• Published 14th Dec 2023
  • 618 Views, 25 Comments

G5 Adventures in Scooby-Doo! and the Curse of the 13th Ghost - ponydog127



In the season three opener, our favorite ponies regroup with Mystery Incorporated in order to track down the last of thirteen ghosts they had hunted years ago.

  • ...
6
 25
 618

The Temple Rescue Mission Begins

It was only an hour or two later, and everyone had split up to set Daphne’s plan into motion.

In the Miss-tery Machine, Alphabittle, Velma, Queen Haven and Sparky all groaned at the harsh stops Fred was making, trying to get this clutch deal figured out. “This clutch…” he muttered. “I can’t…”

“Fred, stop it already!” Alphabittle groaned while Queen Haven held Sparky in her hooves. “I think I’m gonna be sick!”

“Alphie, hush! Fred’s simply trying his best!” Queen Haven scolded before looking over Velma’s shoulder. “Velma dear, what are you looking for?”

“My spare glasses. I'm pretty sure I left a pair in the van. Oh, here they are,” Velma grabbed the glasses before putting them back on her face. “Oh yeah. WAH!!”

Queen Haven lost Sparky for a few moments before Velma caught him in her arms, just as Fred was complaining about the clutch again. “This clutch! Every time! I can't… Get it to make…”

But, Velma instantly saw what Fred had been doing wrong. “Oh, uh… that handle isn’t the clutch.”

Fred looked over at her in surprise. “You mean this isn’t…?”

“That’s the emergency brake. That pedal next to the gas is the clutch.”

Fred instantly pressed that pedal, and the van began to smoothly drive down the road, much to the others' relief. That's when Fred took the opportunity to turn to them. “Not a word about this to Daphne.”

“Oh, lips are sealed,” Alphabittle promised. “Hey, uh… I wanted to ask before, but what was with that peppy-like attitude back at the post office.”

Fred gulped at that. “Oh, heh… that. Well, I… uh… okay, everybody thinks I’m honest all the time, but the truth is… I lied!!” he finally admitted. “Last summer, I went to… cheerleading camp!”

“Ohhhhhh…” Velma said as Sparky giggled. “That makes sense.”

“Daph thinks I’m some kind of leader, but she’s only half right. I’m a cheerleader,” Fred admitted. “I've been down in the dumps, because I thought everyone had a job but me. But now I know what my job is. What it's always been.”

“Supporting your friends whenever they’re low… precisely what a good leader does,” Queen Haven finished. “Take it from a queen, Freddy… you ARE a good leader, no matter if you went to military school or cheerleading camp.”

Fred sighed at this. “Thanks, your highness. That means a lot coming from you.”

“It’s my pleasure. Now, as my daughters often say,” Queen Haven said, “let’s go kick some tail!”

XXXXXXXX

Back at the gift shop/monster store, the boy in the yellow hoodie were snacking on microwavable Chest of Demon chicken nuggets while Ciela slept right beside him. “Mmm…” he muttered to himself. “You can really taste the demons. Spicy.”

Suddenly, the door burst open, revealing Velma, Fred and their current Equestrian companions. “Huh, what?” Ciela said, looking around startled, having been woken up from her nap when they came in. “Oh, it’s you guys again!”

“Aha!” the hoodie boy smiled. “I had a feeling you'd be back.”

“You know what?” Velma challenged as she got in the shopkeeper’s face, prompting Alphabittle to try and hold her back. “I was a lot happier before I believed in ghosts!”

“Oh… w-what changed your mind?” Ciela asked nervously. “Doesn’t matter,” Velma dismissed. “What does matter is that right now, up in that temple, somebody's about to release 13 of the most terrifying ghosts upon the face of the Earth!”

That’s when Velma opened up the entrance to the monster shop. “So, we'll need one of everything.”

“Oh-ho! Wow!” Ciela said in an impressed tone before suddenly thinking of something. “Okay, um… let me just have your…” the boy began to say before Queen Haven and Alphabittle shot him a look. “Uh, no, right, of course, time is of the essence if you're gonna…”

“Hold on a second, buddy,” Ciela said, stopping him before looking at the group with a worried expression. “Did you say… 13 ghosts?”

“We sure did,” Alphabittle said just as the hoodie boy and Ciela looked at one another. “Help us load these supplies. We’ll explain on the way.”

XXXXXXXX

“Okay, so since we’re not pegasi or alicorns,” Hitch said as he attached balloon packs to Izzy and Misty’s backs, “these will help us float beside our friends down to the temple below... as long as the balloons don't deflate or pop before we get down to the ground.”

“Heh heh heh…” Misty chuckled nervously. “Thanks for the vote of confidence, Hitch.”

Okay, everypony,” Zipp’s voice echoed through the intercom system. “We’re officially at 5000 feet. Shag, open her up!

At that second, the back of the plane opened up, exposing the group to the cold below. But, the second he looked down at the ground, Scooby yelped and covered his eyes, not believing the ponies and Daphne somehow talked him into this.

Shaggy and Zipp then came out from the cockpit, the former smiling. “Like, the autopilot's unavailable, cause it's engaged,” he said with a laugh. “Little cockpit humor for ya.”

