• Published 17th Aug 2022
  • 603 Views, 6 Comments

Phantoms - TheFictionalWriter



Twilight has served as Equestria's princess for a long time now, but with each passing year she can feel the memories of each adventure blur. Like faded pages, their meanings have wavered & have become torturous as she tries to remember anything.

  • ...
0
 6
 603

My Final Letter

My Dearest Friends,

I now remember what we have accomplished, what we stood for, and who we helped. I can now see into our past and remember our adventures. I can call back what lessons we learned and what we once taught. I have sat alone here for ages now, and I have lost much of what we had, but now I understand why. I had mourned all of you, and I had grieved deeply. Even with the knowledge of a lifetime and the strength of a princess, I still could not handle losing all of you.

I now realize that you’ve never truly left me. The broken glass, the faded memories, this wonderful scrapbook. Every part of this city holds significance, even if I was blind to it for so long. My heart still aches and my eyes still water. Failure and success have been beside me every step of the way since you all have been gone.

While Canterlot has fallen into ruin, I have created three gems. With a bit of hope, these will help Harmony endure in Equestria even after I am gone. I’ve poured much of my magic into their creation, but when I found this book, I could feel the magic in the air, I could feel its touch and its strength. I could feel all of you with me.

Finding you all again has been the greatest gift I could have been given. We have been together already in my dreams, and I can feel that soon we will be together again as a whole. As friends and as family.

I’m sorry for the tears dotting this letter, but you all have meant so much to me, and now I can relive our adventures, one by one, together again. It may have been a long time ago now, but I’m eager to know what comes next.

I thought I’d let you all know how much your friendships have meant to me.

Thank you.

Your Dearest Friend,

Twilight Sparkle.

Author's Note:

:yay: Thanks for reading! This has been in the works for roughly a half a year, I wasn't sure if I was going to do it or not, but I'm very glad I did!

I'd like to give a hearty thank you to my friends on Discord, I really could not do this without your inputs! Thank you again and again! <3

Inspiration come highly from these songs:
Elemental & Old Phantoms by PrinceWhateverer
Magic (And the rest of the Elemental album) by RE:MAKE
Chant of Immortality & Thought I'd Let You Know by 4everfreebrony

This project would not be able to have been done without their music :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 5 )

The road to this new Equestria was paid with parties, battles, laughs, and a bit of magic.

Don't you mean paved?

11334209
Yes, haha, thank you for catching that. It's been fixed.

11335694
There is no profanity nor is it marked for such. Please do not put questionable links into the comments.

This is pretty good what was your thoughts when you wrote this?

11336353
I always had it in my head cannon that Twilight would outlive her friends & I wanted to adapt that to "Elemental" by Princewhateverer, as it gave me the majority of the inspiration to actually write this, specifically the latter part of the video where it shows Twilight alone in a crumbling Canterlot, but I wanted to take the lyrics from "Old Phantoms" as that's what started this.

Originally it was only going to be a single somber chapter, ending with Twilight just kinda fading away, but after my friend read it for the first time they inspired me to make the second chapter and eventually the third for a more fulfilling ending.

My personal thoughts during writing this were mostly channeling my own experiences with loss of close friends with the sense of being completely isolated and ignored and what kind of gnawing that can do to someone like Twilight that built her everything around friendship.

Also sorry for the long reply lol, thanks for the compliment and the comment! :twilightsheepish:

Login or register to comment