• Published 30th Apr 2024
  • 518 Views, 38 Comments

The Legend Of Spyro And Spike - Dragonfan101



Spike gets captured by the Dark Apes during the day Ember and Thorax met, he is taken to a completely different world by them, but manages to escape somehow. He meets a purple dragon named Spyro, and this begins a life changing journey for them both.

  • ...
3
 38
 518

9: Ice Training

Spike and Spyro had once again made they're way back to the temple after rescuing Cyril, while the Tall Plains were a nice place for a place to travel through, something tells Spike that they're gonna be going through somewhere far more dangerous next time, and Spike needs to be prepared for what's to come.

But as they flew back to the temple, Spike could feel his body getting weaker, since he overused more power then he should've when they fought that golem, Spike could feel his blood being altered by the second, like each cell inside him was changing, it hurt badly, even with the new wings he has, with his eye color now being blood red, and about half of his body being turned by now, they needed to hurry this up before Spike's fully corrupted, before something worse happens to him..

Soon they all arrived at the temple once again, again, every time Spike comes here, he feels relief after going through a tough mission, something like this is a lot to handle, and a place where he can rest and try to recover, since half his body has been taken over by this point, a little rest really helps a lot.

Spike and the other's walked up to the temple and took in the moment to rest.
"I must say, the temple has seen better days since we all were captured, but at least the place is still standing, given what horrific things Cynder's forces has done to the places they've taken over." Cyril said a bit relieved to see their home is still standing.
"Yeah.. even if I've only been here a few times by now, it's still really nice to see a place where we can rest for a moment.." Spike said as he took heavy breaths, the blood is still spreading through him, and he feels it's getting even worse.
"I agree on that, at least we can rest for a bit here.." Spyro said agreeing to this as they all went inside once again.

They passed by the dragon statue once again and just admired how ancient it was, it was probably one of the few things that wasn't badly damaged during Cynder's take over, he just hoped this nothing bad happens to this place in the future. Spike and the others soon entered the room where Ignitus and Volteer were waiting for them, it always felt nice to see them, since they were the few friends Spike had in this world that makes him feel at home.

"Hey guys, we're back.. and we rescued Cyril.." Spike announced which got their attention, they turned to the group and saw Cyril has returned safely much to their relief.
"Cyril, it's a relief to see your okay, I hope you didn't go through anything too dire during your time as a prisoner." Ignitus said walking up to him who scoffed a little.
"It takes more then being held captive to break me, in fact I'd argue that the place I was held at was the most.. pleasant out of the rest of our prisons, the Tall Plains didn't have the dreadful look that most of Cynder's fortresses do." Cyril said with a bit of pride which meant that even after having his power drained, he did have some pride in him that helped him push through what he went through.
"Your still prideful like always Cyril, but it's still magnificent to see you none the less, with how long we've been separated I was wondering if they were going to.. " Volteer said rapidly which made Cyril shake his head.
"I've got more pride and endurance then most people out there, and I will not go down easily, just like our two purple dragons did too." Cyril said as he looked at Spike and Spyro, and that was the moment they all realized that Spike's body has changed even more.

"Spike, how much more power did you use? I know it helps you with pushing through Cynder's forces, but you may have used way to much here." Ignitus asked as he saw Spike's new wings, and saw they were a lot like Cynder's.
"I.. didn't think about the consequences.. we were in the heat of a tough battle.. and we needed to use something to take the monsters down, and I had to overuse my power.. again.." Spike said sadly as he saw his reflection, and he indeed had blood red eyes now.
"We made sure we used our powers the best we could Ignitus, there was just a lot we had to go through, it isn't easy trying to rescue multiple guardians in such a short time you know?" Spyro asked trying to defend they're little action, Ignitus sighed and just was more worried for Spike now that he's like this.
"I will need some time to think over this, but I think it's best we get back to our main topic." Ignitus said as he looked over the other guardians.

"Yes, yes of course. Terrador." Cyril said as he knew where this talk was going.
"Precisely, now, how do we proceed with finding him?" Ignitus asked looking over the group.
"I believe I can help, I did hear some interesting things from Cynder regarding Spike's state, I was close enough to hear it, but what I learned was a bit concerning to say the least." Cyril said which got all of their attention.
"And.. what did she say about me?" Spike asked worried about what he heard.
"It's hard to describe what she's meaning, but from what she's said, she is not wanting you to be killed, that blood is for something else, it's almost like she knows your were not the purple dragon of this world, but she also knows your just as important to this world too. When one of her generals asked why they don't just kill you, Cynder got strangely defensive, and threatened him if they ask that question again. But I also heard that you only have at least 2 days left, if we don't find something soon, or if you overuse your powers even more, you will be corrupted by her blood Spike." Cyril warned which made them pretty afraid to hear what's gonna happen.

