• Published 16th Nov 2017
  • 2,059 Views, 47 Comments

Samneo: The Earth Pony - Samuel-Neocros



It was a regular day, until a stallion named Sam, mysteriously showed up. He has no memory of where he was from, not even knowing what a Cutie Mark is! Soon Sam must discover who he is, and defeat the coming darkness that threatens Ponyville...

  • ...
4
 47
 2,059

The Arrival

”The Arrival”

Starlight Glimmer let out a sigh of relief as she took in the wonderful scenery of Ponyville. Smiling, she gently closed her eyes and basked in the warmth that Princess Celestia’s Sun brought her.


Suddenly there was a crash.


Starlight gave a yelp of surprise and stumbled back from the shock wave that was created nearby. After regaining her senses, Starlight peered through the dust that had been kicked up from the impact and saw a young stallion, who looked as if he was on the brink of death.

“O-Oh sweet Celestia! Are you alright?” Starlight asked as she rushed up to the nearly unconscious stallion.

The stallion gave a ragged cough as he began to hack up gravel and other residue left over from the initial impact. Cracking open one eye, he peered at Starlight before his head dropped to the ground.

“Oh no! This is bad! I’ll... I’ll get help for you, okay? I’ll be right back!” Starlight said as she broke into a gallop toward Twilight’s castle.


The stallion stirred, and opened his eyes. He was in a large, purple room. He was lying on a soft, purple bed. He then saw seven mares standing around him. He had no idea where he was or how he got there. Panic began to fill him as his eyes darted around the room anxiously.

“E-excuse me,” the purple-colored mare asked, “Would you mind telling me your name?”

He attempted to speak, but the words that left his mouth sounded less like coherent speech and more like animalistic grunts.

“S-sam,” he mumbled, grimacing at how raw his throat felt. The seven of them gave him a strange look, almost as if his name was alien to them.

“Wowie! What a strange name, I like it!” the pink mare replied, bouncing in the air enthusiastically.

The room fell into an awkward silence, before the one who he saw earlier spoke up, “A-Are you alright? You were in pretty bad shape when I found you.”

Sam’s head wobbled as he struggled to keep it upright, “Where… am I?”

“You’re in Twilight’s castle, she’s the one with a horn and wings,” the blue mare replied, hovering in the air and eyeing him carefully.

His eyes widened as it dawned on him that whatever was going on, this was most certainly not a vivid hallucination, he was lucid. He let out a gasp of shock and attempted to scramble out of bed, only to cry out in pain as he forced his aching muscles to move.

“P-please, stay still,” the yellow mare with wings said softly, gently holding him down, “You crash landed near Twilight’s castle and you were badly injured. Your still in a state of injury.”

The orange pony wearing a Stetson hat let out a small whistle as she looked down at the Sam’s now exposed flank.

“Well I’ll be, this fella doesn’t have a cutie mark! Where are you even from, sugarcube?”

Sam cringed at the acrid taste of iron in his mouth, “I… what? W-what’s a cutie mark?”

The seven of them whispered amongst one another, before Twilight eventually spoke up.

“Either you hit your head harder than I thought, or you’re something else entirely. You’re not a changeling, I can tell that much, but until you recover, I can’t form any solid conclusion.”

Sam gripped the yellow pony’s hoof as he felt his eyelids begin to flutter, “Please… let me just… sleep.”

Author's Note:

Update: Decided to remove the opening to give a bit more mystery