• Published 28th Dec 2013
  • 1,054 Views, 24 Comments

The Balance of Harmony - The Rising Tide of Night



Twilight and her friends are transported to a mirror world where their counterparts are dead, killed by Discord in his mad quest to take over the world.

  • ...
3
 24
 1,054

Interlude 3

“Twilight! Twilight! Are you all right?”

Twilight looked up at Spike from where she had been writing. Once more, she found that she had been crying, and Spike was shaking her shoulder trying to get her attention.

She wiped her eye, and nodded. “Yes, Spike, I’m fine. Just… it was hard, reliving what happened to Rainbow Dash.”

Spike’s concern was apparent. “Twilight, are you sure you should be doing this? This memory spell you’re using is really knocking you for a loop.”

Twilight shook her head. “I need to do this, Spike. If I don’t, there’s no one else who can or will.”

Spike looked unconvinced. “C’mon, Twilight. I gotta make sure you’re ok.” He shuffled his feet slightly, looking abashed. “You’re the only one I have left.”

She looked at him in surprise, but recovered, thinking. They were truly all they had left from their old life, and she knew that he would do anything to keep her safe, just as she would for him. She smiled up at him. “I know, Spike. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. It’s just going to be a few more days, and I’ll be done.”

Spike continued to look unsure, but nodded anyway. “All right, Twilight. I guess.” He turned away, heading towards the kitchen area. “I’ll make you some lunch. You tend to get so focused you’d forget to eat if I wasn’t there to remind you.”

She smiled at his retreating form, and turned back to her writing. The memory spell she’d been using to recall her experiences with as much clarity as possible flared up once more, and she delved back into her past.