• Published 30th Apr 2024
  • 519 Views, 38 Comments

The Legend Of Spyro And Spike - Dragonfan101



Spike gets captured by the Dark Apes during the day Ember and Thorax met, he is taken to a completely different world by them, but manages to escape somehow. He meets a purple dragon named Spyro, and this begins a life changing journey for them both.

  • ...
3
 38
 519

10: Munitions Forge

After Spike and Spyro had more Ice training done thanks to Cyril, and were told where to go next, Spike and Spyro finally started making they're way to this Munitions Forge, even though Ignitus wanted Spike to stay back, since Spike is feeling weaker by the minute because of his near corruption, he has to keep moving in order to save Terrador, even if it costs something to do it.

Spike and Spyro flew quite a good ways away from the temple, they headed to where they were told to go, and where they headed next, was something Spike never thought he'd see. Munitions Forge is a island with an active volcano in the center, and it's on the verge of erupting, there were dozens of iron workers and deadly weapons being forged, it was worse then the Dragon Lands, and that's saying something, Spike and Spyro were completely shocked with the sight they were seeing, and had arrived on the beach of the place.

"Wow.. this is really where we need to go guys?" Sparx asked a bit nervous about the deadly place they're at by now. Spike was feeling even weaker as they made they're way here, and knew he had little time left.
"Looks like it, Terrador must be somewhere here.. we need to find him before it's too late.." Spike said weakly as he held his arm, his blood was hurting way more now that there's about a day left, and it made Spike afraid of what's gonna happen to him if it fully takes over..
"Spike, you don't have to be here for this, you should go back to the Temple, Ignitus and the others will keep you safe." Spyro asked as he didn't want Spike to be here for this.
"No.. we've gone to far now.. we need to go through the place, and get out of here as soon as we can.. I can push through one more area." Spike said taking heavy breaths as a lot more of his body had become way darker and sharper from the corruption, Spyro sighed and knew he couldn't be convinced right now, and knew he just wanted to help.
"Alright, we'll be careful, don't overuse your powers again Spike, if we get into trouble, leave most of the foes to me, alright?" Spyro asked hoping that was fine with him.
"Sounds good, let's find Terrador or any Manweersmalls that are held here, let's hope we have enough time.." Spike said hopefully as he recalled what Ignitus told them about the inhabitants, and that they're called.. Manweersmalls, and that, they all started making they're way through the mines of the active volcano.

Spike and Spyro had started things off with a bit more intense stuff then usual, since they are in an active volcano, the place constantly shakes roughly, and the only way through the place was through an open mine that could shield them from the falling rocks that were coming from the volcano, it was without a doubt one of the most dangerous places Spike's been too yet, and that's saying something.

Spike and Spyro made they're way through the mine tunnels that led into the place, they had to deal with some pesky fire beetles that were living in the tunnels which made things more irritating, Spike didn't mind most bugs as of recently, but these are just pests. Spike used his ice breath to freeze them solid and they seemed a lot weaker to ice, probably because of the environment they live in. Soon enough, Spike and Spyro came out into another open area that led further in, but they saw one of the larger generals use a magic staff to block the way forward.
"We gotta take that guy down if we need to move forward." Spike said a bit irrigated as they keep getting blocked by enemy's like this.
"Don't worry, it'll be over soon, come on!" Spyro shouted before he charged directly at the enemy's again. Spike sighed and summoned his ice spear again and engaged too.

Spike flipped over multiple apes with his new skills, he used his ice spear and slammed it in the ground, this caused multiple spikes of ice to pierce out of the ground and hit directly at the apes in front of him, Spyro charged for the largest ape that blocked they're path, the general tried shooting magic blasts at Spyro, but he quickly jumped over them and used his lightning breath, Spyro used his lightning to drag the general off the platform and have it fall a good distance, the apes weren't good at taking fall damage at all, and that was enough to take it down, and the way forward opened up finally.
"You know, while I was into beating these guys up at first, after going through 3 areas like this, these guys are more annoying then challenging.." Spike said as he put away his spear again and breathed heavily, the more he used his powers, he just felt weaker, and he had to be careful like everyone's told him too.
"Tell me about it, and not to mention that they're getting a lot tougher too, they were easier at first, but now they take quite a few hits to go down. It just gives us another reason to be careful here." Spyro said as they could see dozens of lava pits around the place.
"Let's just keep moving, we need to hurry.." Spike said seriously before they started moving towards the door that led deeper into the place.