"2 days?! And I may have even less time thanks to this?!" Spike asked with fear as he looked over his half corrupted state.
"I'm afraid so, she said she has her own plans for you, but there was something I also sensed between the both of you." Cyril said to all of them which made them curious.
"And what would that be Cyril?" Ignitus asked concerned to hear this.
"I am sensing a strange aura from both Cynder, and Spike, even with Spike being corrupted by her blood, I'm sensing a strange similarity to them, it's almost like Cynder knows something about Spike, and that's why she wants to capture him." Cyril announced which was even more worrying.
"What could she know about me? I wasn't born in this world, I'm from Equestria, a place she probably didn't even know about until I was captured.." Spike asked worried about what this means.
"I don't know, but we must be careful when she's near, because if she's after Spike, it's for a reason other then him being mistaken as the purple dragon, but then again.. he could also tie into the prophecies too, given he's able to use different powers like Spyro here." Cyril said recalling how they both used they're powers.

"This is worrying to hear, it just shows that Cynder is more cunning then we know, if she wants to capture Spike, we must do what we can to keep that from happening." Ignitus said as he had a bad feeling about what she knows.
"I agree Ignitus, which is why I'd like to teach Spike and Spyro a few more things about ice, since they learned a couple things about it on Tall Plains, some more moves to use wouldn't hurt at all. Especially since Spike is able to make an ice spear, making weapons of our elements is something really unique, and I'd like to see what else Spike can develop." Cyril said looking at the two, even though this news was really worrying, learning more ice techniques to keep Spike safe would help a lot.
"With all that I'm gaining during my time here, It's best I learn as much as I can, I'm up for more training, again." Spike said as he tried to form some more ice in his hands.
"That sounds good, let's head to the training room." Spyro said agreeing to this as they all began to leave the room while the others were still worried on what Cyril's explained so far.

After that talk with the other guardians, Spike and Spyro made they're way to the dojo once again, Cyril pressed on the switch that began lowering down the dragon statue again so they had more room, Spike just couldn't believe all he's learning, even with him being corrupted, all of these new moves he's learning just is something that would make Ember really jealous of.
"Fire and Lightning are some of the more simple elements for other dragons to use, but now you two are about to learn about Ice and it's secrets, a power worthy of you both, take in what I have to say, and you will learn in no time." Cyril instructed as the two stood in the center of the ring again.
"Got it, let's see what there is to learn!" Spike said ready to go now.
"Let's do it!" Spyro said confidently as they were ready for they're first lesson.

"Okay, first lesson, your ice breath is cold enough to freeze enemy's solid, and when they are, use your skills and attacks to break the ice, and do extra damage to them." Cyril instructed as they had some larger dummy's appear around them.
"Freeze and break, sounds good!" Spike said ready to go, he and Spyro both took deep breaths and breathed streams of ice directly to the dummies, they tried to break free from it, but the more ice they were hit with, the slower they got until they froze solid.
"And break them!" Spyro shouted before he charged at one of them with his horns down, Spike jumped in the air and delivered a strong drop kick to the dummies, this attack was strong enough to break the ice like Cyril instructed, and that indeed did a lot of extra damage which would help a lot in the future. Spyro used a tail swipe on another one of the enemy's and shattered the ice around the dummy, and he finished the rest off by ramming them into eachother for stronger damage.
"That will really be useful for later!" Spike said clutching his claw as he felt his ice flowing through him, it was way more awesome to use Ice for moves like this, and he's ready for the next lesson.

"Good job so far you two, next lesson. Since Spike is able to use the ice to summon his own weapon, I want you to try and get more focus and be able to summon it easier, and Spyro will chase down the dummy's and freeze them." Cyril instructed which was similar to the lightning lesson they learned.
"Let's see if this can help.." Spike said as he focused his ice into his hands, the ice flew around his arms and he began to form the icicles in them, Spike concentrated his powers to make the ice form around both of them until they were large enough to use as a weapon, Spike smiled and grabbed his new ice spear, and twirled it around like a fighter. Spike saw more of the dummy's were charging at him, and Spike did a backflip into the air, Spike twirled his spear around at fast speeds, and shot towards the ground extremely fast, he slammed his spear on the ground which caused a shockwave to come from the ground which froze most of the enemy's around him. And like Spyro was instructed, he was able to freeze all the smaller enemy's around him and freeze them in place, and Spike finished them off by charging into them and taking them down.

