• Published 22nd Oct 2023
  • 593 Views, 10 Comments

The Royal Three: Season Two - Kingstar008



The Yukon triplets are ready for anything that comes their way. Luckily for them, Equestria has a lot in store for them.

  • ...
2
 10
 593

A day with the Breeze family.

December 2, 1010, A.G
10:20 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79EsaMCYo4o&pp=ygUiY2hlc3RudXRzIHJvYXN0aW5nIG9uIGFuIG9wZW4gZmlyZQ%3D%3D

It was a beautiful winter day in the city of Canterlot and right now Atlas was driving to a local hotel with Apollo in the passenger seat.

Why? Because Sandune and Harmony were in town, and that meant one thing.

Their nephews are here as well, and they are going to spend the entire day with them and their parents. The last time they saw them was in August. Back then, they grew from tiny babies to fat rambunctious meatballs. Now the brothers could not wait to see how much they grew this time.

After Atlas parked the halftrack in the underground parking lot, he and Apollo took the elevator to the eighth floor and walked down the hall until they found room 816.

After Apollo knocked on the door, they didn’t have to wait long for Harmony to open door.

“Atlas, Apollo, it’s so good to see you two.” Harmony said before giving them a hug.

“It’s good to see you again, Harmony. Happy heartwarming.” Atlas said.

“Happy heartwarming to both of you. Oh, how rude of me come in, come in.” Harmony said as she allowed the brothers to enter and closing the door behind them. “How are you guys doing? How’s Artemis?”

“Oh, we’re doing good. Artemis move to Ponyville back in September so it’s just the two of us.” Atlas answered.

“Why did he move?”

“He thought it was time for him to move in with his marefriend.”

“Good for him.”

“So, where is Sandune?” Apollo ask.

“He’s in the bathroom getting ready. He should be out in a few minutes.” She answered.

Meanwhile with Atlas, he was looking around the large hotel room for his nephews. It didn’t take him long to find the baby sea ponies.

There they were, sitting in the middle living room, playing around with blocks and other baby toys.
They were also wearing puffy winter jackets with their names sewn on them.

“There’s my nephews.”

This got the babies attention. They turn their attention to Atlas and smiled.

Atlas picked all three of them up in his magic making the babies laugh. “Caspian, Adrian, Aegean. Look how much y’all have grown but still fun size. Have your parents been taking good care of you? They better be.” He rhetorically asks.

Adrian tries to grab Atlas’ face. “I’ll take that as a yes.” He said before hugging all three of them. “I miss you guys so much. Hey Apollo, come and see how big the babies got.”

“Awwww. There’s my favorite butterballs.” Apollo took Aegean out of Atlas’ arms and started to tickle the little infant. Making the little guy laugh his head off. “Harmony, have you been over feeding these guys?”

“Nope, they just inherited their father‘s appetite.”

“Are they eating solids yet?” Atlas ask.

“They can but the things they can eat is limited so they are still being breast-fed.”

“Really now? What else can these little guys do?”
Apollo ask.

“Put one of them on the ground and you’ll see.”

“Ok.” Atlas said before putting Adrian down ground with his magic.

Harmony kneeled a few feet away from him. “Come here Adrian, come to mama.”

To the brothers’ surprise, Adrian got up and slowly waddled over to his mom.

“They can walk now?!” They said in shock.

“Yep, they started two weeks ago. You should’ve seen how fast Sandune ran to get the camera.”

“I wouldn’t blame him. The triplets are only nine months old and they’re already walking. next thing you know, they will be speaking before New Year’s.” Apollo said.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if they did. After all, they are going to be turning 10 months old on December 9th.”

A few moments later, Sandune came out of the bathroom. “Honey, I’m ready. Hey Yukons, long time no see.”

“It’s nice to see you too, Sandune. Happy heartwarming.” Atlas smiled.

“Hey Sandune.” Apollo said. “How come you guys didn’t tell us that your kids can walk now?”

“We wanted to surprise you both and judging reaction I just heard a minute ago, it worked.”
Sandune replied.

“We also plan on to surprise Mira with the news as well.” Said Harmony.

“You didn’t tell your sister about this? I know she’s going to be pissed when she finds out.”

“She’ll get over it eventually.” Harmony answered.

“So are you guys ready to go?” Atlas ask.

