• ...
2
 5
 2,216

I Ain't Going To Sound Check!

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Twilight Sparkle and Friends and the Incredibly Disastrous Re-enactment Project

Rated: G

Themes: Comedy and parody elements

by Mario Rodgers

Author's Note: A short side project to celebrate the anniversary of Friendship is Magic. Extremely random. And as usual, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and its characters are copyrighted by Hasbro.

I Ain't Going To Sound Check!

Rainbow Dash squinted her eyes and stared out into the gloom. Before her stood a microphone and a section of a wooden stage. She reached out with her right front hoof and tapped on the mic a couple times. She then brought her mouth closer to it, and it hummed briefly with feedback before quieting down.

"Is this thing on?" Rainbow Dash said. "Mares and stallions. Fillies and gentlecolts. The story you are about to read today is a horror beyond compare. It is a complete and utter disaster in which, I am ashamed to admit, I took part. To this day, I am still trying to pick up the pieces of what's left of my dignity. I won't sugarcoat it for you. The next few hours will probably be fraught with lost lunches, and many good ponies will probably die. . ."

A pink hoof stretched out from Rainbow Dash's left side and pulled the mic away.

"Of LAUGHTER!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie into the microphone.

"Or at least walk out of the auditorium," Rainbow Dash added. "At any rate, let's get on with the show. Such as it is. . . Oh ponies I've got a headache."