"Well done you two, I myself haven't learned to use Ice to form weapons, so to see the young take in my lessons this well makes me very glad to know the young respects our legacy." Cyril said proudly as Spike put his ice spear away for now.
"Hey, we may be young, but we have to respect our elders." Spike joked which made Spyro chuckle a little.
"I am glad to hear that, now, your next lesson is to learn to fire ice shards from your mouth, and ice stream is different, this is concentrated ice that you will shoot directly at your foes, while it takes most months to learn, with you two, I feel like this will be simple like it is for your other lessons." Cyril instructed which made some larger dummy's land down around them.
"Ice Shards huh?" Spike asked as he tried focusing his ice into a shard. Spyro did the same and took a deep breath as the dummy's surrounded them. And with enough time, Spike and Spyro both began firing Ice Shards from they're mouths, the fact Spike and Spyro learn this quickly is pretty surprising to Cyril, but it gives them more time to rescue Terrador before something bad happens to him. And soon enough, Spike and Spyro took down the last of the dummy's again and shattered them completely.

"Well done once again! I hope this shows you how deadly Ice can really be, now onto the final lesson for now, I'm sure you've had similar ones with Ignitus and Volteer too, so to make it simple, harness the ice within you, let it surge and swell around you like, and unleash it in a ferocious blast like you did with your fire and lightning, you used it to take down that rock golem with ease, so this shouldn't be any different." Cyril instructed which made them smile even more.
"Alright, let's unleash the ice!" Spike said seriously as more dummy's came around them both.

Spyro and Spike charged at the dummy's and used they're ice powers to the best of they're ability's, Spike summoned his ice spear again and used it to slash around at the ones surrounding him, Spike dodge rolled from one of they're attacks and went behind it, Spike used his spear to slice that dummy to bits and he shot multiple icicles at the others to shatter them, Spyro used his ice breath to freeze more foes solid, and he used his tail stomp to shatter them once enough was froze, it was enough to take down more and more dummy's as they kept spawning in, Spike used his ice to freeze the foes solid like before and he delivered another slash at them with his spear to shatter them.

Spike and Spyro both felt they're ice surging in them as they felt so much energy surge through them, like the Fire and Lightning before, they needed to unleash they're ice as well. Spike and Spyro both came to the center and were back to back as the larger dummy's surrounded them, and with the right timing, they both charged up they're powers. Like before, Spike and Spyro began to float in the air, Spike's wings spread wide open, and his eyes became a dark blue color as the ice surged through him, they're ice began to freeze the entire ground which in turn, froze the enemy's that were on it completely solid, Spike and Spyro let the ice flow through them and it became strong enough like it was an ice storm, and with two loud cry's, they both sent they're ice out like a huge blast like before, and that completely shattered the dummy's and destroyed them, and made the area around them snow as a result.

Spike and Spyro breathed heavily once again, those moves took a lot out of them, but for Spike specifically, he felt even weaker after using that blast, it showed he is more fragile then Spyro is, and he really needed to be careful with his power.
"Well you two, you have mastered your ice ability's, very few have mastered it, so you two should be proud for knowing something this special, use it wisely you two." Cyril asked while the two came up to Cyril as the statue rose up from the ground again.
"We'll.. take that in mind.." Spike said as he took heavy breaths again.
"Spike, are you okay buddy?" Sparx asked worried again as he took longer to recover then Spyro did.
"I'm fine, just need a minute.." Spike said tiredly as he knew what was wrong with him, they all did by now.

After that short training, Spike and Spyro headed back into the main room with Cyril again, and they hoped Ignitus knows where Terrador is by now.
"Ignitus, did you find out anything about what Cynder wants with the crystals?" Spyro asked as they all sat around the circle again while Spike was looking really tired.
"I'm afraid I have, but it's something I wish I did not know, with what Cynder's trying to do, it brings me the most fear I've felt in a long time." Ignitus explained while looking worried.
"What did you find out Ignitus?" Spike asked holding his body as it felt really strange right now.
"I have found out something terrible, Cynder is planning to use the crystals she's gathered, to open a portal, she needs our powers to do it, this is a portal that must never be opened." Ignitus said with fear which was concerning.
"Why? What's behind the portal?" Spyro asked worried on what it is.

