• Published 20th Sep 2012
  • 881 Views, 5 Comments

We're all Equestrians now - Wrinklenator

  • ...
13
 5
 881

When things turn a corner

We’re all Equestrians now

Chapter 3: When things turn the Corner

I walked to Hollynight’s home with her. I just listened as she pointed out everything in Ponyville. She showed me the town hall. She pointed out a barn in the distance and said it was Sweet Apple Acres.

“And there’s Sugarcube Corner.” She pointed out. It was that same building I saw that had the zebra-. The thought just hit me. Was that zebra the witch doctor in the vision? Why was he here? No, that can’t be. It was just a coincidence. Even if it was, it's not like it mattered.

“Capidas, is something wrong? Why did you stop?” Hollynight asked me. I noticed she was ahead by about ten feet.

“Sorry, I didn’t know I wasn’t moving. A thought just popped in my head.”

“What thought was that?”

“It’s nothing.”

“Okay then. If it’s personal, you have a right to keep it to yourself.” She said and walked over to me.

“Just remember that I’m always here for you.” She put her hoof under my chin to nudge it up and her eyes became droopy as they looked into mine. Her eyes snapped open became aware of what she was doing.

“Let’s move along, shall we. There’s ‘Quills and Sofas’. I know. It’s weird. They only sell two things."

We finally got to her house. Hollynight unlocked the door with her magic and said, “I remembered something. You could use a cutie mark, mister if you’re going to be a pony now.”

“What’s a cutie mark, again?” I asked.

“It’s that mark that appears on a pony’s flank when she realizes her special talent.” She responded as we walked inside.

“Is it permanent?” I asked again.

“Of course silly, but what would be your special talent?” she said.

“Whatever it may be, I want to get some sleep.” I yawned.

“It’s that late already?” Hollynight said surprised.

“Yeah, considering I did sleep in and remember you showed me Equestrian history at the library before we left.”

“Okay, well I hope you can get rest tonight, you have calmed down now, right?” I smiled and nodded, “I feel ponirific! Is that a word you ponies use?” I smiled showing my teeth to try to impress her. Hollynight rolled her eyes and looked annoyed. We then stared at each other with blank expressions and unanimously started laughing,

“See you in the morning, Capidas.” She went to a chest next to the door I did not notice before, grabbed a saddle, and tied it on her back.

“Where are you going?”

“To the post office, my friends said they’d send me something while on vacation and I want to see if it got here before I go to bed.”

Hollynight left and I went upstairs into her guest room. Guest room. It might as well be my permanent room. I can’t move in her house forever. Hollynight seemed to be very happy when it came to me staying here. I felt calmer than the time of the previous night. I got into the bed and lay my head on the old pillow.

“Ah… things are good. I can’t wait for tomorrow.” I whispered to myself and fell asleep.

I entered an odd abyss.

“Not again.” I groaned. I saw a foggy orb of a few bright colors, almost a pink and a green of some kind. I heard a weak voice again. That same voice. That same weak feminine voice, only it was slightly stronger than before. I could hear it just well enough to make out the word ‘you’.

“What about me?!” I yelled because I figured she was far away. “Who are you?” I cried out and ran to the orb and…. The atmosphere turned from pitch black to everything dissolving into a grey fog. I woke up again.

“What was that?” I asked myself and I looked outside to see three foals covered in tree sap.

“Hmm, but this time the voice was stronger.” I thought out loud, “Well, then it’s only a matter time before my dreams reveal what she said.” I walked out and turned to my left and headed to the shower that was behind that door at the end of the hallway. I opened to door to see the bathtub.

“Wait a minute. I can’t stand up on two legs so how is this going to work?” Let’s just say a managed to figure it out.

I felt fresh again. My pony coat felt so clean and my brown mane and tail was rather heavy with water. I sat down and dried myself with a towel I found on the rack.

“Wait a minute can I… no wait, that’s dogs.” I got out of the bathroom and headed downstairs.

I was only slightly home sick and wanting to be a human again. Well… I wouldn’t say it was all gone, but it no longer bothered me unless I brought it up. I trotted downstairs to see that Hollynight was up again making breakfast. Gee, that mare sure tries hard.

