• Published 23rd Jul 2023
  • 775 Views, 12 Comments

Equestria Girls: Friendship is Magic - StarBlader

  • ...
3
 12
 775

A Wedding in Canterlot City Part 2

The big day was to happen in three months, and there was lots to do. They had to find a place to have the actual wedding and the reception, dresses, suits, and decorations had to be bought, a menu needed to be thought up, and invitations had to be sent out.

Of course Night Light, Twilight Velvet, and Twilight all pitched in to help out the new couple. At school one day, Twilight was looking through a magazine to see what kind of bridesmaid dress she wanted.

"Hmm, they all look so nice."

Then Rarity came up to her.

"What are you looking at, Twilight?" she wondered.

"Hi, Rarity, I'm just trying to find a dress for Shining Armor and Cadance's wedding."

"Well that's the theme?"

"The theme?"

"Theme, the color scheme, the decorations?"

"I don't know all that's not figured out yet."

"Oh darling, I think you may need my help."

"You know about planning weddings?"

"Well not really. But I do know about decorating for high events."

"Did somebody say events?" Pinkie Pie wondered appearing.


"Hi Pinkie, we were just talking about my brother's wedding." Twilight informed.


"Ooh, can I help out. Weddings are kinda like parties and parties are my specialty."

"I suppose you could help out, why don't you guys come by my house after school?"

"Sounds good to me." Pinkie replied.

"Same with me." added Rarity.

Soon word that Twilight's family needed help with the planning spread to Twilight's other friends. And they all went to Twilight's house once the final bell rang.

At the house, Twilight's parents and Shining Armor and Cadance were looking over wedding ideas.

"There's so much. Maybe we should hire a wedding planner." thought Cadance.

"Sorry Cadance we tried to find one, but they're all booked up." Night Light informed.

"Will dogs be invited to this wedding?" Spike wanted to know.

Everyone chuckled. Just then, Twilight and her friends came in.

"Hi, everyone." she greeted.

"Hello, Twilight, and girls." Shining Armor greeted.

"Twilight, we don't mind you bringing your friends over, but we have work to do." Twilight Velvet told her daughter.

"That's why I brought them, Mom."

"We came to offer our assistance in helping out with the big day." Applejack explained, taking off her hat.

"If that's okay with you guys." Fluttershy replied.


"We'd really appreciate the help." Cadance told them.

"Then let's get started." declared Rarity.

The girls jumped right into helping. Applejack helped out with the menu, Rarity gave advice on the dresses and theme of the wedding, Rainbow Dash helped with the tough decisions, Fluttershy gave her thoughts on the decorations, Pinkie instructed on how the events should go.

And Twilight kept track of everything. Then after an hour, the girls had to get home.

"That went well." Spike said.

"Yes it did, your friends sure are helpful, Twilight." Shining Armor told.

"Thanks." Twilight replied.

"But I still didn't get my question answered." mentioned Spike.

"What question was that Spike?"

"Am I invited to the wedding?"

Twilight looked at Shining Armor and Cadance. The couple looked at each other, and smiled.

"Sure Spike. You can carry our rings." Cadance told him.

"You can be our ring dog." added Shining Armor.

"Awesome." Spike yipped.

With the help of Twilight's friends things went a little smoother. They decided to have the wedding at a local church, and the reception at the Hotel Canterlot. The menu would consist of hordurves of cheese cubes, and mini sausages.

An appetizer of lobster bisque, a main course of either roast beef or baked chicken sides sides of mashed potatoes and peas. And for dessert of course would be the wedding cake. Shining Armor and Cadance decided that the wedding's theme would be "a day in spring", and the colors would be pink and white.

To say thank you for their help, Cadance and Twilight Velvet allowed Twilight's friends to go dress shopping with them and Twilight.

"Thanks for letting us come, Twilight's mom." Pinkie said in the car.

"(Chuckles), it's no problem, girls." Twilight Velvet replied.

"This is going to be absolutely marvelous." squealed Rarity.

"This is for Cadance's big day Rarity." Rainbow Dash reminded, not yours."

"I know that."

"Cadance, do you know what kind of dress you want?" Fluttershy wondered.

"Not yet, but I'll know it when I see it." Cadance answered.

Soon they came the bridal dress shop. After checking in, they got started dress shopping.

"So many dresses." observed Applejack.

"Well let's get started." Twilight declared.

Twilight, Twilight Velvet, and Cadance tried on some dresses with Twilight's friends were the judges.

"What do you girls think of this dress?" Twilight Velvet asked.

She was wearing a knee length light pink dress with a short sleeved jacket, and it was made of charmeuse.


"You look really pretty, Ms. Twilight Velvet." Fluttershy complimented.

"You look absolutely marvelous." added Rarity.

"Thank you."

"Let's see you, Twilight." said Pinkie.

Twilight then stepped out of a dressing room. She was wearing a light pink strapless dress, with a bow tied in the back, and it was made of chaffon.

