• Published 17th Aug 2023
  • 217 Views, 3 Comments

A Change of Political Decisions For the Better - coolpony01



There is a unicorn by the name of Starlight Sparkle who wishes for a fairer society for all non ponies

  • ...
 3
 217

Ch 7

The date is May 1 2004 Starlight Sparkle is going to meet with the other members of parliament today. She will address the problems Ponyville is dealing with concerning the oppression the other members of parliament and the royal guard have given out to a group of people simply because they do not like them. This needs to be stopped.

Starlight Sparkle walked down the hallway “It doesn’t matter what I say Chair lady Ivory Scroll will likely refuse to see reason.” Starlight Sparkle thought aloud.

She went inside the meeting place and took her seat. “This meeting is now in session; there are no new laws that need to be voted on or revoked; anyone is allowed to express their concerns.” Chair lady Ivory Scroll said.
“Chair lady Ivory Scroll Ponyville does not wish to continue to have innocent civilians oppressed by this parliament and the royal guard for not liking them.” Starlight Sparkle spoke.

“Starlight Sparkle those scum do not deserve such luxuries.” Ivory Scroll spoke.

“Chair lady Ivory Scroll it is our duty as parliament to do what is best for our citizens. To discriminate against them for biased reasons is selfish and isn’t within our authority.” Starlight Sparkle contoured.

“Enough your behavior has been in parliament for too long Starlight Sparkle. I Chair lady Ivory Scroll hereby revoke your title as a delegate of parliament you will be replaced with a more reasonable delegate.” Chair lady Ivory Scroll decreed.

“What I haven’t done anything that would allow me to be removed from parliament you have no authority to do this.” Starlight Sparkle spoke.

“I have every right to remove a mare who won’t do what is good for Equestria.” Chair lady Ivory Scroll said.

Starlight Sparkle got out of her seat and walked towards the exit with as much dignity and strength as she could.

Starlight Sparkle began to trot back to the room she was staying in. “How could Chair lady Ivory Scroll remove my seat in parliament I was only addressing the unlawful oppression of innocent civilians. Why is she acting so absurd.” Starlight Sparkle thought. She used her telekinesis to pack all of her belongings; she will have to inform the other officials of Ponyville what transpired.

Starlight Sparkle took the ten AM. train to Ponyville ready to inform her fellow town officials what happened once she arrived.

Starlight Sparkle got out her cassette and put her headphones on and began to listen to old songs from her teenage years. She needs this. Music helps her calm down and relax. She will need this during these tough times.
Two hours later Starlight Sparkle arrived in Ponyville and began to walk around the town. It isn't very grand, the buildings are less big and were quite simple, the non ponies looked less nourished and some had cuts and bruises from the royal guard. She knows this needs to be stopped. Starlight however knows members of parliament won’t stop these absurd actions.
Ivory Scroll herself probably approved someone with the same views as her, someone who doesn’t care that much for non ponies.

Starlight Sparkle walked in the building where the mayor lives; she then trotted down the hallways towards the mayor's office. When she got to the door a light purple magical ora covered her horn as she opened the door.

“Starlight Sparkle, you're back early.” The mayor said surprised.

Starlight Sparkle let out a sigh “When I addressed to Chair lady Ivory Scroll the oppression of citizens like non ponies and the royal guard and stated that it needed to be stopped she got angry and removed me as the parliament delegate of Ponyville.” She spoke.

“What she had no authority to oust you from parliament this is absurd.” Mayor Golden Quill said angered by the actions of the chair lady.

“It is absurd but there’s nothing we can do about it at the moment. We should inform the other town officials about this.” Starlight Sparkle said.

Hours later the town official of Ponyville met up. Starlight Sparkle found out that Chair lady Ivory Scroll replaced her with Harmony Heart. She’s a unicorn mare with a light pink coat, a pink curly mane and tail, pink eyes, and a pink heart for a cutie mark. She’s one of the ponies in Ponyville that discriminates people based off their species, heritage, or nationality. She also tries to bring in a bit too much taxes which it isn’t a surprise why Ivory Scroll picked her.

The meeting with the town officials then began.

“The first thing we have to discuss is the unlawful removal of our delegate Starlight Sparkle.” The mayor said.

“This is absurd the Chair lady removed our delegate just for addressing the necessary changes that need to be made for our citizens. And she replaced her with a selfish brat who puts her own beliefs over her own citizens.” a Pegasus Stallion said clearly outraged by the decision of the chair lady.

“There is unfortunately nothing we can do at the moment the majority of parliament will clearly vote in favor of Chair lady Ivory Scroll and her decision to remove Starlight Sparkle as delegate of Ponyville.”
“This is absurd Parliament are becoming a herd of sheep who will go to their wits end to follow their leader.” a mare bat pony said.
“That made be true but there’s nothing we can do the majority of parliament are at favor with Chair lady Ivory Scroll and they will vote to approve of her decision. Until we can do something about this we will simply have to endure.” Mayor Golden Quill said.