• Published 22nd Aug 2020
  • 265 Views, 4 Comments

A High School Tail - FlameStar05



Its a race against time as FlameStar must survive high school to return to Equestria and stop a devistating villain

  • ...
 4
 265

How Kind Your Life Can Be

As night fell upon Canterlot city, FlameStar and Alura arrived at Fluttershy's cottage. It was similar to the one in Equestria. FlameStar couldn't help but think of his friends back home. He started to worry and feel sad.

"FlameStar?" asked Alura. "Are you alright?" FlameStar snapped out of it.

"Huh?! Oh... yeah Alura. I'm fine." FlameStar went up to the door, leaving Alura to think.

"I hope FlameStar is alright..." she thought to herself. Just then, the door opened to show a bunny on the doorway.

"Oh. Hi Angel." Angel was confused. He never saw FlameStar before and yet he guessed his name. Fluttershy walked in and immediately ducked her head back in again.

"Oy vey..." FlameStar groaned. Alura walked to the door and Fluttershy relaxed some more after seeing her.

"Um. Hi Alura." she said softly. The sparks burned in FlameStar's head as he remembered Alura talking to her when they arrived here. "Who is... your friend?"

"I'm FlameStar, Fluttershy." Fluttershy gave a suprised look. "Alura told me about you?" Fluttershy nodded.

"It's pretty cold out. Come in." said Fluttershy.


Starlight finally arrived back at the mirror with Celestia and Luna.

"Hmm. Seems tricky but we can open it temporarily." Celestia responded.

"Starlight Glimmer, it will have to be you to go inside the mirror when we do open it." Luna explained. "We can forcefully open it, but it will close immediately again." Starlight pondered.

"Hmm... I know there's a set of Twilight's friends there..." Starlight thought back to her first visit and made a choice. "Sunburst. I know there isn't another one of you and you should stay here, but you and anypony else are welcome to join me."

Sunburst fixed his glasses. "It's a kind gesture but you're right. I'd be more help here." Just then, a book started to shimmer. Celestia spies the book and pulls it over.

"It's Sunset Shimmer! My old pupil." Celestia remarked. The alicorn opened the book and read the message.

To whoever is reading this,

My name is Sunset Shimmer. I have a guy named FlameStar. He's safe and sound with me. The portal to Equestria closed here and FlameStar is stuck. He needs help to get back home. We are trying to get the magic from the Elements of Harmony in my world. All I can ask you all to do is try to get it working on your side. Help to bring FlameStar home.

Celestia grabbed a quill and responded to Sunset's message.

To you, Sunset Shimmer,

Thank you for informing us of FlameStar's safety and proof of life. Things aren't good here in Equestria. Twilight is missing and the guards and Wonderbolts can't handle this on their own. Keep FlameStar safe and keep up your work.

"FlameStar is safe in the alternate world." Celestia responded. "Sunset Shimmer is looking after him."

"Then i best go in and find him." Starlight remarked bravely.

"Very well." Said Celestia. "Ready Sister?" Luna nodded. Together the two Alicorns forced the portal to open up for Starlight.

"Hurry, Starlight Glimmer!" Luna strained. Starlight jumped into the portal without any hesitation. The Alicorns stopped and the portal shut.

"Be careful, Starlight." Celestia said under her breath.


Back at Canterlot City, Sunset was getting ready to sleep when she saw her book shimmer.

"*yawn* What?" Sunset groaned. She grabbed her book and read what was going on. "Celestia?!" Sunset skimmed over the message many times. She couldn't believe it: Equestria is in trouble and Twilight has gone missing! "NO! Alura wasn't kidding. She is a fairy... and her cousin is causing terror in Equestria!" Sunset looked at her clock. "Ok. It's not too late. We'll get the rest of the Elements all at once!" Sunset pulled out her phone and texted her friends.

SOS!! WE NEED TO SLEEPOVER AT PINKIE'S!!!!!!!

FlameStar was with Alura thinking about Equestria.

"FlameStar?" Asked Alura. "Are you thinking about Equestria?"

