• Published 22nd Jun 2023
  • 1,543 Views, 33 Comments

G5 Adventures in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge out of Water - ponydog127



Our intrepid crew of heroes braves the deepest ocean with SpongeBob SquarePants, his friends and some royal hippogriff sisters to stop Opaline's latest plot, which involves the kidnapping of Sparky and stealing his dragon fire.

  • ...
3
 33
 1,543

Across the Surface

SpongeBob SquarePants and his friends were leading everyone from Bikini Bottom on a major journey across the sea floor to find the Krabby Patty secret formula, after having smelled the scent of Krabby Patties before he was set to be executed, only to be saved by Sunny, Misty, the rest of the Equestrians and their new friends-- royal sisters Queen Skygrace and Princess Riverstream.

Along the journey, the Equestrians realized that they were a lot smaller than they thought they were-- as small as a regular fish would look at home. But despite their small size, they decided to do all they could to make sure their friends would be safe on their life changing journey.

They followed SpongeBob through all different kinds of places, such as the following:

  • A gigantic shipwreck
  • A barren snowy wasteland
  • A desert
  • A canyon

The group found themselves becoming closer to Skygrace and Riverstream, and SpongeBob and his friends found themselves doing the same-- even giving them temporary residence in Bikini Bottom once everything was over.

Suddenly, after crossing the never-ending desert, SpongeBob could feel the Krabby Patties' scent getting even stronger than before. “Come on, guys! I think it's just over this hill!”

But when they got over the hill, they realized the smell was going up to the surface, leading everyone from Bikini Bottom to groan. “How do you expect us to go up to the surface?!” Squidward asked. “We won't be able to breathe!”

“We will find a way, but we just need a plan,” Queen Skygrace said in thought, but then, a fish from the crowd spoke up. “All right. All secondary characters, come with me.”

Most of the fish started to head to Bikini Bottom, and Squidward even started to follow them with a deadpan expression. “Yeah, I'm with you guys.”

“No way, Squidward,” Zipp swam in front of him before pointing up at the surface. “You're going up there with us!”

“But, we can only turn into regular ponies on land, and Riverstream and the queen can become hippogriffs with those necklaces,” Sunny reasoned. “How can they go up there with us when they can't breathe?”

As the ponies tried to think of a solution to the problem, Patrick whined from behind them. “My feet hurt...”

“Patrick, you don't have feet,” SpongeBob frowned, and Patrick gasped at realizing that SpongeBob was right. “Well, it's not fair. You have feet. Sandy has feet. Squidward and the ponies have feet.”

“Actually, in pony form, we all have four feet,” Misty said, and Patrick grumbled in protest. While this debate went on, Plankton crept closer and hid in SpongeBob’s sock. “It's not about feet!” SpongeBob protested, and Squidward scoffed at that. “What is it about then?”

“It's about being a team and sticking together no matter what!”

“SpongeBob is right,” Riverstream said. “We just need to find the right magic to help us get where we're going. Then we can find the patty formula, the dragon and Opaline.”

But Squidward was still rather skeptical. “The only way we're going up there is if some fairy godmother shows up and helps us breathe air.”

Before anyone else could respond, a glowing ball of light came closer and closer, prompting them to shield their eyes from the brightness. When their eyes opened again, SpongeBob and the ponies immediately recognized who was in front of them, but SpongeBob was the only one able to speak. “Bubbles!!”

“SpongeBob! You know this guy?!” Riverstream asked. “Um... sort of,” Misty said awkwardly. “He's the magical space dolphin that nearly killed us after he got fired... and Sunny kinda chewed him out big time.”

Sunny chuckled nervously at that. “Uh, heh... oops?”

“Don't hurt us!” SpongeBob pleaded to Bubbles, getting on his knees. “We're sorry we got you fired!”

“Hurt you?” Bubbles clicked. “Why, I traveled back through time to thank you. I've been stuck in that job for eons. After Sunny had stood up to me, I realized that I needed a change, but I was too afraid to go for it.”

SpongeBob and Sunny smiled in relief, just as the others came over. “Well, Bubbles,” SpongeBob said, “I'm glad we could help.”

“Now, it is my turn to help. I can get you safely to the surface. Now,” Bubbles clicked, getting closer, “quick, all of you. Get in my mouth.”

“Um... royal queens first,” Zipp bowed to Queen Skygrace, who allowed herself to come forward as if it was natural. “Come on, all-- let's go!”

