• Published 5th Aug 2012
  • 418 Views, 1 Comments

Slipstreams' Courage - Soarin13



A socially awkard pegasis must overcome his fears in order to save the mane 6 and all of equestria.

  • ...
 1
 418

That strange feeling

I awoke the next morning from the same dream. However, this time it was a bit .......different. This time, the voice was greatly different. It was no longer mine, but Applejacks' instead. Maybe I would seem indifferent about the change, but I could've sworn that AJ sounded like she was crying when she told me to wake up. What was that all about? Was this a sign? More importantly, why was I getting the feeling?

This feeling of mine is actually quite strange. At first it seems like it's just my anxiety was acting up, but it just gets worse. I can never explain why this happens, but whenever I get this feeling, something usually goes bad. I've had this ability, if you want to call it that, ever since I was a little colt. With this ability came certain disabilities too. My therapist tells me that despite my calm disposition, I have extremely high levels of anxiety. I always sort of knew this. I was never really the sociable pony to begin with. Another disability I had was that I was uneasy about doing anything new or different from my daily routine. I just don't like to venture too far into the unknown. But, of all the cons with my personality, none are as embarrassing as my last. I am afraid of heights. I'm not like completely terrified, I'm still able to fly pretty well it's just that after a certain height I begin to panic. I'll look in the mirror each day with dissapointment, how the hay can a pegasus be afraid of heights?!

All these things are actually one of the many reasons I really like AJ. She's kind, generous, and selfless but at the same time could kick anyponys' flank. She was tough, fearless, and a real athlete. Out of six, she was a bearer of the elements of Harmony. She represents the element of Honesty for crying out loud, so I'm pretty sure lying isn't her thing. It seems almost weekly that she and her friends go on cool adventures and journeys. She could spit danger in the eye, while I'm a freakin' pegasus who's afraid of heights.

With all my fears I gave up my dreams of ever becoming what I really wanted to be, a Wonderbolt. I never told anyone but Applejack this. She told me to cheer up and that I could still overcome it and be what I really want to be. I believed her, but barely. The truth was that she didn't fear, she just didn't know fear Like I did.

"Oh come on snap out of it! You can't let anything stand in your way. There is nothing to worry about, it's just another day." I convinced myself this and began my routine. After I put on my tie I grabbed my saddlebag and bolted out the door. I went outside and noticed that there was no sky. Instead it was replaced by black and swirling clouds. I wondered if the weather ponies were off duty today. I waited by the mailbox, waiting to greet the kind and bubbly mail mare. A few minutes had passed and there was no Ditzy.

"Odd, she's usually here by now", I said aloud. I didn't want to be late so I just left and continued my daily routine. I was near sugarcube corner when I noticed something. There was nopony around. I just knew that something was wrong because I don't pass by Sugar Cube Corner without ever hearing that somewhat annoying mare that lives with Mr. and Mrs. Cake. What was her name again? Pinkie, that's right, AJ introduced me to her. She kept trying to feed me some kind of cupcake in an attempt to get me to socialize with everyone. I swear if it weren't for AJ coming to rescue me from the torture that is Pinkie, I would've taken that cupcake and shoved it right up her....BLAM!!!!

"Oww, what the hay!" I was lying face first on the ground. I was shocked to discover who the culprit was. "Ditzy! What in the name of Celestia are you doing?" She didn't respond, instead she merely glanced at me with a look of rage in her eyes.....or eye..well, whatever. With that much tension in her eyes, and considering my current position, this could only mean one thing.

"Ditzy, I'm sorry! Alright I'm sorry! I shouldn't have eaten that muffin! I'm sorry, I had just gotten back from my first job and hadn't had anything to eat that entire day! I didn't know you'd be this upset, but I'm sorry!"
"Shut up!", and with that I was greeted with a nice and welcoming hoof to the face. After the blow I had that metallic taste on my tongue so i just spat it all out. Something wasn't right here. The Ditzy I knew would never resolve to violence. Still lying on the floor with the enraged mail mare on top of me, I awkwardly turned my head around to see what was happening. I saw two other ponies close by staring at me. I knew their names, Lyra and Bonbon, I think. They were walking towards us slowly. The unicorns' horn began to glow. From the looks of it, Lyra was about to use some sort of spell on me, but there was no way of telling which one she had in mind.

"What're you gonna do? Kill me?" I tried to sound as tough as I could but it wasn't easy. Underneath I was shaking like a chiwauwa.

"We're not going to kill you, we're just going to shut you up for a while." They chuckled while saying so. I had to find a way out. This was it. It was either do, or die trying. With all my strength, I expanded my wings to their full span, knocking Ditzy off my back and into the approaching unicorn. I quickly got to my hooves and stood there ready to fly away, but I didn't do it just yet. I don't know why but I yelled,"Why are you doing this?" What I got for a response truly shocked me. In a quick flash their bodies somehow changed into..mine!

"Why are you doing this?", they mimicked. I knew these creatures. They were changelings! Never in my life have I seen a changeling, until now. What were they doing in Ponyville? Worry about that later, I gotta get out of here, I told myself. Without further thinking I took off straight into the air. I didn't want to go too high tough, if they were following me I'd be able to loose them in the streets. I zoomed past stores and boutiques hoping to outrun them. I looked behind me and didn't see any sign of them. Since the coast was clear I went a little higher and was able to find a nice resting spot on tree's branches. Alright it was time think. What am I going to do? Where am I going to go? All these thoughts were buzzing in the back of my brain, I just couldn't handle it. I was beginning to hyprovetilate due to the amount of adrenaline rushing through my body. Fortunately I was able to calm down quick enough before I began completely loosing it.

"Alright think Slip, think. Where can I go that's safe. Can't go back home, no way am I going to risk bumping into those guys again.' With my options running out, I was left with no choice. I had to get sweet Apple Acres. Chances are AJ's still there. If she is and doesn't know what's going on, I had to warn her and her family.

If only I knew what would've happened, I would've never have gone there.