It wasn't that long until after Spike and Spyro burst that weak door down, they found one of the prisoners from the looks of it, it looked like a Manweersmall, which did look like a mole creature of sorts. Getting the same idea, they both went over to him to see if he's okay, but he seemed to be startled by they're presence.
"What is that?! Who's there?!" The mole asked as he looked like he was blind, but tried sniffing the air to feel where they are.
"Don't be afraid sir, we're not gonna hurt you, we're here to help." Spike assured as he didn't want to start a fight.
"He's right, I'm Spyro, and that was Spike, are you doing alright?" Spyro asked concerned for him.
"You don't carry the stench of Cynder's soldiers, so you must be friends. But I am smelling a strange stench that's similar to Cynder's from one of you." The mole said looking at Spike specifically who sighed hearing that.
"It's a bad situation I'm in, but we don't have time to explain, what's going on here?" Spike asked wanting to move this along since they're in a volcano right now.
"He's right, but who are you?" Spyro asked as they didn't get his name yet.

"I am Mole-Yair, leader of the Manweersmalls. But I'm not much of a leader now, my people have been forced to slave away in the mines, and more of them are held up deeper in the volcano, and they're really scarred because of it, and they are waiting for Boyzitbig to blow." Mole-Yair said as the ground shook violently around them which meant things were looking worse by now.
"Whoa!" Spike shouted as he tried staying on his feet because of the shaking ground.
"And that shouldn't be long, if you two could help free them, perhaps I could do something for you?" Mole-Yair asked hoping they needed something too.
"I don't know, but we're here to rescue a friend of ours." Spyro suggested hoping he knew about Terrador.
"Is he a mighty dragon?" Mole-Yair asked which meant he did thankfully.
"Yeah, that's him, do you know where he is?" Spike asked hoping he did.
"I do, he's being kept in the mines near a labor camp not to far from here, it's where my brother Exhumor is toiling away." Mole-Yair answered which gave them something.
"Great! Come on Spyro, let's free these guys, quickly!" Spike declared before he quickly made his way to free the other Manweersmalls that were being held nearby, but before Spyro could go after him, Mole-Yair asked Spyro something

"Why is it that I'm smelling something similar to Cynder from your friend? I may be blind, but his stench is strangely similar to Cynder's." Mole-Yair asked concerned for him while Spike freed one of the little guys and kept moving to save the rest.
"That's because he's being corrupted by Cynder's blood, if we don't hurry soon he'll become a dark dragon like her, it's why we need to hurry as fast as we can." Spyro explained which made him more worried hearing that.
"I would not want that fate to be on my worst enemy's! You best make your way to the labor camp quickly, I'm sure there will be something to save this guy." Mole-Yair advised as Spike took down more of the apes in the background and freed a few more as they kept talking.
"We're hurrying as fast as we can, we can't stay here for much longer, how much longer will it be until Boyzitbig explodes?" Sparx asked really worried on how long they have.
"An hour at the most, at the least, it's half an hour. We need to be fast if we're going to save the others." Mole-Yair answered which just worried them even more.
"We will, thanks for this Mole-Yair." Spyro said gratefully as Spike finally came back to give the report.

"I've freed all the nearby Manweersmalls around here, there wasn't that many, but they're free now." Spike reported which did relieve them a lot.
"Oh thank you thank you! This means a lot to us!" Mole-Yair said thankfully while Spike took heavy breaths.
"It was a pleasure, so where is Terrador being kept?" Spike asked as they saw the way forward just up ahead now.
"He's being kept in the center of the volcano, just past the labor camp where my brother is, find him, tell him we're friends, and he'll tell you how to move forward." Mole-Yair advised which made them glad to hear it.
"Got it, thanks for this Mole-Yair. Come on Spyro, let's go." Spike said as they started moving through the tunnels that led to this labor camp that Exhumor was said to be.

After helping him out, Spike and Spyro hurried to the labor camp as fast as they could, Spike could see a ton of spirit gems being mined around the place, and they made sure to break down as many as they could, since it did help make them a lot stronger, it only gave Spike some slight relief as he felt his corruption calm down a bit, but he could still feel it spreading, like a virus that won't go away, he just hoped there was something to stop it.