"Sure am. I don't know if I'll ever get back home." He sighed. "There was something I was hoping to do..."

"What is it?"

"Face my past." FlameStar said.

"Your past?"

"Yes. I want to go back to my old village and come to terms with the townsfolk." FlameStar explained. "I also want to go and see my old friends..."

"But aren't your friends the Elements of Harmony?" Asked Alura.

"Yes but my old friends. My friends when I was a colt. Midnight Animes, Jayhawk Windrise and Lumber Earth."

"Would you like to talk about it?" asked Fluttershy from a distance. FlameStar looked up. " You'll feel a lot better if you do."

"Yeah. Alright. So my friends were--" FlameStar was cut off when Fluttershy's phone rang.

"Oh my." said Fluttershy. "It says we need to go to Pinkie's house."

"Yippee!! More gingerbread!" Alura cheered. FlameStar was rather puzzled

"You were trapped in crates underneath the Castle of Friendship." FlameStar reminded. "How do you know Pinkie lives in a gingerbread house?"

"I had my freedom, FlameStar. I did a bit of exploring but then my cousin took me away to the castle and left me there."

"That's rough, buddy." FlameStar said. Then, Fluttershy walked up.

"FlameStar, we got to go to Pinkie's house." She said.

"Pinkie's? How come?"

"Its urgent said Sunset Shimmer."

"No time to waste!" FlameStar leaped up and dragged Alura with him.

"FlameStar! I can walk by myself!" Alura laughed.

Later the trio arrived at Pinkie Pie's house. The rest of the girls were waiting and then they saw him.

"Thats FlameStar, y'all." said Applejack.

"So he's the one you stuffed in a dress Rarity?" asked the rainbow haired girl.

"Maybe..." Rarity said innocently. FlameStar walked up to them.

"Hi there. I'm FlameStar. And this is Alura."

"Hello!" They all said in unison.

"Im sure Sunset told you of my... current predicament."

"You're stuck here in our world and your world is under attack by an evil fairy prince who wanted to destroy what's left in your wold and make you suffer?" asked Pinkie. The others turned to stare at her.

"Sunset isn't here yet and she didn't explain in the text..." Applejack answered. "How would you know?"

"We didn't say anything either." Alura said.

"But she's pretty much spot on." FlameStar replied.

"It's a hunch. Come in!"

Later the girls were all having fun while brainstorming ideas to bring back FlameStar. FlameStar however started to get a little shy. He was the only boy among the group. He decided to look out the window and she saw a girl running down the block. Using his impeccable sight he learned from the Changelings and Griffins, he noticed the girl's hair looked an awful lot like Starlight's hair.

"Wait... Starlight?" FlameStar thought. Focusing his gaze, he saw it really was Starlight! FlameStar quickly opened the window to get her attention. "STARLIGHT!! UP HERE!!" FlameStar yelled. Starlight looked up.

"FlameStar!" She cried. "Hang on! I'll come to you!" She knocked on Pinkie's door and waited. Then Maud answered the door. "Wait... Maud?" Starlight asked?

"have we met before?" Maud asked in a very monotone manner.

"Um... its complicated..." Starlight explained. "May i come in?" Maud said nothing but then offered a slight nod. Starlight kicked off her heels and went up to where FlameStar was.

"Starlight Glimmer!" The girls all said.

"Hi again." She said sheepishly.

"Glad you could join the par-" FlameStar was cut off by a sudden realization. "Wait! How'd you get here? The portal is down! I'm stuck here!

"I went through the portal. So?"

"You shouldn't have come to try find me." FlameStar said. "However you got in through the portal, It's a one way trip." FlameStar pondered still.

"What about that journal Sunset has?" Starlight asked. "Thats how the portal was powered up before so it can stay open."

"Journal? What journal?" FlameStar asked. Sunset pulled out her journal and showed it to FlameStar. "May i?" He took it and looked inside. She saw a message from Celestia. "Wait... I can tell them I'm ok. I got an idea! I need a quill!" Sunset handed him one. "Ok... To my inspiration, Celestia...