• Published 19th May 2024
  • 242 Views, 6 Comments

Chaos i'll C̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ Saved! - CosmicShenanigan-er



*EDIT* pony starts time travel, might cause some paradox but who cares! She'll just have fun even if chaos is too out of order.

  • ...
 6
 242

That's full of Crystals, isn't it?

(The Crystal Empire) Ep1 S3

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Normally, Rosa would just leave for another timeline to make some fun, but this time, she decided to stick around for the next big event.

"kinda forget what the next event's gonna be like..." Rosa thought as she and the rest of the mane six (plus spike) looked at the now frantically Twilight sparkle looking for her supplies.

"Where are all my quills? No, no, no, no, no... Ugh! I need the Magical Compendium volumes one through thirty-six! Where is it?!" Twilight looked around all panicky.

"Sparkle.. ya should calm down, ya know-" Rosa tried to calm Twilight down with no concern on her eyes and tone, one might say its a rather careless tone.

"NO!" Twilight shouted at her, cutting her off, "don't you see this is important?!" She paused, "Flash cards! I should make some flash cards." she pulled out a bunch of flash cards, "Spike, I'm gonna need you to quiz me. On everything. Everything I've ever learned. Ever. That isn't going to be enough cards."

"Twilight, calm down. It's just a test." Spike tried to reassure, promptly making rosa covered his mouth with an hoove, shaking her head.

"Just a test?" She slowly turned around to spike, slowly asking, "Just a test!? Princess Celestia wants to give me some kind of exam, and you're trying to tell me to calm down because it's just a test?!" She grabbed spike with insanity taking over her.

"Uh... Yes?" Spike said uncertainty, which got eye twitch from Twilight as she unknowingly lights up her horn, casting a powerful spell.

Rosa just sigh, "i'll set up the shield..." She lazily grab the device she used on chrysalis, pressed it, casting a shield all around Twilight sparkle, just in time as spell was casted, making the shield covered in smoke.

"Ah say, she be handlin' it jus't fine." Applejack lighten the mood

"Considering." Rarity added.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Everyone waited outside of the castle door, patiently waiting for Twilight to finish her test, all in silence.

"So ah have a question." Applejack walked towards and asked the relaxing Rosa.

"Go shoot." Replied by Rosa who opened one of her eye. Applejack look at her form of respond.

"Is it really true that your a time traveller?" Applejack asked, making rosa raised her eyebrow.

"Uh, duh." Rosa rolled her eyes, "didn't Sparkly sky told you bout' that?" She called out.

"Who's.. sparkly sky?"

"Purple pony with a starburst cutie mark."

"Ah, well nelly, that's all i wanna asked, go to your thing, sugarcube." Applejack backed away, rosa just blinked.

"What was all that about?" Rosa muttered, but one pony heard, it was rarity.

"Do apologize for that, darling." Rarity mildly shaked her head. "It just that the writer of this story doesn't know how to make applejack... sounds... Herself"

Rarity paused, so did everyone else. "Huh.. that wasn't supposed what i was going to say..." She slowly said with uncertainty.

"... I kinda expect that kind of comment from Pinkpie, not you." Rosa looked at rarity with confusion. "But enough of what that was, what was your supposed question?" She asked rarity, who which blinked, and smiled.

"Oh..! That's right, well darling," rarity cleared her throat. "I was wondering on how in Equestria did you ever made your hat float?" She asked as she looked over the floating hat on top of Rosa.

Rosa raised an eyebrow as she looked up, spotting her own top-hat. "Oh! I forgot i have that," the hat begin descending infront of rosa as she put her hoove in the hat, pulling out... A drink she always drinks.

"Kinda forgot i have another supply chest thing." She opened and put a straw in it, slurping the drink. "Also magic is the answer for making it float."

"You made your hat a storage supplement? How? Isn't too small for many things in there?" Rarity asked, which rosa just shrugged, rarity and along the rest of the mane six looked at Rosa.

Rosa just sighed, "you all know the times pinkie does something unexplainable things?" Everyone nodded including pinkie pie. "And do you all know ya'll just call it 'pinkie being pinkie pie'?" Again, nodded was the respond, "it the same thing here, but call it 'she's / i'm a time traveller'" she explained, which only further confused the ponies.

"But.. that doesn't explain it?" Applejack said, which only met with Rosa's smirk.

"I'm a time traveller, duh." Was the only respond they heard, which all of them groaned, except for pinkie pie as she finds it funny.

Spike wasn't really in the conversation but he was listening while waiting for Twilight.

"oh dear Celestia, what if she failed, what if really did get send back kindergarten, oh! What if was my fault?! What if didn't helped her enough to pass! Oh men oh men oh men oh men!!" spike's inner dialogue of panic was soon stopped by the doors opening, revealing Twilight coming out of the door.

