• Published 30th Apr 2024
  • 118 Views, 0 Comments

Blue Bird - Horizon Sky



A colt has just won the Wonderbolt Filly Race, but who is he really?

  • ...
 0
 118

Alleyway

The colt shifted though the alleyways as he hoped nopony would see him. From some reason that he couldn’t understand there were more ponies on the street today than any other. He heard them cheer and yell for things he could not see when he moved through the shadows. He looked past the opening of the street to see a herd of ponies that trotted down the street opening to the next alleyway.

He waited till they all passed. By the use of his small wings he darted across the street. He looked back to make sure nopony saw him. Once he felt safe he moved deep into the alleyway and found what he wanted.

He trotted up to a set of garbage cans that were set against a brink wall. The smell of cooked foods remised by them as he got closer. He opened one of their lids and started to rummage through it. Cheers and shouts could still be heard from the other side of the building he was behind. The garbage can he searched through came with no reward, so he looked through next one.

He shuffled through the crushed papers that filled most of the can and still found nothing of use. As he exited the second garbage can and looked at the third his stomach gurgled with hunger. It had been a while since he ate. And when he begged for food, nopony would give.

He moved to the third can and popped its lid off. But this one had nothing to look through. He bucked the can to knock it over and the sound of crash metal rung in the alleyway. Defeated he laid against the brink way next to the three cans. He shuffled through the papers that he threw out of them and started to look at them.

Each paper had the same design of three pegasus with puffed chests and three others that flew through the sky as streaks followed them. The pegasi all wore the same blue suit that displayed a yellow jagged pattern down the middle and each one had the same goggles over their eyes.

Of the pegasi on the paper there was one that stood out the most to the colt. One pegasus that had the same dark blue mane as him and a pale blue coat. If the colt grew his mane out more, he could say that the picture was his but just a older version. The colt stared at the photo for a while now as he tried to read the words on it. But to his greates attempts he wasn’t able to. He grew tired of the position that he sat in and stood up to leave. Only to collide with something he didn’t see.

As the colt laid on his back, he looked up to see a what he collided with. He thought it was the garbage can that kicked over before but found out it was something much more. Towered over him was the pegasus stallion on the paper that looked just like him. The stranger started at him and reached a front hoof out to pick the colt back up. He dusted off his back and said to the colt “Sorry I didn’t see you there. I heard a load sound that came from this alleyway and just wanted to check what happened. Are you ok?”

The colt just stared at the stranger with awe. The piece of paper that had once been in the colt’s hoof had now just floated back down from the air. The pair looked at it and back to each other. Their green emerald eyes stared into each other’s. Both thought that this felt they looked in a mirror. The stranger spoke out again “I’m sorry, did you wanted an autograph?”

The pair stared at each other for a little while longer. The stranger shook his head and made an expression that he came up with any idea. “My bad I should have asked you name first, mine’s Soarin. What’s yours.” said the stranger

The colt acted timid by the question and started to mumble “My name is…Blue,” he started to look around the alleyway for anything. His eyes stopped back on the piece of paper with the pegasi on it. He stared at the three that flew threw the air and thought what it felt like to be high in the air like them. He continued his mumble “Blue…Bird. My name is Blue Bird.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment