• Published 30th Apr 2024
  • 119 Views, 0 Comments

Blue Bird - Horizon Sky



A colt has just won the Wonderbolt Filly Race, but who is he really?

  • ...
 0
 119

Lessons

“Wait!” Blue Jay cried as he walked down the city street. The crowd proved to be difficult for him since he never moved with this many ponies before. He called out again “Wait!” but his voice only reached so far with the rest of the crowds noise.

“If you want to be a Wonderbolt then here’s a lesson for you. Don’t let others get in you way.” Said Soarin as he continued down the crowded street.

Blue Jay pouted from the response and stated to increase his pace. It was new for him to be by so many ponies. He thought they would look at him strange for who he was, but even if they saw him they only smiled. Soon he was able to catch up to Soarin but struggled to keep pace. He watched Soarin who had a determined face to make it to his destination. “Why do you have to go this place?” asked Blue Jay

“Because Blue Bird, I was instructed by my commander to go there.” answered Soarin

“But why?” asked Blue Jay

Soarin glanced over to Blue Jay as he moved along the busy street. He sighed and said “Because Wonderbolts aren’t just a group of normal pegasuses. We are a special military force that serves Equestria. So, if I’m told to guard a place I must guard it.”

Blue Jay with a puzzled look asked “But why here?”

“This festival is for the Wonderbolt recruit racers. They’re racing from WRC to here in Canterlot. Us cadets have to watch the race so no interferences happen.”

“When can I become a recruit?” asked Blue Jay

“Not till you’re old enough and have a proper ablility to fly,” said Soarin. He stopped in his tracks to stare at Blue Jay and said “You can fly right?”

“Yeah” said Blue Jay as he started to flap his wings. After a few strokes his small body lifted off the ground. He flapped a few more times to gain enough height to be over Soarin’s head and glided over him. Blue Jay landed in front of Soarin as he rapidly breathed.

“Not bad kid for a display,” said Soarin as he continued down the street “But sadly it will take more than that to become a cadet.”

Blue Jay pouted again from Soarin repose and followed him. Soon the Soarin made it to a pile of crates where another pegasus stallion lounged and watched the crowd. Soaring gave stallion a nod who the other nodded back. After the exchange the stallion stood up and walked off. Soarin reached behind a create the close to a brink wall to pull out a leather satchel. “I thought that flying for an hour would make me the best Wonderbolt out there. But I was dead wrong.” said Soarin

“Then how can I get better?” asked Blue Jay

“By learning the needed skill to be better.” said Soarin as he pulled out a grey book from his satchel. Blue Jay tried to read the text on it but was unable. “This is my that I got from WRC. If you learn what’s in it you may become a placer when you compete in this race.”

Blue Jay grabbed the book with his two hooves and stared at it. He looked up to Soarin and said “But I can’t read.”

The crowd that littered the street started to cheer to the sky when a thunderous sound sounded in the air. “Well Blue Bird I have one more lesson for you,” said Soarin as the wind picked up “Become the best you can,” as Soarin spoke the words a streak of rainbow appered right above them. Blue jay staired at the prismatic line and watched as more pegasus flew threw the air. “Learn to read Blue Bird. And then maybe you can become the best Wonderbolt outthere.”

Blue Jay started down from the sky to meet Soarin gaze, their emerald green eyes locked together. Blue Jay had on possible word to say to Soarin from the the lesson he told him. All he knew was that thing pegasus stranger could be the closest thing he could call a brother.