But not many of the others were ready to be convinced to do such a feat. “There's no way I'm climbing into some dolphin's mouth,” Squidward spoke with a frown. “Yeah,” Mr. Krabs agreed with the statement. “This guy just wants a free lunch.”

“But--” Skygrace tried to say, but SpongeBob stopped her curtiously. “It's okay, your highness, let me take care of it,” he offered before turning to his friends. “Guys, if Bubbles has the courage to quit his dead end nowhere job and travel back through time to help us, then we need to have the courage to--”

Suddenly, Bubbles captured everyone in his mouth and started swimming up toward the surface. Inside of Bubbles' mouth, Hitch sighed after the ponies' tails turned back into legs and tails, and the royal sisters turned back into hippogriffs. “Well, I never thought I'd be eaten by a dolphin.”

“No, if he was eating us, he'd be chewing us up and we'd be going down there,” SpongeBob pointed down Bubbles' throat before kicking back. “This is what you call riding in style.”

Pipp groaned as her wings were covered in spit from Bubbles' mouth. “More like riding in saliva.

Squidward sighed, fidgeting slightly. “Not a lot of leg room in here.”

“Well, maybe if you didn't have four feet!” Patrick called back. At the same time, unbeknownst to the others, Plankton emerged from SpongeBob’s sock out of breath. “Note to self: never stow away in a gym sock.”

Bubbles finally emerged from and floated above the ocean before opening his blowhole, letting sunlight into the mouth and letting SpongeBob and his friends feel it for the first time. “What's happening?” Patrick asked in wonder. “I feel tingly!”

Bubbles spit everyone out of the blowhole, allowing them to scream as they fell back toward the ground, only for Bubbles to slap them right back onto the beach. “Ow...” Squidward groaned. “My neck!”

Misty turned SpongeBob over with her horn while everyone else stood on their own. “I've done all I can,” Bubbles told them. “The rest is up to you.”

“Thank you, Bubbles!” SpongeBob said as he and the ponies waved. “Farewell, Sunny Starscout and SpongeBob,” Bubbles greeted, and Sunny saluted with a smile. “Farewell, Bubbles!”

“Now, to update my-- hmm-mm-mm... r-r-résumé! ”

And just like that, Bubbles flew off and out of sight as Riverstream and her sister took to the air after so many moons. “My goodness... it feels amazing to fly again!” Skygrace laughed, and Sandy took off her helmet to breathe in some fresh air. “Ah, fresh air. Oh, how I've missed you.”

“Ugh! This place smells awful!” Squidward covered his nose, just as SpongeBob found the Krabby Patty scent again. “Come on, guys. Let's get the Krabby Patty formula and save Bikini Bottom!”

The group then trekked through the sand and around the giant beach goers, and SpongeBob's eyes went as wide as saucers. “Whoa... what is this place?” he wondered, and Mr. Krabs couldn't help but shudder. “I have a bad feeling about this...”

“Maybe this guy knows where we are,” Patrick walked up to a bare foot. “He looks smart. He's got five heads.”

“Excuse me, sir,” Riverstream poked the foot with her claw. “Do you know where we can find this Krabby Patty thing SpongeBob cooks on a daily basis?”

But like the ponies expected, the foot did not respond. “Hey!” Patrick poked the foot. “The hippo princess is talking to you!”

“Uh, hippogriff, Patrick.”

“Isn't that what I said?”

Pipp and Zipp frowned at Riverstream's behavior, and Pipp whispered over to her sister. “Do they know that's just a person's foot?”

“I don't think so,” Zipp whispered back. “But I kinda wanna see where it goes.”

SpongeBob wondered why the foot wasn't responding, and looked around to see that the foot was connected to a sleeping sunbather. “A giant, hairy porpoise! It's beached! It's suffering...” he said, sadly getting on his knees. “Poor thing...”

“Y'all,” Sandy tried to explain, “those aren't porpoises--”

“All hands on deck!” Mr. Krabs shouted, and everyone joined SpongeBob and Riverstream near the sunbather. “We need to get these guys back in the water!”

And like that, the gang, alongside the queen and Riverstream, flipped the sunbather over to the ocean and Mr. Krabs yelled "Heave!" and everyone else yelled "Ho!".

But after a minute, they began to get increasingly tired.

“Put your backs in to it!”

“Come on, push!”

But, like the ponies expected, they were all smushed underneath the sunbather when he fell on top of them, prompting Squidward to sigh. “Well, I guess this is where that horrible smell was coming from.”

“No problem!” Izzy chirped. “We'll dig our way out!”