“Ha ha, very funny, Shaggy,” Pipp said. “Okay, guys, we know the drill,” Kova said. “Daphne gets on Sunny's back, Shaggy gets on Pipp’s and Zipp gets Scooby on her back. At the signal we went over, we jump out of the plane and descend for the ground. Got it?”

Many of the group nodded. “Got it!”

“Not really…” Shaggy gulped. “But, we’re ready to go anyway!”

Daphne, Shaggy and Scooby got on Sunny and the pegasus sisters’ backs, with Kova at the front of the group, and then the countdown began.

“Three…”

“Two…”

“One…”

“FOR EQUESTRIA!!!”

At this signal, all the ponies leapt out of the plane with either wings spread or balloon escape packs activated, slowly descending down toward the temple below while the plane flew off into the distance.

XXXXXXXX

“Look, Alphie!” Queen Haven pointed to the descending group. “They did it!”

“Now,” Fred told the others, “let's hope they can stall Asmodeus long enough for us to get there with all this hunting gear.”

“And stall Asmodeus,” said the shopkeeper from inside the Miss-tery Machine, “long enough for us to get there with all this hunting gear.”

“He just said that!” Ciela scolded. “Huh? Oh, sorry,” said the shopkeeper. “I said, ‘And stall Asmodeus long enough for us to get there with all this hunting gear’!”

“Forget it! And don’t touch anything back there,” Fred ordered as the Miss-tery Machine got moving again, and he then turned toward Velma. “You think we really should've brought him? Ciela might be handy, but him…”

“He's the only one who knows how to use all this crazy junk,” Velma argued, “so yes.”

“Besides,” said Queen Haven, “the boy and Ciela might help us in more ways than you think.”

Suddenly, the computer in the back of the Mystery Machine began to beep continuously until the boy in the hoodie checked it. “Looks like we've got a bogey at 12 o'clock!”

“How do you…?” Fred began to ask before stopping the van, seeing the same black car from before at the top of a nearby hill. “This guy!”

“You know him?” Ciela asked in a confused tone. “Not really a him,” said Queen Haven, cradling Sparky, “so much as an it.

“And it nearly caused us to perish when we were on our way to meet our friends and caused an avalanche that almost froze our kids!” Alphabittle snapped. “So I have some serious tea to blend with this guy!”

“Here it comes!” Fred cried as the car sped toward them at top speed. “Every-creature, hang on!”

Fred slammed on the gas, which made the Miss-tery Machine speed forward and this caused everyone else to hold on for their lives as sharp turns were made repeatedly in order to escape.

Sparky was the only one enjoying the ride, however, while everyone else either groaned out of sickness or screamed in terror.

After a while of driving on the path, the hoodie boy looked out the window at a stretch of icy snow and got an idea. “Go left, go left!”

“Are you crazy?!” Alphabittle asked. “The van can't drive on that icy snow patch!”

“Trust us!” Ciela urged. “We have a plan!”

Fred decided to take her word for it and turned toward the icy patch with the black car in immediate pursuit. Once they got to the icy patch, the hoodie boy typed vigorously at the computer in the back seat before a set of skis appeared from the bottom of the van, allowing it to speedily move across the ice.

With this, Fred honestly seemed impressed. “That was amazing!”

“You haven’t seen anything yet!” Ciela smirked. “Alphabittle, Queen Haven, open the doors and give me enough space to work!”

Both ponies worked together to open the doors and then gave Ciela room to do whatever she had planned. Her feathers on her wings began to glow before she flapped them once (and hard) to create a whirlwind that spun the car around, slowing it down for a few moments before it gave up the chase again. “My goodness, Ciela!” Queen Haven spoke. “You can create whirlwinds?”

“Yep! My signature leopard power!” Ciela smiled. “Pretty neat, huh?”

“Uh… hate to interrupt the moment here,” said Alphabittle, blasting magic out of his horn, “but that guy is still chasing us!”

Luckily, the hoodie boy was still two steps ahead. “And the piece de resistance…”

A smoke screen then enveloped the car just as it hit an icy patch, allowing it to slide off the road and down the hill, landing in a deep snowbank, much to everyone's amazement. “Whoa!” Fred cried. “That was incredible!”

“How did you know how to do all that?” Velma asked the hoodie boy, who shrugged. “Well, it's not my first time in a strategic all-terrain mobile command unit.”

Queen Haven hummed in thought at this... Daphne called it that before, and maybe... no, maybe she was just overthinking it.

XXXXXXXX

The Miss-tery Machine drove across the bridge and toward the temple, allowing those in it to exit the vehicle and look out at the large mound of snow covering the front doors. “So, since we’re here,” Alphabittle said, “now we just need to find a way inside without using pony magic. Cause once we’re in there, our magic won’t work until we find a way out.”

Ciela looked up at the shopkeeper with a smirk before turning to the older unicorn and pegasus couple. “Leave that to us, guys. We'll have you in there in two shakes of a pony's tail.”

“All right then…” Queen Haven smiled. “Show us what to do.”