• Published 4th May 2022
  • 355 Views, 4 Comments

Equestria Girls Final Fantasy Adventures - GuardianDemonsWriter



After an encounter with a mysterious painting, Flash Sentry encounters a new world.

  • ...
3
 4
 355

Chapter VII: Interlude I.

“So, we are back in Equestria now, not in my world?” Flash asked as he and Twilight stood in the darkened room, the only light source coming from Twilight’s horn.

“Yep, looks like it. Not really sure on how we got here, and I don’t know where we are exactly, but since we are both ponies, I can say that yes, we are indeed in Equestria,” Twilight responded. “Where we are in Equestria is another question,”.

“Do you think you could shine that light on where I had just come from?” Flash asked.


“Sure,” Twilight responded as she shone her light where Flash had come from. It was a painting not unlike the one at the museum. The art style was similar. Only instead of an airship, the painting featured Beatrix facing down Zidane and the others. “Interesting,” Twilight mused. “This painting seems to be similar to the one at the museum. She slowly reached her hoof out to touch it. The painting did not respond to her touch. “Well, it seems like it was a one way trip,” she stated, “but enough of that, we should probably find out where we are so we can get you back home,”.

“Yeah, I’m sure my parents might be wondering where I am,” Flash responded.

The two of them walked through the room which had other paintings hanging on the walls. Some were covered in sheets. And some were obscured by darkness. They eventually found a door in the back which was locked. Fortunet;y, Twilight knew of a spell that could unlock it. Once she cast it, she opened the door to reveal a set of spiraling stairs going upwards. The two of them started to climb up them, but there where a lot of stairs. “Do you mind if we fly up these stairs?” Twilight asked Flash.

“Sure, my legs…er hooves are getting tired,” said Flash. He then realized something. “Wait, I haven’t flown since Spring Break when I was here last. So I might be a bit rusty,”.

“That’s true,” said Twilight. “But don’t worry. I’ll help you,” she assured him. The two then took off. Even though Flash’s flying was a bit rusty, he was able to get the hang of it, and the two flew up until they reached the top of the stairs to another door. After Twilight unlocked it again, they exited the door.

“Wait,” said Twilight. “This is…Canterlot Castle? I didn’t know it had a secret room with a bunch of paintings that lead to other worlds. Princess Celestia didn’t tell me…wait,” she said, just realizing that if they meet Celestia, Flash might feel a bit awkward. “Uh, Flash, if we see Princess Celestia, could you uh…promise not to freak out? I know she’s a princess here, and you are used to her being your principal and all,” she said awkwardly.

“Um, sure Twilight,” Flash said. “I can do that for you,”.

“Good,” Twilight replied as the two went down the hallway. There weren’t any guards around, so they were able to go as they pleased. “We will have to go through the throne room to get to the exit,” Twilight said. “Then we can fly to Ponyville. You think you can handle that?” she asked. Flash nodded. They turned a corner and came out to the throne room. “Just relax and don’t be too nervous,” Twilight assured Flash.

It was then that Celestia noticed them. “Oh, Twilight, I didn’t know you were visiting!” she said looking up from her papers. “And…who is this?” she asked, looking at Flash.

“Well, it wasn’t a planned visit, and this is…the human world’s Flash,” said Twilight while Flash respectfully bowed.

“I see. How did he get here exactly?” Celestia asked.

“Well, you see, there was this painting at a museum in his world. And when he approached it, that world’s Pinkie knocked him into it. Sunset called me and I went to investigate. I was also brought to that world. We met a few interesting people there, and then suddenly we were back here in Equestria again,” Twilight explained before stopping to catch her breath.

“You didn’t happen to meet a blonde-haired boy who had a tail, right?” Celestia asked.

“Er yeah, we did,” said Twilight. “He was quite the flirt,”.

“Interesting,” Celestia muttered. She seemed to have an amused look on her face. Flash could swear he could hear her mutter something about Zidane, but it wasn’t really clear.