Spike and Spyro had way more enemy encounters to deal with now, this place was like a base of operations, kinda hard to believe since it's in a volcano about to explode, but it just meant more bad guys to take down, Spike made sure to keep a count of how many enemy's they've defeated during they're missions, and from what he can count, he'd say they've taken down over 500 at this point, and if Cynder does have an entire army that has even more apes and monsters, it made Spike worry what would happen if they invade Equestria again.

Soon enough though, Spike and Spyro made they're way into another mine area, they fought through a lot of enemy's and monsters on the way here, and they took down a lot of the metal machines mining through the place too, just to help make things harder for the enemy's.
"Man, to think the last place we were at was a safe and calm area like Tall Plains, and now we're in an active Volcano, about to blow up, quite the jump in difficulty huh?" Spike asked as they could see the gems light up the cave in a green light that looked pretty beautiful.
"Yeah, and to think we just started this a couple days back, can't believe how far we've come in such a short time.." Spyro said as he reflected on the time together since they met.
"All of this from a simple hide and seek game gone wrong, to going through a almost life changing journey.. hard to believe we've been through so much, but even with what's happening to me.. I'm just glad that I had friends here to help.. it really helped me feel better about being in a different world.." Spike said with a soft smile, even if he was taken to another world, he did make some good friends because of it.
"I'm glad I met someone like you too, I didn't think I would go on an adventure like this, but I'm just glad I have you and Sparx here too, you've been a great friend and partner Spike." Spyro said smiling at him as they walked through the place together.
"You too Spyro, let's try and make it through this, I know we can." Spike said hopefully as they now came upon what looked like an old bell of sorts.

Spike and Spyro looked at the thing with interest while Sparx was interested in it too.
"Why would they make an old bell like this, especially around a volcano like this?" Spike asked confused on why this is here.
"I bet you two can't ring that bell." Sparx teased which made them look confused.
"Why would we want to during the time we have now?" Spyro asked a bit annoyed with this.
"Oh your scared, I think Spike's brave enough to go for it, but you? Scared of a big old bell? I thought you were a special dragon?" Sparx mocked which made them shake they're heads.
"If something goes bad from this, I'm sure Ignitus will want to fry you if they hear about this." Spike said as they walked up to the rope and struck it which made the bell make a loud ring. But like they expected, the thing began to shake around and was too unstable, and it fell directly onto both Spike and Spyro which made Sparx extremely scared.

"Spyro! Spike! Are you okay?! Can you hear me?!" Sparx shouted as he tried getting a response from them inside the bell.
"Look I'm sorry for all those jocks I made about you Spyro, and Spike's a great friend, please be alright guys! I'm' sorry for what happened.." Sparx said as he soon looked regretful for this, but the bell suddenly began to shake and that made him back up a little.
"What?" Sparx asked shocked as the bell shook violently, and that was until a green Earth blast erupted from the bell and broke it down, Spike had his fist forward and Spyro looked like he took a deep breath, which means they learned yet another new Elemental power!
"What was that you were saying Sparx?" Spyro asked as he didn't hear from inside the place.
"Uh.. nothing.. I was.. talking aloud.. I'm just glad your alright guys.." Sparx said really glad that they're okay.
"Well thanks for that.. and now we have another new power, Earth." Spike said really surprised that they had 4 powers now, and just at that moment, they saw more apes coming down from the exit ahead of them, they must've heard the bell sound not to far from here.
"Well let's test it out!" Spyro shouted before they charged at the apes again to test out they're new powers.

The new power they got was pretty interesting, Spike could feel his punches be slower from it's power, but it delivered way more damage then the others, which gave him some risk vs reward elements to it. Spike slammed his fist on the ground and made the rocks form around him, one of the largest apes charged at Spyro and he used his new Earth breath to blast the ape away easily, Spike concentrated his new power into the rocks around him, and with focus and concentration, Spike was able to form another weapon from the element, this time, it was a large ball attached to a chain. Spike twirled his new weapon around and struck it directly at the enemy's heads, it was heavier then his other weapons, but it made up for the extra damage it caused. Spike twirled the chain around all over him and spun it around the area, this rapidly hit each enemy and took them down from a few hits, Spike soon stopped twirling his chain around and soon slammed the ball on the floor which shook the ground, and Spyro finished the rest of the enemy's off by blasting them to the wall that defeated all of them.