The others was alerted as they shifted their head to the door Twilight's coming out.

"Ah! Twilight!" Spiked hugged her which she returned, "That was fast! Let me guess, you got a perfect score? A-minus? B-plus?" He suddenly gasped, "Twilight, did you..." He stepped closer as he whispered, "fail?"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

*Cue Music video because i totally know how to write lyrics, also because this song doesn't Really need Rosa's annoyance*

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Prepared for this!" Both spike and Twilight finished the song the narrator totally included.

"Prepare for what.. exactly?" Spike asked, which Twilight was about to answer.

"Twilight! Uh, did you pass?" Applejack asked, wanting a confirmation.

"Are we gonna celebrate your awesomeness with Princess Celestia?" Pinkie excitingly asked, Rosa shaked her head.

"Was the big event i was waiting was just you passing a test or...?" Rosa looked at Twilight, who deadpanned and shake her head.

"Shouldn't you know that?" Twilight asked, Rosa shrugged, Twilight sighed, "Well then, No, Not quite. We're going to the Crystal Empire!"

"Huh?" Almost everyone said, rosa widened her eyes.

"Ooohh, the Crystal empire..! I totally forgot about that!" She turned her head as she shake it was scratching her back of her head with her floating hat.

"Glad you remembered it.." Twilight muttered, Rolling her eyes.

"The Crystal what now?" Rainbow asked in her raspy voice.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The mane six, rosa and spike finally got out of the train as it whistled away, what they met was an unusual strong wind.

"Why couldn't we just use one of my portal rings.." rosa grumbled, she thought it'll be faster with one of her magical machines(is it a technology or just pure magic?), "it be a lot faster going here." She continued.

"I don't really trust one of your portal rings there, rosa." Twilight argued back, shaking her head. "It will be a lot dangerous since you kinda also forgot about the Crystal empire, which means you also forgot the location and will take us a lot more time." She explained, which rosa just rolled her eyes to that.

"Just because i forgot it (momentarily too!) that doesn't mean i always forget the location-" she was cut by what is sounds like a scream.

"Twilight!" Yep, it was, and the mascular voice heard none other than Twilight's BBBFF, Shining armor.

"Shining armor!" Twilight ran towards her brother and vice versa, Rosa quickly but still lazily follow suit.

"Twily! You made it!" Shining armor hugged her sibling, "All of you made it. We'd better get moving. There are things out here we really don't want to run into after dark." Shining quickly explained as the hurried towards the Empire.

Fluttershy gulped, "w-what kind of t-things..?" She asked, true to her name, shyly.

"Let's just say the Empire... isn't the only thing that's returned."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Something keeps trying to get in! We think it's the unicorn king who originally cursed the place." Shining armor explained as they raced towards the empire.

"But Princess Celestia said I was being sent here to find a way to protect the Empire! If King Sombra can't get in, then it must already be protected." Twilight said as she unknowingly invoke Murphy's law and an Howl was heard in a distant, the same distant as some dark clouds are forming towards them.

"Didn't your and your brother's parent ever told you not to say those things?" Rosa angrily with eyes narrowed to Twilight said as she's right beside Twilight.

"... No?" Twilight said meekly as she grinned nervously, Rosa just rolled her eyes and sighed deeply, bonking Twilight in the head with her hat.

"Ow!"

"Focus!" Shining stopped the little squabble, "We need to get to the Crystal Empire! Now!" he hurriedly said as the ponies runs faster with rainbow dash flying towards the empire faster.

Sombra's roar and howling was heard in the distance as dark crystal started forming rapidly towards them.

"Go, go!" Twilight encourage them.

"Almost there...!" Shining armor and the rest jumped towards the protected empire in the nick of time.

Sombra in the distance just growled, especially to a certain time traveller, who smirked a victorious one.

"Hah! You ain't catching me this time, Socallking!" She taunted and declared at the king of fear, who narrowed his eyes as he disappeared in the shadows, he'll be back.

"Is... Everypony.. alright..?" Twilight asked as she catches her breath, she's met with various agreement in their state, what was wrong was shining's horn, which was now full of dark crystals, looks like he did infact hit someone.

"Oh, no! Shining Armor, your horn!" Twilight eyes widened in horror, shining tried to cast a spell, which sparkles was the only thing that came out.

"Oh my goodness!" Pinkie helped shining armor as he seems to started wobbling.

"It seems the stones reacts to your magic and absorbed them." Rosa theorized, "so for now, don't cast any magic for now, got it?" She helped shining gets up.

"Is this permanent?" Twilight asked rosa, who looks confused.

"Why are asking me?"

"Your a time traveller!" Twilight explained in a shout, rosa just blinked.

"Ah, that's right... Don't worry sparkling water, this is not permanent." She reassured, Twilight sighed in relief.