“Is there something wrong, Celestia?” Twilight asked.

Celestia suddenly snapped back after she looked like she was in deep thought. “Sorry about that. I’ll have to look into this,” she stated. “In the meantime, you should probably get Flash back to his world,”.

“Right, we better get on that,” said Twilight awkwardly. The two of them started to leave the castle. As they were leaving, they nearly ran into Luna who was entering the throne room.

“Sister, have you seen my…” she started before she noticed Flash. “I didn’t know Shining and Cadence were visiting,” she stated.

“Oh, no. Luna, this is the other Flash. The one from the human world,” said Twilight. Flash then bowed respectfully.

“Oh, so you are Sir Flash of Canterlot High?” Luna asked, “well then it’s an honor to meet Twilight Sparkle’s suitor,” she said.

That comment made both Twilight and Flash go bright red. “S-suitor?” Twilight sputtered.

“Yes, I remember you telling me how Sir Flash assisted you during your quest to get your crown back,” said Luna. “I wondered if he was truly the gentlecolt that you described him as. And I see that thou are,” she says, addressing Flash.

“Luna, it’s n-nothing like that!” Twilight huffed.

“The fact that you are sputtering in your speech and your coat color has changed begs to differ, Twilight Sparkle,” Luna replied.

Flash had to admit, the pony Luna shared the exact same imposing presence as his vice principal did. She’d get like that whenever she scolded a student (in particular, whenever the Diamond Dudes tried digging for gems in the school grounds). Despite this, this other Luna was pretty polite.

“L-let’s just go,” said Twilight as she began to leave, Flash following behind her.

“It was nice to meet you” he called out to Luna as they left.

As soon as they left, Celestia approached Luna. “Twilight is so lucky. Too bad she’s not realizing her feelings,”.

“Are you just saying that because you fell in love with that Mirror Sombra?” Luna asked.

“Well…maybe,” said Celestia.

“Let’s just hope that Shining Armor does not find out about this,” said Luna.

“Oh, yeah. He’d definitely go ‘overprotective-big-brother mode’,” said Celestia, giggling a bit.


After some consideration, Twilight decided that it would be best to take the train back to Ponyville instead of flying. Mainly because Flash wasn’t used to flying. He felt a little guilty that Twilight was the one who had to pay for the train tickets (as he didn’t know how to find his wallet, or where ponies kept their money anyways), but she assured him that it was fine. They rode in silence on the train for a while.

“So,” Flash started. “Do you think it will be daytime in…my world?” he asked, whispering the last part.

“I think so. Our worlds are more synced up now, so it should be fine,” Twilight assured him. “Anyways, I hope Celestia finds something about that world we’ve been too. It sounds like she is familiar with it,”.

“It also seems to me that it’s too coincidental that she knows of a world that exists as a video game in my world,” Flash responded.

“Yeah, though Sunset told me that apparently there’s a video game series that has a character named ‘Tirek’ in it, while Tirek is a real creature here. Granted, I’m sort of glad that there’s not a counterpart as far as I know,” Twilight responded.

“There is,” Flash said.

“Huh?” Twilight asked, a bit confused and shocked at the same time.

“There is a guy who goes by the nickname ‘Tirek’. He works at the post office. He’s a bit grumpy, but he’s actually pretty nice. This was a bit before Sunset arrived,”.

“That’s interesting. Well, I guess if he’s not planning on ruling the world anytime soon, then it’s all good,” siad Twilight.

“Heh, yeah,” said Flash. “Apparently, there was this guy who was dressed up like a Christmas elf who threw a party this one time, and Tirek actually enjoyed it. He accidentally let it slip one time when we were on a field trip, and Pinkie didn’t let him hear the end of it”

“That’s…interesting. Weird, but interesting.” said Twilight.

Eventually, the train arrived at Ponyville. “Okay, now that we are here, we should get to my castle,” said Twilight as the two of them walked through town. They noticed that ponies where giving them odd looks,

“Do you think that they might think that we are…” Flash started before seeing Twilight’s horn glow.