Spike took heavy breaths as he put away his new weapon again, even if he just got his Earth power, using it really took a lot out of him, and he felt even weaker now because of that.
"At least.. they're all gone now.." Spike said taking heavy breaths as Spyro was worried once again.
"Spike, you sure your alright? You look really weak.." Spyro asked as most of Spike's body was sharper now, and just showed he was being corrupted faster.
"I'm.. okay, I think the labor camp is just ahead.. come on.. we need to go now.." Spike said weakly as he started moving to the exit, Spyro and Sparx were both very worried for him, but they had little time, and headed after him to help the other prisoners out.

After that talk and gaining another new power, Spike and Spyro hurried as fast as they could through the place, the ground was shaking a lot more because of the unstable volcano, and it gave them less time as a result, while Spike's new Earth power is cool, something tells him he'll have little time to use it because of his state, but they made sure to toast any enemy's they came across, but soon enough, they came upon another area, and just up ahead, they could see a commander in a train about to head through the mines.
"Come on you worthless wastes of flesh lets go! We got to hop on Steam and get back to that flea-bitten dragon! The crystals almost ready, and the volcano is right on the brink. Let's go now!" He ordered as his men got on the mine cart and they began heading through the mines.
"He must be heading to where Terrador is! It also means he's near the labor camp too, come on, we gotta go after him!" Spike said as they quickly made they're way to one of the spare carts that was right behind it, it was big enough for them both to fit in, so they could go after it together, Spyro decided to drive it, and they both hopped onto it and got ready to go.
"You both don't know how to drive this thing guys!" Sparx pointed out while Spyro tried turning it on.
"It doesn't seem that hard. It's on rails, I think we'll be fine." Spyro said as he started the thing up finally, Spike held on to his back tightly and they began to move.
"Oi.. famous last words.." Sparx said really worried about how this is gonna go, and soon enough, they headed through the mines to catch up with them.

Spike and Spyro had a tough time when moving through the mines, even when they were on rails, they were often at risk of falling off into the pits below them, they did often have to fend off against the conductor and his men, but they were able to push through it at the end of the day, Spike could feel Cynder's blood spreading even more, and he could even feel her presence here.. she may be waiting for them at the center..

But after a long and grueling rail ride through the mines, Spike and Spyro burst out of the mines and landed roughly on the ground, and the cart they were riding on flew into the lava and melted up completely.
"Ugh.. let's never do that again.." Spike said as he held his head, it was hurting a lot from all that grinding, and he hoped they don't have to again.
"Oh don't worry, we won't, I see the labor camp just up ahead, let's go." Spyro said as they could see the way out just above them, Spike used his wings to quickly fly them up there, and they could see the way through another mine rail just ahead of them.
"Let's home Exhumor is there.. come on Spyro.." Spike said weakly as they kept moving through the volcano while the ground was shaking even more.

But it wasn't long until after Spike and Spyro went through the place, they finally came upon what looked like Exhumor, he did look like Mole-Yair in many ways, but they did hope he was friendly. But as soon as they walked up to him, he quickly turned to them and raised his fist and looked ready to attack.
"Whoa hold up! We're on your side!" Spyro said with fear while they backed up a bit.
"We're not enemy's, we're friends with Mole-Yair!" Spike assured which made him surprised hearing that.
"My brother is alive?" Exhumor asked shocked to hear this as he lowered his guard finally.
"He sure is pal, all safe and sound, but I gotta say, he's the friendly one of the family." Sparx said seeing his aggressive reaction.

"Oh I'm sorry, I'm sorry, in these dark times, we can't take any chances. I'm just glad to hear my brother is alive! But why did he send you here?" Exhumor asked confused with they're presence.
"He said you may know where our friend Terrador is." Spyro said recalling what they were told from Mole-Yair.
"If he's the big dragon I certainly can. My people are being held here in this labor camp, they are being forced to live above ground and mine for Cynder's army. But there are rumors that your friend is being kept somewhere inside the place. In the darkest pits of the volcano.. all of us are doomed.." Exhumor said as they looked over the labor camp, they could see a lot of Manweersmalls being held in cages, and they all looked really scared and helpless, seeing this made Spike very angry, he wasn't wanting anyone to be kept a prisoner here.
"Not if we have anything to say about it, come on guys." Spyro said as he was ready to fight again.
"Let's free these guys." Spike said as he charged up his lightning again and got ready to fight and they both charged into the camp to free the prisoners.