Everyone followed the unicorn's advice and started burrowing out from under the sunbather's back and they run into a shovel, bumping into it. They then split into different directions, and they popped out of a girl's sand castle and turned to see her staring in fascination. “Whoa...”

“Excuse me dear,” Skygrace said politely. “Do you know where we can find a Krabby Patty around here?”

Suddenly, a little boy, probably the girl's brother, came over, looking angry. “Invaders!”

“Uh oh...” Sunny and SpongeBob said nervously, and the queen, her sister, Pipp and Zipp flew up to prevent potential impact. “You get out of my sister's sand castle!”

The boy kicked the remaining group off in different directions, but Misty and Sunny stayed with Sandy and SpongeBob (who landed on an umbrella, Hitch with Squidward (on the back of a sunbather) and Izzy with Mr. Krabs (crashing into a cotton candy machine).

Patrick, however, landed in the giant ice cream cone of a little boy, and his eyes widened in awe. “Ahh... where have you been all my life?!”

While Patrick devoured the ice cream, Hitch and Squidward tried to stand up on a sunbather's back, but her back was oily, and they couldn't stand up all the way. “Oh, Frank...” the sunbather sighed. “That's so good...”

The little boy with the ice cream tossed it away, and it collided into Squidward and Hitch, knocking them down while Patrick popped out of the cone. “Oh, hey, Hitch and Squidward!”

“Ugh...”

XXXXXXXXX

“Girls! Sandy! The Krabby Patty!” SpongeBob ran on the top of the umbrella, making it spin. “I see where it's coming from!”

“I... can't!” Misty groaned. “Too... dizzy!”

A beachgoer began to collapse the umbrella, but when it sprung back open, they were sent flying into the cotton candy machine with Mr. Krabs and Izzy, just as the fliers came down to them, Zipp speaking first. “Is everypony okay?!”

“Ooh... as good as we can be,” Sunny groaned, just as Patrick and the others approached. “SpongeBob, you would not believe the size of the ice creams here!” Patrick said. “I wonder what other giant snacks they have...”

That's when he and SpongeBob noticed the cotton candy machine, and the two of them, Riverstream and Sandy climbed on top of it. “If you ate all that,” Riverstream noticed, “you'd have enough energy to run around the whole world!”

SpongeBob and Patrick dove in, not wasting another second, and devoured as much cotton candy as their mouths would hold. However, this led to a massive sugar rush that made them believe they really were running around the world...

...when it was really just Izzy and Riverstream flipping postcards. “Yah!!” Squidward was covering his ears. “When is the sugar gonna wear off?!”

SpongeBob and Patrick fell flat on their faces, much to Squidward's relief, and SpongeBob got up and sniffed around as he climbed the postcard rack. “Hey, guys! I smell Krabby Patties!” he said, jumping down and running ahead. “I think it's this way!”

But sooner than they thought, SpongeBob and the others had to dodge bike riders all over the sidewalk. They ran to the side, but Squidward immediately got caught in the fray, causing Sandy to pick him up and carried him in her arms to safety. Pipp panted tiredly from exhaustion. “Now what?!”

“We're never gonna make it!” Squidward panted. But as Patrick bumped his head against a bike pedal, Skygrace seemed to get an idea. “Does anyone know how to work this contraption? I think I found our way to the formula.”

XXXXXXXXX

“Heave!”

“Ho!”

“Heave!”

“Ho!”

SpongeBob and Patrick jumped down on the pedals repeatedly as Sandy, Mr. Krabs and Squidward steered, and the ponies and hippogriffs rode in the basket. SpongeBob couldn't believe it-- it as actually working! “We're doing it, guys!”

A skateboarder noticed them working the bike and hit a light post before they came towards a stroller. “Hold on!” Sandy cried. “Huh?!” SpongeBob leaned to the left. “LEAN!!!”

“Starboard!”

Together, they steered the bike away from the stroller and rode up a surfing board like a ramp, and they screamed as they fell off the bike and into a soft, towel filled wagon. “River?” Skygrace approached her sister. “Are you all right?”

“Whoo... can we do it again?!” Riverstream asked, and this elicited a chuckle from her sister. But then, the group gasped at what they saw-- Burger Beard's ship had "Home of the Krabby Patty" printed right on the sail. “What?! Home of the Krabby Patty?” SpongeBob questioned. “But the Krusty Krab is the home of the Krabby Patty! Mr. Krabs, what are we gonna do?!”

“$8.99 for a Krabby Patty?!” Mr. Krabs pushed SpongeBob aside. “Why didn't I think of that?”

