• Published 13th Apr 2015
  • 5,241 Views, 3 Comments

A Frozen Nightmare - xLapis Lazuli



An icy queen demands for a kingdom but receives a no for an answer. The queen only gets angry and gets banished from Equestria. Years later she returns for revenge. Will Equestria survive this eternal blizzard?

  • ...
4
 3
 5,241

The First Snow

Author's Note:

Sorry I wasn't on guys, I was busy. Also I forgot to add that Frightmare Frost doesn't belong to me, the rest of the characters do. Credit to the person that created Frightmare Frost, I would say the name but on deviant art a bunch of people are saying they made her so its pretty confusing :P

A yellow beige unicorn with a short cerulean mane streaked with darker cerulean trotted back in fourth in the centre of Ponyville. Faded Scroll sighed in annoyance, his brother was supposed to be visiting yet he wasn't here! Late as usual. That big oaf needs to get out of the castle earlier! The stallion thought, though he worried his brother just decided not to come. Faded Scroll sighed and decided he would take a break, he trotted towards Sugarcube Corner, hoping that a simple cupcake would cheer him up.

"Hi there!" A cheerful voice greeted him. A pink mare with a hot pink springy mane popped up from behind the counter. "Oh hi." Faded replied quietly, this pony looked familiar. He then realized it was one of Twilights friends, he had seen her pictures on the walls of the castle. "Are you sad?" She asked, this time quieter. "Oh no I'm fine. I'm great. I'm amazing and spectacular." Faded Scroll replied. The mare looked at him up and down through narrowed eyes. She did this for quite a while until Faded broke the silence. "Er, I think this is when you ask me what I want to order.." The pink earth pony was just about to say something when her tail quivered. She quickly moved Faded away from the spot where he was standing. Confused, the stallion was about to move forward when an empty purple flower pot fell from the top floor. "Sorry!" A voice yelled from above. "Its alright!" The bouncy mare called to the pony. "Er, I don't know what just happened and don't want to know what just happened.. Well, uh, can I order now?" The mare looked back at Faded Scroll. "Oh sorry bout that! My Pinkie Sense is going crazy today. Anyways what would you like?" She asked. "Oh just a vanilla cupcake will do. Oh also with chocolate icing and some oats please." Faded replied. The pink pony started bouncing up and down. "Oooh! Cupcakes my favourite.. With their creamy creamy frosting." The mare said licking her lips and pretending to eat a cupcake. "Um.. What about my cupcake?" He asked, waving his hoof in the air in front of her face. "Oh right! Sorry, coming right up! Stay right there." She said going to the kitchen. "Stay." She said, peeking out from the kitchen door with narrowed eyes to make sure he was staying. After she left, Faded Scroll checked to make sure she was actually gone when he was startled by the mares squeaky voice. "Here ya go! Made with.. all natural ingredients!"

This mare scared him.

A few seconds later he was sitting outside eating his cupcake, wondering if his brother was coming. Many ponies said that his brother was bigger and better then him. But he had the brains while his brother had brawn. His brother was a strong pegasus and was hired as one of Celestia's guards. While he was a unicorn and worked as a messenger for Celestia. Princess Celestia had sent Faded Scroll to Ponyville a few months ago to work for Princess Twilight, though he usually just sent messages for all the princesses. Faded Scroll finished up his cupcake and stared out at Ponyville. He then felt a cold breeze that sent a chill down his spine. Something felt off about today, something was different.

He tried to ignore the sudden coldness and brought out a book, hoping that the breeze was only temporary.


