• Published 5th Jul 2012
  • 19,810 Views, 436 Comments

Cheating Death - WIL_I_ZIN



Literally cheating Death to achieve a goal, can make it even harder to accomplish.

  • ...
55
 436
 19,810

Act II

Comments ( 45 )

That picture is glorious.

Looking forward to this sequel. Personally I thought you should have ended the story at chapter 5, cause (OMG THE FEELS!) I did really love it, though it took me a few moments to realize what was going on with his sister and what not. Still a great story though, can't wait for more!

Having two stories featured at once, in the same series? Damn.

So tempted to say "tl;dr".:derpytongue2:

Aru

Damn you author...I read whole first fic at one sessions. Now I'm taking a look at the next one!

YEEESBSHBSFRLÖFBHJLQDIO ÅFGNFIQWÅEJOWÅEONKFNWP

*ahem*

sequel :3

2151408
Never seen that one, but I was thinking of the anime(which I now remembered), Yu Yu Hakusho. The main character died trying to save a little boy from getting hit by a car. He died with the same irony. The kid would've gotten off without a scratch and the main character would be still alive.

2151819
Exakt.(Exactly in German)

26 People attempted to cheat death, but died again. :pinkiecrazy:

1767112 Nah:ajsmug:... its like having the perfect steak dropped in front of you then the steak does all of those things..... though if it did that, I'd pin it down with a few arrows first... then eat it....... steeeaaaak.. with garlic salt :raritystarry:

I downloaded this fanfiction because I thought it would be an interesting read. I can honestly say that I underestimated this... a lot.

The story is so well written, the character well pieced, and the scenes so well done that when I thought about the grammatical errors being the only downside... well, it was something like this.

i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh494/ZShadow4899/oie_265221XPXRUwf61.gif

Anyways, I have to say this is by far one of the best fics I have read overall, and certainly the best written Brony-in-Equestria fic.
I shall be watching you, good sir... that shadow in the mirror, the swish of the shower curtain, even the reason your cats charge through the house at midnight... it will all be me... :pinkiecrazy:

EDIT: Did I mention how well you portrayed Death? Genius!

2180854

HA! Thank you very much. I hope you are just as entertained by the Second act.

If you would like, I could go through your story, find the grammatical errors, give an easy way to find them, and then post the results for you to easily edit. Entirely your decision though, and I will perfectly understand if you don't wish me to. :pinkiesmile:

2186062

Nah, I plan on re-writing chapters 1 and 2, eventually. As for other typos in other chapters, knock yourself out.

2194466

Yeah I will admit I like being verbose a lot.

2244331 whats so interesting about it, is that, while the message is relativity simple, because TGC has never released their company's interpretation of it (if there is one) it actually affects every one in a unique way. I've seen interpretations ranging from it being someones life, to (sigh) it being based on sexual reproduction. I've never looked at the mountain in the same way.:fluttershysad:
I'm actually working on a fic involving journey, although It won't get published until Easter (at earliest)

2244325
My profile pic gets all the awesome comments. Also, stop capitalizing every word in your sentences, it's an eyesore and makes your comments hard to read.

2247746

Just Like My Friend Said On FaceBook.

"i aM yOUR eNEMY mISTER cAPS"

2273547
Yessssssss.

Another one joins the fold.

Buahahaaha.

Wow, Slipps was right! He was like, Dude! Go watch my new review! So I did... now I'm gonna read this.

2683734
They are already re-written.

Revised?
Please don't force me to read this again!:raritydespair:

"Who's that ponymon?"
i.imgur.com/mjpIh2Q.jpg

"ITS PIKACHU!!!"

3970596

Thanks for the nice words, Im glad my fic was able to trigger such an emotional response, that's what I was going for. :D

3972533
Just wondering but did you read the entire fic?
Because the motivations are explained, I think you might have missed a few plot point back there. :)

3974104 Give me a moment:
He went to Equestria in memory of his sister, right? Which is nice and all, but I don't see it as nearly enough motivation for him to abandon his entire life and family. He doesn't actually care about others; he traveled to Equestria for entirely selfish and stupid reasons, and it's hard to sympathize with him. In addition, the entire sister arc is subpar at best, with it coming almost out of nowhere, with little foreshadowing and absolutely no characterization placed on the sister herself. I wasn't given a reason to care about her, I find it hard to sympathize.
Which doesn't make the story itself bad. The story itself is stupid, but funny - a guilty pleasure, of sorts.
So yeah, I read the entire story. I downloaded it and read it on my iPad, though, and the HTML didn't have any pictures, so that might have prevented me from getting the full experience.

3978690

It was actually not in memory, but in act of fulfilling a promise to his sister, albeit a weird one about hugging a pony for her, born out of self loathing and a selfish attempt at self forgiveness. There are a few enough hints at his true motives, although in retrospect it can seem like a fast decent if they aren't noticed.

Either way, thanks for your comments, nice to hear feedback that actually has a differing opinion for a change. :)

I find it hilarious how the rubix cube on the cover is completely solved except for one green square and one orange square being in the wrong place.:rainbowlaugh: Rubix cubes are for rubes.

This looks like it may amuse me. I shall track it for now and read it later.

*slow clap*
Give this man a cookie!

Hey, I think I know what was Death-13493B's past name. It was Felix Jackson, isn't it? This whole trolling session - "I read your mind" (Death just remembered what he thought in the past in this situation), then "I lied, you are just nothing special" (so freshly dead version of him will not like him ant don't stop by conscience from faking papers), then pony hugging (brony!), constant erasing memories of Death's face, so Felix don't understand that this Death is future him... All this effort to complete time-loop, that created Death-13493B. And this whole killing attempts is for Felix, to help his fate-defying ability train and strengthen, so he eventually become the mighty Death-13493B.

Hey, I just re-read the final battle with manticore... Felix destroyed eyes of this creature earlier, why does it use eyes?
> The manticore’s eyes glazed over and slowly its jaw loosened.
How is it possible?

4133920
Death has been the one to take people to the afterlife after their.... well, death. Your comment make sense seeing as it is our choices that lead to our inevitable death any ways. We can only die by our own hands.

I have got to say... I honestly feel like this story genuinely touched me. This was a very amazing piece of work (in my own opinion) and it managed to make me connect with Felix the entire way though. I don't often comment (as I've mostly lurked around this site for the past 2 years not really doing much but reading) but I really feel like I need to say this was purely amazing and want to give you a sincere thanks for writing this story... So without further hesitation, Thank you! :pinkiesad2:

No one noticed Death has a fucking rubix cube but it's. It done no one talking about that.

There were still some errors, even after all the revisions, but I dare say you succeeded in everything you set out to do — this moved me. And it did so more than other stories with better technical execution because the parts you managed to get right you got very right.

6004998
Thank you for the kind words I really tried hard to make this good and I'm glad you liked it.

Dat cube noooo OCD non valid looking for new port self destruct over cube engaged
(/°-°)/ _|__|_

7039869 really? Well better to keep an eye on him.

The rubic's cube in the cover art is annoying me with it's impossibility.

Login or register to comment