• Published 31st Aug 2013
  • 597 Views, 14 Comments

The Fifth Great Alicorn - TwilightSparkleForever



There were five alicorns in the prophecy Star Swirl decoded. "Two sisters, night and day. One Alicorn to represent the Crystal Kingdom. An Alicorn not born, but one made. And one to be a mystery." The first four are found. But where's

  • ...
10
 14
 597

The Ascension

Raspberry Dapple tiptoed lightly into the corridor that led to Princess Luna's bedroom. She edged into the half-open door, activating her DNA gathering spell. "Finally," whispered the violet unicorn, grinning quite maniacally. "Just one bit of princess DNA..and my potion will be ready..." She peeked into the door that looked into the bathroom. It was open just a crack, and she could hear the sound of the shower pouring water onto the dark blue princess inside. Raspberry Dapple smiled, her horn starting to charge up as she gathered all the DNA in the entire room-at least, that which belonged to the princess of the night. Soon she was done, in a matter of a few seconds; after all, she had been practicing this spell for a long time. The DNA was safely sealed inside a bottle, which was tucked tightly into Raspberry Dapple's black cloak, inside a abnormally deep pocket sewn in by the finest of tailors. After all, she did not want to risk losing the DNA at all.

When she got back home, she immediately levitated the bottle out of her pocket and slipped into her lab. In excitement, she galloped in and knocked over a few test tubes, which, thankfully for her, were empty. She used the best of her magic to safely place most of the DNA in her potion, which immediately began to dissolve into a gray-blueish color.

Raspberry Dapple efficiently jabbed a wooden cork into the opening of the potion, safely sealing the contents inside. She stared down at the bizarre mixture of dark color in the bottle, and grinned.

Raspberry Dapple uncorked the potion, and tipped it softly into her mouth. The potion immediately coated her tongue, with a bitter flavor that made the violet mare jump as she tasted the first drop. Ignoring the horrible taste and instead thinking about the power she would soon have, she gulped down the potion in seconds and immediately felt a bolt of pain strike through her body and rage through her veins as her entire body stretched and grew into that of one of the most powerful ponies possible. Her bones morphed and became longer and wider. Her horn lengthened and became that of a regal princess's in a short time, and strong, large wings sprouted out of her midsection, soon at full size.

A blue, glowing fire suddenly enveloped her, and strands of fire shot out from her legs. Then, just as sudden as it had come, the fire dissapeared, leaving the blue fire still trailing out from her legs, where her princess armor should be. Raspberry Dapple opened a nearby cupboard, levitating a black bag out of it. She opened the bag and pulled out a set of artificial princess armor, its realistic-looking gold glinting in the moonlight. She gently pulled the set onto her hooves, the fire faltering for a second, then steadily burning once again. She then magically levitated some neck armor out of the bag and gently placed it onto her neck. A perfect fit, now that she was an Alicorn.

She looked down at her own skin. It was now slightly red, and completely rid of the violet color she used to have. Her mane was now straight, sleek and black, with the same hairstyle, but no longer with the dark purple floppy hair she had before she had drunk the potion.

Raspberry Dapple grinned as she stared at her own reflection in the shining mirror. She then took a glance at her cutie mark, sighing when she saw no mark on her flank. "Maybe I'll get it later," she murmured. "Meanwhile, I have something to attend to."

The alicorn strided toward the door, swinging it open effortlessly with her magic and walking outside. To her surprise, she didn't get any of the surprised looks from ponies as she thought she would. She made her way through the normal nighttime crowds of ponies and toward the train station. "Two tickets, please," she said.
"To where?"

"To Canterlot. And make it snappy; I want to get there quick."


Princess Celestia surrounded one of her quills in a golden magical aura, bringing it toward her to write an urgent letter."Dear Applejack..." she started off, the white feather quill dancing across he scroll as fast as the white princess could muster.

Soon the long-maned mare had sent her letter, hoping the pegasus carrying it would arrive at Applejack's as quickly as possible.


In Ponyville...

Applejack sat on Apple Bloom's foal-sized bed, as she ended her bedtime story with a quick smile. "And Glass Diamond lived happily ever after, in her new cottage home."
Apple Bloom smiled, half asleep. Applejack patted her on the back, leaping off the bed with her strong, excersised legs, stretched out from the endless days of bucking apples. Just as she slipped through the young yellow filly's bedroom door, she was knocked over by a worried-looking Big Macintosh. "Applejack!" the red stallion yelled, his mane billowing softly in the nighttime wind blowing through the open window. "Here's a letter from Princess Celestia."
He then walked off silently.
Applejack, clutching the letter, stepped into her room and flipped the light switch. Lamps flickered on all over the large room. She sat down at her desk in the midst of a paper avalanche, pulled open the letter, and instantly began reading.