“Well then... come on, everyone,” Queen Skygrace assumed a leaderly tone. “Let's see what this is all about, then.”

XXXXXXXXX

Burger Beard was happily flipping burgers while Opaline had went to a hidden location in the city to continue the dragon fire draining, but that's when SpongeBob and the others entered right through the window. Mr. Krabs was first to speak, and it was say it wasn't a happy tone. “You...!”

Burger Beard quickly turned and dropped the spatula out of shock, while Queen Skygrace spread her wings with a scowl. “Cease and desist that patty flipping at once!”

“Yeah!” SpongeBob nodded fiercely. “That's my job!”

“How did you get here?” Burger Beard asked them. “Many of you cannot breathe air.”

“Well,” Riverstream began explaining cheerfully, “there was this magical dolphin from the future who shot us out of his blowhole and then--”

“Wai-wai-wait! Wait...” Burger Beard grabbed the book and skimmed through it. “That's not in the book.”

“Book?” Mr. Krabs asked as Burger Beard continued. “There's no magical dolphin in this story.”

“What story?” Mr. Krabs asked suspiciously, and Burger Beard slammed the book shut. “The story of how Bikini Bottom and Equestria was brought to its knees when its beloved Krabby Patty formula was stolen by me, Burger Beard.”

Everyone stared on in shock, but only Patrick seemed to look on in childlike innocence. “How does it end?”

“Well, let me see...” Burger Beard hummed. “It looks like, um, Burger Beard becomes the richest food truck proprietor in all of the land while a dear friend of mine becomes a powerful queen of a land that should be hers.”

Misty shuddered when she heard that all-too familiar description. “Opaline...”

“I was thinking the same thing... and not in a good way,” Skygrace added. But there was one thing that didn't make any sense with SpongeBob. “But... how did you steal the formula?”

“That was easy,” Burger Beard said. “I simply rewrote the story and... poof!”

He held the formula bottle up in his hand, and SpongeBob gasped as Mr. Krabs' eyes widened. “Me formuler!”

“What do you mean rewrote the story?” Zipp asked suspiciously. “Watch this,” Burger Beard began writing in the book. “The brave and handsome Burger Beard banished our poor heroes to be stranded on Pelican Island!

Everyone screamed as they disappeared from the ship, and Burger Beard smirked triumphantly. “The... end!”

XXXXXXXXX

The group had reappeared on Pelican Island-- an unsteady piece of rock right in the middle of the ocean, with pelicans flying all around it. “Oh, this looks bad,” SpongeBob said worriedly. “And these guys look hungry!”

“I don't wanna be pelican food!” Pipp wailed. “I have a concert to go to when we get home!”

“LOOK OUT!!” Riverstream shouted, and everyone ducked before they were eaten by a pelican, but Patrick was barely holding onto the edge. Squidward sighed and brushed themselves off. “Nice. So this is what teamwork gets you.”

“Here!” Mr. Krabs held Squidward up to the sky. “Take Squidward, you vile beasts!”

“Mr. Krabs! You don't mean that!” Sunny nudged him scoldingly. “I wanna be on a new team!” Patrick whimpered. “This one's broken!”

“Sandy, you're smart,” Zipp said as she helped SpongeBob pull Patrick up onto solid ground. “Any ideas?”

“I ain't been too smart since I found this old piece of paper!” Sandy slammed the piece of paper torn from the book down on the ground, but no one noticed Plankton smirking from SpongeBob’s sock.

The sponge in question was majorly confused. “What?”

“INCOMING!!!” Izzy cried, and SpongeBob's body hid in his pants and popped out with another idea. “Wait a minute!”

He leapt out and grabbed a pelican feather before landing. “Now all we need is some ink...” he said before looking down at the ground. “Oh, which Squidward has helpfully provided.”

Squidward had inked right in front of the group, and Squidward blushed in embarrassment. “It happens when I'm nervous.”

SpongeBob dipped the feather into the ink before he began writing on the page. “Whatever you're gonna do,” said Hitch, “make it quick! They're closing in on us!!!”

“I'm gonna write us all out an ending,” SpongeBob said as a pelican roared in Patrick's face. “Will it be a happy ending?!”

“It's gonna be super powered!”

SpongeBob slammed the feather down, and a bright light enveloped them before they disappeared from the island... leaving only Plankton and the feather and page behind, and the one eyed creature smirked and lifted the feather high. “I'll show you a happy ending...”

This was bound to be his chapter... he just knew it.