• Published 27th Mar 2024
  • 322 Views, 16 Comments

Double Rainbow - whimsycreator



As if fate, it was under a double rainbow where these two met each other, and began to absolutely positively hate each other’s guts… For now at least. G4 Rainbow Dash and G3 Rainbow Dash shipping fanfiction.

  • ...
 16
 322

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

I also like My Little Pony G3, and since G3’s version of Rainbow Dash is so different, I decided to ship her with G4 Rainbow Dash, because of how much they’d clash. Also partly inspired by G3 and G4’s fandom rivalry. I am not a G3 hater, but I do prefer G4. G3 had really nice collectible toys though.

The G3 Rainbow Dash’s friend group are other G3 ponies, and I used a bit of liberty into “converting” them into the G4 universe.

I actually have not watched very many episodes of MLP: FiM, so I don’t know all the lore. I am planning to remedy that in the very near future!

In Equestria…

Somewhere over the rainbow, existed another, different group of six pony friends.

There was Minty, who in ways, was their leader. However, she was an incredibly clumsy, modest Earth pony who left behind a trail of little mistakes wherever she went—despite being a perfectionist. Like the time when she knocked over the entire Hearth’s Warming tree and sent it rolling throughout the town square just because she wanted to fix the star on top. The star didn’t particularly have anything wrong with it either, she just thought it would look better two centimeters to the right. Or maybe to the left? Or maybe a smidge lower, or…

Sunny Daze was a lively, sporty pegasus who loved to surf on the wind with her wings and soar through the clear blue sky on days that were well, sunny days. A daredevil as well, she loved to do reckless things simply because they were “radical.” Because where she was from, “radical” was the word that was “in,” and the word “awesome” was so three weeks ago. Well, she didn’t exactly FEEL radical for a while after she daringly swallowed that nail on a dare though.

Skywishes the unicorn was an idealistic dreamer. She loved to fly kites and often wished she were a pegasus so she could soar up there where all the dreams floated around in the sky. She wrote poetry, though it was corny. In fact, her poems tended to be about vegetables and grains. She dabbled in painting, though she could only paint pictures of soap for some reason. One time she tried painting Sunny Daze and accidentally made her look more like a liquid soap dispenser.

Daisyjo was a quiet, down-to-earth pegasus who sometimes seemed to prefer plants to other ponies. She had a penchant for clumsiness, though she wasn’t as bad as Minty. And and often gave good advice to ponies. Like don’t ferment rutabagas after midnight. Well… okay. So, her advice wasn’t the best, actually. She knew a lot about plants, but not about socializing. At least she could recognize which ones were the best to eat, and which ones were potentially poisonous. She was the most levelheaded in the group.

Sparkleworks was another unicorn. She was as loud and bold as a firecracker, and used her magic to create fireworks! Sparkleworks was the loudest singer at karaoke, the most talkative at their gatherings, the loudest sleep-talker… Actually, it was more like sleep-yelling. She was the type to carry around a megaphone just to be loud, but she didn’t even need to, since she could scream at like a hundred decibels probably.

And finally, there was Rainbow Dash. However, this is not the same Rainbow Dash you may be familiar with. She wasn’t a pegasus, but rather, an Earth pony. In fact, she was different in almost every way.

The only thing the two Rainbow Dashes had in common really was their shared name, many colors, and love of rainbows.

As if fate, it was under a double rainbow where these two met each other, and began to absolutely positively hate each other’s guts…

———

“Minty, are you sure we’re in the right town?” Daisyjo asked, once the group of colorful little mares arrived in town on their pony-scooters.

They had just returned from a vacation, only to realize they hadn’t actually returned to their home at all.

“Um, this is supposed to be Ponyville…” Minty said bashfully. “Hehe…”

“But this doesn’t look like any Ponyville we know!” Sunny Daze did a twirl in the air. “It isn’t… radical enough. The water is just regular old water. No magical shiny glitter in it! And the trees aren’t all cotton-candy pink!”

“Minty, Minty!”Sparkleworks’ gasped once her eyes grazed over the creased paper. “No wonder we’re ended up in the wrong town! You were holding the map upside-down.”

“Are you… sure that’s the reason?” Skywishes raised an eyebrow.

“Darlings, oh darlings…” Rainbow Dash shook her head.