“Hollynight, what do ponies normally do?” I asked her.

“Well, my friends and I would hang out and do whatever, but most of them are still on vacation.” She replied, “Did you want to get a job or something now that you’re stuck here? Maybe we could use the extra money to redecorate this old place and you could get your cutie mark!” My face and ears started to droop a bit when she said ‘stuck'.

She turned around, “Oh! I’m sorry, Capidas, I’m sorry.” She said trying to undo the damage.

“Nah, that’s okay. I kinda like being a pony now. The world is so peaceful here.” I smiled lightly.

“Peaceful here? Weren’t things nice in your world?” she was perplexed.

“No, things weren’t nice. Some things we great for some people, it really depended on where you were born and lived. There is always some person fighting somepony else, I mean somebody else.” Hollynight looked at me as if I was a horror movie.

“That’s sounds so… so…” her voice was shaking in sadness, “…horrendous!” her eyes started to water a bit. On second thought, make that watering a lot.

“Hollynight!” I said surprised, “Are you crying?”

“I apologize,” she wiped some of her tears with her hoof, “but I can’t believe your own kind would KILL each other.” She sobbed.

“Not everyone is like that.” I said and I hugged her and stroked her mane to calm her down. “Most of us humans are opposed to killing and fight to keep others safe using force only for defensive means.” Whoa, her mane felt so soft.

She's still very upset..... how could I get her mind off that? “You know, Hollynight, what was that place called? Cubed Sugar Corner?” I said to distract her.

She wiped the last of her tears.

“It’s Sugarcube Corner. Did you want to go there?” she asked her mood lightening. “Yeah, let’s go get something to drink.” Hollynight sniffed one last time and we trotted outside together.

“It’s a family owned business with an assistant of theirs who also lives there. Her name is Pinkie Pie. She’s a really sweet pony. Both in her personality and her diet.” Hollynight joked.

We walked in Sugarcube Corner with a pink pony with puffy hair. I’m guessing it was Pinkie Pie just because the name matched the color of her coat and mane. Before Hollynight could introduce me the pink pony gasped while she jumped in the air.

“OhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygosh!” the pink pony squealed with a squeaky and fast voice.

“You must be new because I know everypony here and that means I would have seen you before and because I can’t recognize you because you’re new you must not have any friends except for Hollynight here obviously but I knew that not because I stalk ponies well I seldom do but I know because I can see you’re hanging out with her but anyway I’m Pinkie Pie what’s your name!?” I stood frozen. How did she get all of that in one breath?!?!

“Pinkie Pie, this is Capidas and he-”

“CAPIDAS! Wow! What a unique name I’ve never hear anypony with that name before OhMyGosh you’re here and new and that means you never had a welcome party! OhMyGosh I need to start sending so invites to everypony in town so we can have that PARTY!” She jumped on the word ‘party’, “We need to have everypony R.S.V.P.,” she started to snicker a little, “A.S.A.P.!” said Pinkie Pie and she snorted with laughter after the punch line of her own joke. She ran out the door fast she created her own gust of wind.

“Is that pony mentally stable?” I asked seriously. Hollynight just giggled a bit,

“Don’t sweat it, she’s just being Pinkie Pie.” This was just plain weird, but I liked it. Hollynight and I walked over to the glass counter of Sugarcube Corner and tapped the bell on the counter.

“Just a second, dearies!” I heard a voice from the room behind the counter. “Hollynight darling!” said the pony again who came out of the kitchen. The mare had a coat of bright blue and a mane that looked like different colors of strawberry soft served ice cream came.

“It’s so nice to see you again, Mrs. Cake.” Hollynight said gleefully.

“Oh, who’s the new stallion in town? What’s your name, dear?” the hostess turned to face me.

“I’m Capidas.” I said, “I’m guessing you’re Mrs. Cake?”

“That’s right, and I’m guessing you’re a good guesser.” She then looked around, “Oh no, I hope Pinkie Pie didn’t scare you. She really likes meeting new ponies, and she does tend to go overboard on her greetings.”

“The welcome party is being planned now. He’ll have to be on alert until then.” Hollynight interjected and tapped me on my mane.