Spike and Spyro charged at all the apes as fast as they could, this sent out they're alarms which made all of them prepare to fight. Some of them fired arrows at Spike and Spyro which they had to flip over, Spike used his lightning to shoot multiple blasts at the platforms the apes were on, this made the metal platform collapse and it fell onto more apes that were just under it. Spike and Spyro both did they're parts when saving these prisoners. Spike used his fire sword to slash down multiple cages that freed the prisoners, they all were really grateful for being freed and went underground to be safe.

Spike could sense another enemy coming from behind him and quickly ducked under another attack, Spike then summoned his Earth weapon and flipped over the huge ape, Spike threw his chain and ball at the apes staff which shattered the crystal inside, Spike then landed on the ground and used his chain to sweep the apes legs, he then quickly changed to his lightning fists and delivered repeated strikes at the apes face.
"Stop getting in fights you can't win!!" Spike screamed before he grabbed the apes leg and threw the ape far away and out of the labor camp. Spyro used his ice shards o freeze multiple enemy's solid and shatter them completely, he then used his Earth power to blast multiple apes into the lava pits, he used his powers to free the other Manweersmalls that were being held still, Spike saw one of the large platforms that had some of the apes on top of it, they were throwing down more TNT sticks and Spike had to take them down, he used his Earth breath to shoot a powerful blast near one of the legs, this was strong enough to weaken it, and it began tumbling down right into some explosive crates, Spike and Spyro both took cover as the platform landed on the crates, and that made a huge explosion which defeated every last one of the apes there, and broke the rest of the cages that freed the rest of the prisoners.

Spike and Spyro came out of they're cover and saw that the place was ape free now, and the prisoners were free.
"Whew, at least that's over.." Spike said a bit relieved that they're all free now.
"That was a pretty smart move to take down the platform, really made things easier for us dude." Sparx said as he saw Spike's cool move.
"Thanks, one thing always leads to another, and this proves it.." Spike said proudly as they could see Exhumor coming up to them, and Mole-Yair was with him too, so they must've seen the whole thing.
"Well we see you two crazy kids found eachother." Sparx said as he was glad they're back together now.
"Yes we are, thanks to you three." Mole-Yair said glad to be with his brother again too.
"We're just disappointed you didn't leave any for us." Exhumor said as they looked over all the defeated apes around them.
"Maybe next time guys, so now, which way to Terrador?" Spyro asked looking for the exit.

"He's just beyond that door, but be careful you two, that Conductor and his machines will surely be close by. " Exhumor warned as he pointed to a large door that was just ahead of them.
"When you say be careful, does that mean try not to die? Well we're trying not to die anyway." Sparx joked as they've been told that enough at this point.
"We'll be careful, thanks for the help guys, really.." Spike said gratefully while he took heavy breaths again, he could feel his tail being stretched out even more, and he could feel it becoming far sharper now..
"Thank you as well, come on Exhumor, we must get the Manweersmalls back underground, where they belong." Mole-Yair advised just as the ground shook even more now.
"Yes, it won't be long now, be careful both of you, please." Exhumor said with worry before they both dug into the ground with the rest of they're people.
"Well, we know where Terrador is, you ready for this Spyro?" Spike asked as they turned to the large door ahead of them.
"Ready as I'll ever be, let's go!" Spyro said with a serious look before they started moving to the last area they needed to go.

Spike could feel his blood being altered even more as they kept moving, it hurt extremely bad, it feels even worse then what it was like before, Spike groaned in pain and felt his claws becoming far sharper and deadlier then before, and Spyro and Sparx looked really scared for him.
"Spike, come on, we're almost done here, we just have a few more steps, and one more fight, you can do it buddy, come on." Spyro said as he tried helping him move, Spike breathed heavily and his body was feeling weaker by the minute.
"Maybe you were right Spyro.. I should've stayed with Ignitus and the others.. I can.. barely think.." Spike said holding his head, he could feel his spine stretching out, and becoming like sharp spikes because of it.
""Come on Spike, you can push through this! We'll find the cure soon! Come on Spike, keep going, come on!" Sparx encouraged as well, Spike could see that they were almost as the center, and could feel a strange presence as they got closer.
"Okay guys.. let's just.. be careful.." Spike said weakly as he used what strength he had left to keep moving on his own, they were only a few steps away from saving Terrador, and the volcano was getting worse and worse the longer they waited..