“Yeah, we are. Just let me just put the triplets in their stroller.”

Sandune pushed the stroller over to the living room and put his kids into their seats and buckled them in.

“Ok, the babies are secured. Lead the way, humans.” He said before they all left the hotel room. When they arrived in the garage, Apollo helped Sandune putting the babies’ detachable car seats into the truck while Atlas put the stroller in the back.

After everyone got in the truck, Atlas turned the keys in the ignition and drove out the garage.

“Since we have a little bit of time until we meet up with Mira, what do you guys want to do first?”
Atlas ask.

“How about we go to a local park? I heard that parks in this city are pretty nice at this time of year.” Sandune said.

“Harmony, do you have any suggestions?”

“Not really. The park sounds nice, and the kids can play the snow for the first time.”

“Ok, the park it is. I know one that you guys will love.” Atlas said

===•••===
10:40 AM

After seven minutes of driving, the halftrack arrived at a park that was located right next to the river, named Riverside Park. A place full of plants that can survive the winter.

“Wow, this place is beautiful.” Harmony said as they walked through the park.

“Are all parks in Canterlot like this?” Sandune asked.

“Not really. Some are beautiful like this one and others are average. Well in Canterlot standards anyway.” Apollo answered.

“Which is why I chose the nicest park in the city. And if you think this is nice, wait till you see the center of this place.” Atlas said.

“What’s in the center of the park?” Harmony ask.

“I can’t tell you. That’s something for you to find out.”

“All right. You’re lucky I like surprises.”

After five minutes walking, they finally arrived at the beating heart of the park.

In front of them was a large clearing with a big oak tree in the center covered in lights and other heartwarming decorations. Perfect place for a romantic picnic or a snowball fight. There was also a small café nearby.

“Now this is a nice place to relax for a little bit.” Sandune said. “Right Harmony?”

“Yeah and we can finally let these three loose.” Harmony said that she took her babies out of their stroller and set them down in the snow.

The three little infants looked around their new surroundings with curiosity. Aegean try to grab some snowflakes out air which made him fall his back, Caspian was just playing in the snow and having a blast and last, but not least Adrian was on his stomach squirming in the snow.

“Aww, look at them they don’t know what to do with themselves.” Apollo said. “I’ll help you out, Adrian.” He put Adrian on his back and helped him to make a snow angel.

“I knew they would enjoyed themselves.” Harmony said quietly.

“I’m going to get some hot chocolate. Do you guys want any?” Sandune ask.

“I do.” Said Harmony.

“Get me a cup, please.” Atlas said.

“Put some marshmallows in mine please.” Apollo said.

“All right, I’ll be back in a few minutes.” Sandune said before he walked away.

“So how is life going since the last time we visited?”
Atlas ask.

“Everything has been going pretty good. Being a mother of three and a model is not easy, but I try my best to make time for them.”

“Is Sandune like a stay at home dad or something?”

“Not really, he just has more free time than me. Especially when surfing season is over. Recently, recently in the infants learned to how to swim across our pool by themselves.”

“I thought they wouldn’t be able to swim for another few years.” Atlas said in surprise.

“Nope, sea pony foals usually learn how to swim when they’re infants or toddlers, but they can’t dive on their own. With their new skills comes with some inconvenient downsides.”

“Like what?”

“Besides swimming in a deep end, they figured out how to prank us by using their magic to splash us when we least expected.”

“For real? Damn these infants are mischievous.”
Atlas laughed.

“When my relatives visited last month, they thought it was hilarious, especially grandpa Icon. If I have to be honest, I’m glad that my little colts don’t know how to use their magic for anything else yet. If they did, I don’t know what I would do with myself.”

“If my mom was here in Equestria, she would’ve told you that the mischievousness does not end when triplets grow up. They can have different personalities and interest, but when it comes to having fun, they have fun.” Atlas said.

“Hmm, that’s good to know.”

A few moments later, Apollo came over to their bench and sat down right next to them.

“Welcome back. How the triplets are doing?”
Atlas ask.

“They’re doing fine as you guys already know, I taught them how to make snow angels.” Apollo pointed at the tiny angels in the snow. “Now, they are playing with little snowmen I made for them.”

“Snowmen? What are those?” Harmony asks in confusion.

“Snow ponies with a different name.”