Dear Applejack,

It has come to my attention that Star Swirl's prophecy that he decoded (enclosed) is coming true (well, the last part, as the first four have already been fulfilled by those whose destiny is to be a part of them. However, as you can see, the fifth part describes an Alicorn who is obviously dangerous and must be dealt with immediately. As the Canterlot Archives say, Star Swirl died before he could decode the entire relic that he discovered; however, me and my sister Princess Luna have attempted and succeeded in decoding another part (there is still more left that we could not decode.)
The part we have decoded says that, to put it simply, an evil Alicorn is ascending, and that the time of his or her ascension will be when the stars align in a way never seen before. The stars have properly aligned as the carved image on the relic depicts. This is the reason we are sending this letter to you; we believe that you, Twilight and her other friends can help us fight this alicorn that is seemingly determined to destroy us.
You must immediately gather your friends and come to Canterlot. A magical barrier has been formed, along with a second, even stronger barrier. To get through, simply just hold, wear or touch the Elements of Harmony in any way and you will enter. Keep the Elements on you at all times during the journey, but hidden; there is no knowing what will happen to them if other ponies can freely see them. Be EXTREMELY SURE to bring the Elements with you inside the barrier!! If it is left outside, any pony who touches it will be able to enter effortlessly.
Gather your friends immediately, and bring anything you can, there is no telling what may happen to items left inside your house. It is best that you bring your family, too. Come as fast as you can and bring as much mediums of protection as possible.

Be safe,
Princess Celestia

Applejack set the letter down and woke up Apple Bloom. "Apple Bloom, we have to go," she said.
"Why?" the filly questioned, rubbing her tired eyes.
"You can sleep on the train. I'll explain later."


The six ponies, with their families, were soon stopping at Canterlot. They didn't notice, though, they all had their eyes fixed on a strange red Alicorn with a sleek, long black mane sitting in the very back, as stuffed into the corner as possible.
"Ah'm sure that's her," said Applejack, frowning.
"Come on! Let's get off," said Twilight.
"Ah don't care. Ah'm followin' that beast o' an Alicorn," said Applejack, not budging.
"Count me in," said Rainbow.
"Fine. I'm coming, but just because you guys won't be safe without my magic," said Twilight.

"Me, I'm going straight to hide in the bedrooms with Fluttershy," said Rarity. "Matters like this simply can't be disregarded."
Pinkie expertly weaved her way through the ponies, waving goodbye as she dissapeared into the crowds after saying that she would go straight to the castle bathroom because she "needed to take care of some business, quick!"

"See ya at the castle," said Applejack. "Y'all can watch us from out the window, if y'all are even brave enough ta."

The five ponies departed quickly.

Rainbow Dash flew lightly out the window, and Applejack jumped out after. "More convenient than going through the crowd," Rainbow insisted. To her surprise, the red Alicorn jumped out the window right after her.

"Quick, let's go!" said Twilight.


Raspberry Dapple leaped out the window with one sleek jump. It was definitely faster than having to move through a crowd of staring ponies, like that rainbow mare had said. Pretty smart. But she would be crushed like the others anyway, smashed under the ruins of Canterlot Castle like all the rest...She, Raspberry Dapple herself, would demolish the entire building with one small spark of flame. She could already see the magical barriers up ahead, encasing the castle in a thick protection.
"Hmm." She was sure the building wasn't always protected like this.

Did they know about her? Or was it just a coincidence? She decided to find out. She strode easily toward the castle, intending to burn it all down.

As she walked closer, she began to see the level of protection she would be up against; for a few seconds, it seemed as if it weren't really worth it at the moment. Then she shook that thought off and began walking again.

Raspberry Dapple stopped right in front of the long path leading up to the bridge that led to the castle entrance, and eventually, into the giant structure itself. An invisibility spell..perfect for sneaking in. She just had to wait...


Rainbow Dash led the threesome of ponies right in front of her, and watched, stunned, as she was covered with, it seemed, something that made her invisible.
"Invisibility spell," whispered Twilight. "She's going to sneak right in behind another pony that's entering. We have to warn Celestia. Let's run in. Hold on to your Elements, but don't hold them out for everypony to see."

"Actually, let's walk in calmly, like those tourists on the path."

"Yeah! We could pretend ta be tourists," said Applejack excitedly. "Yeah, and snap pictures of the castle like we're real tourists. Then we dash in unexpectedly," said Twilight.

The threesome gave a silent, mutual nod of agreement, then headed in.


Hmm. That blue pony seems to be a tourist. What's that purple companion of hers doing, snapping pictures of everything..and that orange pony with the apple cutie mark and freckles, she's fumbling around with something in her pocket. Looks like gold..and an orange crystal?

Raspberry Dapple sat, looking for something interesting. Some pony who was going to enter the castle. Some unexpected royalty, perhaps?

She sighed as the blue pony and her two friends sat down right in front of the barrier, the purple unicorn still snapping pictures of everything in sight.

Then she saw it. They each pulled a set of gold jewelry out of a bag-and the orange one, a necklace out of her pocket-and the barrier opened. She flew towards the barrier, but screeched to a stop in the air as it closed behind them. They looked behind their backs, grinning, it seemed, at where she used to be standing. She growled deeply in her lungs. They knew who she was, and she had been following her. Following her, all along..She was so angry she dashed ahead and hit the barrier, her invisibility spell instantly disappearing as she made contact with the barrier. The ponies inside were startled as they saw her. She couldn't hear them, but she knew that they were pointing. Pointing at her. And they were scared...

She grinned, because the idea of making ponies be scared of her..

She just liked it.