• Published 29th May 2014
  • 720 Views, 25 Comments

The Great Equestrian War - Rainbow_Dash_14008



Chrysalis is back. She has teamed up with new villains. Their army is powerful, and has taken over Equestria and scattered the Mane 6. Can Twilight unite them and bring an end to the war?

  • ...
6
 25
 720

So Young...

We stand in silent mourning. I try to hold back my emotions for the most part. If somepony knew I was close to Scootaloo, there would sure be questions. I now start to wonder why the Commander seems so upset. It seems she knows Scootaloo as well. But how? Who is she?

Thoughts of the Commander slips my mind as I look at Scootaloo again, and memories start flooding in.

Of her and her friends going on missions to find out her talent, of her coming to the library to learn, calling it "Twilight Time". When she carried the PonyVille flag at the Equestria Games. Her smile. Her laugh...

It was too much. Tears start flowing freely. She's so young...so innocent...

Why did this have to happen to her?

I look at Sweetiebelle and Applebloom, who were sobbing at the sight of their beloved friend.

I sit down and wrap my hooves around them, not caring on how it makes the front of my body exposed from the cloak.

"You-you s-said that-that th-they wo-wou-would be al-alright," sobs Sweetiebelle in a hushed whisper that I can barely hear.

"I-I'm sorry," I whisper back, "I-I had n-no idea."

"Wh-Where am I?" asks a soft voice quietly.

I look up. Scootaloo's awake now.

"Sc-Scootaloo?" asks Applebloom, walking up next to the bed.

Scootaloo jumps, and looks at Applebloom, eyes wide. Then she starts struggling, trying to break free from the casts that restrains her from moving.

"Don't hurt me!" she cries out, still struggling, "I didn't do anything! Let me go! Please! I will obey I swear! Just get me out of here!"

"I-I'm not gonna hurt ya Scootaloo!" exclaims Applebloom, taken aback, "It's me! Applebloom! Your friend remember?"

Scootaloo stops struggling, "Applebloom?"

"So ya do remember!" replies Applebloom, "It's ok! You remember Sweeteibelle here too right?"

Scootaloo resumes struggling, "No! You're gonna take me to him! I can't take it any more! Don't take me to him!"

"Scootaloo, calm down," says Nurse Redheart, whom I had completely forgotten was here, "You are safe now. He cannot hurt you anymore."

"Who's he?" I ask.

Nurse Redheart shakes her head, "I don't know. Every time she wakes up, she cries out that we are going to take her to whoever he is. She's traumatized. We are hoping that in time that although she won't have her memories, that she will understand that she isn't a slave anymore."

I nod, then I realize something, "Wait a second, how long has she been here? You guys just got back from the mission a few minutes ago. How would you know all this?"

"Simple, we rescue the captured ponies first, and transport them back here," Nurse Redheart explains, "Then we get into the real fight. These rescued ponies have been here for a few hours. It has been enough time to be able to figure this stuff out."

I nod again and turn back to Scootaloo, who is still struggling while the other two young filllies try to comfort her, with no success. Nurse Redheart clears her throat.

"I think that's enough," she says, "I'm sorry but I think you all should leave her alone. I'm afraid you're going to cause her to hurt herself even more. You guys need to go."

"B-but-" Sweetiebelle begins to retort, but Applebloom puts a hoof on her shoulder and shakes her head. They walk up to me and I get up and start to leave.

To my surprise the Commander, who was silent, gets up too and follows us out of the infirmary.

When we get to the hall, the Commander says quietly, "Bluebell, remember that training lesson that I promised after the battle? I-I'm afraid that I have to reschedule for tomorrow."

I nod in understanding and she leaves. The remaining three of us continue to Cheerilee's room. At the entrance, I give them another hug.

"I'm so sorry," I say, "I-I wish there were something I can do."

"It's okay Twilight," mutters Sweetiebelle, still crying.

I wave good-bye as they enter the room.

I stand at the doorway. It was unfair. For all of them. They were all too young, to experience all this pain.

This war needs to end.