Displaced 4,441 members · 1,273 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

I'm relatively new to this group and FIMfiction. And I've always wondered if it is ok to do a Displaced fic if someone had already done that topic before. I was just wondering, just in case I don't get in trouble with someone for stealing a story concept.

there was 2 ben 10 displacement though different series like ones from alien force to ultimate Alien while the other is Omniverse.
If 100% same than no. Just wait for other responses to be sure.

There are multiple Displaced of some characters. Off the top of my head, there's at least two Ultrons.

I've already seen it happen. Of Ben 10 and the Overlord/lady.

almost 5 overlords not including the anime overlord, from what we see as another note. but some may even only have their 'powers' or traits but is different.

Thanks you guys. That helps me relax just a little.

It's alright to use a character already existing as a Displaced, but make sure that you differentiate. Make their characteristics and differences (whether those be of personality or abilities) apparent to readers.

Other than that, maybe look around and check with the original authors with that/those character(s) already used to make sure there's no hard feelings.

I thought I already established a rule/system for this problem but as nobody seems to care about it, whatever.

My bad, I didn't know about it.

It's fine. If you are interested, I created a thread regarding this issue several months ago. Why don't you take a look at it and maybe it'll help you.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10