“Oh, ok.”

Then they heard one of the infants starting to cry.

“I got it.”

Harmony walked over to her children to see what the matter was and saw that Aegean was crying because his snowman’s head has fallen off its body.

“Aegean, don’t cry it’s not the end of the world.”
She said in a motherly tone as she repaired his snowman. “See good as new.”

The infant stopped crying after noticing what his mom did and smiled.

“Be careful this time.” She said before walking away.

A few moments later, Sandune came back with their hot chocolates. “Hey guys, I’m back. Did I miss anything?”

“The only thing you miss was sons making their first snow angels.” Atlas said before taking a sip of his hot chocolate.

“They made their own snow angels?” He asked.

“Yeah, but they didn’t do it on their own. I helped them out. I also made them some snow ponies to play with.” Apollo answered.

“This is definitely going in the picture book.” Sandune said before he got his camera and started taking pictures.

===•••===
11:20 AM

After spending 32 minutes in Riverside Park, it was time for them to go and pick up Mira.

After they arrived at the water taxi station that Mira was going to be dropped off at, Atlas put the halftrack in park and waited for his friend.

It didn’t take long for Mira to arrive.

“Harmony, it’s so good to see you. Happy heartwarming.” Mira greeted as she hugged her big sister.

“It’s good to see you too sis.” Harmony said.

“Happy heartwarming, Sandune. Morning boys.”
Mira said after closing the truck door.

“Morning.” Atlas and Apollo said in unison.

“Happy heartwarming.” Sandune replied.

Mira turned her attention to her little nephews.
“Aww, look at you guys all bundled up. I bet you can’t wait to see Santa hooves.” She tickled Caspian’s stomach, which made him laugh.

“Hey Mira, how was your water taxi ride?” Atlas ask as he put the truck in gear.

“Hectic. But it is the beginning of the holiday season so I should’ve expected it.”

“Where is Jack? I thought he was coming with you.” Sandune ask.

“He’s at work. He was kind of disappointed that he couldn’t take a day off today, but at least he gets paid extra during the holidays. Speaking of holidays are you guys ready for some holiday shopping?”

“I don’t mind a little bit of shopping.” Sandune said.

“Hell yeah. Let’s go get some deals.” Apollo cheered.

“We are born ready!” Atlas high-fives Apollo.

“Where are we going to shop exactly?” Harmony ask.

“The brothers and I were thinking that we could go to the megamall, but I want to make sure if you were ok with it because of happened last time.”

“Oh don’t worry about that. The mall was where we were reunited so I don’t have any bad memories of that place.”

“That’s good.” Mira said.

“But isn’t the Megamall known for its crazy fights during this time of year?” Harmony asked.

“Don’t worry, Harmony, you’ll be fine. The mall might be a bit hectic, but you have nothing to worry about. How do I know this? Because Atlas and I know a thing or two because we seen a thing or two.” Apollo said as he put on his fingerless gloves.

“Why are you putting on gloves?” Sandune ask.

Apollo chuckled. “Should we tell them?”

“Don’t ask me, ask Mira.” Said Atlas

“Mira, should we tell them?”

“You didn’t tell them yet?” Mira asked.

“Please just spill the beans already. I want to know what you guys are talking about.” Harmony said.

“All right, we will tell you.” Atlas said before clearing his throat. “Back in our home land, America, there is this sort of holiday named Black Friday that happens once a year on the evening of the 28th of November. After the sun sets stores lower their prices to the point where everything is dirt cheap. Similar to what Equestria does. Except the government doesn’t courage it like US does. Now instead of 2 to 3 days, on Black Friday, you only have from 11:30 PM to 6 AM.”

“That sounds like a recipe for disaster.” Sandune commented.

“It is. Before the doors open, a long line forms in front of every store. usually the people that are first in line are out there for at least a few hours. Heck they even bring tents.” Apollo explained.

“Tents? Does Black Friday come with concert or something?” Harmony said in shock.

“Sadly no, it’s just that people are crazy, especially the ones from New Jersey. The real chaos happens when the doors finally open. People stampede into the stores and try to get as much of their shopping list as possible. And lot of these people are willing to do anything to get these good deals. Now Artemis, Atlas and I don’t get into fights, we just simply avoid the chaotic areas and try to get our stuff and get out. If anyone tries to hurt us or steal our things, that’s where the gloves come in. Plus, they’re really useful to prevent shopping bags from hurting your hands.”