"Eh, well i hope it's not"

Face, meet accelerating hoove, accelerating hoove, meet face.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Cadance!" Twilight happily exclaimed at the relaxing horn lighting up Cadance, who quickly shift her head towards the voice.

"Twily!" Cadance got up and walk towards Twilight, ready to do their usual thing.

"Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake! Clap your hooves and do a little shake!" Both Twilight and Cadance did their little song and dance.

"One of these days we need to get together when the fate of Equestria isn't hanging in the balance" cadance laugh it off.

"I also wanna do that after im done with this." Rosa interrupt the duo, cadance recognized her.

"Hey, aren't you-" cadance was about to asked.

"Yes yes, same pony helps your wedding, same pony stopped discord, (really should have put more details in the letter why there is an already statue of discord in the entrance of the throne room.) and same pony that distracted chryssy long enough for you to help with your magic love something." She respond quickly, "hi princess, name's rosa light and im a time traveller." She casually shaked the princess of love's hoove.

"That.. was a lengthy one, but welcome to the Crystal empire, i assume you already know about it?" Cadance tilted her already having an headache head.

"Nah, forget majority of it" Twilight snapped her head towards Rosa as she grabbed her with her purple signature magic.

"You.. forgot MAJORITY of the details going to happen here?!" Twilight shouted at Rosa, who cough awkwardly.

"Please, and i mean please! Do you have anything that helps" Twilight begs, shaking rosa so hard its making her eyes spin.

"We-well! I do know that there is a crystal heart here and is powered by the love of the citizens here!" She quickly explained as she was slowly dropped at the floor.

"A crystal what now?" Twilight asked, still looking at rosa, who shifted her eyes everywhere as everyone in room was looking at her.

"W-well.. a crystal heart! You know?" She nervously twirled her hooves, "the thing..! That.. uh, save everyon- everypony and everything in Equestria!" Anxiety was not her best friend in this type of scenario.

"That is a big deal, ya know, twi." Rainbow defended rosa, but still far enough not to help her.

"Yes, that would help a lot, and i assume you know where this crystal heart's location?" Cadance smiled, but was only met with silence.

Everyone in the room was silent, Twilight eye twitch a bit but was noticable enough to make her friends and the others back away.

"I.. uh" Rosa's eyes shifted to Rainbow and Pinkie, who both mouthed 'sorry'.

"... Sorry...?" Twilight's mane started to become orange with noticable flames started to ignite.

"But! But! Twilight, uh" Rosa comes out with excuse, "books! You love books right?! Theres Maybe- no, Must! Have some book about the crystal hearts you know? They used to have one long ago, maybe there's one hiding here?" She reasoned with the igniting Twilight, who calmed down with sparkles in her eyes.

"Yes, yes that's right, even if you didn't have many things remembered, maybe there is a book about it!" Twilight gasped, "to the library!" She zoomed past everyone in room out to the door.

Silence was the only noise in the room from what just happened.

Rosa's head dropped to the floor, "i am seriously taking a break of big events after this..." She mumbled as her levitating hat slowly descended in her head, now in touch.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The door of the library opened as Twilight first entered it, followed by her friends and spike, being the rosa with disinterest in her eyes as she looks around.

"Sparkle, ya' kay'" rosa asked carelessly not caring.

"I just... I don't even know what to... There are no words." Twilight looks like she was about to burst into a bunch of dixie dust.

"Ahem. May I help you?" The library asked. Twilight getting a bit too excited.

"Yes. We're looking for a book." Twilight explained, the librarian nodded as she showcased mire books.

"We have plenty of those." She gestured the Library, Twilight watches in awe.

"You do. You really do." Twilight slowly said taking in of all the books she'll read, but there's no time for that.

"We're lookin' for a history book. Somethin' that might tell us how the Empire might've protected itself from danger back in the day." Applejack asked the librarian., who nodded.

"Yes. Of course. History, history... Ah, yes." She tried to remember, the mane six squeed, but paused.

"Which.. is where exactly?" Twilight asked.

"I..." The librarian blinked, "I can't seem to remember. I'm not sure I actually work here."

Rainbow dash grunted as Twilight shaked her head.

"We'll just take a look around. I'm sure we can find it on our own."

"Let me know if you find anything." The librarian, Amethyst Maresbury, said her farewell.

"I like her!" Pinkie pie smiled.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

In the library, everyone is looking for an history book about the crystal empire or the heart.

"Uh, anyone else startin' to think this is a lost cause?" Applejack asked as she looks around to find the book, when suddenly Rosa smirked

"Don't worry everypony, I got this!" She pulled out the same square device she used earlier.

"What is that thing called again, darling?" Rarity politely asked, which Rosa shaked her head.

"It's not a 'thing', it's a She! And her name is Magicnificent V1, clever huh?" She hugs the device as she pressed the button.

All books are now surrounded in an hunter green color as two books flew right in front of Twilight.

