• Published 3rd Oct 2012
  • 748 Views, 6 Comments

Another One Bites the Dust - ElderXelpud



Fluttershy finds some bunnies, and discovers they are evil, but Rarity is already selling them.

  • ...
 6
 748

Another One Bites the Dust

Chapter 2 – Another One Bites the Dust

“RARITY!” Fluttershy and Twilight burst into her shop to find the unicorn upside down with derp eyes. “Um, Rarity? What are you doing?” asked a very confused Fluttershy. Rarity simply said, “Cabbages. No, lettuce! Lettuce!”

Then Rarity realized what she was doing, and underped her eyes. Getting back up, she said, “Why, I have no idea. Anyways, did you come to see how business is going? I’ve sold a lot of the little bunnies!”

“Rarity, that’s just the problem.” sternly stated Twilight in a very serious tone.

“Why, what could you mean?” Rarity said.
“The bunnies are evil! Have you ever heard them make an explosion sound?”

“Why yes, yes I have. What does it mean?”

“That means they are exploding into dust! The city is doomed!”

“Oh no! Is there any way we can stop them?”

“Yes, but only one. Water. Lots, and lots, of water. Fluttershy, get Rainbow. We’re gonna need her clouds.” Fluttershy saluted and headed off. “Rarity, get reading.” Twilight handed her a book about water magic.

“And what will you do, darling?”

“I’m going to get housecleaning.” Twilight marched out of the door, pulling a duster out of her saddlebag with magic.

When Twilight set off, she didn’t realize just how many bunnies there were. When she looked through the windows, she saw nothing. Then she heard something walking along the ground. She immediately brandished her duster at it, and it simply evaporated into dust. Then she heard a rumbling. She had heard this sound once before… “STAMPEEEDE!” she exclaimed, running away. A large swarm of the little devil creatures were chasing her! She weaved through the city of Canterlot, going around and about, but she could not evade them. She was backed into an alley, and was almost devoured, when Rainbow Dash came bravely charging in on a rain cloud. She positioned it above the rabbits, and let ‘er rip. “Yeah! Take that, ya little dustmunchers!” taunted the cyan Pegasus.

“Rainbow! You saved me! How did you get here so fast?” asked a very thankful Twilight.

“Oh, it’s nothin’, I AM the fastest mare in all of Equestria after all. Plus, I would never let a friend down.” said Rainbow.

A small voice spoke. “Um, I’m here too.”

“Oh hey Fluttershy, you finally caught up with me? For you, that’s record time!” said the other Pegasus.

“Oh darlings! ~ I’m here too!” said Rarity in a singsong voice.

“Oh, and there’s Rarity. I assume you practiced that magic?” asked Twilight.

“Oh yes, I did!” Rarity’s horn lit up with blue, and she produced a light sprinkle of water. “Isn’t it wonderful?”

“Yes it is, Rarity. Now the gang’s all here, so let’s get Dust Bustin’.” proclaimed Twilight.

Everypony made a sound of confusion. “It’s a term I made up. Now let’s go!”

They traveled through the city, and it looked… desolate. Nopony was anywhere. Everypony in the small party was on the tips of their hooves, searching for any sign of activity. It was thoroughly spooky. Then, they heard a small rustling, and they followed it into a park. Then the rustling grew louder. And louder. Until it was almost deafening, then… it stopped. The silence was unnerving. Then Twilight realized. It’s a trap. Just as that thought passed through her mind, thousands of dust bunnies burst from the trees, grass and bushes! The ponies also burst into action, like compressed springs had been storing their energy. Then the fight began. It was violent.

Twilight was like a Jedi Knight with her duster, breaking the rabbits apart.

Rainbow was flying around as fast as she could, literally raining death upon her deceptively cute enemies.

Rarity was launching veritable water missiles from her horn, causing much the same effect as Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy was mostly trying not to get eaten, because she wasn’t brave enough to hurt them.

“Come on, Fluttershy! Pull yourself together and whoop some bunny!” urged Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy tried to muster the courage, and delivered a small kick to her assailants. It went *poof* and fell apart immediately. Fluttershy realized this success and got into a kicking fury, surprising and outpacing all of her friends. Pinkie Pie was simply firing her Party Cann- wait, what? “Oh yeah, I’m in your story.” Ugh, fine. You can be here too. “Yay!” Pinkie got back to the fight. Everypony was wailing on the rabbits, and their numbers diminished quickly. Only a few were left. They were about to destroy them when,

THUMP. THUMP. THUMP. Something BIG was coming. They readied themselves once more, preparing to fight for their lives and all of Canterlot’s. What they saw, they did not expect. It was a titanic bipedal bunny. It emitted a piercing roar. Fluttershy instantly ducked with her hooves over her head. “Come on, Fluttershy! This is the big boss at the end of the stage!” yelled Twilight over the roar. “I guess Twilight plays too much HayStation 3.” Yes, yes she does, Pinkie.

They resumed their assault, this time on the gargantuan rabbit. Somewhere in the distance, a pony named Vinyl Scratch threw on her favorite heavy metal fight track. This bunny was tough. Even with all of their abilities, it wasn’t enough. Then, a loud “Hyaaaaah!” was heard. An orange blur speeded into the monster, blowing a hole in its chest. The rest of the ponies and the mysterious blur started to take it down. It was roaring in pain with each kick, slice, blow, and water droplet.

Finally, with a loud roar of defeat from the monster bunny, they won. By the time that happened, everypony knew who the blur was. “Applejack! You really saved us! How did you attack so fast?” asked Twilight.

“Oh, Applebloom taught me what she learned from Rainbow. I’m now a ser-tee-fied red belt in Pony-fu. I came looking for y’all when you were gone for so long.”

“Well, thank you. Now Canterlot is saved!”

A blue alicorn, dark as the night, landed next to them. “Did I miss anything?” Luna asked. “Um, yeah! You missed the almost-destruction of the snootiest city around!” Exclaimed Pinkie. “Oh,” said Princess Luna, “why didn’t anypony tell me?”
“I think they were all hiding in their homes,” interjected Fluttershy.
“Let’s have cake!” said Pinkie. Out of nowhere, a picnic set with a cake on it appeared. Everypony sat down and enjoyed themselves with a job well done.

In a dark forest, a voice spoke.”I will destroy you… One day…” It was dark and sinister

The End

Comments ( 5 )

I am reminded of Beyond Zork. I may read this later.

isnt this just like the episode?

You mean Swarm of the Century? Yeah, but they weren't aggresive, just incredibly bothersome.

Okay. Meh.

Login or register to comment