"That looks great on you, Twilight." Rainbow Dash told.

"Thanks." Twilight replied, as she turned around.

"Cadance, how are you doin'?" asked Applejack.

"I'm just getting my dress on."

Then a few moments later, Cadance stepped out, and everyone was in awe. Cadance was wearing a beautiful white gown with straps, the bell was long and flowing, and it was covered in gold dust.

"Well?" she asked.

"It looks amazing, Cadance." said Twilight.

"It's perfect." added Twilight Velvet.

"You really think so?" Everyone agreed.

With the dresses picked out the ladies left.

"Well that's one thing checked off the list." said Twilight.

"Oh, Cadance if you and Shining Armor are still looking for a wedding cake, I can recommend a place." Pinkie told.

"Oh really?" Cadance asked.

"Yeah, I know some really good bakers."

"It's true, she does." encouraged Applejack.

"Great."

And so the plans went on. Pinkie took Shining Armor and Cadance to the Sweet Shoppe to speak to the Cakes. Shining Armor and Night Light got their suits, and invitations were sent out. Invitations also went to Twilight's friends and their families.

"This is going to be a great shindig." Applejack told her friends as school.

"It certainly will be. I can't wait to go." agreed Rarity.

"Neither can I." said Pinkie.

"What's all the fuss, girls?" asked a voice.

The girls looked up, and saw Principal Celestia.

"Oh, hi Principal Celestia, we were just talking about my brother's wedding." Twilight explained.

"Ah yes, Cadance's wedding."

"You know about it?" wondered Fluttershy.

"Not only that, Vice Principal Luna and I are invited."

"You are?" Rainbow Dash asked in disbelief.

"I didn't know you guys knew Cadance." Twilight told her.

"Oh yes, we go way back."

It turns out Celestia, Luna, and Cadance all went to college together to study education.

"We'll we look forward to seeing you at the wedding." Pinkie said.

"You girls too." Principal Celestia replied, and she went on.

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months, and soon it was time. Twilight's family woke up bright and early, and went to the church to make sure everything was setting up nicely.

"I can't believe the big day is finally here." said Twilight to Spike, as they rode in the car.

"Neither can I." Spike replied.

"Here we are." said Night Light, as they drove up to the church.

They went inside, and looked around, workers were putting up ribbons, setting down the white rug down the aisle, and putting up flowers.

"The place looks great." Twilight Velvet observed.

"Excuse me, Miss when will the wedding be starting again?" asked a worker.

"It's schedules for 1:00." Twilight Velvet informed.

"Got it."

"I hope Shining Armor's doing okay." hoped Twilight.

"I'm sure he's fine." Night Light told.

Little did he know, Shining Armor was going crazy.

"Where's my razor? I gotta shave before the wedding." he asked frantically.

"Check on the side of the sink." Cadance called.

Shining Armor looked in that spot, and sure enough there it was.

"Oh, thanks Cadance." he called back.

"You need any help in there?"

"No no, I don't want to see the my bride until the wedding. It's bad luck you know."

"(Laughs), okay. I'm going to head over to your parents' house, now."

"Okay, I'll see you at the alter."

And the next thing he knew he heard the door close.

When Cadance arrived at the house, and the make-up artists Twilight Velvet hired got to work. They did her hair, make up, and nails. Meanwhile Twilight was getting into her dress. Once she was dressed up, she looked in the mirror.

She had to admit she looked pretty good. Then she heard scratching at her door.


"That you Spike?" "Yeah, can I come in now?" he asked.

"Sure."

And Twilight opened the door and let him in. "Hey, you look great."

"So do you, now let's get your bow tie on."

Twilight had bought a special black bow tie collar for Spike at the pet store. After putting it on him, Spike looked at himself in the mirror.

"I look pretty good. Don't I?"

"Yes, Spike you're a very handsome puppy."

"Twilight, Cadance is ready." called Twilight Velvet.

Twilight and Spike quickly hurried out of the room. In her parents' bathroom, they saw her. The both gasped. Cadance looked gorgeous. Her hair was done up in a bun, her face shined from the makeup, and her dress looked stunning.

"Cadance you look beautiful." Twilight complimented.

"Yeah." agreed Spike.

"Thank you, you both look great too." Cadance told them.

"Everyone, the limo's here." called Night Light.

"We're riding in a limo?" Spike asked excitedly.

"No Spike, Cadance is riding in the limo. We're taking the car." Twilight explained.

"Aww."

They went downstairs, Cadance got into the limo, while Twilight's family got into their car. Then they were all off.

Back at the church some of the guests were already arriving. Twilight saw some of her friends were already there.

"Girls!" she squealed.

"Hey, Twilight." greeted Pinkie Pie.

"Ready for the big day?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"You bet."

"And you look marvelous." complimented Rarity.

"Thanks, so do you guys."

"Hey, what about me?" Spike piped up.

"You look great too, Spike." Applejack told him.

"Yes, a very handsome puppy." Rarity said, petting his head.