"Woah... I like to have that! She's so cool~" rainbow gushed as she tried to grab the device, which rosa immediately stuffed in her hat making it disappeared.

"Hey! That's no fair..!" Rainbow whined, rosa rolled her eyes at the childish act.

"I'm the creator, obvious i make the rules around my stuff." She reasoned, rainbow dash just pouted.

"Thank you, rosa, for atleast paying for forgetting a majority of this place." Twilight calmly thanked Rosa.

"No problem, sparkling water!" Rosa chuckled, Twilight just rolled her eyes playfully.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"A 'Crystal Faire'. According to this book, it was established by their first queen and became their most important tradition. The Faire was held every year to "renew the spirit of love and unity in the empire so they could protect it from harm". My friends and I could put it together. Everything we need to know is in the book!" Twilight summarized, making a nod from Shining armor, who was smiling.

"That sounds pretty promising." His mood was lifted, even if his horn is still damaged.

"We'll get started right away. C'mon, Spike, we've got a Crystal Faire to put together!" Twilight called out spike, who was jow carrying the book.

"C-comin' Twilight!" He grunted as he followed her.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

*The song totally include here and there, haha yeah no skipping songs here lol, dont look at me!*

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"It looks amazing! I don't know how I could've done this without you!" She looks all her friends, "One last check to make sure everything is in place, and then the festivities can begin!" She declared as clapped her hoove.

"Something here feels missing..." Rosa looked around like she's trying to find something.

"What's this thing for?" Applejack Taps the rather heart shaped stone.

"is that the Crystal heart? Wow they really did found it that fast." rosa nodded to herself, before hearing the respond Twilight made which to her horrors.

"The last page of the book mentioned the Crystal Heart as the faire's centerpiece, so I used my magic to cut one out of a crystal block." She smiled, looking towards the Fake Crystal heart.

"Oh.... Oh, oh no." Rosa's eyes widened in shock as she tries to tell Twilight about that.

"Uh.. sparkle..?" But she wasn't able to be heard due the announcing starting.

"Ahem. Hear ye, hear ye! Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armor do cordially invite you to attend the Crystal Faire!" Rosa was already too late as the crystal ponies heard the declaration, chattering on what's happening.

"Come on in, y'all. Got food and drinks thataway, games and crafts are thataway, Crystal Heart to the back near the Princess." Applejack said the crystal ponies, which made things worse.

She quickly remembered she has portal rings as she quickly summoned one that fits her size as she descended fast and reappeared behind Twilight.

"Twilight...!" Rosa whispered-shout at Twilight who got her attention.

"Hm? Oh what's with the look-" she was about to asked when a sudden cut from rosa stopped her.

"What were you thinking making a fake replica of the Crystal heart..!" She whispered-shout, which Twilight ears perked up and her eyes widening.

"Wait... You mean.."

"Yes! The Crystal is supposed to be real!"

"But i thought you said-"

"I think i said something along the lines of Real one makes ponies happy and said ponies will make evil disappear!"

"That's not what you sai-"

"Don't change the subject!"

But the argument was stopped by Rainbow dash frantic tapping at Twilight.

"Ugh.. what is it rainbow..?" Twilight slowly turned around the a nervous Rainbow dash.

"I think we may have a problem..." Rainbow said nervously while twirling her hooves.

"That's what i said." Rosa agreed.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"I didn't know it was an actual relic! Maybe Rosa did infact mention a thing or two about it but The book didn't mention anything about the Crystal Ponies powering the Heart! There was a page missing... How did I not notice?!" She walks circle at frantic state, while checking the book with the rip off pages.

"It's alright, Twilight." Cadance tried to reassure her, but cadance tiredness caught up to her as she fell unconscious, making her magic vanished, alongside the shield.

"Twily..." Shining looked at Twilight saddened. Howling was heard in far distant as dark clouds begins to surround the Crystal empire.

Meanwhile, in the castle, Rosa looked at the nearest window and saw the dark clouds surrounding the empire.

The only thing she could do was to sigh.

"Oh i hate this to become a two-parter chapter."
...
...
Sigh, "as the journey continues..."

Author's Note:

Aaaanddd it did become a two parter chapter! Woohoo!

Fun fact of Rosa Light, she often forgets everything in her time travelling journey as she really doesn't care about it, she remember them slowly if object is a reference of that said specific memory of her.

For example, if Rosa doesn't remember lesson zero, then just seeing a panicking Twilight will refreshed her memory for that.

Also; Rosa might as clever as The Doctor, but what i said it before, she's not the Doctor and never will be, she's great at being clever but stupidly dumb enough to think an alternate Universe is just the same as Altered timelines.

That doesn't mean, she's helpless and unreliable too y'know.

Also, her cutie mark is the sign of a Sagittarius, might wanna draw next time with the whole body showed.