• Published 16th Nov 2017
  • 2,059 Views, 47 Comments

Samneo: The Earth Pony - Samuel-Neocros



It was a regular day, until a stallion named Sam, mysteriously showed up. He has no memory of where he was from, not even knowing what a Cutie Mark is! Soon Sam must discover who he is, and defeat the coming darkness that threatens Ponyville...

  • ...
4
 47
 2,059

Epilogue: New Start

EPILOGUE

It had been a few months after the battle in Ponyville, everypony went back to their normal lives. Sorsirina, Vorita, and Molgovon were missing, and it felt as though they were gone for good. Saverna would occasionally stop by Twilight’s castle, to talk to Sam and the gang. Voss, Slaughter, Dark, and Silver recently have received news from Saverna that they were needed for another task elsewhere.

Sam had gotten to know Voss and the squad, and now they were friends. Just when they were at the peak of friendship, Saverna had to ask the gang to come with her, back to wherever they came from.

“Uh... where are you going exactly?” Sam asked Saverna. Saverna smiled, and lowered her head to his height.

“Me and them, are going back to Earth.” Saverna replied, in a whisper. Sam blinked, as he remembered home. He also remembered to never tell Twilight Sparkle, which he felt bad about. “Do you want to come with us?”

Sam wasn’t sure at first, he had just battled Sorsirina a few months ago, and now it’s year’s end. Sam trailed off, in thought. He wondered what the benefits were, for going back. He felt like he was done with that world, and that he had served his purpose.

“Perhaps, see your family for one last time? Not only that, but to see your creature friends as well?” Saverna asked, trying to urge Sam into going with her. Sam sighed.

“I thought I was done there...”

“Technically you are, but you’ve also hadn’t seen them in over a year or so. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but I think that.. if you gave it a chance...” Saverna knew that Sam wasn’t the travel type, but she also knew that Sam probably deeply cares for that world, maybe not the people, but nature, and all of his former creature friends.

Sam sighed, and turned to her.

“As much as I.. want to stay here... I guess I’ll find myself there, one way or another.” Sam replied.

As they were talking, Neocros and Rainbow Dash came up behind him. They were wondering what the two were talking about.

“Hey Sam, what’s up?” Rainbow asked. Sam jumped, and turned around. He nervously looked around.

“Oh uh... me and Saverna are.. talking about me going back to my place?” He replied. Rainbow Dash cocked her head. Saverna chuckled at the two.

“You see Rainbow Dash, me, Voss, and his friends are going to go on a trip. I’m asking Sam to come with us, but he doesn’t seem to be sure.” Saverna explained. Rainbow Dash and Neocros seemed to be interested in what she said. Saverna looked at Sam. “If you feel like it’ll be long, don’t worry. Using my magic, it’ll be a short trip. Not that I’m pestering you too.”

“Well, Sam? If you don’t feel comfy about it, maybe you could stay with us for a bit?”

“Uhm... I can’t really choose. On one hand, I want to see my old friends, but I also don’t feel the strength to go. I’ve been so burned out by that battle a while ago, that honestly, I’m surprised I haven’t turned into a potato!” Sam stuttered. Neocros walked up to him, and crouched down to his level. He opened his mouth, about to speak, when he stopped himself for a moment.

Saverna decided to make things easier for Sam.

“You won’t have to do much, you can just say hello to your old friends, and then we’ll be back to Equestria in no time.” Saverna proposed. Sam sighed, giving up.

“Ugh... fine. I guess I don’t have much to lose, eh?”

Saverna smiled. As the two agreed, Voss walked up to the four. He was silently listening, and observing what was the hold up. He found that Sam didn’t actually wanted to go, though he felt obligated to leave back. Although Voss knew the benefits for Dark and Slaughter returning to Earth, he didn’t know much of why Sam didn’t feel the need to return. But then again, on the other hand, He and his gang members didn’t really had much to gain from Saverna’s trip either, but they only decided to go, to perhaps give Earth on last goodbye.

“Okay, do I need to pack anything?”

“No, not really. Do you own anything, ever since you’ve came here to Equestria?” Saverna asked. Sam gave a somewhat nervous response.

“Eehhh... not exactly. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to go with nothing...”

Sam turned to his friends, and said his goodbyes, before he followed Saverna to the front doors. The trio were waiting for them, and were almost out the door, when Saverna and Sam arrived.

“Voss, and you two, Sam will be coming with us.” Saverna said. The trio nodded, and the five of them begin exiting out the front doors. But before Sam did so, he turned, and saw his friends. Twilight Sparkle, and everypony watched him as he was about to leave.

“Hey, Neo?” Sam asked. Neocros heard Sam’s voice in his mind, and replied with a yes. “Take care of Rainbow, for me. If she wasn’t a thing, I wouldn’t have lived to see the day...”

Neocros didn’t know how to respond to what Sam said, but regardless, he nodded, promising him to continue supporting Rainbow Dash...


~~ Now, The Journey of Neocros will soon begin... ~~

Author's Note:

I just couldn’t let it go, could I? I wasn’t satisfied with the ending, so I made this. Hope this gave a bit more closure...

Comments ( 5 )

This was a much better is that I word sorry that might be Swedish combined with English I haft to go now so I don’t miss the bus home

I unpublished the cut content chapter, due to some confusion all around. I thought people would like to see some of the unused concepts that were cut from the story...

9774683
Thanks for the feedback! I find this ending to be a bit better than before, and it’s definitely a much more solid conclusion now.

9830669
Thanks! I’ve read your entire review, and I do agree with all your points. After reading it, I sort of now have an idea on what to improve upon in the sequel story: Neocros Adventures.

I’ll probably explain more in PM, but hopefully the sequel will be a bit more enjoyable compared to Samneo.

Login or register to comment