was fairly easy with the number of suction cups doubling with each phase. The six had to dodge the inky balls that were expelled from the nose tube. Some of these balls were bigger and either split into a line or split into a wide arc of ink balls. After Fluttershy had shot the tentacle the third time, the Octo-nozzle sneezed up a large orb that popped apart and released an old inkling. Then, the Octo-nozzle exploded in an inky burst. Applejack gave the cane to the inkling, who slowly got up.

"Are you Captain Cuttlefish?", Applejack asked.

"Yes, I need to speak with Callie as soon as I can. The Octarians got me with poisonous ink before I got trapped by the Octo-nozzle. I'm afraid that I am about to die.", replied the old inkling.

Callie was waiting for everyone when they left the kettle. Her injuries had fully healed, and she was wearing her Hero Suit and had equipped all nine of her weapons.

"GRANDPA, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?", she cried out when she saw that Captain Cuttlefish was limping more weakly than normal.

"What did you just call him?", Twilight asked in alarm.

"Callie didn't say that she and Marie are my granddaughters?", asked Cuttlefish.

The Main Six all shook their heads.

Cuttlefish limped over to Callie and his knees buckled, which caused him to fall to the ground. Callie caught him in her arms in a split-second.

"Callie, I got hit with poisonous ink. It's infected my veins. I am dying. I am placing you in charge of the Squidbeak Splatoon.", he said weakly.

Cuttlefish's eyes shifted as he slipped in and out of consciousness. Callie's eyes began to glisten with tears, and she could feel a lump building in her throat. Cuttlefish's eyes slid closed, and he breathed his last. Within seconds, Callie, Clauds, and Agents 3, 4, and 8 had begun to cry. The Main Six laid their hands on them to cheer them up.

"Goodbye, Captain.", choked out Agents 3, 4, and 8.

Clauds was too choked up to speak. As tears splashed down Callie's face, Clauds gave her a hug to cheer her up. Three minutes later, the sorrow had passed for everyone and Callie had dried her tears for the moment. She knew that there would be more tears coming when Marie was rescued.

"Goodbye, Grandpa. May you be at peace", she whispered as she kissed Cuttlefish on the forehead.

Just then, the radio call that came in earlier started coming in a second time. This time it was much clearer.

"Agent down. I need rescue. Can anyone hear me?", said a voice that they recognized in a flash.

"Marie, is that you?", Callie called back.

"CALLIE! I KNEW YOU'D COME BACK FOR ME!!", replied Marie.

"It isn't just me. I am bringing the entire Squidbeak Splatoon, Clauds, and some temporary agents as well.", Callie replied to her cousin.

"Please hurry, he has me hung upside down. I have had a headache already and I feel another one coming."

Hearing Marie say that made Callie feel sorry, but they pressed on to save her.

Twilight asked the agents what the ninth weapon was that they had, but Callie said to wait and see.