“Hold on, this might feel a bit weird,” she said as a bright flash of violet light surrounded the two. When the flash cleared, both were gone. The townsfolk quickly dispersed as soon as they gathered.


Twilight teleported right into her castle’s foyer with Flash in tow. “Sorry about the sudden teleportation Flash, but I wanted to get us out of there before everypony started to ask questions,”.

“It’s alright,” said Flash, his head a bit dizzy. “I haven’t experienced teleportation before, so I obviously wouldn’t be used to it,”.

“That’s good,” said Twilight, as she led him through the halls. “My portal room is just down this hallway, so it shouldn’t take us long to get you back home,”.

“That’s cool,” said Flash.

As they were on their way to the portal room, they encountered Starlight coming out of a side room. “Oh, Twilight, you’re back!” she said.

“Hi Starlight, how were things while I was gone?” Twilight asked.

“Oh, the same as usual,” said Starlight. “Since you were gone for two days, Sunset messaged you in the journal, so I had to answer for her. Then I had to tell the others about it, but they figured that you’d be alright especially since you were ‘off to save your coltfriend’ as Rarity put it,”.

She had said that one line in Rarity’s voice. Flash figured that she must have used some sort of magic. Twilight on the other hand was going red again. “Coltfriend? Why would they think that?” she asked.

“Oh, well, you go by yourself to rescue him from another world? Yeah, that’s not suspicious at all,” Starlight said sarcastically. Twilight and Flash both sweatdropped at that statement.

“Right, so uh, let’s get him home then,” said Twilight as they went to her portal room, the journal being where Twilight left it. “Just got to write a message to Sunset and we should be good to go!” said Twilight.

“Hey, Sunset! It’s me Twilight. I rescued Flash, and am ready to bring him home!”

Twilight waited for a few moments to see if Sunset would reply. After a few minutes, some text appeared in the journal.

“Twilight? Oh, that’s greaaaaaaat, Sorry, you sort of woke me up in the middle of the night. I can’t get to the portal right now, so Flash would have to stay there for now,”.

“Really? I thought time was sort of the same between our worlds,”.

“Actually, it’s a few minutes off. Anyways, I talked to Flash’s bandmates and they agreed to let Flash’s family know that he’s hanging out with them on the weekend to explain his absence. His parents didn’t mind, since they are not around much anyways,”.

“Well, that’s good to hear at least. I’ll see you tomorrow I guess?”

There was no response from the journal as Sunset had already fallen back asleep.

Twilight turned to look at Flash. “Sorry Flash, looks like we have to wait until tomorrow to get you back home.

“It’s alright Twilight, I’m sure I can find somewhere to stay for the night,” Flash responded.

“You know I can prepare one of the guest rooms for you. I have so many, and most are pretty much empty,” Twilight told him.

“Well, empty except for all the ones she had filled with books,” said Starlight, causing Twilight to give her an annoyed look.

“I don’t want to be a bother Twilight, I’m sure I can find somewhere in town to stay, although I don’t know how to access my money,” Flash responded.

“You just think of grabbing your money and it will appear, but that’s not the point, Flash. You’re my guest, and you won’t be a bother to me,” said Twilight. “Plus, we don’t want the townsfolk to really know that you’re a human,”.

“Are you sure?” Flash asked.

“I’m a Princess, so I officially order you to stay here at my castle,” said Twilight. “That came out weird, I know. But you are technically a visitor from another land, and I am the ruler here, so I am technically supposed to grant you shelter,”.

“Well, all right then, if you say so,” said Flash.

“Now then, I’m sure you’re hungry after our little adventure today, and I’m feeling a bit hungry myself, so let’s get something to eat,” said Twilight as she and Flash headed to the main room, Starlight following close behind.

Author's Note:

There will be a bonus scene in the fanfiction.net version of this chapter.