Soon enough, after moving up another spiral that led to the top of the place, and to the center of the volcano, Spike and Spyro soon emerged within the center, and could see the place was shaking violently, and they felt that there was a short amount of time left. But at the very center, they saw a large dragon inside a container, and his power was being drained into a crystal just below it.
"You think that's Terrador?" Spyro asked as they hopped onto the ground.
"A giant dragon being held in the center of a volcano? I'm guessing that's Terrador." Sparx replied as it was pretty obvious by now.
"Come on guys, we're so close.." Spike said as they tried to make they're way to him.
But just before they could reach him, one of the doors surrounding the area opened up, and they saw the conductor from earlier moving through the rails and he surrounded the two.
"Ugh, here we go again." Sparx said annoyed as the conductor glared at the both of them.
"Your both too late guys, the crystals already charged, and the volcano is ready to blow, but before it does, me and Steam are gonna take a great pleasure in running you both down!" He mocked before the train began to move around the rails at fast speeds, they all were in a circle that led in 4 directions, so it gave them room to attack it.
"Come on guys, we're almost done, let's go!" Spyro said seriously before he charged at the conductor, Spike took heavy breaths and summoned his fire sword again.
"I'm not going down without a fight.." Spike said with anger before he engaged in the fight too.

The train moved around the rails around them at fast speeds, the conductor threw multiple sticks of TNT at them and they had to dodge the explosion's coming from them, Spike quickly kicked one of the sticks right at the cart to weaken it, and they used all the openings they got to take it down. Spyro jumped in the air and shot more ice shards at the top of the train to damage it, and this did slow it down a bit as it kept moving around, Spyro used his Earth power to shoot blasts at the walls it was heading too, and that sent multiple large rocks to fall down onto the train that did heavy damage to it, they could even see some smoke starting to come out of it
"That's doing some damage! Let's keep it up!" Spyro shouted before he started to shoot multiple lightning blasts at the the back of it.

Spike took heavy breaths and summoned his ice spear again, he raised in the air and took a close aim for one of the wheels, he made a battle cry and threw it with the strength he had right at it, the spear flew directly into one of the trains wheels and pierced through it, that made the train screech to a halt and the conductor almost went flying off, but he did the best to keep his grip on it.
"You little pest! Just go down already!" He shouted before the train activated again, and began to drive to Spike with fast speeds, Spike quickly rolled out of the way and to Spyro to avoid it, and they changed to they're fire powers to do more damage, Spike jumped in the air and repeatedly stabbed the train in the engine with his fire sword, Spyro meanwhile used his fireballs to damage the side of it, they could see the train was falling apart with each attack they made, and they could see the conductor was furious.
"Get off my train!" He shouted before Spike jumped away from another TNT stick which exploded in the air.
"Come on Spike, we're so close!" Spyro shouted with anger, Spyro changed back to his Earth powers again, and began shooting multiple blasts at it's wheels to make it spin out of control.

But as they kept fighting the the train and conductor, something inside Spike snapped. Spike could feel all the anger and hatred he's felt for these apes build up inside him, he reflected on the pain they caused him, why he's the way he is now. The reason he's turning into a dark dragon.. the reason he's suffered so much because of Cynder's blood.. and not to mention the torture they've done to the other guardians.. the enslavement of innocent people.. and the destruction of so many homes..

After reflecting on so much of what these monster's have done, Spike felt his anger build up to a point where he needed to unleash it, Spike's teeth bared and showed that they were even sharper too, Spike's blood boiled in him and he felt both his claws sharpen even more, his tail stretched out even more and became a lot longer, and his tip became like a blade, Spyro noticed Spike's changing, but he also saw Spike's scary look.
"Spike.. are you okay?" Spyro asked worried for him, Spike didn't respond, and he instead went directly onto one of the rails the conductor was on.
"It's your death wish punk!" He shouted before the train charged at Spike with fast speeds.
"Spike what are you doing?! Get out of the way!" Sparx shouted while Spike stood still, Spike's eyes narrowed and he felt something build up in side him. Spike took a really deep breath and waited for the right moment, Spike's anger flared up and at the moment where he was about to be hit.. Spike made an extremely loud.. ferocious roar that sounded exactly like Cynder's, but this also sent a strange shadow like fire directly at the train, the conductor screamed as the flame flew directly into both him and Steam, and that fire was so powerful, it completely destroyed them both in an instant.