Spike blushed and smiled.

"Come on, girls we have to get inside." Twilight Velvet ushered.

"Come on." Twilight said.

And they all went inside the church.

Everyone found their seats, and Twilight went up front to Shining Armor. He was looking good in his black tuxedo.

"You ready, Shining Armor?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, though I'm a little nervous." Shining Armor replied, wiping some sweat off his forehead with a handkerchief.

"Don't worry, this is going to be great."

Once everyone was there, it was time to start. In the back in a dressing room, Cadance was just making sure she looked right.

"This is going to be the best day ever." she said to herself.

She then went to leave the room, but the doorknob was stuck!

"Uh oh."

The piano player began playing, "Here Comes the Bride", and everyone stood up and waited for Cadance to arrive. But to their surprise, Cadance didn't walk through the doors.

"Um, where's Cadance?" asked Fluttershy.

"I don't know." whispered Rainbow Dash.

"She's still coming isn't she?" Spike whispered to Twilight.

Shining Armor heard that and began to get nervous again.

"What if she's not coming?" he thought.

"Don't think like that, Shining Armor. She loves you."

Everyone began to get concerned.

"Mom, Dad, what should we do?" Twilight asked her parents.

"Well first thing we're going to do is find Cadance." Night Light instructed.

While the two announced to the crowd that this was just a small delay, and the wedding was happening. They tried calling her phone, but couldn't get through to her. Twilight gathered her friends.

"Girls, we need to find Cadance, pronto."

"We're ready to help, darling." Rarity told her.

The girls and Spike stepped out of the room, and looked around. They checked in the restrooms, closets, and outside.

"Any sign of her?" asked Twilight.

"Nope." said Pinkie.

"She's not in the restrooms." informed Rainbow Dash.

"Or outside." added Fluttershy.

"She's gotta be somewhere in here." Spike piped up.

"Hey, I have an idea." Applejack said.

"What is it?" wondered Rarity.

"Twilight, you got anything of Cadance's on ya?"

"Cadance did give me a pack of tissues."

She reached into her purse, and took them out.

"Now Spike give them a sniff and see if you can pick up her scent."

"Well I'm not a Bloodhound puppy, but I can try."

Spike smelled the pack, and then sniffed around.

"Anything, Spike?" asked Fluttershy.

"I think I've got something. This way."

He took off down the hall, and the girls followed.

Back with Cadance she was still trying to get the door open, and tried to call someone.

"Oh, why'd I choose to leave my phone in the limo?" she complained.

On the other side of the door, Spike led the girls to it.

"The scent leads to here." "Cadance, are you in there?" called Twilight.

Hearing Twilight's voice, perked Cadance up.

"Twilight I'm in here."

"Are you all right, what's going on?"

"The doorknob's stuck. Can you open it from the other side?"

Pinkie Pie tried to turn the knob, but it wouldn't turn.

"It's really stuck."

"Don't worry, Cadance we'll get you out of there." Twilight assured.

She got her phone, called her dad, and told him about the situation. Luckily Night Light managed to find some tools, and took the knob off the door.

"(Sighs), thank you." Cadance replied.

"Well now that we found Cadance, we should be getting back." Fluttershy mentioned.

"Yeah, you got a groom waiting for you." added Rainbow Dash.

"That's right." added Applejack.

"Come on, we better get going." Cadance replied.

"Try to not dirty up your dress." Rarity urged.

Everyone went back to their places, and the piano player started playing again. Then the doors opened, and Cadance walked down the aisle holding a bouquet of white roses. Shining Armor smiled brightly as he saw her walking towards him.

When she got to the alter, the music stopped, and she handed her bouquet to Twilight. The pastor said his usual words, the couple said their vows, and Spike handed them the rings on the satin pillow what was on his back.

After putting them on each other, it was time.

"Do you Shining Armor to take Cadance to be your wife?"

"I do." Shining Armor replied.

"And do you Cadance take Shining Armor to be your husband?"

"I do." Cadance told him.

"You are now husband and wife."

And with that the two shared a kiss, and everyone cheered and applauded.

At the hotel everyone was having a good time, talking and eating the meal.

"That wedding was beautiful." said Pinkie.

"You got that right." added Rainbow Dash.

"Hello girls." greeted Vice Principal Luna as she and Principal Celestia came over wearing their formal dresses.

"Hiya, did you two enjoy the wedding too?" Applejack questioned.

"We did, we're very happy for Cadance." Principal Celestia replied.

Soon the cake was cut, and the dancing began. After Shining Armor had their first dance a husband and wife, he grabbed the microphone.

"Hello, I'd like to thank you all for coming. And there's also another person I want to thank personally, my sister Twilight Sparkle."

Everyone looked at Twilight, who was shocked.

"Sis, I wanted to thank you for finding my bride for me. And would you care for a dance?"

Twilight smiled, and went up to her brother. Together they shared a dance, showing that they would always be brother and sister.