Sandune and Harmony were shocked of what the brothers had told them.

“I'm sorry guys, but it’s hard to believe that your fellow humans are willing to do all of that just to save some money.”
Sandune said.

“Believe me, it’s true. Apollo showed me some videos he filmed over the years.” Mira chimed in.

“You have videos of it?” Sandune ask.

“Yep.” Apollo said proudly.

“I’m starting to feel bad for the both of you.”
Harmony said.

“Don’t be, Black Friday is one of most interesting times of the year for us. If anything, we should feel sorry for you.” Atlas said.

“Why is that?”

“Because unlike us back in New York, you guys have to deal with peop- I mean, ponies that have the ability to light themselves on fire or some other crazy magical ability just to win a fight. That’s dangerous already, now imagine that in an enclosed space.” Apollo stated.

“You know, I never thought of it that way.”
Mira said.

“Thank goodness we’re not doing in the beginning of the winter shopping season.” Harmony said to herself as the mall came into view.

===•••===
11:32 AM
The Canterlot Megamall.

After the brothers and the breeze family got out of the vehicle, they got on the elevator and took it to the first floor of the mall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q94C9FRRpM&pp=ygUneW91IGJldHRlciB3YXRjaCBvdXQgeW91IGJldHRlciBub3QgY3J5

Harmony whistled. “I hate to admit it, but this place looks nicer than the mall back home. I mean look at this fountain, it’s beautiful.”

“I agree with you there but how much shopping space does one pony need? Two floors is enough as it is, but four? Now that’s just a bit overkill.” Sandune said as he tried to process how big the atrium was.

“If you think this is insane, you wouldn’t believe how big the food court is.” Apollo said.

“Ok since we’re here now, what do you guys want to do first?” Atlas ask.

“I am going to take these three to see Santa hooves and their picture taken with him.” Harmony said.

“Can I come too?” Mira ask.

“Of course, the more the merrier.” Harmony said.

“Goo.” Caspian had his arms out and grabbing the air in the direction of Santa’s workshop.

“Aww, would you look at that, Caspian excited to see santa hooves.” Harmony said.

“Who wouldn’t?” Mira commented.

Despite what his mother and aunt thought, Caspian was not excited for Santa. He didn’t even know who it was and did not care. All he wanted was that large candy cane that was in front of his workshop.

“Ok, while you guys are doing that we are going to get started on the shopping. Unless Sandune wants to go with you.” Apollo wondered.

“No, I’ll go with you and Atlas.” Sandune answered.

“After we’re done with Santa and our shopping, where should we meet up?” Mira asks.

“The food court. We can get some ice creams from over there.” Apollo suggested.

“That sounds good. See you later and don’t get in any trouble, especially you, Sand.” Harmony teased.

“We won’t. I’ll make sure of it.” Sandune said as they parted ways.

“So which stores are we going to first?”

“I don’t know, I was thinking of getting Celestia a new handbag so maybe we can go to a department or designer store first.” Atlas suggested.

“I don’t know what I am going to get Luna yet, so maybe I’ll just walk around for a little bit. What are you, Sandune?”

“Now that’s a hard question to answer. I know what I want to get for the triplets, but not for Harmony. It’s hard to get something for a mare that already has everything. Especially anything fashion related.”

“We know where you’re coming from. Trying to get gifts for two ancient empresses is harder than looks.” Atlas said.

“I’m kinda glad I’m not the only one.” Sandune said.

“Hey guys, do y’all want to go on the third floor? It’ll be less crowded than down here, and we’ll have a nice view of everything. Plus, we might find a store we might like up there.” Apollo suggested.

“Ok.” Atlas said.

“That’s not a bad idea.” Said Sandune.

After that, they walk to the nearest elevator and took it to third floor.

===•••===
11:45 AM
13 minutes later.

Apollo and Sandune were in a toy store looking for gifts for the breeze infants while Atlas was in a nearby designer handbag store.

“I think the little triplets would like this; don’t you think?” Apollo showed a box of inflatable ball pit to the tan pegasus.

“They would love that for sure, especially if we put water in it. Can the pit hold water?”

“Yeah.”