Spyro and Sparx were shocked beyond belief to see what just happened, Spike soon felt his rage leave him after using that move.. and he felt even weaker as a result.. Spike took heavy breaths and fell on his knees, he looked at his shaking body with fear, and realized what he just did.
"What.. what was that?" Spike asked with fear as Spyro and Sparx went up to him.
"Spike what happened man? Are you alright?" Sparx asked as they saw him trying to walk again.
"I.. I don't know.. I really don't! I just got.. really angry.. and so mad.. at what these monster's have done to us.. and then.. I just did.. that!" Spike said as he pointed at the remains of the train that was destroyed at this point.
"Spike, that roar. It sounded like Cynder's. Did you overuse your power again?" Spyro asked really scared for him.
"I didn't mean to! I promise! That blood is changing so much of me.. and.. I just felt so much rage... I don't know how to describe it.." Spike said with tears after reflecting on what just happened, they both felt really bad for what's happening to him and knew this was really bad right now.
"I promise we'll figure this out, count on that. Come on, the place is about to blow." Spyro said as they turned to Terrador who was freed from the cage now, and was trying to get up, Spike walked alongside him and felt really afraid of what's happened, and couldn't bear the thought of it being any worse..

Terrador groaned and was finally getting up after being held in there for so long, and he soon saw the two dragons below them, he did see there was some purple on Spike, but only barely by now.
"The purple dragon lives. And there are.. two of them?" Terrador asked looking at Spike with worry while he breathed weakly.
"Hey they have a name you know." Sparx said as the ground was shaking violently.
"Yeah, my name's Spyro, this is Spike, and you must be Terrador." Spyro introduced looking up at him.
"Yes I am, but I must say I never thought I'd live to meet you two, thanks for the save you two." Terrador said gratefully while Sparx crossed his arms.
"Yeah look I'd love to stay and chat and everything, but how about we leave before the volcano blows up?" Sparx asked really wanting to go by now.
"Yes, your right. I've got to tell the other's what Cynder is up too. Can you walk little one?" Terrador asked looking at Spike.
"I.. think I have enough strength for one more flight.." Spike said as he tried to get ready to fly.

But before all of them could leave, the ground shook even more and they felt something was off, Spike's senses went off like crazy and he felt something really bad. And just at that moment.. something emerged from the lava in front of them and into the sky's.. and they saw a huge black dragon show itself in the sky's, Spike's blood went cold as they all knew who that was in an instant.. Cynder. Cynder looked down at them all and roared at them all, and she specifically looked at Spike, and saw he was almost turned by now.
"Run!" Terrador shouted while pushing them out of the way, Cynder roared at Terrador and lunged directly at him, Terrador spread his wings and flew into the air at fast speeds and tried to hold her off.
"Look, when he says run I think he knows something!" Sparx shouted as he wanted to leave now, Spike's body was shaking with fear as they watched Terrador try to fight her off, but Cynder was just as strong as she's said to be, and took him down with ease and slammed him to the ground.
"Terrador!" Spike shouted with fear as the place was shaking violently.
"Go you two! Fly like you've never flown before! Don't let her catch you! I'll go back to the temple for help!" Terrador shouted as Cynder grabbed the crystal with one claw, and soon glared at the two dragons next.
"Guys, we need to get out of here, go!!" Spike screamed before he spread his wings and quickly took off, Spyro did the same too and they tried flying as fast as they could as Cynder chased after them both.

Spike and Spyro flew as fast as they could through the volcano, it was finally exploding from all the build up it's had over the years, and lava and rocks were flying all around the area, Spike screamed as he barely avoided some of the rocks from hitting him, and they tried flying through the tunnels while Cynder roared from behind, she took a deep breath and began to shoot a dark blast at them.
"Look out!" Spyro shouted before they quickly flew out of the way from the blast, the blast then hit one of the pillars directly above them, and it began falling down towards the two.
"Out of the way!" Spike screamed as the pillar almost hit them and fell far down into the lava below them. Cynder roared even more and began to speed up which made them try and fly as fast as they could.