“We’ll take two cupcakes and a vanilla shake.” Hollynight said. Mrs. Cake nodded and trotted off to the kitchen again.

“One vanilla shake?” I asked, “Why not two?” We walked down and sat at a table together. “Two reasons: One: they are pretty big, and secondly: it’s always nice to share a drink with a special somepony.”

I felt odd. I felt warm and fuzzy inside. Was Hollynight... .nah..... But then again, It wouldn’t hurt to ask.

“Hollynight, did you-”

“Here you are, you two.” Mrs. Cake gave us a platter with our order on it and went back in the kitchen.

“Here’s to us!” Hollynight said and grabbed her cupcake and held it up. I grabbed mine and we hit them together in a toast.

My mind suddenly surged with pain and I collapsed backward on the ground.

“Cap-!” Hollynight’s voice faded away as the room turned to grey smoke and then to the black abyss. I lifted myself back up.

Aw, this again… I looked around the abyss. I sat on what felt like the floor but was nothing to be seen. I waited for that same voice.

“COME ON! I KNOW YOU’RE CAUSING THIS AGAIN!! SHOW YOURSELF!!!” I stood up and shouted in rage. I heard nothing. Then the orb popped up in the distance and glowed much stronger than before it did.

“I am here, human.” The orb glowed more brightly and it morphed into a white pony with a mane and tail very different from other ponies. It was animated and flowing. She was different than the other ponies in one… or two… other features; this mare had both a horn AND wings and she had a cutie mark of the sun.

“Capidas, I am Princess Celestia. You must understand that there is a growing threat in Equestria.” The white mare said.

“Are you one of those wise leaders that rhyme when they speak?” I asked her.

“What did you say?”

“Oh nothing! Growing threat, uh? Oh great.” I rolled my eyes; “I knew the happy feelings and thoughts were too good to last.” I mumbled and my ears drooped. I’m starting to get used to my ears helping me express my emotions.

“There is a human out there, an enemy, someone I thought I had banished quite awhile ago. This man is Chaoi-Wa.”

“Chaoi-what?” I asked.

“He’s the man who brought you here, Capidas. He entered this world through the help of dark spirits. They are evil beings that have ravaged several worlds other than our own and consumed all of them. My sister, Luna, and I had fought these spirits before and they fought me with great power and swiftness. They wanted to feed on the joy and love felt by all ponies in Equestria and collect their souls for their own twisted uses.” The Princess said.

“What does this have to do with Chaoi-Wa, Princess?” I asked, Celestia shook her head, “I don’t know too much. The spirits need him to get them to Equestria. But the spirits are not his minions, they are his masters.”

I cocked my head in slight confusion, “Really?” She nodded, “Yes, this much I know is true. Luckily, he is not as strong as they are and they have grown much stronger in the world where I banished them.”

I thought for second, “It was Earth. Wasn’t it?” Celestia nodded, “Yes.”

“Why, Princess?” She closed her eyes and hung her head. “I’m sorry. There were too many of them to contain them here in Equestria, so I did what came first in my mind. Luna and I just teleported them into another world.”

“My world. Then they met Chaoi-Wa.” I said.

“I don’t know that for sure… but yes, they are working together and Chaoi-Wa is going to bring them back.” She paused for dramatic effect probably. Pfft, Princesses, think they’re so much better than everypony else.

“It is up to you to stop them.” I became fearful of what I was to do next. “Why me, Princess? Why am I the one to stop him?” Princess Celestia started to fade out.

“Because I you’re a human with a strong heart and mind, Capidas, and only someONE like that can stop this man and his monsters. I’m sorry this burden has to be on you.”

“I understand Princess.” I nodded to show my comprehension.

“One last warning, Capidas.” I perked up once more, “Yes?”

“The only reason you are here is because of him. The spell is still bound to you. Should something happen to either one of you, the spell will be broken and both of you will leave Equestria. Is that clear?” It was like the Princess slapped me across the face.

“So you’re saying that, once Chaoi-Wa is defeated, I have to leave this place?” I asked.

The Princess nodded one last time. “I apologize again, Capidas.”

She faded away and the black abyss turned to gray smoke and I woke up.