“We’ll take it then.”

“Ok into the magic it goes.” Apollo said as he put the box into his magical aura with the rest of the gifts.

“This is enough gifts for all of them. Let’s hold over to the register.” Sandune said.

“Yeah, this is more than enough for them.”

As they both made their way through the store, Sandune turned to Apollo and said. “I forgot to tell you this earlier, congratulations on your plane’s first flight in becoming the father of the new jet Age.”

“Oh, thank.”

“What was it like being the first to accomplish something like that?”

“I was feeling nothing but excitement for the entire flight and seeing all the faces of the ponies who doubted me was nice as well.”

“That’s nice. Can you answer this question for me? When they were interviewing you, you said that you were not done yet. What did you mean by that?” Sandune ask.

Apollo looked around before whispering. “I am currently designing a jet that could break the sound barrier.”

“Is that even possible?” Sandune ask.

“It is. I have seen of my own two eyes when I was a kid.”

“When will its first flight be?”

“I don’t know, developing a new aircraft is a long process. At best it could happen late next year.”

“Well, whenever it is revealed to the world, I hope it’s successful so I could take a flight on it.” Sandune said.

“Don’t worry, I’ll let you know when that happens.” Apollo said.

After they paid for their items, Apollo felt his phone vibrating in his right pocket. He grabbed his phone and answered the call.

Apollo: “Hello.”

Atlas: “Apollo, are you and Sandune leaving the toy store?”

Apollo: “Yeah, why?”

Atlas: “There’s a fight happening right now.”

Apollo: “Where?”

Atlas: “The fight is happening on the Second floor and it’s absolutely insane. You need to come to the handbag store. I have a great view over here.”

Apollo: “We’re coming.”

“What’s going on?” Sandune ask.

“There’s a fight happening on the second floor and Atlas has a great view of it where he is. So, we need to get there now.” Apollo said before he picked up the shopping bags in his magic and speedwalking out of the store.

Sandune stood there, dumbfounded. Wondering what he should do next.

“Oh, what the heck.” He said before leaving the store and followed Apollo.

It didn’t take them long to get to where Atlas was.

Apollo couldn’t believe his eyes.

Downstairs on the second floor was a massive fight in front of a home decoration store. There were at least five ponies in this fight.

“Damn, this is crazy!” Apollo exclaimed that he took his phone out to record the fight.

“What happened here?” Sandune ask.

“Two ponies started fighting over a pillow set, and it all went downhill from there.” Atlas answered.

“Do they have any self-respect at all?”

“At least it’s not us in there.” Atlas said.

“Facebook would’ve loved this.” Apollo smiled.

===•••===
1:00 PM

After an hour and 15 minutes of shopping and a few fights later, Sandune was still looking for the perfect gift for Harmony. While Atlas and Apollo found everything they wanted to get.

So far, he hasn’t found anything worthy for his beautiful sea goddess of a wife, but he wasn’t going to give up that easily.

After he took the stairs to the fourth floor, he found a jewelry store. Curious, he decided to go in and look around.

That’s when he saw a beautiful necklace with a gold chain and shiny pearl in the middle.

‘Perfect.’ He thought.

“Excuse me. How much is this necklace?”
Sandune ask the employee.

“That would be 330 bits.”

Sandune couldn’t believe it. This necklace looks like it was worth way more than that. It looks like today was his lucky day.

“I would like to buy this please.”

“Of course, sir. Would you like the necklace to be gift wrapped?”

“No thank you.”

===•••===
1:15 PM

After buying the necklace, Sandune was done with his shopping list. He, Apollo and Atlas made the long walk all the way to the food court. Where Harmony, Mira and the infants were waiting.

“Hello ladies. Did we take too long?” Sandune ask as he sat down.

“Nope, you’re here just in time.” Mira said before eating another spoonful of ice cream.

“Good. Faust my feet are killing me.”

“I’m going to get us some ice cream, what do you guys want?” Apollo ask.

“Chocolate ice cream, please.” Atlas requested.

“Cookie dough for me.” Sandune said.

“OK, coming right up.”

A few minutes later, Apollo came back with their ice creams.

“So did anything interesting happened while we were gone?” Atlas asks.