Spike and Spyro flew through the volcano with all their might, they could see there were more bases and camps within the background, and could see them firing more cannons directly at them, Spike and Spyro flew around in circles and tried avoiding each one the best they could, and were now flying directly upwards as Cynder was gaining on them. But as they kept flying, Spike felt his corruption taking affect, and his body was feeling even weaker and weaker with each passing second.
"No.. come on.. I have to.. keep.. moving.." Spike told himself as he was starting to slow down.
"Spike come on, not now dude!" Sparx shouted with fear while Spike looked like he was about to pass out.
"Come on Spike, we're almost out of here! Please keep moving!" Spyro shouted trying to keep him up, but Spike felt too weak to keep flying, and his wings began to slow down.
"I'm sorry.. I can't.. keep going.. save yourself Spyro.. I'm.. sorry.." Spike said weakly before he finally passed out from exhaustion, and they both watched with fear as he began to fall.

"Spike! No!" Spyro shouted with terror, Spike turned tail and tried flying down to catch him, but Cynder had seen Spike falling too and took the moment.
"No no no! Come on Spyro! You can catch him!" Spyro told himself as he dove directly to him as fast as he could.
"Come on Spyro, your almost there!" Sparx encouraged as he was just within reach, but they're hoped dwindled as they heard Cynder's roar once again, they both quickly turned to their right and saw Cynder swooping down at them, Cynder roared at them both and knocked Spyro away with her tail, Spyro quickly recovered and watched with horror as Cynder dove to Spike, and with one swift move, Cynder was able to catch Spike in her spare claw, and kept him firmly in her grasp.
"No!!" Spyro shouted with terror as Spike was held by her, Cynder laughed evilly and glared at Spike.
"After all this time.. I've finally got you.. now.. to finish the last pest.." Cynder said while turning back to Spyro, Spyro looked even more terrified and tried to avoid any attack she threw at him.

Spyro burst out of the tunnels of the volcano after more flying, and Cynder was almost catching up with him, Spyro flew as fast as he could, but soon another roar was heard, suddenly out of nowhere, Ignitus came in and tackled Cynder away from him and roared with rage.
"Let Spike go!!" Ignitus screamed as he tried clawing at her, but Cynder used her tail to whip his attacks away, and grabbed him by the waste, and Spyro watched as Cynder took Ignitus with her into the clouds, and Spike was taken with them too.
"Spike! Ignitus!" Spyro screamed before he tried going after them, but Terrador soon came in the way and blocked him from going any further.
"We've got to find them! Save Spike and Ignitus!" Spyro shouted as he tried moving past him.
"They're gone Spyro, there's nothing we can do.." Sparx said regretfully looking at the volcano as it was erupting finally.

"I don't care, neither Spike, or Ignitus would leave me. We have to help them!" Spyro said as he didn't want to lose them.
"He's right Spyro." Terrador replied which surprised him.
"I'm right?! Oh my god that's a first!" Sparx said amazed to hear that.
"You'll never find them in this mess, and your not ready to face Cynder yet. The time to fight will come, but not now." Terrador advised trying to calm him down, Spyro sighed and felt awful for having to do this.
"I guess your right.. but what about Spike? Cynder's been after him since we met him.. what's she gonna do to him?" Spyro asked really worried for him.
"I do not know, but if Spike's as strong willed as you, he will be okay. We need to head to Temple now, we'll save them soon, I promise.." Terrador assured which made him feel more regret.
"Your right.. let's go.." Spyro said with regret as they began to take off for the Temple as the volcano's smoke covered the sky, he just hoped that whatever happens.. he'll be able to save Ignitus and Spike..

Author's Note:

Hey guys thanks for reading this! I know I skipped over that mine cart section and stuff, but there wasn't really anything I could do with it, and it may be a waste of time if I did, this chapter was pretty intense with the setting they were in, but it was pretty cool to be honest, it's all leading up to some big reveals next chapter, and I hope you look forward to it!

... Also I just realized, is it me, or does Terrador sound a lot like Spike does in G5? I know it may not be the same actor.. but I don't think Spike's VA was listed in the credits for G5, and he just sounds a lot like G5 Spike after looking at them both, but that may be me, but let me know if you noticed the similarities too, thank you all for reading this and hope you look forward to more!