Not used to Rainbow Dash ever condescendingly saying “darling?” Remember, this is the other Rainbow Dash—The one with nothing in common with the tomboyish mare we know and love.

“See that sign over there? It says welcome to Ponyville.” Rainbow Dash said, in her flouncy, flowery, pretentious accent. It sounded slightly British. But there was no such thing as Britain in Equestria, so they would call the accent something else probably. Maybe it was some sort of Canterlot accent.

“So, darlings… we probably ARE in Ponyville. Just… the wrong one!” Rainbow concluded.

“The wrong Ponyville?” The other ponies all said.

“Well, Ponyville IS a pretty generic name for a town filled with ponies.” Sparkleworks shrugged.

Suddenly a strong gust of wind blew by. And we’re talking a powerful gale that punched bystanders in the face and windswept the glittery dandruff out of everypony’s mane.

The map that Minty was looking at slipped out from under her hooves and vanished, sailing far, far away on the gust of wind.

For some reason, all the ponies noticed that this peculiar gust was accompanied by a flash of bright rainbow colors from above…

“Oops, sorry!” A raspy voice trailing off into the distance said.

“What was that?” Daisyjo asked.

“Oh no! Darlings, woe is me!” Said the rainbow pony in the group who was named Rainbow Dash, but wasn’t her. “My mane… that gust of wind messed up my mane!”

“And the map is gone too!” Minty cried. “What are we gonna do now? How are we gonna get home?”

“That map was barely helpful!” Rainbow said. “Why don’t we worry about bigger things for now, like… MY MANE?”

“We’re going to look for the map!” Daisyjo flew upwards on her wings.

“Yeah! Adventure! Wheee!” Sunny Daze dashed off in the air.

The other ponies, except for Rainbow, took their scooters and followed, hoping to find the map. Or maybe they just wanted to get away from Rainbow.

“Well, just leave me and see if I care!” Rainbow huffed and scoffed.

Rainbow didn’t know what to do now. So she trotted along until she saw a vivid double rainbow above a random building. She marveled at the rainbow for quite a while, before finally entering the building.

“Oh, how darling! It’s so intense!” She said out loud. “And since I’m here as well, it’s starting to look like a triple rainbow!”

It turns out that the building she decided to enter was Sugarcube Corner, the favorite hangout of a certain familiar group of ponies…

“So, I was flying super-ultra fast like usual, and just happened to realize I passed by a group of newcomers to Ponyville!” Said a raspy voice. “Well, I only realized after I was about a mile away…”

“NEW PONIES!?” A high-pitched, giggly voice floated through the air. “Ooh, I should totally throw them a super welcome surprise party! Like I did with Twilight!”

“Just don’t do the exploding cupcakes trick this time.” Said a white pony who looked rather elegant and enunciated her words with grandiose. She sipped a bit of her fancy tea.

The group of ponies in the corner, six of them, began to share a laugh.

“Hey! A new pony I’ve never seen before is right here now!” The pink pony with the giggly voice said.

Suddenly, Rainbow had a group of six ponies staring at her with big shiny eyes. She realized she might as well introduce herself, even though her mane wasn’t looking its best.

“Me? Well, I am the One and Only… Rainbow Dash!” She said with a dramatic flip of her multicolored hair.

There was a pause. A heavy pause. An awkward kind of pause like when you tell a joke about dinosaurs and nobody around laughs because they don’t know enough about paleontology.

“The One and Only…”

“RAINBOW DASH!?”

“Hey… I’M the One and Only Rainbow Dash!” Said our fast-flying tomboy, with both a surprised, and ticked-off expression on her face.

They saw each other clearly for the first time…

No way! Rainbow Dash and Rainbow Dash were looking right at each other, and both felt uncanny, as if looking in a mirror at another version of them. So similar, yet so, so… different.

…And it was rage at first sight.

“You seem kinda suspicious to me, Discount Dash!” Said the orange, freckled pony with a cowboy hat and country accent.

“Discount Dash!?” Said the persnickety Rainbow. “How dare you mock me so! Darling, do you believe I am lying? I am the One and Only Rainbow Dash!”

“Nope! I am the One and Only Rainbow Dash!” Said the snarky pegasus.

“Wait a minute!” The other Rainbow rose her voice. “You’re that reckless pegasus who flew by so quickly that it messed up my fabulous mane!”