“Not really. The only interesting thing that happen was when we were visiting Santa. After the infants got their picture taken, Caspian grabbed a bunch of candy canes and put one of them in his mouth. You don’t want to know how fast I moved to get it out of his mouth. Besides, that it was a very peaceful shopping trip.” Harmony said.

“Do you still have the candy canes?” Apollo asks.

“Of course I do, they’re in my purse. I am not going to throw away free candy.”

“You guys are lucky. We encountered three crazy fights while we were shopping.” Sandune said.

“And I got all of them on camera.” Apollo smiled proudly.

“Three fights? That’s a lot in such a short amount of time.” Mira said.

“I know, thankfully were never caught in the middle of one.”

Before Harmony could say anything else, she noticed that one of her infants wanted to get out his seat. “What’s wrong, Aegean? Did you go potty or something?”

Aegean responded by grabbing the air in Apollo’s direction. “Apollo, Aegean wants you.” Harmony then handed the infant over to Apollo.

“What do you need little guy?” Apollo ask as he sat the infant down on his lap.

Then Aegean did something that Apollo was not expecting at all.

He reached out for Apollo ice cream, took a baby size fistful of it, and started to eat it.

“Did this infant just put his hands in his ice cream?” Apollo said in disbelief.

“It looks like it.” Mira chuckled.

“Look him, he doesn’t even care.” Atlas laughed.

“If you wanted some ice cream, you could’ve just asked.” Apollo said as Aegean looked at him with those innocent baby eyes while having his fist in his mouth.

“You’re lucky you’re cute.”

It was at this moment when Apollo heard the classic sounds of black Friday chaos.

“Oh shoot, there’s another fight.” Apollo said before handing Aegean back to his mother and getting up from his chair.

“Apollo, do you really need to film another fight? You already seen three already.”
Sandune ask.

“Yeah, the way these crazy ponies fight is way better than the people back home. I have to see this.” He said before walking away.

But when Apollo made the short walk to where the supposed fight was happening. He soon realizes that it wasn’t fight at all instead it was a robbery. And the Earth pony stallion in question was running away with stolen goods, heading in Apollo‘s direction.

So, Apollo waited until he was about to pass by him, and then stuck his leg in his path. Which caused the stallion to trip and land face first into the tile floor.

“That’s what you get your son of a bitch.” He said as the stallion groaned in pain. He also used his magic to keep the robber on the ground, just in case.

After he was arrested, Apollo walked back to his table.

“Dude, that was awesome.” Atlas said.

“You saw what happened?” Apollo asked.

“Yeah, from start to finish. You didn’t even hesitate to take that bad guy down.” Harmony said.

“Of course I didn’t hesitate. He was robbing the place and I have no respect for criminals.”
Apollo replied.

“That’s a good thing to live by and next time you want to see what’s going on somewhere, I won’t say anything.” Sandune said.

“Ok, I’ll make sure you remember. Now let me get back to my ice cre-“

Apollo saw that his cup was in front of Aegean and the infant was too busy enjoying the sweet treat.

“Oh, come on.” Apollo said before sighing. “You know what little guy; you can keep it. I’m just going to get myself another cup.”

After that, Apollo got up from his seat and went to get himself another ice cream.

===•••===
4 PM.

After two hours of relaxing in the botanical gardens and exploring the aquarium, Atlas, Apollo and breeze family were ready to leave the mall.

After every pony was inside of the halftrack, Apollo put the vehicle in gear and drove out of the underground parking lot.

“Now that was fun.” Atlas said.

“You can say that again.” Apollo said.

“So, where do you guys want to go next?”
Atlas asks.

“Can we go to restaurant row? We went there last time we were here, and we loved it. Do you have any restaurants you would recommend from there?” Sandune ask.

“There is this one restaurant name the Tasty Treat that makes the best curry you will ever have. It’s spicy, but it’s good.”

“It’s that good?” Harmony asks.

“It’s true, that place is the best. For some reason the nobles dislike the restaurant, but despite that, the tasty treat is one of the most popular places in Canterlot.” Mira said.

“Really now, ok let’s go there.” Said Sandune.

“Hey Apollo, do you want to go to the Tasty Treat?” Atlas asks.

“Yeah, I haven’t been there in a while.”

“Ok, it’s decided. Tasty treat, here we come.”
Atlas said before he honked the horn and drove all the way to restaurant row.