• Published 23rd Mar 2013
  • 2,723 Views, 50 Comments

the loving wings of a Rainbow. - tony3xx4



When Scootaloo wanted her cutie mark, she got better thing; something she wanted since she was born...

  • ...
10
 50
 2,723

Chapter 4: Party of Deceit

Scootaloo's eyes opened slowly. She wasn't sure where she was, or why it was so dark, but on instinct, she called for the first pony on her mind. "R-Rainbow Dash?"

A clicking sound was heard, and a blinding light was turned on. Scootaloo quickly shielded her eyes, as to readjust to the current light. She looked around and saw that she was at Sweet Apple Acres barn house which was set up with many balloons, streamers, and other decorative items. She also noticed the small crowd of ponies around her who all shouted in unison, "SURPRISE!"

Scootaloo blinked a few times, and looked around at everypony. "W-What's going on?"

Rainbow Dash, who was coming towards the confused mare, smirked. "Dontcha remember? You beat me in a race!"

Scootaloo's eyes widened. "I...I won?" A large grin started to form on her face. "I WON! I ACTUALLY BEAT THE RAINBOW DASH IN A RACE!"

Some of the ponies in the small crowd chuckled. Rainbow gave a pat on the back to Scootaloo. "You sure did. Not by much though."

Scootaloo saw Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle approaching. They, along with Scootaloo, have also matured a lot over the years. They now sported their own cutie marks, Sweetie's being a microphone, and Apple Bloom's being a hammer and nails. Scootaloo jumped up from the couch she was put on, and hugged her friends. "Girls, thanks for coming!"

Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom returned the hug. "We wouldn't miss it for the world! hearing about you beating Rainbow in a race is a once in a lifetime feat!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

Scootaloo looked back at Rainbow Dash, who was already talking to some of her own friends. "Hey, you girls wanna grab a slice of cake?" Scootaloo said already walking towards the cake.

Her friends nodded, and they got a slice each, and decided to sit down at a table with each other. "So how've you both been? It seems like forever since we talked."

After taking a bit of her own cake, Apple Bloom answered Scootaloo's question. "Well, not to shabby. Miss Cheerilee's been spending more time 'round the farm with Big Macintosh for some reason." Apple Bloom ended her sentence by pointing at a blushing Big Macintosh talking to Cheerilee, a blush also apparent on her face. Apple Bloom brought her voice down to a whisper and leaned close to her friends. "I'm pretty sure we here got some special someponies."

Scootaloo couldn't help but slightly giggle. She turned to Sweetie Belle. "How bout you?"

"Not much different. I'm pretty sure I've become my sister's mannequin, but..." A small blush appeared on her face. "Don't tell anypony, but I have crush."

"Really? Who?!" Both Apple Bloom and Scootaloo looked at Sweetie Belle.

"Its...uh, F-Feather Weight." Her cheeks reddened, and she looked at the scrawny pegasus a few tables over, who kept stealing a few glances at Sweetie.

"I KNEW I-" Scootaloo was cut off by Sweetie Belle shoving her hoof into her mouth to silence her.

"Not. A. Word." Sweetie said very sternly.

"Fine, Pinkie Promise." Scootaloo and Apple Bloom then went through the routine whenever a Pinkie Promise was used. "I think you should talk to him though. I've seen the way he looks at you."

Sweetie Belle's blush returned ten fold, and she instantly shook her head. "N-No, I can't! I'm not as courageous as you are."

"Well, I promised i wouldn't say a word, but..." Scootaloo stood up, and started to nudge Sweetie Belle out of her seat, and towards Feather Weight.

"Wh-What are you doing?!" Sweetie spoke in a very high pitched whisper.

"Relax. I'm sure you two will get along just fine." They were about half way to Feather Weight. He could already see Sweetie being pushed towards him, and a small blush appeared on his face.

"B-But what about you two? W-Wouldn't you prefer me hang out with you?" Sweetie was getting nervous. She like Feather Weight of course, but she was pretty shy around him.

"We'll be fine, just get in there!" Scootaloo pushed Sweetie Belle in front of Feather Weight. They both stared at each other for a moment, then they started to talk, a blush on their faces throughout the whole conversation. Scootaloo went back to the table where Apple Bloom was trying to suppress giggles. "Phew, she's as stubborn as a mule!"

Apple Bloom nodded. "Nah, only when it comes ta somethin like this." Apple Bloom took a sip of her punch.

Scootaloo was also prepared to take a sip when she noticed that her cup was empty. "Hang on, gotta refill." Scootaloo walked to the punch bowl, and refilled her cup. She turned around and was ready to go back to her table when she heard Rainbow Dash talking to a few of her friends.

"So tell me dear, how did Scootaloo possibly manage to beat YOU in a race?" the voice sounded like Rarity's. Scootaloo turned, and saw Rainbow Dash talking to Rarity, and Applejack.

"Ah'll say! 'Specially if ya'll are sayin that ya gave it yer all." Applejack said before taking a bite of cake.

"W-Well, ya see, I kinda did ease up a bit. I knew there wasn't a chance that she could beat me, but I just couldn't do it to her." Scootaloo's eyes widened in shock. Had her adoptive sister actually let her win? Why would she do that? A few tears started to line the edge of her eyes. Rainbow Dash heard Scootaloo behind her. "Uh, h-hey Scoots. Uh, what's up?" Rainbow sounded nervous.

"How. Could. you?" Scootaloo's words were laced with venom. "HOW COULD YOU?!" She bucked an empty table that was near by. "Y-YOU OF ALL PEOPLE!" She started a fast trot to the barn door, narrowly dodging some of the party goers. She ran past the door, and towards the Everfree Forest.

Her friends and Rainbow Dash ran outside the barn and started to call for her. "SCOOTS! C'MON SCOOTS, I'M SORRY!"

Apple Bloom turned to Rainbow. "Rainbow. What in tarnation did ya do exactly?!"

"I, uh, kinda let her win the race." She was guilt ridden. "I didn't think she could possibly win, b-but I...I couldn't..." She shed a few tears.

"Well c'mon! We gotta go lookin for her." Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were already heading for town when Rainbow stepped in front of them.

"No. You two stay here in case she comes back. I'll go search town for her."

They hesitated at first, but nodded. "Alright. You be careful now, ya hear?"

Rainbow gave a small smile. "What could go wrong." She set off towards town in search of her sister.