“Hey, don’t put the blame on me! And quit being self-absorbed!” Said our Dash.

“And YOU’RE being… well… uncouth!” Said the other Rainbow Dash.

“And you can’t even make a strong comeback!”

“QUIIIEEEETT!” Pinkie Pie gave a piercing yell and practically teleported in between the two Rainbow Dashes in an animated way. “Well, obviously it seems, there isn’t One and Only Rainbow Dash anymore! And that means…”

“…One is an imposter!” Fluttershy finished Pinkie’s sentence.

Everypony looked at the timid pegasus with a blank face.

“…What? Was I wrong?” Fluttershy blushed and shrunk down into a little ball. “Sorry…”

“Actually, it means that Rainbow Dash, and well, Rainbow Dash, have to settle their differences and accept that they just have the same name.” Twilight said.

“And similar MANE!” Pinkie bounced up and made a horrible pun.

“Why would I ever want to get along with HER?” The two Rainbow Dashes said in unison so perfect, one would do a double-take.

“Because you two might just have more in common than you realize.” Twilight said, pushing them together.

“But first, maybe we should do something to differentiate the names of these two Rainbow Dashes…” Rarity suggested.

“Hm… how about you be called Dashie…” Pinkie Pie raised a hoof to point to her old friend.

“…And YOU be called… Rainbowie?” Pinkie smiled.

“Just Rainbow is fine. Please.” The new Rainbow said. “And if you’ll excuse me, I think I’ll leave now. And never come back here again!”

“Whoa, hold your horses there buster!” Applejack dynamically pulled out her lasso and caught the rope around Rainbow, who was trying to leave the scene. “We ain’t letting you go until you apologize to our Dashie.”

“Ouch!” Rainbow flinched as Applejack dragged her back into the cafe with the rope.

“Okay, I’ll apologize…” Rainbow sighed. “I’m sorry… I’m sorry that I’M the One and Only Rainbow Dash, darling!”

She even winked at the end. As if being sassy, or pretentious, or perhaps even… promiscuous?

Suddenly, Dashie’s face turned a flushed red under her sky blue fur coat, and one could even see steam coming from her face…

“Do… D-Do NOT call me darling!” She yelled.

The other ponies sighed. A double rainbow was supposed to be a wondrous sight, a sign of harmony. But there was just no harmony to be had here.

It was going to be quite a long day.

Comments ( 16 )

Well THATS a tracking

Also partly inspired by G3 and G4’s fandom

Rivalry? Huh Well i guess perhaps its quieter now

11861972
Hm, what do you mean by this exactly? 😅
By the way, I feel this first chapter of mine could be better. So I may edit it soon.

11861978
As in its thrown immediately into "i am so gonna keep an eye on this fic" folder

11861977
Lol yea, like way back, a lot of bronies seemed vocal about their hate of G3 and it was on almost every G3 video I could find back then. It’s calmed down recently. The internet back then was… interesting.

11861979
Oh! I’m unfamiliar with the terminology on this site XD
I’m glad that you enjoyed and would like to read more :)

11861982
Its alright
First time here? Well welcome to fimfiction

The other ponies sighed. A double rainbow was supposed to be a wondrous sight, a sign of harmony. But there was just no harmony to be had here.

Perhaps there might be in time
But if firefly can Be shipped with g4 rainbow dash(YES THATS REAL) then it can happen

11861988
That's pink one? I think that's fine match..

Was that same pony who said "Maybe YOU are our dinner"

11862004
The one who was in The first g1 episode? Yeah

Hot take: this is just RariDash with extra narcissism.

Seems funny enough to track. And if I read the description correct, you plan to ship them.

It seems someone is doing a mass dislike bomb

Meh. :rainbowwild:

I am one of those newer brony-types that have never watched any of the earlier generations of MLP. My only knowledge regarding G3 Rainbow Dash was the meme about how she was the "Fashionista", and that G4 Rainbow in a second frame just said "NO!".

Which I am assuming is the REAL story behind this tale.

Why am I here to read this fic? I dunno. I am a Rainbow Dash fan, even if her tomboyishness does seem at times tedious. I guess that perhaps I may learn something about those earlier pony characters. If not, I may find some amusement by this.

Guess that i will track it, and hope that the story doesn't drag like so many others... :moustache:

Login or register to comment