"That doesn't concern you two right now, but what does concern you is that you have to get to Munitions Forge, you must free Terrador before Cynder can use his powers to make the next crystal." Ignitus explained which gave them they're next location.
"You two must hurry, that place is an active volcano, and you need to get there before it blows.." Volteer said making an explosion sound for dramatic affect.
"That's enough Volteer, we have plenty of time.. plenty of time.." Ignitus said as he looked really worried for what's coming.
"Plenty of time? For what, more terrible things to happen to us?" Sparx asked crossing his arms again.
"If Terrador's in danger, we need to save him.. come on Spyro.." Spike said as he was about to get up, but then Ignitus came in to stop him.

"Spike, while I do want to let you go, with your state, I'm afraid you need to stay here for this." Ignitus announced which surprised him with what he just heard.
"What? Ignitus, Spyro can't just go alone, even with Sparx, that place is the last one we need to go. I'm sure I can push through one more area.." Spike argued trying to move past him.
"Spike, please. While you do have powers like Spyro does, you are losing yourself more and more, and your body is looking weaker. Cynder is still looking for you, and I do not want her to capture you if your too weak." Ignitus countered which just worried them all.
"I'm afraid Ignitus is right Spike, you may be like Spyro in ways because of your powers, but Cynder's blood is making you weaker, and if you overuse your powers.. you could.. well..." Volteer said as he tried to put this the best he can.
"You need to think about what's happening here Spike, even with your skills, overusing them will corrupt you faster, and if you really do have less then 2 days before your turned.. you could never be the same again." Cyril added as they all were worried for him.

"I know what's happening with me is really bad, but even if I'm at risk, I have to do this, my friends back home always had to push through so many tough obstacles during they're journeys, some even made sacrifices of they're own, and if I'm gonna become a dark dragon like Cynder, it doesn't matter to me. I have to save Terrador, I can't just sit around, and let the people who kidnapped me from my home, and tortured you all keep causing terror to others, I need to do this, please." Spike begged as he could practically feel his blood being altered as he speaks, even with what he's turning into, he just wants to make sure the people who've caused his pain, and the other dragons here so much suffering, are brought to justice for good.

Ignitus was really worried to see Spike like this, even if it would be the safest option for him to save here, it still wouldn't change the fact he's being corrupted, and if they stop Cynder as soon as they can.. maybe they'll find something to stop his corruption in the process. After some heavy thinking, Ignitus sighed and looked at him.
"Very well, but you will not leave the temple again after you save Terrador, until we find a cure for your corruption, you need to be extremely careful when rescuing him, you need to use your powers sparingly, and do not overuse them again, please." Ignitus begged as he moved out of Spike's way for now, even if he's halfway turned, he has to push through the pain to stop this evil.
"I promise I'll come back safely Ignitus.. you ready go to Spyro?" Spike asked walking up to him who was unsure about this too.
"I'm ready as I'll ever be, just stay close to me for this alright? We're heading somewhere very dangerous." Spyro warned as they started to leave the room.
"Don't worry Spyro, we'll make it through this.. I know it.." Spike said hopefully as they left the temple once again to save Terrador.

Ignitus and the other guardians were really worried about this, and wondered if Spike leaving with him was the best choice.
"Ignitus, are you sure you should've let them go again? I'm sure Spyro could've handled himself, but with Spike's state.. are you sure he should be going somewhere so dangerous?" Volteer asked worried while he looked through the vision pool trying to find something.
"I am honestly unsure of that myself, there has to be a way to stop this corruption, we must keep an eye on him, he is at a bigger risk then all of us are, if Cynder does know something about him that we don't, we need to find out what it is." Ignitus said with a serious look while they nodded in response.
"I don't know about you two, but I have a bad feeling we're gonna find out something we didn't expect, and Cynder may be the only one who knows.." Cyril said with worry as they looked through the vision pool, while hoping Spike and Spyro can make it through this place before it explodes..

Author's Note:

Hey guys thanks for reading this! I know the training part of this chapter is very short and Spike and Spyro learning how to use them almost immediately is a bit hard to believe, but with Spike's experience and teachings from Equestria, I'm sure he'd learn pretty fast, even if they are other powers. I have some reveals that will be shown in the next few chapters, so I hope your ready for that, hope you all liked this and look forward to more!