Page Bound and Iridescent Pencil trotted towards a light blue coloured cafe, on the store window it showed a picture of the cafe logo, a pale pink teacup with a brown heart on it. In the window on display was a small castle made completely out of different coloured macaroons. Beside it was a white vintage milk glass stand with radiant blood red roses on top.
The two unicorns trotted inside the cafe, inside, the walls were a nice pale pink with thin chocolate brown stripes, the whole shop had a nice old victorian feel to it. A voice greeted them as they entered, "Bonjour Dess, PB!" A pale peach unicorn with a sleek long dark chocolate mane in a wavy side ponytail with a pale pink beret and pale pink bow studded with white pearls around her neck trotted forward.
It was Mochalee le Frenchroast, the owner of the cafe. "Comment ça va?" She asked. "Ca va bien merci." Page Bound replied. "Whoa guys, easy with the French. You know I'm not good at speaking French. Can we stick to speaking English please?" Iridescent said. "Sorry Dess. I just love Prance. Its such a magical place, and the Effilly tower is amazing! Anyways, the usual?" Mochalee asked. "Of course, but give us two more cups of hot chocolate. Its awfully cold out today." Iridescent said. "Oh oui, it is cold outside. I checked this morning. Well four cups of chocolat chaud and macarons coming right up!" The French mare trotted off.

Page Bound and Iridescent sat at their usual table. It was next to a window and had a nice view of Ponyville. "Hey is that.. ice?" Page Bound said, noticing little frost particles covering the usually clear glass. "Are those icicles?" Iridescent asked, she noticed mini icicles hanging from the window. "This is weird. I think its there since it just became Spring. Its probably going to go away in awhile." Page Bound said. "Yeah, I guess."
Mochalee then trotted towards their table, her pink aura glowing as she levitated their orders towards their table. "Voila!" She said, levitating their food on their table. "Merci, mademoiselle Mochalee." Iridescent said with a smile. "See! You do know French." Page Bound said grinning. "Well only a bit." Iridescent replied with modesty. "Well I better be off. Bonne journey!" Mochalee said, leaving the two. The unicorns then returned to their hot chocolates and macaroons.

After awhile of eating and drinking, Page Bound looked towards the window. She blinked, once, twice, three times. It was still there, yet she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"Its snowing!"


"What the.."

Faded Scroll barely had time to think before it happened. The wind started to roar in his ears and he felt it get colder then ever. Then it started snowing. "Blizzard!" Some ponies yelled. "Ah!" Faded Scroll plopped down to the ground, the snow was very deep and very very cold. He was glad that he had his cerulean scarf but it didn't help much. Faded Scroll looked to the sky and saw a strange alicorn flying away. Its heading towards Canterlot. I have to get there and warn the sisters before the blizzard and that alicorn do. He knew it was next to impossible to get there in this weather, but the brave stallion started running to the castle. He slipped on the icy roads and skidded to a halt. Argh! If I were a pegasus I could fly over there! Oh wait, I almost forgot. I have a spell I can use! The unicorn muttered a few words and his horn started glowing blue. It was a portal spell, he had set up a portal at Canterlot Castle and he could set up the other portal here.
A large white oval shape appeared before him. It was glowing and had strange swirls in the middle. He then jumped into the portal without looking back.

Almost a second later he appeared before the magnificent castle. Faded Scroll rushed in past the guards. "Halt!" The two guards said in unison. Faded Scroll looked back. "I'm the royal messenger and have a very urgent message, I must see the princesses now!" The two guards spoke in hushed tones for a few minutes. Faded Scroll was annoyed and needed to see the princesses before 'it' arrived! "Please I must get to the princesses." He said urgently. "Alright, but I shall escort you there." One of the guards said. They rushed towards the room where the princesses were in. Faded Scroll was about to enter when the guard put his hoof on his shoulder. "Let me." He said calmly, slowly walking towards the princesses. Luna was talking while Celestia sipped her tea and listened to her sister. The two princesses both looked up as they heard the guard. "Ahem. The messenger has an urgent message." Faded Scroll rushed in and began talking super fast. "Calm down. Take a deep breath Faded." Princess Celestia said. He took a deep breath. "Theres a giant blizzard headed towards Canterlot!"

The two princesses looked at him like he just spoke another language.

"I thought you said this was urgent." Princess Luna replied. "But it is! A strange alicorn is headed-" Before Faded Scroll could finish, a loud rumble interrupted him. "Sister, what was that?" Luna asked, startled.

"It is 'I', dear Luna," A voice echoed through the castle.



"For I am, Frightmare Frost."